• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Isn't that supposed to be good? I remember people talking/posting about it and it's supposed to be much better than the synopsis and name imply.

The title is "I Was Kidnapped As a 'Sample Commoner' for a Princess School." Does it matter if its good?

cajunator

Banned
KcyzEjl.jpg

I'm in love...

Should I watch Plastic Memories and join you in the despair, guys? You are making me curious.

You should. Its excellent. Depending on how heartless the director is, this show might break peoples hearts next week (or make us very happy)

thats an odd way to spell Suzuya

Nah I definitely spelled it right.

http://www.umeten.jp/

The best place to announce another season of Hidamari, Madoka and a Hidamari x Madoka spin-off.

OH MY GOD

Szadek

Finished the first season(E1-26) of Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
It's really good,but I think I need to take a break for a while.
That ending hit hard,a really punch in the stomach.

Midonin

The Tuesday show I'm looking forward to the most is the one no one mentioned - Sore ga Seiyuu! An anime about voice actors, based on a doujin manga written by a voice actor. With the art style of Hayate the Combat Butler. Sounds like a win. Watch it for Zuka.

sonicmj1

I just learned there is a series being adapted for Fall called "I Was Kidnapped As a 'Sample Commoner' for a Princess School."

How long until Light Novel naming can be called it's own artform

Edit: jesus christ

CISnlZVWgAApJLn.jpg:large

How to make a premise for your present-day light novel:

1. Create an overwhelmingly average protagonist
  2. Concoct an incredibly contrived situation that forces him into close contact with multiple attractive girls
  3. ???????
  4. Profit!

Crocodile

Aren't there more books around roughly the level of Shin Sekai Yori or Hyouka to adept? Why this...any horny, illiterate 14 year old could come up with this.

Between that and the recent best selling status of the new 50 Shades of Gray novel, I have come to the conclusion that anime wasn't a mistake. No. Rather the mistake is the written word. It's nothing but trash and we should clearly all go back to telling stores around campfires to spread the history of the human race. It's not like writing things down has helped us learn any better from past mistakes right?

Cornbread78

I know what you mean. Some shows hit you really hard. Punch in the gut.!

They started it off shakey while trying to discreetly give you the "rules of the world" with the "wonderer" information and the lifespan for the Giftia as well as some general comedy. However, once they got to the relationship building with Isla and Tsukasa's, they did an amazing job putting you through their struggles and triumphs of learning to love one another despite the grim outcome. In my opinion, the character development of Isla alone is well worth watching the series. I mean Japan did have her above Hestia on that waifu chart, lol.

You should. Its excellent. Depending on how heartless the director is, this show might break peoples hearts next week (or make us very happy)

So yeah, I hope I can make it through with a smile on my face, however, *snif snif*.... I just can't....

I have not, though they are in the plans. So much to watch and I've been busy lately too.

You will especially like Your Lie in April. Little Busters and especially "refrain" takes you on a fun journey with lots of feels and some drama, then goes complete mindfuck, then explodes with greatness as the ending plays out. It's just amazing...

Jarmel

Banned
Is there still no animated footage for Classroom Crisis?

I was reading up on summer anime and the premise for this is fairly interesting. I was starting to get hyped for it until I saw the screenwriter, one of Firehawk's favorites.

This upcoming season as a whole just seems like trainwreck city.

Cornbread78

I was reading up on summer anime and the premise for this is fairly interesting. I was starting to get hyped for it until I saw the screenwriter, one of Firehawk's favorites.

It better be good, it's one of the few I'm really interested in.

Posted from MAL/Crunchyroll:
With aims to one day reach out into the stars, humanity has colonized all the planets of the solar system. This story of young high school hopefuls is set in Fourth Tokyo in a Japanese Martian prefecture. Iris Shirasaki is a third year student/aspiring test pilot. Mizuki Sera is her peer/mechanic and Mizuki's brother Kaito is their homeroom teacher and the young director of the program developing their talents

Arcadius

Banned
Galaxy Angel X (4th Season)

Honestly, I'm not even sure what I could say about Galaxy Angel that hasn't been said in the past three write-ups I have done already.

Galaxy Angel X is absolutely the wildest and craziest season of Galaxy Angel. The episodic nature of the anime makes it easy to follow, but in X, it gets so much harder. Just about everything shown in X has no true lasting effect. All the stories and zany elements shown to the viewer only last for "that" specific episodic part. With each episode having two "parts" that never continue from one another, Galaxy Angel X is really the wildest season.

We're introduced to a new character this season, Karasuma Chitose. She appears to be really friendly and just wants to make friends, but her means of doing so are so unordinary that she eventually becomes hell-bent on wanting to destroy the Angel Brigade; this also causes a lot of episodes with her to be really funny and absolutely crazy as she tries to juggle two different personalities.

Mint, Milfuelle, Vanilla, Forte and Ranpha (Normad too) are still an absolute blast to watch and with Galaxy Angel X, the scenarios are crazier than ever before, the solutions are just as ridiculous and it makes Galaxy Angel X seem like it's on steroids compared to everything else we've seen.

Music and sound are hugely upgraded this season. Everything sounds better, there are less recycled audio and best of all, a ton of great music choices for when the case arises. Absolutely loved the direction X took in terms of sound/audio because it is probably the best season in this regard.

Story: Literally isn't any. Lost Technology and the crazy sidetracking that occurs is just that, crazy and wild. Aside from Chitose, don't expect anything to happen with a canon/long term effect. The 13 episodes or 26 scenarios are all wildly different from one another and it's best to have no expectation at all when going into the last season.

The biggest difference Galaxy Angel X has, compared to the other seasons is that it's the only season where I felt that it would be best if you watched the previous seasons. There are no introductions made, no information filled for viewers, it's all things that should be known by now. As such, X starts off with a bang and finishes with one too, so only recommend X for fans of the previous season. There are also many references to past episodes in older seasons too, a nice treat for those who've seen Galaxy Angel from start to finish.

Galaxy Angel, as a whole, is a super slice of life anime that uses a sci-fi background to place the Angel Brigade in zany and out of this world situations. The characters are all great, the locations can be really fun and the comedy is really really good. If you're bored and want something fun and funny to watch, give Galaxy Angel a try.

10/10 for Galaxy Angel X.

cajunator

Banned
Please let it be so!

unfortunately its not more anime but...

Its something pretty damned good!
Anyone knows if Ume Aoki has some artbooks and if/where I can get them?

I just learned there is a series being adapted for Fall called "I Was Kidnapped As a 'Sample Commoner' for a Princess School."

How long until Light Novel naming can be called it's own artform

Edit: jesus christ

CISnlZVWgAApJLn.jpg:large

This sounds pretty awesome in terms of potential comedy but it probably wont be.
Ill watch it just in case.
Also it kind of sounds like I My Me Strawberry Eggs but not quite the same. That show had a male teacher crossdressing as a female so he could teach at an all girls school with a feminazi leader.

cajunator

Banned
Yona was awesome! I can't wait until they adapt season 2! Huk better get a shot! Suu-won is a douche. ..

Ah so you did watch it I forgot. Excellent choice!

Honestly I'm tired of the overused zombie plot. Oh well I'll at least will give it a try.

Same. Never got into Zombies except Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka. Thats special.

Speaking about bad shows. Is anyone hyped for Overlord?
It seems like your typical gamer powerfantasy show but everything is cranked up to the max. The Main Character is a skeleton trying to take over the world with his huge harem of girls army of loyal warriors. Pretty spooky.

Ya gotta have to do something to kill time in a zombie apocalypse.

It could be fun. Ill watch some of it.

PK Gaming

Samurai Flamenco 2-4

This anime is basically Kickass and I love it

Especially loving the current setup, and i'm even more excited for episode 7 now

cajunator

Banned
It sounded exactly like the kind of harem self-insert fantasy where main character gets teleported into a fantasy world as a super powerful wizard who goes on to have everyone worship how awesome he is. Was that a wrong impression of mine?

Like in Mondaiji or No Game no Life?

The manga deals a lot with mental illness/trauma.

This sounds like a fascinating idea. I might really get into it.

Phatmac

Finally caught up to Shokugeki no Soma after hearing how good it is despite all the fan service. While it's a predictable cooking style show with tons of tropes it has a lot of heart. It's also a challenge for me as my cooking isn't good but the show is inspiring me to get better at it. With all that said Megumi is the real reason to watch it if you don't like everything else though.

Euphonium Whiplash was so good.

I had a hard time deciding between Whiplash and The Grand Budapest Hotel as my movie of 2014.

On one hand JK Simmons being extremely offensive and making college students cry. On the other hand, fucking Voldemort.

I didn't mind Birdman winning the academy award but I would have been ecstatic for either of the two above to have won.

Quasar

Isn't that supposed to be good? I remember people talking/posting about it and it's supposed to be much better than the synopsis and name imply.

I'm not sure I'd say that. I read a bit of the manga and its not very interesting, even for fiction of this type.

Cornbread78

To Love Ru ep. 6-12
Ok, I'm a child at heart, so the gratuitous fanservice, aweful sex jokes and constant sophomoric behavior has been appreciated. I mean, there is no plot, no character developement, no feel-good moments at all. However, there has been tentacle rape, nudity, alien confession, hot nurses, crazy fan clubs, alien confessions, lots of "misunderstandings" and the greatest school field day ever seen. In other words, it has just been a ton of mindless ecchi fun so far...

cajunator

Banned
To Love Ru ep. 6-12
Ok, I'm a child at heart, so the gratuitous fanservice, aweful sex jokes and constant sophomoric behavior has been appreciated. I mean, there is no plot, no character developement, no feel-good moments at all. However, there has also been tentacle rape, nudity, alien confession, hot nurses, crazy fan clubs, alien confessions, lots of "misunderstandings and the greatest school field day ever seen. In other words, it has just been a ton of mindless ecchi fun so far...

watch Ultimate Girls.

Maruto is the best reason to be interested in the show.

Cornbread78

watch Ultimate Girls.

During a monster attack on the city, which is something that happens quite often, Silk and her two friends try get close to the attacking monster for a better view. An unfortunate choice of location to watch from leads to UFO-man, the city's giant protector, to land on the girls crushing them to death. Feeling sorry, UFO-man blames their death on the monster and promises to bring Silk and her friends back to life by lending them his power but the catch is that they now have to become the city's protector as well.

I think this has the lowest rating I've ever seen on MAL at 5.85/10... ummm..

Btw, Haruna is a cute character and it's fun watching her beat up Riki, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom