• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Nah, it's just a good example of how certain things lose their origin. My take on it is more "I'd rather the information go out and be accurate than me promote myself being wrong." There's plenty of stuff I work on behind the scenes that gets circulated w/o anyone the wiser and I'm find with that. I thought it worked as a good example to say "don't forget to attribute wherever you find something as not everyone's as kind as me."

Agreed. I usually add sources and such, just slipped up. No excuse. I've actually seen people on other forums copy posts that I've made word for word, kind of funny but like you said, if somebody liked what I posted that much, that's fine I guess haha. It's worse when you see outlets and news-sources do it, and with GAF being a massive originator of lots of news, you see that a lot with gaming sites, forums and news sites taking things like sales data from here etc. It happens.

It's not "uncensored/extended", it's total different ending, TV good ending, niconico bad ending.

Oh find out Daisuki have the niconico ending.

good/bad ending ? really ... i guess it's fitting considering the theme but it feels like a wasted effort to me.

I thought as much. It looked pretty generic. Were there any redeeming factors?

Good backgrounds.

One character is a very good troll
Lots of DTL material.?

Good backgrounds.

One character is a very good troll
Lots of DTL material.?

Cool. Is there an album somewhere with all the backgrounds? Seems like I could get the whole experience from just looking at those pictures.

What is DTL material? I kinda have a feeling of what that's supposed to mean but i'm not sure.

Gunslinger Stratos Episode #12 Return / The Direction of the Wind

I liked the Regular world Tohru end better. Though I liked this Bastion focused end too
mainly because Tohru got all powerful being able to use the powers of the energy cube of his own. I dont see how this was a "bad" end, since well Tohru and Kyoka survived anyway like they did in the other end. Both sought world peace

Mature

lol how have I just seen this now? Regular Show Evangelion Parody
The whole episode is sort of just anime mecha parody.
tumblr_nmkv9gV3HM1ro1no1o1_1280.gif
tumblr_nmkv9gV3HM1ro1no1o2_1280.gif
tumblr_nmkv9gV3HM1ro1no1o3_1280.gif

cajunator

Banned
I'll be honest, I don't think that I've ever seen a shoujo or harem or whatever. I guess the only harem I watched was the OG Tenchi when I was younger but that was over a decade and a half ago! Those girls were crazy and I liked it.

You should watch one! Sometimes they arent too aggravating.
Ai Yori Aoshi is a decent one that I really like.

Haha I refuse to consider it one tho because it's totally different, trust me! :p City Hunter da best.

Following up on the Eva Blu-ray stuff from yesterday, more info on the contents:

I bet this will come out in the US before 3.33 too!

phaze

Fate Stay/Night: Unlimited Blade Works 24

Colour me fairly impressed with this episode. Music was again on point, the visuals were befitting of the finale, and maybe most importantly, Shirou was bearable. Both in his philosophic rant and during the fight.
Finally someone who doesn't wait for a super, hyper powerful weapon to be unleashed against him but moves in to prevent that. And that decapitation, delicious.)
I was waiting 49 episodes for Gilga to get his comeuppance and what I got frankly exceeded my expectations. Thank you
Shirou&Shirou.
I don't quite get the mechanics of the fight and why is it exactly that Shirou could challenge Archer specifically out of all servants but I dare say it still made more sense than the Dio fight.

It's a shame Saber had to depart so quickly and in general her lack of presence was a bit dissapointing but I imagine the Fate route is supposed to the Saber centric route. Wanted a bit more after ending of F/Z but she still kinda made peace with herself so I'm okay with that.

Also, I think it is only now that I fully comprehend the irony behind that "People die when they are killed" pic.
How was it that archer was there again ? It's rather hilarious to have another character straight up defy death in the span of 24 hours. Still Archer-Rin conversation was pretty fun and touching and a nice closure to both characters.

All in all, really liked this episode. It's a pretty straight forward fairy tale happy ending but it works nicely. And I wasn't exactly expecting repeat of F/Z's downer end anyway.

Pooya

UBW ended? man, at some point I just forgot to watch and I'm now just failing to muster enthusiasm to watch, didn't think it would end like this for me :\ /iwassoexcited

Fate/Stay Night UBW 24

That was a pretty good ending to this series (although there's still the epilogue next week). Lots of action, lots of sakuga and the dialogues were mostly integrated into the fighting.

The Rin side of things would have had more impact if Shinji wasn't such a dick, especially the scene inside the grail-blob.
Sabers parting words gravitated a bit too much towards the romantic spectrum but I guess you gotta acknoledge those Saber fans.
A scene I especially liked was Gilgamesh hesitating to grab his Ea due to his pride. This captured his character really well
and simultaneously brought about his downfall

Overall a good landing after the last few episodes mostly suffered from bad pacing. If they would have cut down the series by 2 or 3 episodes it could have been a much tighter package.
I guess next week will be mostly original content? I don't remember the VN having much of an epilogue besides the sunset classroom scene.

phaze

UBW ended? man, at some point I just forgot to watch and I'm now just failing to muster enthusiasm to watch, didn't think it would end like this for me :\ /iwassoexcited

Still one episode to go as I understand it but it will probs be an epilogue just like in F/Z. The big conflict was resolved.

javac

The whole episode is sort of just anime mecha parody.

I don't keep up the show just because it's so damn behind in the UK, but when I do catch it on TV its pretty funny but usually an episode that I've seen a thousand times already lol. Also, I'm ashamed to say that I have no idea what that's a reference of, looking at a comment above I assume its G Gundam? And I call myself a lover of mecha *shakes head* :(

Seraph of the End - 12

That's a rather calm note to end things on. Not sure how I feel about Smugfu's doki doki, I just hope it doesn't impact her general attitude.
MC seems to have calmed down a bit from his muh revenge which I like. Last scene was kinda interesting.

Overall for the show so far; Meh. Backgrounds and Shinoa made it watchable.

Background dumps:
Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 7, Episode 9, Episode 10, Episode 12

Phatmac

Wow....what an amazing episode. This is the perfect rendition of the VN done with extra care. The amount of musical callbacks to the VN amplified the battle between Gil and Shirou. Some may look at this battle as plot armor but the show and Shirou told it perfectly. Gil isn't a strong warrior like Saber or the rest of the servants. He just has a strong armory. He's a great king but not a warrior unlike Shirou. UBW is the perfect counter balance to Gil's Gate of Babylon and that was shown of with Shirou reflecting all his attacks. It was an amazing battle capped off with the return of Archer. My favorite moment is the end as Rin says farewell to Archer. It's clear that Archer has found peace with himself and has reverted to his old self with his hair being the same as Shirou. I wish the music was as great in this episode as the rest of the series. It honestly made the whole thing better. I can't wait for the epilogue. It'll either be the epilogue in the VN or some original content like the Clocktower. I have big hopes to see what happens to cap of this show. Loved it all so damn much. 10/10
b31b.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fate Stay/Night: Unlimited Blade Works 24

Colour me fairly impressed with this episode. Music was again on point, the visuals were befitting of the finale, and maybe most importantly, Shirou was bearable. Both in his philosophic rant and during the fight.
Finally someone who doesn't wait for a super, hyper powerful weapon to be unleashed against him but moves in to prevent that. And that decapitation, delicious.)
I was waiting 49 episodes for Gilga to get his comeuppance and what I got frankly exceeded my expectations. Thank you
Shirou&Shirou.
I don't quite get the mechanics of the fight and why is it exactly that Shirou could challenge Archer specifically out of all servants but I dare say it still made more sense than the Dio fight.

It's a shame Saber had to depart so quickly and in general her lack of presence was a bit dissapointing but I imagine the Fate route is supposed to the Saber centric route. Wanted a bit more after ending of F/Z but she still kinda made peace with herself so I'm okay with that.

Also, I think it is only now that I fully comprehend the irony behind that "People die when they are killed" pic.
How was it that archer was there again ? It's rather hilarious to have another character straight up defy death in the span of 24 hours. Still Archer-Rin conversation was pretty fun and touching and a nice closure to both characters.

All in all, really liked this episode. It's a pretty straight forward fairy tale happy ending but it works nicely. And I wasn't exactly expecting repeat of F/Z's downer end anyway.

The reason Shirou is a match for Gilgamesh is because Shirou's reality marble gives him unlimited weapons that are used in basically the same way that Gilgamesh's are. All Gilgamesh does with his store of NP is throw them at people. He doesn't actually know how to use them in any real way other than as thrown-weapons. Shirou can do the same thing, except he can do it continuously and he can actually fight with them. Gilgamesh is actually a very shitty warrior, he just has a lot of big guns.

Jarmel

Banned
FSN UBW-24
From an animation standpoint, this was the best animated episode this year. Shirou's battle with Gilgamesh was cathartic as fuck. Seeing that condescending asshole finally get what's been coming to him had me yelling the entire time. Fate/Zero also had an amazing "EXCALIBAH" sequence and it totally got blown the fuck out this episode. The violins when she starts was so good, I wish that part of the OST went on a bit longer. Edit:I forgot the violins were from Sword of a Promised Victory. I guess it reflects Ufotable's quality improvements from back then and now.
On the part of the soundtrack, they've really stepped up not only the quality of the pieces in the last couple of episodes but also their usage. Just makes me wish the rest of the series had been to the quality of the past couple of episodes. Also of note is how much original material was added in here. Ufotable reworked some stuff and improved over the original VN.

This was straight orgasmic.

Ascheroth

I can't stop watching the Shirou vs Gil battle.

The rest of the season might have been a wash, but goddamn this episode is FANTASTIC.

I've watched that part at least 5 times in a row now.
Edit: Make that 10, or maybe 20. Don't know, have lost count because of all that awesomeness.

I just keep rewatching for that glorious EMIYA remix. This is the episode I've been waiting for Ufotable!
YES. That track is soooo good.

Jarmel

Banned
So next episode is Luvia episode right? Right?

I can't stop watching the Shirou vs Gil battle.

Best part about that was the quick cut about Gigamesh's hesitation to use Ea again
costing him the battle. He might have nailed Shirou if he hadn't hesitated.

Blusby

Next episode is 20 mins so I doubt that we'll actually see adventures in London, or rather anything outside of what's in the game besides maybe the inclusion of Saber's Continuation of the Dream.

Phatmac

Next episode is 20 mins so I doubt that we'll actually see adventures in London, or rather anything outside of what's in the game besides maybe the inclusion of Saber's Continuation of the Dream.
Yeah I'd just expect the classroom to be the end which is fine. Hopefully Shinji is given a redeeming moment for saving his punk ass.

kewlmyc

FSN UBW 24

Okay, this entire endeavor was worth it. The Gil battle was a near perfect adaption. Can't wait for the Heaven's Feel movies.

She does hire him to be her butler in the true end so maybe? God I just want an adult Waver cameo.

Oh god, I would love that. Especially if they cover what his current mission is.

/XX/

Something always interesting to be reminded of, among other (very interesting) things on the complete interview with Aya Suzuki made by Ani-Gamers:

Ani-Gamers (AG): [...] which of the directors you’ve worked with have imposed the most constraint or been the most exacting?

Suzuki: (...) with Miyazaki, his storyboards … you just trace his storyboards and you don’t question anything else. Everything about it, his boards, there’s nothing about it which is technically correct, to be honest, but that is how he wants it. He knows that, Miyazaki, and that’s how he wants it. So you don’t try to correct it. You just try to follow the flow of his line.

Everybody works differently. They’re tedious to a level and tedious in very different ways.
http://anigamers.com/interviews/animator-aya-suzuki-anime-industry-animenext-2015

More recently, I'm sure Mr. Ohira had it especially rough with him... :-D

phaze

The reason Shirou is a match for Gilgamesh is because Shirou's reality marble gives him unlimited weapons that are used in basically the same way that Gilgamesh's are. All Gilgamesh does with his store of NP is throw them at people. He doesn't actually know how to use them in any real way other than as thrown-weapons. Shirou can do the same thing, except he can do it continuously and he can actually fight with them. Gilgamesh is actually a very shitty warrior, he just has a lot of big guns.

That much I got but if he suddenly ( asspull alert) has body and projection speed to rival Gilga, who has been defeating one servant after another, then I don't see why he wouldn't be able to trounce them too.

Rewatched bits of the fight, "Stay where you are ruffian !" is probably my favourite line from this episode.

Is there like, any explanation for the sudden
Archer appearance ? Did he like, eject himself from his Guardian dimension or from wherever it is he spends his free time just to troll Gilga ? This and the sudden Grail hole strike me as supreme deus ex machinas.

Yeah. But if Gilgamesh hadn't been so prideful and had actually started using Ea before Shiro was close enough to cut off his arm, he probably would've won anyway given how Ea is super broken. Fate route spoilers
Ea is one of 2 S rank noble phantasms, and was able to shut down Saber with Excalibur in Fate route until Saber used Avalon, excalibur's scabbarfd and the other S rank, to pretty much become completely invincible

Phatmac

That much I got but if he suddenly ( asspull alert) has body and projection speed to rival Gilga, who has been defeating one servant after another, then I don't see why he wouldn't be able to trounce them too.

Rewatched bits of the fight, "Stay where you are ruffian !" is probably my favourite line from this episode.

Archer appearance ? Did he like, eject himself from his Guardian dimension or from wherever it is he spends his free time just to troll Gilga ? This and the sudden Grail hole strike me as supreme deus ex machinas.
The Archer appearance isn't explained.Either he disappeared during Gil's attack or was summoned by the Counter Force to stop the grail from destroying the world. He had to appear in the end to get peace either way. With the grail's destruction I assume that the mana the servants were getting would disappearing or this corrupt grail seeking another host like last week.

Shiro's noble phantasms are technically weaker than the real equivalents, and he really wasn't launching faster than Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh lost because Shiro was throwing way more blades at him then he could throw back. I'd note that a lot of the times Shiro was just intercepting Gilgamesh's blades, and quite a bit of the time it was with the ones he was holding

/XX/

Man, the amount of 'shikishi'-styled autographs from famous Japanese animation industry people that Yūichirō "animesama" Oguro is amassing, by way of the Shin-Bungeiza×ANIMESTYLE ALL NIGHT events he organizes (latest one featuring grumpy Mr. Oshii), is truly amazing... he & his team really work hard for these, and the reports from ANIMESTYLE Magazine really show that too! Looking forward so much to the upcoming volume mainly dedicated to SHIROBAKO (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4896101790/).

Not surprised. Always sounded like a pain in the ass to work with.
Yep, although freelancers have it easier. Some should be thankful he doesn't obliged the whole studio to do his one-hour-and-a-half ritual of early morning (heavy) skin brushing exercises everyday, or something like that. :)

Just the habitual radio calisthenics should suffice!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
With spring season anime wrapping up, the tropes keep piling up.

Triage X End
That's exactly how I feel about the show.

Show by Rock 10
YRUhzqD.jpg

I am a shadow, the true self.
Everything's turning up Persona.

Ninja Slayer 10
Glorious bio-bamboo, stronger than nippon steel folded four times over.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure part 3 END
Why did Dio's hair get shorter and lips turn green? It must be the work of Araki's stand!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The individual swords Shirou is projecting are weaker than Gils. He just has infinite of them.

The problem with the narrative is that you never see Gil use them in a way that's different from UBW.

In all seriousness, the answer is mostly "Shirou projected plot armor."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom