• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Danmachi 12
This episode started out bad, then it got worse.
or did it? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

At the end there was some PvP'ing going on, too bad it got interupted. I really wanted to see how Bell would finish of that invisible guy. Lol at Welf losing his sword, what a chump.

Calling it now, Bell is going to take Welf's sword to destroy that giant skull thingy.
?

Yeah, that item from Hephestus will definitely come into play, she knee what was going to happen. I have a feeling this will be all Hestia's fault..

Nisekoi: 11
A really solid Onodera episode. Aside from a couple romcom antics, it was really nice in the second half

Shokugeki no Soma 12
This episode was really cute and soothing. Those mini Megumis were adorable.

UK6yMav.png
rdRffEy.png

U59ngJ5.png
Z2rmaRt.png

Ah bathing scenes.

I do so love them very much.

Especially if they have cute blondes and elves.

Grandpa Z giving out great advice once again.

Bell really should start listening to him.

Even Grandpa's son is telling him the same thing.

cajunator

Banned
Galaxy Angel

Ah! What a crazy off the walls slice of life this anime is. An anime about several girls who are apart of the Angel Brigade on the search for "Lost Technology", the anime seems like it'll be a little serious in plot or something, but nope, not at all!!

Following the girls, we have the observational and smart Mint (Totally adorable!), the quiet and reserved Vanilla, the naïve and all out fun Milfeulle and the two bad asses; gun toting Forte and money gone crazy Ranpha.

The anime is 100% episodic with no true story occurring at all, though at times it seems like the lost technology arc is shoehorned in to make you think something is happening.

The girls themselves are super fun to follow around. Forte and Ranpha have great chemistry together, typically working together, but always competitive with one another, they bring out many abundant laughs. Milfeulle is the star of the show though; her naivety and innocent type of personality brings up many great scenes and is always used in great ways. She's super lucky and the things that happen with her and her "luck" are just brilliant. 100% comedy infused anime.

The art style used is very dated though, seeing as how the show aired in 01, it lends itself to much of the 90's look and feel. Not that there is anything wrong with this, Galaxy Angel still ends up looking very nice and most of the time, it's the girls who get the most screen time anyway, so they look great from the get-go.

For the story, there is none, at least not in Galaxy Angel itself. It's supposed to be about finding lost technology, but instead becomes a show about doing missions in this sci-fi realized world, which isn't exactly realized well because nothing is explained to us. The vague story line and the vague world up-bringing end up working entirely well though, because the show isn't serious at all, those things just aren't important. Galaxy Angel is all about mindless fun and being in wild situations.

The OP and ED used for Galaxy Angel is real good too, they essentially tell you about the show through the music that is used. Peppy, cheerful and extra cute. Doki Doki ~

If you're looking for a slice of life show with a cute cast and an environment that isn't a school, you may find Galaxy Angel to be what you're trying to find.

Three more seasons to go!

Yayyyy Im glad that you like it! I went kind of G.A. nuts in the past and bought everything except Rune. I also have Galaxy Angel S but its separate on a different shelf.

Midonin

Nisekoi: 11

Seeing more of Kosaki's inner monologue and how she met Raku does make me appreciate her more. But she doesn't need to worry, a little weight (blame the busted scale) isn't totally a bad thing.

DanMachi 12

This underground world is a nice change of pace from the usual aboveground antics. Hestia doesn't need to worry about the perfume. Some sweat is going to be worked up adventuring, and a little sweat (even if it saved her) isn't totally a bad thing.

Disappearance of Yuki Nagato 12

This has turned into one of the most introspective series on air. That doesn't necessarily mean "deep" or anything like that, but Yuki's mind and her identity crisis is becoming a central plot element. I like it. It's divorced from emotions, yet deeply emotional. And it'll be going on for a while longer. That's not totally a bad thing.

Future Dairy Redial

The OVA is an epilogue episode for the show and I'm not going to lie, it didn't really do much for me. It feels like it was only done so
Yuki and Yuno could be together. And all I could think of watching the ending is the issues the 3rd world would have if Yuno suddenly vanished.

I'm kinda reminded of the Stiens;Gate OVA in that it mostly serves
to make the male and female protag's a couple
but that OVA at least had more going on and
introduced us to Amane's mother.
Not to say both of these OVA's were bad but I enjoyed Stiens;Gate's OVA more than I did Redial.

Either way, it doesn't change my opinion of Future Diary, Good but could have been better.

Arcadius

Banned
but just take my advice and avoid Rune. It went full stupid.
Everything else is good.

I've read the same on MAL. I was going to avoid it completely from the beginning, since it seems to change everything that made Galaxy Angel good. Thanks for the advice though! =) *hug*

DanMachi 12

Some sweat is going to be worked up adventuring, and a little sweat (even if it saved her) isn't totally a bad thing.

Aiz was totally checking herself out when they were talking about sweating.

I have a feeling this will be all Hestia's fault..

Because she used her god powers right? I think that's the case although a god should know that something like that would happen. I wonder if Freya is involved somehow.

Wow this episode.

This is probably the most strung the romantic tension has ever been in this show. You can literally feel the mood between the main trio and how awkward it has become. Haruno was pretty cruel in this episode but she was also true. Yukino, Yui, and Hikigiya are all lying to themselves if they think the can ignore what is clearly happening between the three of them. There isn't anything genuine if they can't accept the truth of their feelings. I'm not so sure however if what is "sinister" truly is love though as others have pointed it could be respect or even competition.

Apparently this episode completed the current light novel material? Hopefully the final episode either wraps things up nicely or confirms a season 3 or movie. I would hate for a cliffhanger in this show that leads nowhere. Either way...we are in for something else for the finale.

Sterok

Nagato Yuki 12

Someone's having an identity crisis. Who am I? Who is she? If she comes back, am I doomed? Then what's the best course of action?

kewlmyc

Wow this episode.

This is probably the most strung the romantic tension has ever been in this show. You can literally feel the mood between the main trio and how awkward it has become. Haruno was pretty cruel in this episode but she was also true. Yukino, Yui, and Hikigiya are all lying to themselves if they think the can ignore what is clearly happening between the three of them. There isn't anything genuine if they can't accept the truth of their feelings. I'm not so sure however if what is "sinister" truly is love though as others have pointed it could be respect or even competition.

Apparently this episode completed the current light novel material? Hopefully the final episode either wraps things up nicely or confirms a season 3 or movie. I would hate for a cliffhanger in this show that leads nowhere. Either way...we are in for something else for the finale.

This didn't complete it, we're actually past it now. We're in vol 11 territory now, which doesn't release until next week.

Cornbread78

Aiz was totally checking herself out when they were talking about sweating.

Because she used her god powers right? I think that's the case although a god should know that something like that would happen. I wonder if Freya is involved somehow.

Yeah, remember last week they said God's and Goddesses are forbidden from going into the dungeon, so she was supposed to lay low...

Aiz was totally checking herself, lol

Ur outta control

Fanservice joke, lol. It's a good warm up for the summer of ecchi ahead.. lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wow this episode.

There's no way they don't do a Season 3. I mean, check the results of this very scientific Japanese waifu poll:

lmjk5NQ.png

(smh at No. 9)

Mandelbo

I think I need to watch more things from the 80s - Dirty Pair looks so distinctive because it's entirely hand drawn, and I don't think I've seen many recent anime use colour the way it does. It's very interesting to look at.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 48 END

Man, that was awesome. I was a bit disappointed that
Dio didn't get "Ora Ora'd" to death
but that's a nitpick compared to how great this final battle has been.

It's certainly been a bizarre, bizarre adventure, and I've said this before and I'll say it again, but Stardust Crusaders is seriously one of the most fun shows I've ever had the pleasure of marathoning.

Now when Part 4 gets adapted I can join along for the ride with the rest of you guys! But I've got one question.

Do Stands get tossed out of the window in Part 4 like Hamon does in Part 3? Or do they stick around?

It's certainly been a bizarre, bizarre adventure, and I've said this before and I'll say it again, but Stardust Crusaders is seriously one of the most fun shows I've ever had the pleasure of marathoning.

Now when Part 4 gets adapted I can join along for the ride with the rest of you guys! But I've got one question.

Do Stands get tossed out of the window in Part 4 like Hamon does in Part 3? Or do they stick around?

Stands are around for good. They just get more and more creative with each part

javac

So I haven’t watched anything in what feels like a long time, and while in reality it’s probably only been a week or so, with E3 flying by everything feels like a huge blur and with that in mind I decided that it was the perfect opportunity to watch a new show and to get back into the swing of things, and with that Gallery Fake is the show that I decided to tackle.

Gallery Fake is a 37 episode 2005 anime series with episodes 1 to 12 being directed by Akira Nishimori and episodes 13 to 37 being directed by Osamu Yamasaki (Director of Hakuouki 3 and Terra e) and is an adaptation of the 32 chapter, 1992 manga of the same name and winner of the Shogakukan Manga Award in 1996. Produced by Aniplex, Gallery Fake is a mystery drama series that falls under the seinen category. The setup is pretty simple, the main character Fujita owns an art gallery called Gallery Fake which consist of many fake items as well as some real ones. Being a former curator at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, he’s well versed in the world of art possessing great skills in regards to the restoration of paintings. With a love for art, he appreciates both the art and the artists themselves, and whether he takes paintings from people who treat art as commodities to restoring destroyed paintings, he helps those around him. This show thus far reminds me very much of shows like City Hunter, but where that has 80’s pop music this has jazz and where that has guns and mokkori busts, this has artwork, statues and paintings.

So far I really really like it. The music is effective; with a fantastic opening track and an ending track that I can’t help but shuffle to. Character designs are great too with Sara being really cute and lovable while Fujita reminds me a lot of Goto. The first 5 episode are very much introductory, getting you accustomed to the cast and crew of the series as they all fall into place. I really appreciate how in depth it goes with the artwork and the artists who made them. All in all I really look forward to watching more with the past 2 hours being super enjoyable. I can easily see thing being a favorite of mine when it’s all said and done. Watch this space.

There's no way they don't do a Season 3. I mean, check the results of this very scientific Japanese waifu poll:

lmjk5NQ.png

(smh at No. 9)

Wow they managed to capture everything people like about Hestia in one picture, amazing

This summer is going to be amazing.

I'm curious AnimeGAF: Is summer always filled with ecchi and super cute/moe filled anime?

No. There's not really any correlation to genre and season.

phaze

As I understand it Stands remain till wherever manga is currently at and are probably there to stay.

Edit: Beaten like Iggy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The entire list of people who got votes. The tie at 18/19 makes me laugh:

1. Yuigahama Yui / SNAFU (615)
2. Isshiki Iroha / SNAFU (610)
3. Isla / Plastic Memories (603)
4. Hestia / Dan Machi (548)
5. Holly Shinoa / End of Seraph (502)
6. Kosaka Reina / Sound! Euphonium (491)
7. Yukinoshita Yukino / SNAFU (444)
8. Karen Kujo / Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (410)
9. Onodera Kosaki / Nisekoi (339)
10. Shiraishi Urara / Yamada-kun and Seven Witches (326)
11. Tohsaka Rin / Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works (322)
12. Kumiko Oumae / Sound! Euphonium (249)
13. Onodera Haru / Nisekoi (246)
14. Hikigaya Komachi / SNAFU (209)
15. Komichi Aya / Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (194)
16 Kazuki Kazami / Fruit of Grisaia (181)
17. Nakiri Erina / Shokugeki no Soma (167)
18. Kirisaki Chitoge/Nisekoi (155)
19. Totsuka Saika /SNAFU (155)
20. Cyan Hijirikawa/ Show By Rock!! (150)
21. Nakagawa Natsuki / Sound! Euphonium (147)
22. Nagato Yuki / Disappearance of Yuki Nagato-chan (145)
23. Liliruca Arde / Dan Machi (141)
24. Tadokoro Megumi / Shokugeki no Soma (139)
25. Alice Cartalet/Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (129)
26. Saber / Fate/stay night UBW (127)
27. Aiz Wallenstein / Dan Machi (123)
28. Rinko Yamato/ Ore Monogatari!! (119)
29. Tachibana Marika / Nisekoi (119)
30. Tanaka Asuka / Sound! Euphonium (95)
31. Ilya / Fate/stay night [UBW] (91)
32. Uri-tan / Etotama (86)
33. Akari Kuzehashi/ Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (84)
34. Krul Tepes / Seraph of the End (81)
35. White / Blood Blockade Battlefront (80)
36. Shizuka Hoshijiro / Knights of Sidonia (77)
37. Sakaki Yumiko / Fruit of Grisaia (71)
38. Suo Amane/ Fruit of Grisaia (68)
39. Tsugumi Seishirou / Nisekoi (60)
40. Nakaseko Kaori / Sound! Euphonium (59)
41. Kinushima Michiru / Plastic Memories (56)
42. Retori / Show by Rock!! (55)
43. Irisu Makina/ Fruit of Grisaia (54)
44. Katose Izana / Sidonia Knight (53)
45. Matsushima Michiru / Fruit of Grisaia (48)
46. Amami Hibiki / Re-Kan! (47)
47. Ryu / Dan Machi (45)
48. Komine Sachi / Fruit of Grisaia (43)
48. Kato Hazuki / Sound! Euphonium (43)
49. Subaru / Wish Upon the Pleiades (43)

Andrew J.

Of course, expect stands to work even more...bizarre from now on.

Yep. And you know how once Araki ran out of Tarot cards and Egyptian gods, he named a Stand after a band? Well, Stand names from now on are all music references - even more outlandish than the music references that have been used for people's names.

Hastati

It is where you are supposed to start.

Yes Season 1 aka Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2012 (Not Season 1 of Stardust Crusaders).

Clarifications much appreciated! Looking forward to finally jumping on the JoJo train, haven't been sure where to start for awhile.

Edit:

Honestly really surprised that Iroha is #2. I mean, I like her character, and she can be pretty cute, but wow!
Also Hestia love <3. Really becoming one of my favorite characters, especially after Episode 12. Also Ryuu as well, she's a badass.

lmjk5NQ.png

(smh at No. 9)

Best girl is at #2. Better girl is #1. All is right with the world. Now make that shit official Watari!

lmao @ Hestia tho

Fuck Shitoge. Its an insult to the lovely Totsuka to be tied with that gorilla.

Best thing about being in uncharted territory is that both anime only and LN readers are in the same boat now. No more annoying LN readers hinting or spoiling shit anymore.

SNAFU 12

It's weird not knowing what is going to happen since we've passed the already released novels already. I hate Haruno yet love her at the same time for forcing the 3 protaganists to be honest with themselves and delaying the inevitable romantic conflict between the 3 of them (and Iroha and Saki as well, but no one is seriously counting those 2 :p). Can't wait to next week and I hope it doesn't end on a cliffhanger that would suck.

My heart goes out to Yui fans, that ship is heading straight towards an iceburg.

I'm thinking we're going to get OVAs instead if the LN is as close to ending as the author has led it on to be. That or a 3rd season where they animate the side material novels as well, which would be awesome.

I'm gonna sink with my ship if it happens. But I still have faith!

Iroha looks pretty incredible. I love her little denials.

AHAHAHAHA thanks. That was the one.
Im going to enjoy this show.

Did you start yet? If not, start next week so you can binge both seasons.

Iroha is amazing, especially her scenes in this episode.

javac

New artwork from MVM:
They're not releasing the movies or the TV Series for Patlabor in the UK, so all they're releasing in the UK is the Early Days OVA and The New Files OVA with The New Files being DVD only, thank God I imported the Blu-rays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom