• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a Fire Emblem anime.

But you get a game that you can interact with and change who your waifu is. In an anime you get shitty ending, worst girl wins and you can't do anything about it. In the games you kinda can, specially now with the whole "choose your side" thing.

If anime wants to be taken seriously as a medium it needs to follow the HBO model of marriage and make the husband in Fire Emblem cheat on the wife, then the wife revenge cheats on him, then they get divorced, he becomes an alcoholic, loses custody of the kids and they don't care much for him, and the wife finds new love elsewhere.

It's starting to sink in now. In a few days SNAFU2 will end. In a few days DanMachi will end. And so will Plastic Memories. And UBW. The first 2 we probably won't hear anything about for the next 2 or 3 years. The 3rd is going to end in tears and breaking everyone's heart. UBW will be getting Heaven's Feel apparently, but when? Who knows. Shitty times we are in AnimeGAF. Can we all hug or some shit when it's all over?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It's starting to sink in now. In a few days SNAFU2 will end. In a few days DanMachi will end. And so will Plastic Memories. And UBW. The first 2 we probably won't hear anything about for the next 2 or 3 years. The 3rd is going to end in tears and breaking everyone's heart. UBW will be getting Heaven's Feel apparently, but when? Who knows. Shitty times we are in AnimeGAF. Can we all hug or some shit when it's all over?

Hope you like lewdness, because hedonism is coming.

Cornbread78

Have you been watching I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying (Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken)? It's a great show it's too bad the episodes are short.

That's actually been sitting in my Crunchy queue untouched for months now. It's just a comedy about an otaku husband, right?

Narag

Victory Gundam 22

Aj378Whl.png
k6NsvMNl.png
xUqLwNfl.png

dwohijHl.png
Xmjv1nnl.png
OwS6Sv9l.png

Not only was this the most visually satisfying ep of Victory yet, it was probably the most satisfying thus far. Godwald was the sort of thing the show needed, someone to directly challenge Uso as opposed to his run-ins with previous BESPA forces who never seemed to form any sort of meaningful rivalry with him despite multiple encounters. This gets back to the sentiment I expressed last ep that there's a distinct lack of personalities present to drive the show forward.

I was never fond of the Abigor's design going into this (nor any of the Zanscare designs in general) but I'll be damned if it didn't win me over, mostly due to the super robot pose coupled with the brief impact frame highlighting it.

Gintama 138

What a weird episode. It's not surprising at all for this show though, an episode about Gintoki's backstory? Expecting some kind of story about his samurai days? lolnope here's an episode with all the important scenes replaced by these black guys

I didn't finish any of those and I'm doing fine

Quasar

So I've been rewatching some romantic comedy types shows. What's the deal with the 'princess carry'? Thats always cropping up. The adoration for that...I wonder where that anime cliche came from.

Cornbread78

After we're done our group therapy session from Plastic Memories, we need to have another group hug session for the rest of them..

My first full season will have passed, have I done well AnimeGAF?

Narag

Being liberated from type-mooninites and boobstring sounds like the best thing possible tbh.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
unfortunately we have to deal with the utter drek that is prisma ilya next season

hopefully either it or its fans all get banned tho

Midonin

I very rarely talk about shows I'm not watching - I'm not watching them, what's the point? - but I'm being an objector to Gate for the reason that an anime about Japan engaging with the government of a fantasy world already exists that does the concept in a way much more suited to my tastes.

Outbreak Company.

It has Arakawa. It has one of the most whimsical OPs I've heard. And it shows how diplomacy and spreading culture can be more effective than shooting people. Even in academia today, people are using comics and genre fiction as learning tools, treating them with the same amount of respect as any other text. And an anime that says anime has the potential to do the same?

That's worth supporting.

And that reminds me. Cornbread. Add Magician's Academy to your queue. It's from the same author as Outbreak Company/Chaika, but far more cartoony in its style.

Phatmac

I'm trying with all my might to hate Prisma Illya but damn does it have some great fan service fights. Last season's battle with Bazett was so good.

Phatmac

I'm watching SNAFU the first season and I like everything but the main character since he reminds me of myself except I never talked to girls as well as he did so I'm feeling self conscious about how shitty my high school life was. Damn you anime.

TUSR

Banned
I'm watching SNAFU the first season and I like everything but the main character since he reminds me of myself except I never talked to girls as well as he did so I'm feeling self conscious about how shitty my high school life was. Damn you anime.

you didnt have a harem of grade 10s when you were in grade 12?

what were you doing with your time?

OceanBlue

I feel like he becomes less relatable as the series goes on, but the characters become more interesting so it's a fine trade-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom