• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be a long time before we see more though, isn't it?

When does the next LN drop?
I don't follow ( yet ) danmachi in book form. I plan to when the anime ends.
SO soory i don't know this info yet.

How can a economic merchant show with more trade talk than Star Wars episode 1 have such a strong romance story? Holo is the obvious star of the show considering her name is in the the title. Her dialogue along with Lawerence's are easily the best part of the show as the rest is spent teaching us overly complex economic tactics from characters that aren't memorable. The romance is strong as both characters are on a journey north in order to find Holo's home. This journey contrasts with Craft Lawrence's dream of owning a merchant shop and building a happy family with tons of profit. Their relationship is built on a promise of debt but later turns into a need of companionship. Each character has an evolution as Holo opens up her origins as a fox god and eventually accepts Craft's love as true. Craft's own story is weak as his cowardice for avoiding his true feeling for Holo in order to indulge in profit is done with a badly done romance triangle. They aren't exactly perfect for each other and that's fine. Holo is immortal so the romance with Craft probably isn't anything new for her. The lifespan of Craft is compared to the blink of an eye for her yet their chemistry and desire to not be alone is a powerful bond. It's a shame that the story wasn't finished with a satisfying ending and I'm sure there must be a manga that ends their journey correctly. Unfortunately the rear of the cast is weak besides Eve and the Shepard as most of the show is plagued by explaining every merchant move far too deeply. If only the show was about Holo and Lawrence being cute together without the trading fluff. It's still one of the strongest romance stories told so I was glad to see it. Three apples out of five.
holo-the-apple-loving-wolf-hot-anime-crush-24147818-438-436.jpg
Yep , the relationship between the 2 leads , with differents goals but with needs make the show much more enjoyable. And the economic stuff add variety. Years after release , it's still fresh. Loving it.

Claymore - 08

QIvzcme.gif

Well fuck you too Claymore
So you missed all the hints to anime gave you on that outcome ?
But yeah i' agree with you , that end was , 100 % pulled out of nowhere.

Cool, thanks for letting me know. Guess I'll finish the story that way.
I hope that the last part get released in english soon.

No ice witch , no bento

Cornbread78

Just started watching Anime recently while I've been on college break. Moved on to Your Lie in April today while waiting for Yamada and Is It Wrong tPUGiaD release new stuff. I can already tell..

Your Lie in April was really good. If you are just starting the spring shows now, you are really in for a treat with Danmachi, SNAFU Too, Nisekoi, Plastic Memories, Yamada, etc.

SNAFU 12

Something is amiss, and I misread episode 11 pretty hard it seems.
Haruno seems pretty convinced that Yuki's lieing, and Hachiman believes this situation is unnaturally awkward, though he hasn't quite put his finger on what's going on with Yuki.

The idea that Yuki is using Hachiman in a self-serving manner (to run away) is consistent with Haruno's conclusion and Hikki's inkling, but it hasn't quite clicked with me (yet?). Maybe everyone was right and episode 11 didn't follow up well from the restaurant scene at the end of 10. I thought the infirmary scene was something genuine, but the awkwardness in this episode is not so clearly that of two inexperienced, earnest teenagers.

Incidentally, I wonder what Hachiman's feelings for Yui are. He keeps bringing up that sorta date. What is he trying to accomplish? Finding clarity in this situation?

So many unexplained and unexplored things that need to be brought to light next week. If they play the safe route and push us off for years until S3 is ready, I might break the device I watch the show on next week.

That type of interaction is present in the original novel (though that particular scene was not).

Have there been other Kumiko and Reina scenes that didn't happen in the novel? Was the lip finger scene present in the novel?

What about that wierd "confession of love" scene from last episode. I think you said a while ago that the second auditions weren't in the books so I'm wondering if that scene also didn't happend

phaze

Hmm today's episode of FSN isn't the last one is it ? Anilist has it pegged for 13 episodes. Or is it a again a double length episode that counts as two in their numbering ?

Have there been other Kumiko and Reina scenes that didn't happen in the novel? Was the lip finger scene present in the novel?

What about that wierd "confession of love" scene from last episode. I think you said a while ago that the second auditions weren't in the books so I'm wondering if that scene also didn't happend

The short bit in episode 6 (excluding audition announcement) was anime original as was most of the episode. The scene in ep 8 was changed from cheek to lip. There was no warning of a second audition for the solo in the novel, so it was done without any conversations.

Hmm today's episode of FSN isn't the last one is it ? Anilist has it pegged for 13 episodes. Or is it a again a double length episode that counts as two in their numbering ?

All three Aniplex Sat. night shows are 13 episodes this season. UBW goes from ep 13-25 while Plastic Memories and Gunslinger Stratos are 1-13.

The short bit in episode 6 (excluding audition announcement) was anime original as was most of the episode. The scene in ep 8 was changed from cheek to lip. There was no warning of a second audition for the solo in the novel, so it was done without any conversations.

Isn't changing that scene from cheek to lip the very definition of making a show more yuri than it's supposed to be?

Isn't changing that scene from cheek to lip the very definition of making a show "more yuri than it's supposed to be"?

On one side, you have a hand tracing down from the nose to the lip. On the other, you have a hand gently grazing a cheek. Both are going to be seen as "yuri", so I can't see the issue here.

Quasar

Yep , the relationship between the 2 leads , with differents goals but with needs make the show much more enjoyable. And the economic stuff add variety. Years after release , it's still fresh. Loving it.

Yeah. Its still right up there as my favourite anime series, even with them never getting to all the books.

On one side, you have a hand tracing down from the nose to the lip. On the other, you have a hand gently grazing a cheek. Both are going to be seen as "yuri", so I can't see the issue here.

I guess that's a fair point, although doing it via the lips has, in my opninion, a more romantic implication. The end result is the same either way so it doesn't really matter that much I guess.

Just one more question. What other scenes were changed in the anime? Like the main story and arcs of other characters.

cajunator

Banned
This summer is going to be amazing.

I'm curious AnimeGAF: Is summer always filled with ecchi and super cute/moe filled anime?

every season pretty much is. This upcoming season just happens to have a few shows adapted from popular and hyped manga. Sometimes the ecchi stuff is kind of overlooked.

The entire list of people who got votes. The tie at 18/19 makes me laugh:

1. Yuigahama Yui / SNAFU (615)
2. Isshiki Iroha / SNAFU (610)
3. Isla / Plastic Memories (603)
4. Hestia / Dan Machi (548)
5. Holly Shinoa / End of Seraph (502)
6. Kosaka Reina / Sound! Euphonium (491)
7. Yukinoshita Yukino / SNAFU (444)
8. Karen Kujo / Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (410)
9. Onodera Kosaki / Nisekoi (339)
10. Shiraishi Urara / Yamada-kun and Seven Witches (326)
11. Tohsaka Rin / Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works (322)
12. Kumiko Oumae / Sound! Euphonium (249)
13. Onodera Haru / Nisekoi (246)
14. Hikigaya Komachi / SNAFU (209)
15. Komichi Aya / Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (194)
16 Kazuki Kazami / Fruit of Grisaia (181)
17. Nakiri Erina / Shokugeki no Soma (167)
18. Kirisaki Chitoge/Nisekoi (155)
19. Totsuka Saika /SNAFU (155)
20. Cyan Hijirikawa/ Show By Rock!! (150)
21. Nakagawa Natsuki / Sound! Euphonium (147)
22. Nagato Yuki / Disappearance of Yuki Nagato-chan (145)
23. Liliruca Arde / Dan Machi (141)
24. Tadokoro Megumi / Shokugeki no Soma (139)
25. Alice Cartalet/Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (129)
26. Saber / Fate/stay night UBW (127)
27. Aiz Wallenstein / Dan Machi (123)
28. Rinko Yamato/ Ore Monogatari!! (119)
29. Tachibana Marika / Nisekoi (119)
30. Tanaka Asuka / Sound! Euphonium (95)
31. Ilya / Fate/stay night [UBW] (91)
32. Uri-tan / Etotama (86)
33. Akari Kuzehashi/ Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (84)
34. Krul Tepes / Seraph of the End (81)
35. White / Blood Blockade Battlefront (80)
36. Shizuka Hoshijiro / Knights of Sidonia (77)
37. Sakaki Yumiko / Fruit of Grisaia (71)
38. Suo Amane/ Fruit of Grisaia (68)
39. Tsugumi Seishirou / Nisekoi (60)
40. Nakaseko Kaori / Sound! Euphonium (59)
41. Kinushima Michiru / Plastic Memories (56)
42. Retori / Show by Rock!! (55)
43. Irisu Makina/ Fruit of Grisaia (54)
44. Katose Izana / Sidonia Knight (53)
45. Matsushima Michiru / Fruit of Grisaia (48)
46. Amami Hibiki / Re-Kan! (47)
47. Ryu / Dan Machi (45)
48. Komine Sachi / Fruit of Grisaia (43)
48. Kato Hazuki / Sound! Euphonium (43)
49. Subaru / Wish Upon the Pleiades (43)

This list isnt too terrible. Onodera in top ten as she deserves. Erina is too high. Cyan is too low. Megumi should be in top 10.

Best girl is at #2. Better girl is #1. All is right with the world. Now make that shit official Watari!

lmao @ Hestia tho

Fuck Shitoge. Its an insult to the lovely Totsuka to be tied with that gorilla.

Best thing about being in uncharted territory is that both anime only and LN readers are in the same boat now. No more annoying LN readers hinting or spoiling shit anymore.

I'm gonna sink with my ship if it happens. But I still have faith!

Did you start yet? If not, start next week so you can binge both seasons.

Iroha is amazing, especially her scenes in this episode.

I havent started. Last week I was off I went to Dallas. This week is work. After Tuesday I dont have any plans so I can watch Snafu all I want!

9. Onodera Kosaki / Nisekoi (339)
10. Shiraishi Urara / Yamada-kun and Seven Witches (326)
11. Tohsaka Rin / Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works (322)
12. Kumiko Oumae / Sound! Euphonium (249)
13. Onodera Haru / Nisekoi (246)
14. Hikigaya Komachi / SNAFU (209)
15. Komichi Aya / Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (194)
16 Kazuki Kazami / Fruit of Grisaia (181)
17. Nakiri Erina / Shokugeki no Soma (167)
18. Kirisaki Chitoge/Nisekoi (155)
19. Totsuka Saika /SNAFU (155)
20. Cyan Hijirikawa/ Show By Rock!! (150)
21. Nakagawa Natsuki / Sound! Euphonium (147)
22. Nagato Yuki / Disappearance of Yuki Nagato-chan (145)
23. Liliruca Arde / Dan Machi (141)
24. Tadokoro Megumi / Shokugeki no Soma (139)

There is a god after all. Superior Nippon taste confirmed.

I guess that's a fair point, although doing it via the lips has, in my opninion, a more romantic implication. The end result is the same either way so it doesn't really matter that much I guess.

Just one more question. What other scenes were changed in the anime? Like the main story and arcs of other characters.

Obviously the songs have changed, but pretty much everything else is the same with adding certain parts (like episode 6/11/12).

Doing some end-of-season catchup:

Danmachi 01

Now, I've seen a lot of fantasy anime that could be said to take place in a JRPG world. This is the first one where that might be literally true, with explicit levels, numbered stats, and rare drops.

Also, Hestia is Bestia. Cute, funny, twintails, big boobs...what's not to like?
Welcome to the bestia Brotherhood.

NO game no life Specials
No%20Game%20No%20Life%20Special%20-%2006.jpg

Don't let your jibril die , because you left her alone and unattended. Remember guys to take care of your jibril daily.
This is actually lewder than Dxd specials lol.

BUt those jojo references ..i want more..the jab at the "key" franchises ( clannad / kanon) was masterfull.

phaze

All three Aniplex Sat. night shows are 13 episodes this season. UBW goes from ep 13-25 while Plastic Memories and Gunslinger Stratos are 1-13.

Cheers ! That clears that up.

Giant Robo 6

The leader of super evil organisation calling itself Big Fire turns out to be a 15 year old kid. Now this name makes sense.

I have high hope,s that in the final episode, someone will manage to finally strangle Daisaku. Pretty please ?

Also I now discovered GR - Giant Robo written by Konaka, seemingly yet another iteration of this franchise. For a moment I thought he wrote this and was perplexed as I can't say it resembles any of the stuff from him I've seen. This naming is hella confusing to a newcomer. It must be quite a popular series yet embarrassingly enough, I've never heard of it before learning about this OVA. Daimos reboot when.

-----------------------------------

Oh and by the way, I don't think anyone mentioned it in here but Crunchyroll now has dub of Fate/Zero and Madoka Magicka + a few seasons of dubbed fake pokemons aka of Digimon available on their site.

javac

Not your fault, but it's amusing to me how people steal my TL work and then "forget" to give me credit causing people to go "who are you to say that?"
(I had just returned from seeing Jurassic World and was incredibly sleepy when posting that, but I knew there'd be instant demand for a TL. I forgot about the thread here.)

Sorry, I got it from the Blu-ray forum, I was going to do a literal translation myself from the Official Evangelion site but it was 2am and I saw that so I thought that it'd would do for now, but yeah still forgot to add a source which sucks, sorry if that was you, I'm usually on the ball with these types of things.

Sterok

Re-Kan 12

I just realized that Re-Kan means sixth sense. Now I feel stupid. Hibiki loses her direct connections with the ghosts, and it's up to Narumi and all the people Hibiki helped to make her realize that those connections still exist, even when you can't see the others. And of course she gets it all back in the end because friendship or whatnot. Hibiki/Narumi continues to be as unsubtle as a train to the face, and Hibiki continues helping out ghosts in need. All in all, a sweet ending to a... wait, there's more? But felt like a finale. It had the big drama, the main character growing up, the group ending shot, and the she will continue doing what she does thing. Alright, but this probably should've been the end.

Seraph of the End Episode 12 (S1 END)
CH80P4PUcAASdG5.jpg

Crying Mika was so sad.

Best part of the ending was the scene with both YuMika being mirrored on the window. Fantastic ending with that and seeing everyone grow and come together as his new family. Ill miss them all for the summer, but Fall will be coming fast.
CH8nqegUsAAYvMj.jpg

10/10.

Holy shit.

Gunslinger Stratos, that spring show looks like only have $5 budget, have different version of last episode, one for TV, other one for niconico lol.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! Episode 12

What was Hayama even there for, I kind of thought theyd actually make him try Hikki's chocolates, but at least we did get another one on one scene with him revealing his true self to Hikki (and that smile, Hayama never smiles brightly for anyone else). Hikki knew him well enough even beforehand to suggest how to get Hayama to eat ones chocolates.

Didnt understand Yukinon moment at the end, felt weak compared to the whole episode.

Sorry, I got it from the Blu-ray forum, I was going to do a literal translation myself from the Official Evangelion site but it was 2am and I saw that so I thought that it'd would do for now, but yeah still forgot to add a source which sucks, sorry if that was you, I'm usually on the ball with these types of things.

Nah, it's just a good example of how certain things lose their origin. My take on it is more "I'd rather the information go out and be accurate than me promote myself being wrong." There's plenty of stuff I work on behind the scenes that gets circulated w/o anyone the wiser and I'm find with that. I thought it worked as a good example to say "don't forget to attribute wherever you find something as not everyone's as kind as me."

Gunslinger Stratos Episode 12 – Encounter / Our Future

Didnt even feel like we needed this episode, since even the beginning they questioned why they are still fighting. Enjoyable anime overall, felt like it would definitely have been a great videogame rpg story, especially the whole final battle and lead up to it and the music. Good.

7/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom