• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Anime Limited probably own the license to 'Blood Blockade Battlefront' in the UK, no idea if that's a good acquisition as I haven't seen the show. link

Well that's a good acquisition for them because Blood Blockade Battlefront is a good anime, plus my AOTS for Spring. Though I don't live in UK so I can't get it.

Still have to watch the last episode for every show I follow before I really judge and rank whatever ends this season, I really liked everything we had. Soma and Arslan are both excellent, but won't be part of my list since those carry on to the next season.

AOTS is a close tie between SNAFU, Euphonium and UBW for me. The latter gets a lot of hate around these parts, and I understand that it is very different from the first 2. However, my ratings will be based on my levels of enjoyment, not whether it is good or bad because tastes are subjective.

Kikirin

I'm gonna go ahead and rep Dusk Maiden of Amnesia since it seems to be going sadly overlooked. The show tells an interesting story and presents an actual romance that actually develops and grows during the course of its run. The direction is strong and there's a lot of very imaginative shots. Really, the way it manages to elevate itself above its source material and obvious budget issues is commendable as it could've easily turned out a lot worse. Also, it has a fantastic soundtrack.

MY BROTHER. This was put more eloquently than I could manage.

Cornbread78

Still have to watch the last episode for every show I follow before I really judge and rank whatever ends this season, I really liked everything we had. Soma and Arslan are both excellent, but won't be part of my list since those carry on to the next season.

AOTS is a close tie between SNAFU, Euphonium and UBW for me. The latter gets a lot of hate around these parts, and I understand that it is very different from the first 2. However, my ratings will be based on my levels of enjoyment, not whether it is good or bad because tastes are subjective.

I plan on marathoning Arslan, School by Rock Euponium and Soma the week after the 4th, when I return from vaca and I'll make my selections at that time. Right now, I have to say it's still SNAFU, Plastic Memories and Danmachi for me. With strong honorable mentions going to Etotama, Fruit of Grisaia and Ymada-kun and the 7 Witches... Been a pretty good season for me....

Damnit I have to wait till July 4 for the finale of Kekkai Sensen. I have to wait 2 freaking weeks.

I'll probably try to catch up on Yamada and the Seven Witches even though it's rushed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma would be my AOTS if not for the fact its hard to be excited about something I was read the source material for already and there have been very few liberties taken with the material.

TUSR

Banned
Damnit I have to wait till July 4 for the finale of Kekkai Sensen. I have to wait 2 freaking weeks.

I'll probably try to catch up on Yamada and the Seven Witches even though it's rushed.

I caught up last night and out of no where towards the end of episode 10, they drop a huge new plot line.

Soma would be my AOTS if not for the fact its hard to be excited about something I was read the source material for already and there have been very few liberties taken with the material.

Soma is my AOTS, I almost want to start the manga, but im going to wait for cour 2 to end.

Phatmac

Haven't seen a lot of anime this season since nothing seemed to be great in anyway besides slice of life stuff which isn't my favorite genre. Guess I'd go with JoJo's as my AOTY or UBW. My favorite anime this season overall is Gintama but it didn't have a strong number of episodes during the spring.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
thats an odd way to spell Suzuya
Tone and Chikuma wreck the other CAVs anyway. RIP.

Boy, the producers of Under the Dog sure are quick to throw the entire Kickstarter team under the bus... lol.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/22...back-on-track/

From their perspective, it sure sounds like Yura made a total mess of things!
What the fuck is happening there?

Essentially, the partnership company in Japan is dissolving. Instead of having the discs go to one company as assets they'd have to include as a form of revenue, they are being destroyed instead (plus the costs of collecting/shipping/etc). Given the unlikely return on the sets, it makes more sense to destroy them while they are still owned by Sols instead of allowing it to influence another company's revenue/expenses for multiple years. This allows everything to be tied up nicely as Sols. What's surprising is that RightStuf isn't buying up the extra copies and selling them, but that may not be allowed in a contract (the companies are still trying to sell rights and having stock available is not the best influence factor).

It kinda sucks, but pretty much anyone who'd buy these has already done so, so it's not much of a waste at all.
It's too bad these just can't be given away to a library or something though.

Seraph of the end is my AOTS and I religiously read the material, Assassination Classroom second. Anime original non mecha non idol non music stuff is really struggling to find ways to be good.

Phatmac

The overall gender bent arc was strong at first but the overall conflict and plot weren't that great. It was more of a funny arc when compared to the other arcs that are usually great on all fronts but it still ended well. It felt rushed near the end which is a shame. Hopefully the anime team will be able to finish up the new OP and ED on time like they said during the credits.
tumblr_nqfzsjWij71qlqumho1_1280.png

Gintama 276

Xayf3Wb.jpg

Manly as men can be.

It's funny how Tsukky and Sarutobi manage to be much more manly than the previous males lol.😆 Sougo is confirmed gold digger, Kondo is hairy in the wrong places, and Hijikata ended up getting stuck in a hole. Man was this episode so good.

John Blade

Okay, I think I let this anime sink down a bit in me and just looking around at people opinion of this anime show and it look like it's more on the positive side. For me, with no expectation going in, it was something I didn't expect much and came out after watching the show a bit of unsure. I am guessing it might be that I don't know what to say really. In short, it's an interesting show. I guess I will go a bit into detail from what I remember.

I won't go into detail of the main story of the OVA (as you can look into on your side). You follow a main character name Eiri who work in the antics shop which is own by his father. One day he found a beautiful glasses which his dad send him and from the glass he saw an image of a beautiful girl. This girl will become the main plot as she eventually make Eiri go even crazy as time passes. You also found out more about her and her past which is very tragedic and sad.The story of the show is very interesting but the main strength is actually coming down of seeing the main character start to change from someone normal to become obsective of the person he met to he can't live without her type thing. A lot of the development is been done not by talking but the imaginary . They're tons of it here in this OVA. You see tons of death imaginary from blood to skeleton to death body all over the place.

Another thing I can say about the show is the music, it sound great when use in the show and help make the mood even more powerful. Also, the music is still able to listen to after you finish watch the show (liking the intro music a bit),

Still, this isn't my cup of tea show. I guess the theme of the show isn't something I am too interested as of now but don't let that stop you. This is a good show to see as the animation look great and how they make it look is crazy. Kinda like see someone else dream and how mess up it can get. Would recomend people to watch it.

Phatmac

Gintama 276

It's funny how Tsukky and Sarutobi manage to be much more manly than the previous males lol.😆 Sougo is confirmed gold digger, Kondo is hairy in the wrong places, and Hijikata ended up getting stuck in a hole. Man was this episode so good.
I think I'd prefer Sarutobi being a man considering how weak her usual character is. Tsukuyo is great no matter what.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The overall gender bent arc was strong at first but the overall conflict and plot weren't that great. It was more of a funny arc when compared to the other arcs that are usually great on all fronts but it still ended well. It felt rushed near the end which is a shame. Hopefully the anime team will be able to finish up the new OP and ED on time like they said during the credits.
I will say, the one interesting thing about Kyubei (and some of the other characters) is how gender comes up, especially in a text that can be very much an affirmation of masculinity. I don't know if the arc itself was paced well since I haven't read the manga, but I think I appreciate the overall message of the arc.

Is there any chance for a season 3 of Haganai? The season 2 finale had a huge cliffhanger.
Did the writer even finish his novels yet?

Squishy3

Ore Monogatari has to be my favorite from this season, even though we got the conclusion of Stardust Crusaders.

I expected it to be good but damn is it good. Takeo is god.

Midonin

Speaking of the devil not too many posts ago, here's a trailer for Classroom Crisis
Will be streaming on Aniplex on Fridays it seems.

EDIT: some more from Aniplex

Working!!!
Streaming on Saturdays

Charlotte
Saturdays as well.

Durarara!! 2nd Arc
Does not say when, but I bet Saturdays too lol.

We talked about how the weekends weren't gonna be the same, but just in true fashion like always, they seem to be stacked with stuff I want to watch lol.
The first confirmations of the season, hooray!

I'm curious which shows Funimation is going to end up grabbing, though all of the shows getting sequels are on CR.

Ore Monogatari 12

I don't know how to feel about this series anymore honestly. I'm pretty bored of it by now even though I liked the manga when I read it, don't know if I can watch another 12 episodes of this.

Speaking of the devil not too many posts ago, here's a trailer for Classroom Crisis
Will be streaming on Aniplex on Fridays it seems.

EDIT: some more from Aniplex

Working!!!
Streaming on Saturdays

Charlotte
Saturdays as well.

Durarara!! 2nd Arc
Does not say when, but I bet Saturdays too lol.

We talked about how the weekends weren't gonna be the same, but just in true fashion like always, they seem to be stacked with stuff I want to watch lol.

I know what I'll be watching.

I just learned there is a series being adapted for Fall called "I Was Kidnapped As a 'Sample Commoner' for a Princess School."

How long until Light Novel naming can be called it's own artform

Edit: jesus christ

CISnlZVWgAApJLn.jpg:large

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ore Monogatari 12

I don't know how to feel about this series anymore honestly. I'm pretty bored of it by now even though I liked the manga when I read it, don't know if I can watch another 12 episodes of this.
This is 2 cour?

The latest novel was published in mid-2014. Given the issues surrounding the title (including the problems with the illustrator and producing cover art for the disc releases), It's unlikely Media Factory will push the title again.
Honestly sounds like the Haruhi situation. Or maybe the Infinite Stratos situation. lol

The first confirmations of the season, hooray!

I'm curious which shows Funimation is going to end up grabbing, though all of the shows getting sequels are on CR.

Funimation are definitely gonna end up grabbing Gangsta because it's gonna be their Black Lagoon of the season. They will definitely pick up Dragonball Super, but I don't what other series they could pick up.

Phatmac

I will say, the one interesting thing about Kyubei (and some of the other characters) is how gender comes up, especially in a text that can be very much an affirmation of masculinity. I don't know if the arc itself was paced well since I haven't read the manga, but I think I appreciate the overall message of the arc.

Did the writer even finish his novels yet?
The overall message was neat considering Kyubei's character and issues with what the role males and females have in the modern world. I felt it was mostly a fun way to change things up and joke about how different everyone is. It was still mature enough to show that most of the cast continued living their lives even if they were different.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just learned there is a series being adapted for Fall called "I Was Kidnapped As a 'Sample Commoner' for a Princess School."

Penciled in.

Cornbread78

Itazure na kiss ep1-4
Another bastard MC picking on the girl that falls in love with him. This one is a little different though since they live in the same house and his mom is trying to hook them up "arranged" wedding style, lol. Ok, not arranged, but the parents are working it.. At least the MC has shown a little heart...
So far so good. this is 2 seasons, so it will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Aka."It Started With A Kiss"

It was alright, i think it's a shame they didn't do a broader conflict with more characters in order to play on more changes of personalities.

But it's was fun .. i was underwhelmed by kagura change , overall ..i feel that they could have done better than that.

Gintama 277

ON9zb7j.jpg

Tsukky a playboy now.

Pretty great episode. Seeing Hijikata being called pork and Sougo creating his own sadist club was hilarious. It's pretty amazing how Goriko use to be a stalker gorilla but now she's a amazing beauty. Anyway I loved how this episode viewed Kyubei's identity whether as a male or female.

Cornbread78

Fall harem anime incoming..

I just hope Crunchyroll gets the streaming rights for those two summer slice of life/ romance animes.

Oh yeah i read about this a couple of years ago. Dropped reading it the first chapter...

Arcadius

Banned

Edit: jesus christ (snip)

This looks good.

So I was updating my MAL to include characters that I really like as favorites; I'm like "Oh yeah, can't forget Ayu and Makoto from Kanon". As I get ready to favorite Makoto I read a little bit about what they wrote down for her and see that they mention the two bells around her wrist which she likes to play with. The feelings overwhelmed me as I read that and even an hour after this happened, that overwhelming feeling is still occurring. Uguu~ Auu~

Then I went to take care of some stuff and loaded up to listen to clariS when I was thinking to myself, I know I have her singles album, wonder if a song I know will pop up, as I say that, Wake Up from the Moyashimon OP comes on and I'm like 'Ahahahahaha' followed by some watery eyes.

I know I've said it before, but honestly, anime is quite amazing, spectacular and even life changing; I know I feel like my life has changed for the better since I've been watching.

I also know that I've seen a lot of anime and it makes it a little hard to remember all the details and heck, even the names of all the great characters I've seen, but damn it, the emotions and feelings fill just about the entire spectrum of what a Human Being can feel. I'm pretty sure these emotions and feelings will come up often, as everything I've seen starts to really set in and make a place in my heart and mind.

Note: clariS is really really good too.

Just wanted to share this =)

Well you guys want to know if it's really bad ? because i have the answer.
It's alright

cajunator

Banned
Holy Crap, how did this one escape me? It sounds pretty intersting... Maybe the one and only summer romance out there?

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime:
Synopsis:

You should watch another show with a redheaded cutie called Yona of the Dawn!

I'm gonna go ahead and rep Dusk Maiden of Amnesia since it seems to be going sadly overlooked. The show tells an interesting story and presents an actual romance that actually develops and grows during the course of its run. The direction is strong and there's a lot of very imaginative shots. Really, the way it manages to elevate itself above its source material and obvious budget issues is commendable as it could've easily turned out a lot worse. Also, it has a fantastic soundtrack.

Also also, drop everything else and watch Millenium Actress ASAP.

I second Dusk Maiden. Not many people mention it but its pretty good. Though maybe not what people were expecting.

Main reason I posted it was because I knew you'd like it
DI2HydK.gif

Thanks so much :D

Why is nobody here talking about the best show that's being aired in the summer: Gakkou Gurashi!

The story revolves around four girls who decide to stay over at school: the energetic Yuki Takeya, the shovel-loving Rumi, the center of the group Rurii, who brings everyone together, and Megu, the spacey school adviser. However, through mysterious circumstances, the girls find themselves the final survivors in a zombie attack, and continue to live at the school.

This will truly be the show to save anime.

Mandelbo

Out of interest, Arcadius, have you seen Grave of the Fireflies? It's one of my favourite anime films and, for reference, is the only anime I've ever teared up at. If you haven't seen it I absolutely implore you to do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom