• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoJo Stardust Crusaders 27

I find it hilarious how Iggy saved their asses from getting poisoned. Damn those stand powers are really dangerous if used properly it's just that the brothers weren't as competent as they could have been.

Also that Ed they really changed it up to match the brothers.

Robotguy

Ah...look like the RightStuff log in doesn't work as they can't find my account from them (even though I order a big order from them last Christmas). Look like I might need to sign up again...

Also, you know what time is it?
IMG_20150618_1058584391_zps0za1lkfd.jpg

You guys hype this show and I went out of my way to get it. This better be the best abridged show as I am going in with the hype in me.
It's pretty funny.
I never got around to watching the last couple of episode though. Need to do that.

Cornbread78

I never look forward to Fridays but snafu would make them tolerable.

This is hilarious. I cant wait to start this show.
Lots of things keep getting in the way though.

Yui is the glue that binds them together; sweet & outgoing but emotional: The last couple weeks have been amazing...

tumblr_npyri0KRWR1rw3w54o1_500.gif

tumblr_npv820o6VK1qjmcfmo1_500.gif

The three of them are finally together and on the same page, but there is an unstopple force at play here:

tumblr_npnzpfr21Z1s5f9ado1_500.gif

tumblr_npsnziTan81rmzw91o1_500.gif

What will happen this week? It's going to be a long wait until tomorrow!

javac

Meh. Unraveled was nice.

Agreed, E3 was very fucking meh, just feels like a fucking blur, with Giant Bomb just hooked into my veins for the past week. I thought that everything was pretty much shit outside of Mario Maker. Don't have an opinion on things like Unravel personally just because its like...fuck its just a trailer, like it looks really nice visually...but what do I even do in it? I never get behind shit like that so E3 usually is just a load of bull for me every year outside of Nintendo. Tangible, actual shit I can get my hands on and understand like Mario Maker? Fuuuuck yeah give me that, FF7, random Nier trailer with garbled title, new IP that's pretty much a slideshow of pretty images and game that you shout at huge cat bird hybrid thing and jump at it in slow motion that should have been out half a decade ago? Pfft. Other than that, fantastic week haha.

Also yeah, pretty much lost my appetite for anime, so fucking out of the loop.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 27

I find it hilarious how Iggy saved their asses from getting poisoned. Damn those stand powers are really dangerous if used properly it's just that the brothers weren't as competent as they could have been.

Also that Ed they really changed it up to match the brothers.

Funniest episode for me. It was hilarious seeing those two getting trolled at every opportunity.

Okamoto Nobuhiko & Akasaki Chinatsu. New OP & ED you can read on the bottom.

alice da bes

Agreed, E3 was very fucking meh, just feels like a fucking blur, with Giant Bomb just hooked into my veins for the past week. I thought that everything was pretty much shit outside of Mario Maker. Don't have an opinion on things like Unravel personally just because its like...fuck its just a trailer, like it looks really nice visually...but what do I even do in it? I never get behind shit like that so E3 usually is just a load of bull for me every year outside of Nintendo. Tangible, actual shit I can get my hands on and understand like Mario Maker? Fuuuuck yeah give me that, FF7, random Nier trailer with garbled title, new IP that's pretty much a slideshow of pretty images and game that you shout at huge cat bird hybrid thing and jump at it in slow motion that should have been out half a decade ago? Pfft. Other than that, fantastic week haha.

I am totally okay with the new Nier project being just a CG trailer and a garbled name since before that minute I would have never expected a new Nier project

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 28

Why does every Stand enemy want to kill Polnareff first? I just realized it but everyone goes for Polnareff first, he's like a sitting duck. 😆

Is this supposed to be a running joke?

How about that Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay trailer? I thought it was better than anything Nintendo showed at E3 which was honestly mediocre.

javac

I am totally okay with the new Nier project being just a CG trailer and a garbled name since before that minute I would have never expected a new Nier project
No doubt, fucking PlatinumGames too right, these guys and girls are everywhere this E3. I mean good on em, did the first even do well? It went down well with the fans, I never played it, but loved the soundtrack so that's awesome, more music like that please, but yeah zero interest in the game and zero interest in Square as a whole and what they showed.

How about that Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay trailer? I thought it was better than anything Nintendo showed at E3 which was honestly mediocre.

I...don't care for KH at all, all I got from the trailer was just some dude in clown pants and massive shoes and a huge ass key who jumps into a train out of nowhere and then some teacups? Oh and two FF dudes playing some weird ass chess game, that happened right? Man I was tripping, the visuals looks really fucking nice tho but man yeah...again nice for the fans but for me it was a chance to go to the toilet and take a break.

Yui is the glue that binds them together; sweet & outgoing but emotional: The last couple weeks have been amazing...

tumblr_npyri0KRWR1rw3w54o1_500.gif

tumblr_npv820o6VK1qjmcfmo1_500.gif

The three of them are finally together and on the same page, but there is an unstopple force at play here:

tumblr_npnzpfr21Z1s5f9ado1_500.gif

tumblr_npsnziTan81rmzw91o1_500.gif

What will happen this week? It's going to be a long wait until tomorrow!

It'll be a long while until we get another slice of life of this quality isn't it. Ugh. I'll watch the other stuff but it's kinda like how when you have a taste of a AAA quality, super expensive steak. You'll only eat cheaper ones after that (if you are poor like me), it's same thing in name, but not in taste.

cajunator

Banned

Im not an RPG fan, so the only game I was hap[py about was The Last Guardian. but Im glad its still alive.
Nintendo was apparently boring this time but I know what Im getting with them. Its no surprise to me after 3 decades.

No doubt, fucking PlatinumGames too right, these guys and girls are everywhere this E3. I mean good on em, did the first even do well? It went down well with the fans, I never played it, but loved the soundtrack so that's awesome, more music like that please, but yeah zero interest in the game and zero interest in Square as a whole and what they showed.

I...don't care for KH at all, all I got from the trailer was just some dude in clown pants and massive shoes and a huge ass key who jumps into a train out of nowhere and then some teacups? Oh and two FF dudes playing some weird ass chess game, that happened right? Man I was tripping, the visuals looks really fucking nice tho but man yeah...again nice for the fans but for me it was a chance to go to the toilet and take a break.

Platinum is pretty awesome overall. They should make a sequel to W101.
Kingdom Hearts put me to sleep watching others play it. Im just not a fan of those slower paced RPG games I guess. Im happy that others are hyped.

The new Nier project is something that should not exist and sounds like fanwank.

Platinum Games.
Yoko Taro gets a new game again, on the E3 stage, a sequel to an obscure cult classic, after Cavia shut down and after multiple flops.
Original composer.
Original vocalist.
Basically the same team for the original Nier.

I want to know how this happened because what? How?

phaze

Giant Robo 1

This was so, for the lack of better word, "old school" it hurt. Experts of Justice ? Evil organisation calling itself Big Fire ? Even at the time of release, I would have screamed "What Year is this !?" at the top of my lungs. Well from what I read beforehand that seems to be the whole point so mission accomplished I guess.

The great visuals and the brisk pace made it easier to get used to the cheesiness of it all. So much so that I'm looking forward to more. Oh and calling it now, the Ginrei girl is so totally the daughter of Vogler. Rarely do you see such an obvious Chekhov Gun like that old family photo.

Cornbread78

Full Moon o Sagashite ep. 1-6:
It took a little adjustment to get used to the artwork but the characters are all pretty unique and Mitsuki is definately a really cute character. This is another one that they give you the outcome at the beginning and it is all about the journey there. The banter between Takuto and Meroko has been fun this far, but we'll see how this one plays out with Takuto's feelings towards Mitsuki already out of place a little bit.. However, it's a VERY long series... And yes Cajun, the music is very cute...

cajunator

Banned
9X0qjy2.jpg

It took a little adjustment to get used to the artwork but the characters are all pretty unique and Mitsuki is a really cute character. This is another one that they give you the outcome at the beginning and it is all about the journey there. The banter between Takuto and Meroko has been fun this far, but we'll see how this one plays out, it's a VERY long series... And yes Cajun, the music is very cute...

yeah its pretty long but I was so addicted to it I watched large amounts in one go hehee
The music is by a singer named Myco and a band under the name "Changin My Life"
The OP is by THE★SCANTY
SOme really memorable music in there. A lot of the songs only get small snippets but Ill link you to some later if you want.
You can see that a few songs will feature prominently in this story.

Arcadius

Banned

It took a little adjustment to get used to the artwork but the characters are all pretty unique and Mitsuki is definately a really cute character. This is another one that they give you the outcome at the beginning and it is all about the journey there. The banter between Takuto and Meroko has been fun this far, but we'll see how this one plays out with Takuto's feelings towards Mitsuki already out of place a little bit.. However, it's a VERY long series... And yes Cajun, the music is very cute...

So worth it. I finished it in two days, got so caught up in it. Enjoy it, it's absolutely incredible.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 29

Well what do you know Iggy saves the day once again. It was funny when Anubis stabbed the cow and ended up in the bottom of the sea begging the fishes for help.

I'm really loving the Stands and think they are awesome so far but for some reason I really miss Hamon.😔

Link Man

Banned
Finally knocked off the last 2 episodes of Log Horizon from my backlog. Don't know why I waited so long.

I really hope we get a season 3, did that tax thing get resolved at all?

javac

Im not an RPG fan, so the only game I was hap[py about was The Last Guardian. but Im glad its still alive.
Nintendo was apparently boring this time but I know what Im getting with them. Its no surprise to me after 3 decades.

Platinum is pretty awesome overall. They should make a sequel to W101.
Kingdom Hearts put me to sleep watching others play it. Im just not a fan of those slower paced RPG games I guess. Im happy that others are hyped.
Platinum are indeed awesome. Agreed, I don't want to rain on others parade, but yeah Mario Maker was the only thing that I cared for during E3 and for the rest of the year. Like yeah Yokai Watch actually looks fun for a person who really likes Pokemon types of games, but its also something that I've heard about for a while in Japanese sales threads for the past two or three years, so its not actually new to me, and is out next year in Europe. Star Fox looks...fine, needs more polish , I mean whatever I have no affinity towards the series but I'm not against it. I got 64 for the 3DS when it came out and never played it so if anything it's made me want to actually play that. K.K. Slider and Isabelle Amiibo? Yeah sure, take my fucking money, they look neat. Everything else? eh, but you know what? I'm fine with that, I knew that this would be my reaction before E3 started, its like that every year. Games just fucking bore me these days outside of Nintendo and the cool ass shit like Bayo out of nowhere. The last few previous E3's have been awesome for me for Nintendo with Kart 8 and Splatoon and 3D World, this year, Mario Maker is enough, and I'm fine with that.

The new Nier project is something that should not exist and sounds like fanwank.

I want to know how this happened because what? How?
Sounds cool for the fans, Taro is that guy with the weird mask right? Weird. No affinity for the cast, crew or game myself, but again yeah awesome for them to get together and make another game and cool for the fans. Unexpected announcement, but one that also flew over my head as I saw this masked dude walk up to the stage.

Midonin

Punchline 11

The most important part of this episode wasn't the part after the commercial break, the big New Years' battle. It was the part just before. The part where Meika inducts everyone into Justice Punch (multilingual wordplay. Love it!) and they agree to work together to save the day. That kind of teamwork, that heroism, that's the stuff I watch anime for. Inspiring speeches like that may be cliche, but that doesn't mean it can't affect me. Making the episode title look like an old-school Super Sentai logo may have helped too. Plus, plenty of English from the US. Everyone has a role to play, everything lines up. This show's been really fun to watch as well.

Cornbread78

Etotama ep. 11:
A good episode that sets up the final battle perfectly. We learned more of Chu-tan and Nya-tan's backgrounds to fill in all the blanks. Nya-tan also got the final seal from the cute dragon girl... I expect a grand CG battle of all battles next week, since they could lay low with the funds in this episode. Man, this show is going to be missed this summer as it was always a bright spot on Thursdays to kick back and have some fun. There was a lot of despair in this episode, as well as some hope, so I have no idea how this one is going to work out next week.

cajunator

Banned
Etotama ep. 11:
A good episode that sets up the final battle perfectly. We learned more of Chu-tan and Nya-tan's backgrounds to fill in all the blanks. Nya-tan also got the final seal from the cute dragon girl... I expect a grand CG battle of all battles next week, since they could lay low with the funds in this episode. Man, this show is going to be missed this summer as it was always a bright spot on Thursdays to kick back and have some fun. There was a lot of despair in this episode, as well as some hope, so I have no idea how this one is going to work out next week.

Based Uri-tan

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 30

tumblr_njq3j2Hbn61r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Her butt and legs are a magnet.😎

This was the best comedy centered episode yet. Why are all the episodes that are centered on Joseph hilarious? "Oh My God!" Mariah has a really fine body but not as great as Lisa Lisa.

Though I have to question why didn't Joseph use Hamon to create a repelling electromagnetic field? I know the Hamon idea is old and busted but this would of been a great use for it to stop the Magnetic Stand. I mean using Joseph's Stand and Hamon together would of been awesome. Like from what I heard the PS3 JoJo game uses Joseph's Stand and Hamon together for a finisher. Also why couldn't Advol even use his Stand to weaken the Magnetic Stand since he controls fire?

Sounds cool for the fans, Taro is that guy with the weird mask right? Weird. No affinity for the cast, crew or game myself, but again yeah awesome for them to get together and make another game and cool for the fans. Unexpected announcement, but one that also flew over my head as I saw this masked dude walk up to the stage.

So the puppet show from Nintendo was fine by you but a guy wearing a moon mask on stage turned you off his game?

Also Nier is being developed by Platinum as well just like Bayonetta 2 and Metal Gear Rising which you've described as awesome so how do you not like the crew behind the game?

I just don't think your arguments are that strong here.

Punchline 11

I gotta say this episode looked amazing. This was never a bad looking show but damn there was a lot of awesome sakuga in this episode. Wish I had some webm and .gif.

Also goddamn US army can you do something right for once

Husband saying 12

Pretty good episode.

John Blade

Argh....my worst nightmare have come true. Before I open the Ghost Stories DVD, I hear the moving of the disc which mean it wasn't secure during transport. Yup, my nightmare become real as all three disc have scratch really bad during transport. I am talking to the online store to see what they can do about this. Look like I will put on hold of this show till I can get another copy without the scratch up disc.

javac

So the puppet show from Nintendo was fine by you but a guy wearing a moon mask on stage turned you off his game?

Also Nier is being developed by Platinum as well just like Bayonetta 2 and Metal Gear Rising which you've described as awesome so how do you not like the crew behind the game?

I just don't think your arguments are that strong here.

Not trying to make an argument so no idea where that line came from, trying to bring controversy where it doesn't exist. They're making a game, I don't care for it, but hey awesome that it's a thing, people seem real fucking happy, respect. I'm just being frank, they showed a CG trailer and nothing else. I like Nintendo...aaannnd not much else, and I'm very upfront about that because I don't see anything wrong with that. I like Platinum, but not exactly everything they do, like I have no interest Scalebound or Transformers, MadWorld, Anarchy Reigns, Korra etc and outside of Kamiya, I don't really know the people there. Game looks cool? Cool! I like Devil May Cry, and although it's not Kamiya, DMC 3 is probably my favorite game of all time, so when things like Bayo come out? Fucking A. People will say I'm a Nintendo "fanboy" like its a controversial thing, but hey I like what I like and don't like what I don't and Nintendo showed off a lot of crap I didn't care for like Yoshi and Animal Crossing Party. As a person with limited time and very limited money, I find it easy to just filter out everything and maintain laser focus on things that appeal to me, and when something is tangible, much less on a platform I own (I won't be buying a PS4 or XBOX One ever), I find it easier to muster up interest in said title. And yes, to answer that question, puppets were indeed cool and mask man made me laugh, for many different reasons but hey again that's his thing as I learned, I just saw it similar to the luchador/identity thing, and yeah why not go all out with it including weird ass claps? Again, fucking A.

cajunator

Banned
Argh....my worst nightmare have come true. Before I open the Ghost Stories DVD, I hear the moving of the disc which mean it wasn't secure during transport. Yup, my nightmare become real as all three disc have scratch really bad during transport. I am talking to the online store to see what they can do about this. Look like I will put on hold of this show till I can get another copy without the scratch up disc.

This right here is why Im moving as much of my collection as possible to bluray.
I remember many times preordering something for it to arrive with the dreaded rattle. Also stores lost a lot of money on scratched DVD merchandise.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 31

N36uwRc.jpg

Well that was unpredictable.😮

aCt2DcL.jpg

Them legs though.

6a4N4n0.jpg

Holy Shit is this show amazing.😆

That was an amazing episode like 10/10. The Engrish was off the walls. Mariah may of had a magnetic body but she had to go and get hospitalized. Joseph's quick thinking was brilliant and him working together with Advol to finally smash Mariah with her own Stand ability was nice.

I have to say though when Mariah said Joseph was charming and clever and wouldn't mind being with him. I can't help but laugh because if he was in his prime he would have her head over heels for him. I mean he was fabulous as fuck in his youth.

Squishy3

Punchline 11

I gotta say this episode looked amazing. This was never a bad looking show but damn there was a lot of awesome sakuga in this episode. Wish I had some webm and .gif.
ShareX makes it really easy to capture gifs/webm, although your mileage may vary with web players. Region selection is kind of wonky IIRC.

Crocodile

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 30

This was the best comedy centered episode yet. Why are all the episodes that are centered on Joseph hilarious? "Oh My God!" Mariah has a really fine body but not as great as Lisa Lisa.

Though I have to question why didn't Joseph use Hamon to create a repelling electromagnetic field? I know the Hamon idea is old and busted but this would of been a great use for it to stop the Magnetic Stand. I mean using Joseph's Stand and Hamon together would of been awesome. Like from what I heard the PS3 JoJo game uses Joseph's Stand and Hamon together for a finisher. Also why couldn't Advol even use his Stand to weaken the Magnetic Stand since he controls fire?

Why are the Joesph centered episodes the best? I dunno maybe because they star Joesph? Seems obvious no :p

Arcadius

Banned
Hidamari Sketch: Sae Hiro Sotsugyou-hen (Sae and Hiro Graduation)

A perfect end to an amazing anime series. (I hope it's not really the end) =(

It was so great to see Hiro and Sae graduate. The composition of frames set up during the entire second episode for the OVA was so well done. SHAFT did an excellent job showcasing how much Yuno-chi was being affected by Hiro and Sae graduating and eventually having to move out. Yuno was moved, as were as all the other girls and as such, I too was moved . . . to tears.

To recap from all the other reviews I have done about Hidamari Sketch. A story about 4 girls (then 6), Yuno-chi (Main Focus), Miya-chan, Hiro, Sae, Nori and Nazuna who live out their lives in an apartment right across from Yamabuki High. We have characters of many spectrums: shy/reserved, timid, nervous, eccentric, simple minded, caring, loving, motherly; honestly so many terms could be used to describe the girls.

It's a slow rolling adventure about essentially nothing: eating foods with your friends, going to school, going to the bath houses, just celebrating life and all that occurs within it. All the girls except for Miya-chan have some sort of problems that they face, whether it's Hiro's weight problem, Yuno-chi's lack of direction, Sae's confidence etc. etc., they all feel real and are handled very well through all 4 seasons. Yoshinoya-sensei continues to be cute all the way throughout and Natsume will forever remain the girl with a crush so great, she can't do anything about it. I'm really glad that Natsume had more screen time in x Honeycomb and her scene in the OVA too; really shows how much she cares for Sae. The only thing I wish we could have seen more of was Chika-chan, Sae's younger sister. She is incredibly cute, with an attitude and personality that is quite different from Sae herself.
I honestly thought that she was going to join her sister and live in the Hidamari Apartment when she became a high school student.

The art style that SHAFT uses is so adorable and cute, polka dots and great art, blending in real life items with their style, pastel colors and vibrant ones too. Never once did I feel the colors or art style were too aggressive or boring, I love it. I love all the outfits that the girls used when not in their school uniforms, I love how the outfits always had this layer drawn on-top that, when the outfits moved, more of that "on-top" layer would be shown. I have no idea how to call that technique, but it's so mesmerizing. The entire series showcases how the art style of a company matures and becomes greater than ever before, I think.

The music used throughout the entire series is quite amazing. Background music is played when it makes sense, always lending more emotions to the scene at hand. The openings and endings used are all fantastic, with the openings always being peppy, cheerful, quick to bring excitement to you, where as the endings are always slower in pace, use a more relaxing melody and have beautiful singers for your ears to experience. Music from Hidamari Sketch alone is quite amazing to listen to and when combined with the art style, the show goes past the stratosphere becoming an amazing series of music and art.

Hidamari Sketch.... as a whole entity, is without a doubt a fantastic and great slice of life. The girls, the slice of life story, the relationships, the entire thing.... just so good ~.The way the episodes are played out, throwing the viewer into relationships already built and confusing us, works so well in the end. Reason why Hidamari Sketch is out of order!. By the end of this series, I felt so connected to the characters and story that was occurring, it was incredible.

10/10. I love this anime. So glad I was able to experience it.

phaze

I laugh every time I see the intro to S2 of Fate/stay Night UBW because it has Illya in it running around looking happy but her entire role this season was decidedly shitty.

I'm a bad person.

Illya's role in this season was getting horribly killed and having her still-beating heart ripped out of her body like fucken Kano

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 31
That was an amazing episode like 10/10. The Engrish was off the walls. Mariah may of had a magnetic body but she had to go and get hospitalized. Joseph's quick thinking was brilliant and him working together with Advol to finally smash Mariah with her own Stand ability was nice.

I have to say though when Mariah said Joseph was charming and clever and wouldn't mind being with him. I can't help but laugh because if he was in his prime he would have her head over heels for him. I mean he was fabulous as fuck in his youth.

One of the funniest and most satisfying fights in SC. First half of Egypt in general is the highpoint of Crusaders for me . ( + some moments in the last few episodes.)
You should watch Brynhildr as well if you've not done so.
Isn't that the one that rushes the source material to the point of incoherence ? I think I might give Mirai Nikki a shot when the time to watch bloody, awful shows comes again. I have only like 21 more episodes of that god awful MC to suffer through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom