• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

Lol I just sent one too. Cornbread78 is going to be swimming in guest passes.

I should probably feel bad about watching ep. 24 of UBW despite not watching the rest of the series, but eh. The Emiya remix was awesome. Really happy to hear the remixed versions of the VN music.

2riJY3R.png
mA5ZVYK.jpg

My poor heart.

The little guy is adorable.

Hawlucha confirmed to be best bro just make things even sweeter.

FS/S UBW - 24
Hum that was an excellent way to send of this anime.

Many of you have critiqued this season of UBW , but as a whole i feel that both seasons did nail the required passages from the game perfectly

And IMo the whole anime animation was excellent and at his worst above average.
I guess i could admit some pacing issues in a few eps ..but goddamn, this season did it.
I'm quite fine with the result

Was it really that good? I've heard a lot of bad things about it.

Seraph of the end was the best written anime this season, with some of the best looking action scenes, environments. Characters were well designed and instantly grew on me. Friendship was high too. Its the definitive vampire end times four horseman of john experience on the market.

Phatmac

FS/S UBW - 24
Hum that was an excellent way to send of this anime.

Many of you have critiqued this season of UBW , but as a whole i feel that both seasons did nail the required passages from the game perfectly

And IMo the whole anime animation was excellent and at his worst above average.
I guess i could admit some pacing issues in a few eps ..but goddamn, this season did it.
I'm quite fine with the result
It was good overall. I can understand some issues with the pacing of the Archer/Shirou battle but I thought it was done well. It was a solid adaptation of UBW. Now the wait for Heaven's Feel begins.

phaze

Shiro's noble phantasms are technically weaker than the real equivalents, and he really wasn't launching faster than Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh lost because Shiro was throwing way more blades at him then he could throw back. I'd note that a lot of the times Shiro was just intercepting Gilgamesh's blades, and quite a bit of the time it was with the ones he was holding

The bolded alone seems to put him above other servants, IIRC Saber in F/Z and Ilya's Berserker got skewered like kebabs in no time.
Apocalypse Zero

I think Freud would have enjoyed this.

Now to watch the other work from the same author, Shigurui !

Blood Blockade Battlefront 11

Man, I just do not care about this series. I dunno why I picked it back up.

I do appreciate them referencing the head explosion scene from Scanners though

Seraph of the end - 12

The plot actually move forward !!!
Seraph%20of%20the%20End%20-%2012.jpg

Telling "are you upset ?" to someone who troll everyone without reserve is a pleasure in itself

So here ends the first season of seraph of the end.
At this point , the pieces are in place and everyone should see how the story will evolve , considering how each force is preparing for the future.
Everyone had their moment of character devellloppement , and the added insight of the human and vampire side makes the story flow much better

I'll be ready in OCt 2015 for the rest , hopefully , they take care of the excellent "preventive assault arc"

Jarmel

Banned
Seraph of the End-12

Well this was a very slow finale. The twist at the end does explain some of the action in prior episodes I guess.

SNAFU 12

Something is amiss, and I misread episode 11 pretty hard it seems.
Haruno seems pretty convinced that Yuki's lieing, and Hachiman believes this situation is unnaturally awkward, though he hasn't quite put his finger on what's going on with Yuki.

The idea that Yuki is using Hachiman in a self-serving manner (to run away) is consistent with Haruno's conclusion and Hikki's inkling, but it hasn't quite clicked with me (yet?). Maybe everyone was right and episode 11 didn't follow up well from the restaurant scene at the end of 10. I thought the infirmary scene was something genuine, but the awkwardness in this episode is not so clearly that of two inexperienced, earnest teenagers.

Incidentally, I wonder what Hachiman's feelings for Yui are. He keeps bringing up that sorta date. What is he trying to accomplish? Finding clarity in this situation?

The idea is that Yukino is now relying too much on Hachiman. Instead of standing up for herself, she looks to him for help. I think thats the "sinister" thing that Haruno was talking about earlier. For example at the end of ep 11, Yukino completely caves and looks to Hachiman for help. I guess Haruno suspects this kind of behavior will get more and more common.

Regarding Yui, I really hope she doesn't go the sacrificial route or something and never confess her feelings outright. They had a moment in the amusement park and Hachiman asked her when she was free. It really does feel like he wants to go forth with the date but Yui, trying to preserve the club and putting Yukino above her, is starting to avoid that issue entirely now.

I can't wait for the last episode.

Gunslinger Stratos - 12

i guess i saw the good end. i have a pretty good idea or where this could have been the moment to go toard the bad ending.

The last reveal was expected. anyone who didn't figure out the identity of the girl really didn't pay attention.

Overall while i thought that this fight was pointless ( and i think it was pointless ) i can understand now why it had to happen.

Overall gunslinger stratos was alright.. some problem of pacing , imo and lack of explanation at times but for the key moements, they did their best and explained what was needed to enjoy the show. It was obvious that the timelilne split was in 2015 , but i'm still unsure what was exactly the split out that would lead to so much different futures.

Overall , the idea of the show was decently done , even if i have no intention of playing the game yet.

But there was potential, lots of it The show did deliver on some point , but honnestly it wasn't that great.. It was enjoyable , a nice snak during the season and as it stand now is quite harmless unless you like that light does of sci-fi or time travel.

VERDICT : 6/10 ( enjoyable )

Robotguy

Yami Hat 7
Got some background one Hadzuki and Hatsumi's lives before everything happened. I'm glad they're apparently not real sisters, cause Hadzuki is kinda a creep. Lots of plot this ep.

Its the definitive vampire end times four horseman of john experience on the market.

I don't think there's a lot of competition in that segment.

Plastic Memories 12

The first minute of todays episode already got me. I don't think I'm going to be able to handle the next one.
I think that the whole "secret line" thing at the end also confirms that she's going to die next episode. There's nothing stopping this feels train.

World Trigger Episode 35
CH-l3csWoAAdYjA.png

Invasion arc was perfect. I still love the ending moments of last episode and the beginning of this one, one of the most intense action battle conclusion in awhile.

Ken got screentime even. He's hilarious.

Kekkai Sensen 11

da6Xq8O.jpg

White trying to understand her Brother.

This episode direction wise was really solid and well written. It provided a more direct approach to White and Black's relationship and provided the reason for White's current motivation. The episode reveals White struggling with the fact that she lacks any psychic abilities even though her parents are Casters and that her brother Black has psychic abilities. It also displays the difference between both sibling on how White is the stronger one even without psychic abilities while Black is the weaker one even with psychic abilities. And then both of the siblings position changes up after the great collapse with White being the weaker one and Black being the stronger one. It's provides this kind of dynamic which relates to Leo and Michella's relationship as well.

dRdkIEq.jpg

White taking photos in order to have a collection of mementos.

This scene especially was a nice way to develop White's character. She mentions that Photography itself wasn't really a hobby for her but just a way for her to leave behind mementos that wouldn't disappear. It emphasizes that White herself doesn't really care about death as long as she leaves behind memories that wouldn't disappear like she would if she were to die. It provides another layer to her character.

hS0jcJV.jpg

Sibling Bonds.

I loved how the episode emphasized White and Black's relationship as children in this flashback. It provided another look into Black's character and how he doesn't use his psychic abilities because of the incident he had with his sister. That he would only use his abilities once he himself is stronger. I loved how both White and Black started crying together in the hospital because it portrays their closeness. The scene where White and Black grew closer was fantastic because we finally see White fully realize the importance of her Brother, which later connects to her motivation of why she would go to lengths of sacrificing anything for her brother.

DBN9DUu.jpg

Man does the background scenery look amazing.

So we finally find out Despair-kun's true motivation which is to kill himself. This dialogue itself reveals Despair-kun 's motivation "The Despair that is me, forgotten by death, can at least embrace my yearning at twilight, and sleep." It's also finally revealed that White and Black were actually dead it's just that both their Parents created that barrier which would keep Hellsalem from collapsing and is actually connected to their hearts. All of which keeps them from dying, which is why you see White in pain after what Despair-kun did with Leo's eyes. Yeah all this is major setup for the finale and a very good one.

Welp that doesn't look good at all.😧

javac

Some new artwork, I really need to watch this, has anybody seen it? Jarinko Chie TV series:
○ Release Date : 24/6/2015 (Wed)
○ Price : ¥ 38,000 + tax
○ Code : KIXA-90532-41
○ Runtime : 1589min + Video bonus (5min.)
○ Audio : Japanese / Linear PCM ( monaural )
○ Package Specification : 11 Discs - (BD: 10 Discs / CD: 1 Disc)
○ Extras : Memorial Soundtrack CD / 32P book

cajunator

Banned
Congrats, now you've jinxed it. Please look forward to Neptunia S2!

more Neptunia is bad?

They're moving the whole database over. It's gonna take a little while, but all your orders will be there in a week or so, so no worries. I ordered FMP, Fumoffu, and Space Dandy part 2, and the new order shows up instantly. All new orders show up instantly.

They also do authorization charges (the kind that goes away after a couple of days) on a CC when you order now, so be wary of that.

Im sure it will regain some features but Im just having difficulty adjusting.

RomCom SNAFU Too! 12

Every week this show delivers. Really excited to see what happens next week. Also Yukino's sister is kind of a jerk.

Oremonogatari 11

Speaking about shows that deliver, this show is one of my favorites this season. Just been really fun and light-hearted compared to the other more serious shows this season. It's a nice breath of fresh air and this episode was another great one.

Nisekoi S2 11

I swear to God if Kosaki Onodera doesn't "win" in the end, I will end Ichijo.

Sound Euphonium 11-12

Missed last weeks episode. But man I am I glad I could watch them back to back. The environment for the band got really toxic there. Glad that I never had to go through that in the bands I played with. It seems like everything is back on track though. Should make for a good episode next week.

Plastic Memories 11-12

Another show I had to catch up on (was really busy last weekend with a particular event and video game. ;)). Again I am really happy I could watch them back to back as it made the feels a bit stronger. Next week is going to hit hard.

Shokugeki no Soma 12

I am so glad this show is continuing into next season. This has become just so enjoyable to watch.

Fate/stay Night -Unlimited Budget Works- 24

Sugoi!!! This episode was everything I wanted. I am very pleased with how this turned out. The last few episodes had me worried (
especially the all-too-quick demise of Assassin
) but ufotable really brought their A-game this episode and it shows. I just want to watch it again purely for the
Gilgamesh vs Shiro
fight. It was just so good. Clearly it's the episode of the season.

Arcadius

Banned
Galaxy Angel Z (Season 2)

A great continuation of the Galaxy Angel series. Fantastic episodes that are broken down into 10-13 minute shorts. We're given a lot of great comedy again, making Season 2 an absolute must watch, but Galaxy Angel Z takes a turn and introduces some very real tense moments. The episode with Forte and the Silent Soldier was down right not a comedy; introducing dark, scary, tense and entirely different emotions from what we normally get in a Galaxy Angel episode. The stark difference works really well too, as the episodes that go in the opposite direction from the standard Galaxy Angel setup seem to act like backstory and of a more serious intent.

The story is once again, for the most part, non-existent, though it makes Galaxy Angel focus on the harder things like character interaction and actually being funny, something that Galaxy Angel does really well.

Sound and music design is very 90's, with a lot of sounds that seem to come from many different shows. It doesn't hurt Galaxy Angel, but it's not exactly the best either. Ambient sounds are good though, as are the sounds of guns and other things. Opening and ED are really nice to listen to once again.

The girls are still really cute and with Galaxy Angel Z, we see more depth and information about them than ever before. Mint and Milfuelle continue to be super adorable and mega cute, my favorites!! ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom