• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that the one that rushes the source material to the point of incoherence ? I think I might give Mirai Nikki a shot when the time to watch bloody, awful shows comes again. I have only like 21 more episodes of that god awful MC to suffer through.

Eh, it wasn't that bad. But Mirai Nikki is probably a better choice though.

jbug617

Banned
No Game No Life LE is revealed
CH0G2jDWIAA_6_D.jpg:large

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 32

Once again Polnareff is getting attacked first and ended up turning into a 4 year old. What the heck, what kind of Stand is that?

French Tokyo Ghoul Blu-ray packaging, which the UK version should be identical to:
The art is looking real good at least. That Rize though.😏

Yeh Punchline's visuals were quite nice this episode and are relatively high quality overall.

So that's one of the very few things it has going for it.

javac

I have the Eva set pre-ordered for 41,000Yen ($330) but damn it I'll probably end up cancelling it. Eva Blu-ray for 40k or Gunbuster figure for 20k ($160)...decisions.

Cornbread78

Yeh Punchline's visuals were quite nice this episode and are relatively high quality overall.

So that's one of the very few things it has going for it.

Sounds like FF: Lightning Returns. I finally turned on my PS3 for the first time in months the other day and it looked beautiful, but it's a turd from what I'm told. ..

I didn't even realize NGNL got dubbed, and the LNs are being translated over the next year.

Wait, so we could get an S2 if the adapted it soon then? I really enjoyed S1 (outside of the excessive Onee-sama love disease the sis had) It was fun to watch and the MC was pretty cool, so yeah, more would be great. Plus the non-ending of S1 kinda pissed me off, lol.

Vito

Banned
The master was lost.

Doesn't matter. National emergency should have been declared until it was found. I know the rest of it won't look THAT great since it's 16mm film, but still. NGE is my favorite show and I want it pristine, I could let it slide if it were the recap episode. *sigh*

Midonin

I think I like Mero already. Though that's because mermaids are the most human-like out of all the ones there. Or at least the ones we're most acclimated to thinking of as human-like.

Most of this has to do with Disney.

Erheller

Hey Anime-GAF, first post here.
Sorry if you guys hate these recommendation posts.

I'm looking for a new anime to watch. I've picked through most of the AotY and recommendation threads in the OP already, but I want to hear what Anime-GAF thinks.

I'm interested mostly in shows or movies that focus on deep characters and exploring themes. I like slice-of-life shows quite a bit.

Anime I really liked (in no particular order)
  • Hyouka
  • SNAFU (Finished the first season, waiting for the second season to finish so I can binge watch it in a weekend)
  • Wandering Son
  • From the New World
  • The Tatami Galaxy

Other anime I liked (again in no particular order)
  • Tsuritama
  • Usagi Drop
  • Silver Spoon
  • Space Brothers (I'm in the middle of watching this one, it's long)
  • The Eccentric Family

I'm not a huge fan of action anime, although I did enjoy Fate/Zero and Space Battleship Yamato
and Girls und Panzer
quite a bit. I didn't like some others as much.

John Blade

I'm looking for a new anime to watch. I've picked through most of the AotY and recommendation threads in the OP already, but I want to hear what Anime-GAF thinks.

I'm interested mostly in shows or movies that focus on deep characters and exploring themes. I like slice-of-life shows quite a bit.

• Hyouka
  • SNAFU (Finished the first season, waiting for the second season to finish so I can binge watch it in a weekend)
  • Wandering Son
  • From the New World
  • The Tatami Galaxy

Other anime I liked (again in no particular order)
  • Tsuritama
  • Usagi Drop
  • Silver Spoon
  • Space Brothers (I'm in the middle of watching this one, it's long)
  • The Eccentric Family

I'm not a huge fan of action anime, although I did enjoy Fate/Zero and Space Battleship Yamato
and Girls und Panzer
quite a bit. I didn't like some others as much.

If you like slice of life anime, I would recommend to look into Someday's Dreamers for both Season 1 and 2. Season 1 and 2 have different main character you follow but it still revolve into magic skill and how the main character use it for different situation. I just finish watching the show last months and if you want, you can read it below.

Season 1 impression
Season 2 Impression

I will say this, it's kinda a hidden gems show not many people here watch from what I can gather. It's actually a fine show and actually decent to say a least. I prefer season 1 a bit more (mostly the tone ) but Season 2 is very emotional and still strong. Give the show a try and do hope you like it.

• Hyouka

I like you already because of these 2 on your list, mhm.

Let's see when it comes to shows I should really start cataloguing my thoughts because, believe when I tell you that I have watched A TON of slice of life, but I can't name a single one right now. I'm just going to spit a random one that I enjoyed:

Ao Haru Ride

EDIT:

Euphonium (it's still airing this season, but it is quite good too. Plus, it's made by the same people that made Hyouka)

Cornbread78

Now you're talking up my ally here.

If you haven't watched Clannad yet, drop everything and watch it and Clannad After Story

I'll put another list up in a couple minute mins, but yeah Clannad is one of the best ever, lol..

Season 1 is decent and good as a standalone but Root A is mediocre.

The manga is the way to go because it's absolutely solid unlike the anime which butchered it.

The ending for season 2 left me with a bile taste in my mouth that I can't remember other shows of recent date leaving me. Good god, they really fucked it up BAD, and I am not one to complain
much
about these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom