• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Can somebody repost that yandere Yui picture from a few pages ago? I cant seem to find it. I think it was a 4chan screencap.

Yeah. My #1 gripe with it, how do you know what you ordered already? It used to say "you ordered this item on (date)" so that you dont double order things. Some people order a lot!

They're moving the whole database over. It's gonna take a little while, but all your orders will be there in a week or so, so no worries. I ordered FMP, Fumoffu, and Space Dandy part 2, and the new order shows up instantly. All new orders show up instantly.

They also do authorization charges (the kind that goes away after a couple of days) on a CC when you order now, so be wary of that.

Only outdone by Aku no Hana.

The classroom scene at the end of episode 7 has to be the best usage of an ED song in any anime ever. Such powerful, otherworldly atmosphere.

Both Jojo and Flowers of Evil benefit from having enhanced musical flexibility as compared to the typical anime ED - Jojo by drawing from an 8-plus minute prog rock song with many different sections they can extract excerpts from and Flowers of Evil by using several different variations of the same song with different instrumentation. This allows both shows to adjust the music to match the proper emotional mood that needs to be set at the end of different episodes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I remembered the red hair guy, but apparently the popular one is super plain looking. I can only assume he's extremely rich
in personality

Also, the car is clearly on top and the road is clearly on bottom. I see no discussion here.
I wish I knew where that article was, but there's room for debate.
Because with the road, the car can't drive, so it is entirely dependent and therefore submissive to the road.

Winter already came at the end of A Dance with Dragons, so I guess we already have an answer to this.

Luffy finding One Piece probably happens last, since that's probably fifteen years off.
I thought Winter is coming, but hasn't come. :p

Droplet

I wish I knew where that article was, but there's room for debate.
Because with the road, the car can't drive, so it is entirely dependent and therefore submissive to the road.

...well then.

9519052-large.jpg

This discussion also reminds me of the fujoshi girl's scenes in Turning Girls.

Cornbread78

Doing some end-of-season catchup:

Danmachi 01

Now, I've seen a lot of fantasy anime that could be said to take place in a JRPG world. This is the first one where that might be literally true, with explicit levels, numbered stats, and rare drops.

Also, Hestia is Bestia. Cute, funny, twintails, big boobs...what's not to like?

Lol, yup. Welcome to the fun that us just getting started for you. Hestia is my Goddess of choice as well for this one..

Wait, does anyone have a Hestia avi yet? Maybe I can put that pic of her from the waifu poll to good use, lol.

cajunator

Banned
Shougeki no Soma-12

This is the Gundam Build Fighters of this year. Outstanding direction.

thats high praise.
Soma does live up to it!

DanMachi 12

Bell is all about that RRRRRRRRRRRROMANCE! LOL, I died at that part, and him screaming GRRRRRRRANDPAAAAAAAA back ahahahaha.

That part was so epic. Reminded me of Watomoto's Lelouchhhhhhhhhh

I think I need to watch more things from the 80s - Dirty Pair looks so distinctive because it's entirely hand drawn, and I don't think I've seen many recent anime use colour the way it does. It's very interesting to look at.

Dirty pair is awesome. You will LOVE it.

Still going for Summer Anime 2015 |OT| Prison Thread for Masochistic Pigs

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| Slowly Being Taken Over by Mobage
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| Now Waiting for Diamond is Unbreakable
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| Prison Thread for Masochistic Pigs

Those are my submissions

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Re-Kan! Episode 12:

That was a nice final episode, wait, there is still one left? I question the wisdom of this since this one would have made for a fine send-off. Anyway, I am supposing the two main girls made as close to a love deceleration and hook up as we are ever going to see.

Paltheos

SNAFU 12

Something is amiss, and I misread episode 11 pretty hard it seems.
Haruno seems pretty convinced that Yuki's lieing, and Hachiman believes this situation is unnaturally awkward, though he hasn't quite put his finger on what's going on with Yuki.

The idea that Yuki is using Hachiman in a self-serving manner (to run away) is consistent with Haruno's conclusion and Hikki's inkling, but it hasn't quite clicked with me (yet?). Maybe everyone was right and episode 11 didn't follow up well from the restaurant scene at the end of 10. I thought the infirmary scene was something genuine, but the awkwardness in this episode is not so clearly that of two inexperienced, earnest teenagers.

Incidentally, I wonder what Hachiman's feelings for Yui are. He keeps bringing up that sorta date. What is he trying to accomplish? Finding clarity in this situation?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders episode 1 - 9

I'm watching this after having recently finished the 3 jojo re-edits, which I didn't really enjoy that much, perhaps because I was watching a virtually abridged version. However for this Stardust crusaders series I have been quite enjoying it. The use of stands allows the show to be more free in its design, context and implementation of battles. They also have quite imaginative abilities so its always fun discovering and exploring new stands. The array of characters in the main crew is probably the strongest its ever been in JoJo's however its unfair of me to make that judgement without having seen the entire unabridged series.

phaze

grrrr of course the moment I drop Soma it's starts getting praise ...

Voting for that 50 shades of grey OT title.

Giant Robo 5
Ehhh this new twist with making
Vogler the good guy doesn't sit very well with me, mainly because they went way too far in making him look insane earlier. Now they are just unable to gracefully retcon it. It looks like he goes from being sane and concerned about the experiment to complete loco in the span of 5 seconds.

Additionally, the reason for keeping silent on the truth behind the incident, both by Professor GO and Ginrei and then her brother and father seems also completely idiotic and contrived.

And judging by this episode,
Vogler's wish might not have been to destroy everything in the pursuit of revenge but to stop Shizuma drives as they probably have some inherent, world ending flaw built into them. But of couse he couldn't have spelled it out for his son cause reasons.

Mandelbo

Dirty pair is awesome. You will LOVE it.

Yeah, it's great - I'm on episode 6 now. I'm not sure if it's because I saw that one sequence in Shirobako, but for some reason what stands out to me most are the explosions. They're usually only made up of three or four colours, but the contrast between them and the animation makes them so much more impactful than CG ones.

Just started watching Anime recently while I've been on college break. Moved on to Your Lie in April today while waiting for Yamada and Is It Wrong tPUGiaD release new stuff. I can already tell..

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 24:

I am once again reminded that that the Sailor Moon Manga/Crystal has hands down one of the weirdest and creepiest love triangles ever seen in manga and/or anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom