• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

I just learned there is a series being adapted for Fall called "I Was Kidnapped As a 'Sample Commoner' for a Princess School."

How long until Light Novel naming can be called it's own artform

Edit: jesus christ

CISnlZVWgAApJLn.jpg:large

So it's like Prison School ? AotF

Arcadius

Banned
Out of interest, Arcadius, have you seen Grave of the Fireflies? It's one of my favourite anime films and, for reference, is the only anime I've ever teared up at. If you haven't seen it I absolutely implore you to do so!

I have seen Grave of the Fireflies, I don't think I could ever watch it again, I'd need someone next to me or something. Absolutely, incredibly sad sad sad movie. Cried so much and throughout so much of the movie too. It's been a couple years since I've seen it, but it's probably the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Even though it really pulls at the heart, it's a great film and one that everyone should watch for sure.

I've seen almost all Studio Ghibli movies =)

*hug*

I get those feels with anything Clannad especially with the opening track and when I hear The Palm of a tiny hand"

Oh, the "hugging gif" from ep.18 of After Story gets me as well..

So many feels

I get it with Clannad too, and when you posted those images of Akio about fathers day and the gif too, I most definitely got the feelings. So powerful to be moved by an image. God... I'm getting all teary thinking about it.

Pretty sure I watched that 5 years ago and it was called High School of the Dead

20754-o879jAoYovMl.jpg

But does High School of the Dead have a vast roster of loli characters? Surely it has to be miles better because of this very fact. There's also a dog, 10/10.

Gangsta is going to be the only worthwhile show this summer isn't it.

Phatmac

Gintama 277

Pretty great episode. Seeing Hijikata being called pork and Sougo creating his own sadist club was hilarious. It's pretty amazing how Goriko use to be a stalker gorilla but now she's a amazing beauty. Anyway I loved how this episode viewed Kyubei's identity whether as a male or female.
Thus the day when Zenzou and Hijikata pairings was born. At least it gave us that.

20754-o879jAoYovMl.jpg

But does High School of the Dead have a vast roster of loli characters? Surely it has to be miles better because of this very fact. There's also a dog, 10/10.

Gangsta starts in like a week and that's the first show people are going to care about, when does the thread for Summer go up?

Can I pitch my thread names again???

Speaking about bad shows. Is anyone hyped for Overlord?
It seems like your typical gamer powerfantasy show but everything is cranked up to the max. The Main Character is a skeleton trying to take over the world with his huge harem of girls army of loyal warriors. Pretty spooky.

I can already hear the yuri cries and debate now...

Ya gotta have to do something to kill time in a zombie apocalypse.

It seems like your typical gamer powerfantasy show. But everything is cranked to the max. The Main Character is a skeleton trying to take over the world with his huge harem of girls army of loyal warriors. Pretty spooky.

The MC is a skeleton so I will watch at least one episode because I think that idea is great

I expect a lot of boner/boning puns, enough to make Brook groan

Kansoku

You know the season is bad when the 3 shows you're interested in are sequels.

Durarara!!x2 Ten, Gatchaman Crowds insight and Working!!!. I will also check out Gakkou Gurashi, Umaru-Chan and God Eater, but not super excited for them.

It seems like your typical gamer powerfantasy show but everything is cranked up to the max. The Main Character is a skeleton trying to take over the world with his huge harem of girls army of loyal warriors. Pretty spooky.

Ya gotta have to do something to kill time in a zombie apocalypse.

I'm a HUGE overlord FAN

HUGE

HUGE

This show's LEGIT.

If animegaf doesn't like overlord , then you have no soul.

That's how hyped i am.
The books are awesome.just awesome.

I'm a HUGE overlord FAN

HUGE

HUGE

This show's LEGIT.

If animegaf doesn't like overlord , then you have no soul.

That's how hyped i am.
The books are awesome.just awesome.

Why is it so good? I can see the potential. Is that skeleton straight up evil? That would be cool to watch.

20754-o879jAoYovMl.jpg

I can't wait for Nina and Nicolas's interactions to be animated in Gangsta. I just hope Manglobe faithfully follows the manga.

Ascheroth

If the show will be anything like the books then it's going to be pretty great and nothing like your typical gamer powerfantasy.
Not getting hyped until I've seen the first episode at least, but I'm expecting great things. (This is a contradiction, isn't it...)

I just learned there is a series being adapted for Fall called "I Was Kidnapped As a 'Sample Commoner' for a Princess School."

Sigh...

You know what would have made this interesting? If the guy in this actually was homosexual. Even better, make it so the guy didn't want to be there. Because you know, I think one has the right to feel very offended in the fact that he was kidnapped and forced to attend a school against his will!

Has there ever been a harem anime where the only angry tsundere character in the harem was the main male protagonist himself? Or someone who's in a self-insert situation like that one but desperately wants out of it?

Do these LN writers even try to change up the formula regarding its characters? At this point, I feel like even I could write a harem LN that's better than 90% of the ones that are out there!

Cornbread78

So ecchi, ecchi more ecchi then Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and Classroom Crisis.. Summer will be fine, riiight?

Well flesh eating yuri zombie show too.

Is it going to be dark and grim? Like are there mature themes? People getting chopped up?

I've only read 2 Vols so far but it does get dark and grim, though it does have its lighthearted moments like interactions between Nina and Nicolas for example. If I could give you something to compare to its kinda like Black Lagoon. The series is not a masterpiece but it's a solid and enjoyable series.

It will turn out great if Manglobe adapts it faithfully.

Is it going to be dark and grim? Like, are there mature themes? People getting chopped up?

Similar to that anime about the assassin organization with the best assassin being the sword wielding girl that aired 2-3 seasons ago. Just not as extreme in Shadow the Edgeeeeeeeeeehog.

Gangsta at the least has the decency to not constantly shift tones back and forth from what I recall.

If the show will be anything like the books then it's going to be pretty great and nothing like your typical gamer powerfantasy.
Not getting hyped until I've seen the first episode at least, but I'm expecting great things. (This is a contradiction, isn't it...)
It sounded exactly like the kind of harem self-insert fantasy where main character gets teleported into a fantasy world as a super powerful wizard who goes on to have everyone worship how awesome he is. Was that a wrong impression of mine?

Aren't there more books around roughly the level of Shin Sekai Yori or Hyouka to adept? Why this...any horny, illiterate 14 year old could come up with this.

Similar to that anime about the assassin organization with the best assassin being the sword wielding girl that aired 2-3 seasons ago. Just not as extreme in Shadow the Edgeeeeeeeeeehog.

Gangsta at the least has the decency to not constantly shift tones back and forth from what I recall.

Heh I don't think Akame Ga Kill is in any way a good comparison so.....😒 They are really completely different.

Anyways I'm also looking forward to that Rokka anime based on a fantasy setting, plus it has a bit of a Aztec feel.

Jarmel

Banned

Isn't that supposed to be good? I remember people talking/posting about it and it's supposed to be much better than the synopsis and name imply.

Cornbread78

I
I've seen almost all Studio Ghibli movies =)

I get it with Clannad too, and when you posted those images of Akio about fathers day and the gif too, I most definitely got the feelings. So powerful to be moved by an image. God... I'm getting all teary thinking about it.

Question, have you watched Your Lie in April or Little Busters yet?

meant it specifically in the edginess hence why I kept saying it

Oh okay if it's the edginess then I guess it makes sense.

Aren't there more books around roughly the level of Shin Sekai Yori or Hyouka to adept? Why this...any horny, illiterate 14 year old could come up with this.

You're better off looking forward to manga adaptions than LN adaptions. For example if The Ancient Magus Bride were to get an anime adaption by a competent Staff it would be better than Hyouka. Yeah I said it but that's because the manga is really solid and the atmosphere is just amazing and breathtaking. It feels so magical and mystical.

Isn't that supposed to be good? I remember people talking/posting about it and it's supposed to be much better than the synopsis and name imply.

The questions is what people were posting that...

I mean sure, for all I know this LN deals with the psychological consequences of growing up in a secluded, messed up cult and our MC is about to meet some damaged girls who seriously have little concept of the outside world.

But really, it won't be that. It will be a shitty harem, whose precise level of shittiness is yet to be evaluated.

cajunator

Banned
hahaha, but the way the tentacles went into the two legs was a bit extreme :p

The bad thing of this show is that I'm getting too hungry :(

Yakitate Japan prepared me for this show but Soma went a step beyond even that. It isnt quite so over the top later on though. That first episode is a definite hook. thats not to say that later reactions arent spectacular. Oh noooo.

I mean, is it bad, that I am already feeling sad and it's not even Sat. yet? I don;t want it to come, I'm already getting chocked up just thiking about it...

"I hope that one day you will be reunited with the one you cherish"
- Isla, Plastic Memories

I know what you mean. Some shows hit you really hard. Punch in the gut.

She has no nostrils.

Eccentric Family took all of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom