• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
Okamoto Nobuhiko & Akasaki Chinatsu. New OP & ED you can read on the bottom.

tumblr_nq54rlgvR61sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg

Mandelbo

So I know that the Hidamari Sketch discussion was a few days ago now, but I was digging through my room and found a picture of Yuno that I drew a couple of years back:

It's just a copy of the front cover of the manga's first volume, except Yuno looks unhinged. I thought you guys might like it :D

So I know that the Hidamari Sketch discussion was a few days ago now, but I was digging through my room and found a picture of Yuno that I drew a couple of years back:

It's just a copy of the front cover of the manga's first volume, except Yuno looks unhinged. I thought you guys might like it :D

Yuno turned yandere, just like uh... Yuno.

Arcadius

Banned

Wh-....what did you do to Yuno-chi?!?!

Good drawing though. =)

John Blade

The team 1st baseball game tournament. Interesting to watch as you see how the team manage to start well but start to falter quite a bit once the opposition team mange to find weakness of the player. Because they're one player short, Nene took the place which isn't the best decision during the show. The star of the show is coming down to Izumi when she join the team at the last minute to turn the tide of the game from losing to wining by one hit. Fun episode to watch as you see all the character who was introduce in few episodes and see the skill they have when playing a real baseball game (from good or bad depend who you look into).

This might be the last episode impression I will do for this show as I am going to watch the rest of the show quickly in few days. My impression will come out after I finish the show.

Cornbread78

Myself; Yourself ep.7-END:
MyselfYourself-NanaSana.png

Damn, well I guess you were right about the second half of this series. They finally get around to a little character developement and finally hammering out some of the details of their story. Honestly, for some of the characters it was a little bit too little too late kind of situation and they should haev just left the little girl out of the script all together and focused on the main characters stories more because some of them are nothing more than a face by the end. With that being said, it does go from making no sense at all as I mentioned to hitting really hard in the second half of the series as they close out the relationship stories. They build up that whole love triangle sideplot just to reveal
Hitori actually had Yuri intentions and not our MC... That was a shocker and must have helped seal the deal for him mentally
Even though it wasn't a great scene, I love that pic and as a whole, the artwork was pretty good for this one. For some reason, I really appreciate the common artwork I'm seen drawn from about 2000-2010 or so. Very similar in it's bright, bold colors as well as the character designs and that appears consistant across many different studios and artists......

Midonin

Aikatsu! Akari Generation 138

Skips wins! It was a pretty close race there, but Akari is the main character. The Unit Cup was fun, and I hope these units stick around. Having Akari and Madoka lose their cards was clearly a way to pad for time, but the episode used it in a way to further the bonds between them and their fans, so it's all good.

John Blade

Ah...look like the RightStuff log in doesn't work as they can't find my account from them (even though I order a big order from them last Christmas). Look like I might need to sign up again...

Also, you know what time is it?
IMG_20150618_1058584391_zps0za1lkfd.jpg

You guys hype this show and I went out of my way to get it. This better be the best abridged show as I am going in with the hype in me.

javac

Have you heard the word of our Lord and Saviour Shenmue III?

I'll be honest with you, I didn't really care for anything at E3 outside of Super Mario Maker which looks fan-fucking-tastic. Was skeptical about it at last E3, being the 30th Anniversary I thought that a Galaxy 3 type of thing would be more fitting for the big 30, and although I'd certainly love that, Maker looks like a great tribute to the legacy of Mario. I think that the things that Sony did were great for the fans, I just happen to not give a single damn about FF,Shenmue or TLG and all of that Ico/SotC stuff, but great for the fans no doubt!

phaze

Elfen Lied 11-13 END
The crazy bastards actually did it. I was waiting for some copout regarding Kohta's past
but they really made Lucy the killer of his sister.
o_o

After the first few episodes, I was kinda getting ready to lambast this show as the mix of the very worst things taken from Strike Witches, Deadman Wonderland and School Days, cranked up to eleven. And don't get me wrong, Elfen Lied is still very much that in a nutshell but I'd venture to say, it is also written much more tightly than any of the formerly mentioned shows. It doesn't drown itself in irrelevant episodic bullshit, it doesn't fizzle out in a pointless side arc with a non ending and a "please buy the manga for which this anime was an ad" plea in the end credits and it doesn't take 6 episodes to get going. Oh no, the insanity starts from the very first minute and doesn't let go for a moment. Pretty much every new episode progresses the story forward and brings something new to the table. If nothing else, I kinda respect it for that. Oh and the harem aspect was surprisingly subdued here. Despite quickly accumulating four girls under his roof, only two of them were ever romantically linked to the mc. That's a surprising restraint from the creators. And at the end, both of them kinda showed signs of existence of brain cells under their frontal and parietal bones which was much more than I was expecting from this kind of show.

Verdict: Better than School Days

Midonin

Etotama 11

Now, the final arc commences. Everything that happened, and everything that will happen, is laid out here. The show wasn't pulling our leg last week - Mo-tan really is gone, at least for now. I'm sure the show will bring her back in the finale, but unlike Uri-tan, she can't just rejoin the world of the living. Making us doubt this with the first fakeout was a clever misdirection on the part of the writers. This show's been a lot of fun to watch, and I'm looking forward to the finale.

John Blade

Okay....look like they won't transfer your account if you don't order any items this current year before the change. Well...look like I will reapply again. Still, nothing bad about this as now I can use paypal to pay for my order.

Cornbread78

Elfen Lied 11-13 END

The crazy bastards actually did it. I was waiting for some copout regarding Kohta's past
but they really made Lucy the killer of his sister.
o_o

After the first few episodes, I was kinda getting ready to lambast this show as the mix of the very worst things taken from Strike Witches, Deadman Wonderland and School Days, cranked up to eleven. And don't get me wrong, Elfen Lied is still very much that in a nutshell but I'd venture to say, it is also written much more tightly than any of the formerly mentioned shows. It doesn't drown itself in irrelevant episodic bullshit, it doesn't fizzle out in a pointless side arc with a non ending and a "please buy the manga for which this anime was an ad" plea in the end credits and it doesn't take 6 episodes to get going. Oh no, the insanity starts from the very first minute and doesn't let go for a moment. Pretty much every new episode progresses the story forward and brings something new to the table. If nothing else, I kinda respect it for that. Oh and the harem aspect was surprisingly subdued here. Despite quickly accumulating four girls under his roof, only two of them were ever romantically linked to the mc. That's a surprising restraint from the creators. And at the end, both of them kinda showed signs of existence of brain cells under their frontal and parietal bones which was much more than I was expecting from this kind of show.

Verdict: Better than School Days

LOL, I might just have to watch this one at some point for the lulz...

Arcadius

Banned
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb

Another fantastic season with the Hidamari girls. This season sees the most growth of all the girls and is a little emotional too. The upcoming graduation for Sae and Hiro is something all the girls are apprehensive about, but at the same time, very excited to see Hiro and Sae become something and live their lives successfully.

I honestly can't add much about how I feel for this series, after reviewing the past three seasons, all those words and feelings can carry over to Honeycomb perfectly. I love Yuno-chi and Nazuna, they're absolutely adorable. Nori and Nazuna, Miya-chan and Yuno-chi, and Hiro with Sae are all incredibly cute friends to one another and when the whole gang gets together, the cuteness they exude escalates far beyond the reaches of the stars. I'm also really happy to see that Natsume had more screen time this season, I always felt bad for her because she seemed to be so alone and her crush on Sae-san hasn't been confessed yet. None-the-less, more Natsume was really needed, she's so cute when she gets flustered at the sight of Sae-san and when she's rolling on her bed hugging the body pillow-cat, so adorable!! ~

The animation and art style this season is unbelievably good too. It's probably the best looking season for Hidamari Sketch yet. The colors all pop because they're vibrant and pastel, the animation is really well done, even with the quick cuts that seem to break motion. Without a doubt, easiest season on the eyes, though I personally fell in love with Hidamari Sketch on S1 E1.

Best thing about x Honeycomb for me though, is the way that art is actually integrated into the anime. In all the other seasons, it always seemed like it wasn't a main focus; though even in x Honeycomb, it's not the "main" focus, it gets brought up enough that it feels like it's a show about art students in high school; because of this, I think x Honeycomb might be my favorite season yet!

A lot of emotions came up this season too, we can feel the emotions of the girls as time passes on and we reach closer to the graduation of Hiro and Sae. It's going to be absolutely heart breaking to watch them go.

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb features great music, like the previous seasons before it. The OP this time is okay; I personally didn't like it as much as the others, but the animation involved with the OP is phenomenal, I should gif it to be honest, it's so pretty. The ED on the other hand is so beautiful to listen to and incredibly calming/relaxing. I'll have to give another listen to the other ED's, but I feel that x Honeycomb features the best ED of the Hidamari Sketch anime. A lot of good background music was used this season too, making the anime a great watch and listen.

I really hope another season of Hidamari Sketch gets announced soon, I believe the source is still continuing or at least, I swear I saw the announcement of new freshmen. I know there is an OVA about Hiro and Sae's graduation, but it's not available to stream and is really really expensive =(.... May have to rely on other means I guess.

If you're interested in Hidamari Sketch, a super cute slice of life involving the lives of 4 (then 6) girls, Hulu has all the main seasons and the specials that come with the DVD's/Blurays too!

Cornbread78

I used to look forward to Fridays... now that SNAFU is so close to ending I don't like them anymore :(

Don't even, my Fri-Sun combo's have been great with SNAFU, Danmachi, Plastic Memories, Grisaia, Yamada-kun, but as the summer season approaches...... We'll see how the new shows pan out and who picks up the streaming. Hopefully, Crunchy gets some good ones that I can enjoy, but it's going to be a tough...

Don't even, my Fri-Sun combo's have been great with SNAFU, Danmachi, Plastic Memories, Grisaia, Yamada-kun, but as the summer season approaches...... We;ll see hwo the new shows pan out and who picks up the streaming. Hopefully, Crunchy gets some good ones that I can enjoy, but it's going to be a tough...
Truth be told I find that every season the "best stuff" for me always falls in those days

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 26

So are you telling me
this dog Iggy got thrown across the desert? Animal abuse! Then again he kinda deserved it.
This show really pulls no punches. There's a Stand user who is blind and uses sound detection to locate his enemies, damn he's a really dangerous opponent.

1 down 8 to go.

e_i

Assassination Classroom episode 21

Nagisa
is going to lose his shit.
And holy shit
that "teacher" is motherfucking godamned insane.

cajunator

Banned
Don't worry, I'll get back to Chrno Crusade soon enough, l ready watched the first few until
Crno went berzerk and used his demon powers to protect her

I really think you'll like Chrno Crusade (thats how its supposed to be spelled too)
IIt can be a bit romantic at times, but the stakes are much much higher.

Yuno gonna stab a bitch with a pencil
J/k she would never do that hehee
Nice sketch, just need to fix her eyes.

cajunator

Banned
So...fucking E3 huh?

Meh. Unraveled was nice.

Ah...look like the RightStuff log in doesn't work as they can't find my account from them (even though I order a big order from them last Christmas). Look like I might need to sign up again...

Also, you know what time is it?
IMG_20150618_1058584391_zps0za1lkfd.jpg

You guys hype this show and I went out of my way to get it. This better be the best abridged show as I am going in with the hype in me.

ooooh Ghost Stories. This show is completely different from wahtever the japanese version was. they were literally given free reign to ad lib whatever they felt like. Its incredible.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Illya returns!

they have a live chat or send them an email
https://www.rightstuf.com/phplive/phplive.php?d=0

Also send them a tweet https://twitter.com/animetoday

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I laugh every time I see the intro to S2 of Fate/stay Night UBW because it has Illya in it running around looking happy but her entire role this season was decidedly shitty.

I'm a bad person.

Illya's role in this season was getting horribly killed and having her still-beating heart ripped out of her body like fucken Kano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom