• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will happen first. Nisekoi guy chooses a girl, Luffy finds the one piece, Titan guy goes to the basement, winter comes to Geimu of Thrones.

One Piece and A Song of Ice and Fire will both take like, a decade more. Eren is on track to finding the basement, give that 2 years max. Nisekoi who cares

One Piece and A Song of Ice and Fire will both take like, a decade more. Eren is on track to finding the basement, give that 2 years max. Nisekoi who cares

let me tell you what will happen.

After 3 years they will find the basement , but it's empty and the answer is hidden in another basement

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's true. I think that female-oriented harems also have a much greater focus on the men as characters over just their attraction to the main character. It still exists, but its not focused on as much as it would be in a male-oriented harem.

Also, I had a friend who seemed like she was super into BroCom, so when I went to Japan I figured I would pick up something for her from Akiba. Unfortunately, when I got there I realized she'd never actually talked about any of the guys in particular, and there wasn't any merchandise that just had everyone on it, so I spent 10 of the most awkward minutes staring at it trying to figure out what I should buy for her before just deciding to look up the most popular character and buying something with him on it.

Then when I gave it to her, she blankly stared at it and only figured out what it was after 30 seconds. God damnit. I felt less awkward on the floor with the dakimakura.
With BroCom, there are so many characters that the only one that I can even think of at the moment is the shota. I just assume that part of the appeal is the broad strokes of the archetypes that the characters don't actually matter - in the same way that fujioshi can have a discussion about which is the seme and the uke in a relationship between a car and the road.

let me tell you what will happen.

After 3 years they will find the basement , but it's empty and the answer is hidden in another basement
I still think that the basement is the one piece and that the characters will merge into one universe. lol

Claymore 4-7

Rather cool that they suddenly started another character story and it's still going on after several episodes. It's not really apparent at first, and for the majority of the introduction episode I thought it would be a setup for a down the road villain or companion. It's cleverly done.
We're in the hands of Teresa, another Claymore. And boy is she fucking awesome. Gracious and deadly. Caring and strong. Honestly I wouldn't mind if the show was about Teresa and her story.
tZAcVR4.jpg
qCOUtHT.jpg

there's an elf
mtm7nmU.png
The last couple of episodes has been very heavy on character interactions and development, way complex than I anticipated this show would contain.
It delves deeper in how good intentions can have bad outcomes, how the Claymore's act, and it gives the viewer an understanding for Clare's decisions. It's also been heavy on fights. Too bad it keeps being pretty much stills, quick cuts, and out of camera actions. However when they show stuff like this, I guess I prefer the former.
The general attention to minor sound details is great though. One thing in particular is the sound of metal from the Claymore heels, it gets me every time.

jman2050

You naive Onodera dudes are only going to have yourselves to blame when the inevitable occurs at the end of the story.

If there's an ending anyway, I wouldn't put it past Komi to continue this for 10 years and then make an abrupt open end just to piss everyone off at once.

Danmachi - 12

Rooooooommmmmance !

Ah ah bell is learning fast , i guess the cheat code is still active.

hestia released her power ... in a place where godly beings shouldn't be .. what a great move , lol

Danmachi is only truly starting to open up its wings now story wise. It's a shame that we don't have any more material. It feels as if these 12 episodes so far are just the introduction for something much bigger. Which is probably the case in the LNs lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You naive Onodera dudes are only going to have yourselves to blame when the inevitable occurs at the end of the story.

If there's an ending anyway, I wouldn't put it past Komi to continue this for 10 years and then make an abrupt open end just to piss everyone off at once.
I hope he hooks up with the glasses guy for the ultimate troll.

Danmachi is only truly starting to open up its wings now story wise. It's a shame that we don't have any more material. It feels as if these 12 episodes so far are just the introduction for something much bigger. Which is probably the case in the LNs lol.

Yeah , no kidding , like many show coming from LNs, this is probably the prologue arcs in a much bigger saga.

I hope he hooks up with the glasses guy for the ultimate troll.

I wouldn't put it past the creator to do it. After this many chapters, he's got to run out of ideas one of these days lol... maybe then we will see our ending, in which no one wins. OR in which they all win and go the poligamy route, because he's Yakuza and fuck da police.

Yeah , no kidding , like many show coming from LNs, this is probably the prologue arcs in a much bigger saga.

Can't help but feel that yeah. I mean just this episode, we saw a Goddess "unsupressing" her powers, this late in the game with one episode to go. Like there are so many things left unravelled.

OceanBlue

I hope there's a season 2.

Can't help but feel that yeah. I mean just this episode, we saw a Goddess "unsupressing" her powers, this late in the game with one episode to go. Like there are so many things left unravelled.

At least it's not as bad as INDEX S1 that still introduced new characters and new concepts the episode before the end of the season.

I hope there's a season 2.

Up to Genco, Square-Enix, and Warner to push for more. With past trends from the Genco/Warner connection, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Following up on the Eva Blu-ray stuff from yesterday, more info on the contents:
Not your fault, but it's amusing to me how people steal my TL work and then "forget" to give me credit causing people to go "who are you to say that?"
(I had just returned from seeing Jurassic World and was incredibly sleepy when posting that, but I knew there'd be instant demand for a TL. I forgot about the thread here.)

I still think we are going to hear of a DanMachi game by Bamco or something in the coming months. Everything about it is too perfect for those guys to pass up on the license.

Cornbread78

Well, she is a "childhood friend" so she lost before she started. However, if it goes the way it probably will, he will end up with Chitoge because all of those fake "boyfriend/girlfriend" relationships in anime end up with those two falling in love for real..

I still think we are going to hear of a DanMachi game by Bamco or something in the coming months. Everything about it is too perfect for those guys to pass up on the license.

Seriously, translate it in English and drop it right into my Vita and I'll be a happy man once I found the money to buy it, lol.

It's going to be a long time before we see more though, isn't it?

When does the next LN drop?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Senki Zesshou Symphogear G Episode 2:

This season is if nothing else operating on a higher budget then the first one and also has the advantage of not sharing space with Bodacious Space Pirates.

Time will tell. You'd be surprised at how many series they're on the committee for, thus games happen. They're not on this committee, but there was a prior relationship with Warner/Genco with Accel World, so it's not impossible.

Phatmac

How can a economic merchant show with more trade talk than Star Wars episode 1 have such a strong romance story? Holo is the obvious star of the show considering her name is in the the title. Her dialogue along with Lawerence's are easily the best part of the show as the rest is spent teaching us overly complex economic tactics from characters that aren't memorable. The romance is strong as both characters are on a journey north in order to find Holo's home. This journey contrasts with Craft Lawrence's dream of owning a merchant shop and building a happy family with tons of profit. Their relationship is built on a promise of debt but later turns into a need of companionship. Each character has an evolution as Holo opens up her origins as a fox god and eventually accepts Craft's love as true. Craft's own story is weak as his cowardice for avoiding his true feeling for Holo in order to indulge in profit is done with a badly done romance triangle. They aren't exactly perfect for each other and that's fine. Holo is immortal so the romance with Craft probably isn't anything new for her. The lifespan of Craft is compared to the blink of an eye for her yet their chemistry and desire to not be alone is a powerful bond. It's a shame that the story wasn't finished with a satisfying ending and I'm sure there must be a manga that ends their journey correctly. Unfortunately the rear of the cast is weak besides Eve and the Shepard as most of the show is plagued by explaining every merchant move far too deeply. If only the show was about Holo and Lawrence being cute together without the trading fluff. It's still one of the strongest romance stories told so I was glad to see it. Three apples out of five.
holo-the-apple-loving-wolf-hot-anime-crush-24147818-438-436.jpg

What will happen first. Nisekoi guy chooses a girl, Luffy finds the one piece, Titan guy goes to the basement, winter comes to Geimu of Thrones.

Winter already came at the end of A Dance with Dragons, so I guess we already have an answer to this.

Luffy finding One Piece probably happens last, since that's probably fifteen years off.

Paltheos

Ore Monogatari 11

Continues to be happy. The last two episodes have been pretty run of the mill romcom setups without much development, but the cast keeps the series afloat. I would like something to happen next episode though.

Baalzebup

Spicy Wolf review
holo-the-apple-loving-wolf-hot-anime-crush-24147818-438-436.jpg

Actually, the story is, as usual, finished only in the novels. It hasn't even been completely released in English quite yet. I've been buying the books as fast as they are published. The anime covers only like 1/4th of the available material. Volumes 1,2,4 and 5 to be exact. They even skipped volume 3 altogether. (Actually, holy shit. Both of the remaining two volumes will be released by the end of this year!!!! Whoooo!)

Claymore - 08

QIvzcme.gif

Well fuck you too Claymore

Considering you've already seen an adult Claire, did you really expect
Theresa to survive
the flashback arc. She was quite literally
too awesome to live.

Phatmac

Actually, the story is, as usual, finished only in the novels. It hasn't even been completely released in English quite yet. I've been buying the books as fast as they are published. The anime covers only like 1/4th of the available material. Volumes 1,2,4 and 5 to be exact. They even skipped volume 3 altogether. (Actually, holy shit. Both of the remaining two volumes will be released by the end of this year!!!! Whoooo!)

Considering you've already seen an adult Claire, did you really expect
Theresa to survive
the flashback arc. She was quite literally
too awesome to live.
Cool, thanks for letting me know. Guess I'll finish the story that way.

Droplet

With BroCom, there are so many characters that the only one that I can even think of at the moment is the shota. I just assume that part of the appeal is the broad strokes of the archetypes that the characters don't actually matter - in the same way that fujioshi can have a discussion about which is the seme and the uke in a relationship between a car and the road.

I remembered the red hair guy, but apparently the popular one is super plain looking. I can only assume he's extremely rich
in personality

Also, the car is clearly on top and the road is clearly on bottom. I see no discussion here.

Gintama 132

Gin's face game was on point this episode, it looks way different though. New director?

I think Nobunaga, Hideyoshi and Mitsuhide wearing nothing but briefs and arguing passively aggressively are the best interpretations of the trio i have seen in an anime

Andrew J.

Doing some end-of-season catchup:

Danmachi 01

Now, I've seen a lot of fantasy anime that could be said to take place in a JRPG world. This is the first one where that might be literally true, with explicit levels, numbered stats, and rare drops.

Also, Hestia is Bestia. Cute, funny, twintails, big boobs...what's not to like?

Squishy3

Gintama 132

Gin's face game was on point this episode, it looks way different though. New director?

I think Nobunaga, Hideyoshi and Mitsuhide wearing nothing but briefs and arguing passively aggressively are the best interpretations of the trio i have seen in an anime
This fucking arc, man. It's so good.

Gintama 132

Oh crap this is the arc where JoJo gets referenced.

So goddamn hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom