• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hastati

Thanks a lot for all the perspectives on Nanoha. I'll check it out (and avoid Strikers I guess?).

Now to go to bed and wake up to Danmachi!

cajunator

Banned
Snafu 02

Zaimokuza
just made this show more interesting already. He's basically a chuuni, or a really eccentric guy otherwise.
This actually kind of reminds me of Haganai so far. Complete with a Yozora.
Yui is a cutie but I can see her going completely off the rails with jealousy eventually.

Hastati

Snafu 02

Zaimokuza
just made this show more interesting already. He's basically a chuuni, or a really eccentric guy otherwise.
This actually kind of reminds me of Haganai so far. Complete with a Yozora.
Yui is a cutie but I can see her going completely off the rails with jealousy eventually.

It's pretty different from Haganai! Much less rom-com fanservice antics, more on the serious/drama side. It has some of the best characterizations though, and it just gets better the farther you go.

cajunator

Banned
It's pretty different from Haganai! Much less rom-com fanservice antics, more on the serious/drama side. It has some of the best characterizations though, and it just gets better the farther you go.

I dont expect it to be like Haganai it just started similarly. About to watch episode 3.

I tweeted you the rest, heh.

damn. I mainly preorder collector edition stuff now and wait until close to release for the normal stuff or sometimes a little afterwards.

Thoraxes

I still dont see that indicator that something was preordered already like the site used to have. Is that just gone now? How will I know what was ordered?

When you go in there, click the little calendar/date thing, change the first date to like October of last year, the second date just leave on today's date. You have to manually set the date range of pre-orders to show now (it's kinda dumb).

Everything should be pretty much transferred over now. All of my stuff is at least.

cajunator

Banned
When you go in there, click the little calendar, change the first date to like October of last year, the second date just leave on today's date. You have to manually set the date range of pre-orders to show now (it's kinda dumb).

Everything should be pretty much transferred over now. All of my stuff is at least.

Yeah mine is but I dont like how everything is an order number now instead of the title.
Interestingly, No Game no Life is listed for 97$ but they have me down for 77$.
Buying anime just got more complicated :(

Thoraxes

Yeah mine is but I dont like how everything is an order number now instead of the title.
Interestingly, No Game no Life is listed for 97$ but they have me down for 77$.
Buying anime just got more complicated :(

If you have the Got Anime discount, your total with free shipping should be $70.19 after using the promo code S23-2015.

And yeah it did. It's really disorienting for me too :(

Mendrox

Guys guys guys... it's Megumi day!

megumi_ping_pong__transparent_version__by_lusara-d8qng6s.png

Guys guys guys... it's Megumi day!

This kind of artwork is a million times more appealing than any of the boob/ass shots we've seen so far in the anime. That applies to the manservice, too.

I am actually for hypersexualizing the content in a show like Soma, it's perfect for it, but damn would the studios (and mangakas) benefit from understanding the principle that less is more (or can be anyways). Well, at least it hasn't been as bad with the last couple episodes.

Mendrox

This kind of artwork is a million times more appealing than any of the boob/ass shots we've seen so far in the anime. That applies to the manservice, too.

I am actually for hypersexualizing the content in a show like Soma, it's perfect for it, but damn would the studios (and mangakas) benefit from understanding the principle that less is more (or can be anyways). Well, at least it hasn't been as bad with the last couple episodes.

Yes I agree - that's also the reason that I like Megumi the most of the cast... even if she is a bit annoying with all her "I cannot do shit..." (which isn't true as you saw). Well, Soma got better in that regard and stays like this. There has to be fanservice otherwise the merchandise wouldn't sell.

Megumi figure when?!?!

cajunator

Banned

Suu <3
Perfect voice and design adaptation :D

Yes I agree - that's also the reason that I like Megumi the most of the cast... even if she is a bit annoying with all her "I cannot do shit..." (which isn't true as you saw). Well, Soma got better in that regard and stays like this. There has to be fanservice otherwise the merchandise wouldn't sell.

Megumi figure when?!?!

I would buy several.
No damned beach queens please.

Tizoc

What are the must watch Lupin III anime series? I know which movies to watch, but what animes are worth watching?

Razmos

Samurai Flamenco episode 1: I'm aware that this show goes crazy dark at some point, and the rather unassuming first episode has definitely gotten me looking forward too it haha.

The first episode had a pretty small focus, only really being about the main character and Goto.
And Hollllly shit do those 2 give off some HoYay vibes. I guess it's helped by the fact that Hazama is the slender, model type frequently seen in yaoi and goto is the manly, darker skinned serious type. It's very likely not intentional but I can't help seeing these things, haha.

Story seems interesting so far, but i'm kinda struggling to see where this is going to go, we'll see!

Samurai Flamenco episode 2: NOPE, this is definitely intentional.
1c503a7f9e6c0a7b399c258cdd3e6552.png

Ishihara (his manager) caught on as well, "how did you two meet" indeed. Goddamn it, the show is doing this to me on purpose.
Ishihara is damn scary. Mari looked like she was going to be important straight away and she recognized that song? secret Otaku eh.

Goto's umbrella getting stolen was very convenient after the conversation they just had about umbrella's being stolen, haha.
That news guy recognized Hazama as Samurai Flamenco.. that's... bad.

So Punchline had a pretty lame ending? Doesn't surprise me...

The punchline ending actually solve most of the plot threads , the only real complain is that they couldn't properly devellop the main antagonist in that time frame .it's still solid , but you clearly see that with maybe 1 more episode they could have done better.

Thoraxes

The punchline ending actually solve most of the plot threads , the only real complain is that they couldn't properly devellop the main antagonist in that time frame .it's still solid , but you clearly see that with maybe 1 more episode they could have done better.

That's why i'm looking forward to the game now.

Droplet

Samurai Flamenco episode 1: I'm aware that this show goes crazy dark at some point, and the rather unassuming first episode has definitely gotten me looking forward too it haha.

The first episode had a pretty small focus, only really being about the main character and Goto.
And Hollllly shit do those 2 give off some HoYay vibes. I guess it's helped by the fact that Hazama is the slender, model type frequently seen in yaoi and goto is the manly, darker skinned serious type. It's very likely not intentional but I can't help seeing these things, haha.

Story seems interesting so far, but i'm kinda struggling to see where this is going to go, we'll see!

Samurai Flamenco episode 2: NOPE, this is definitely intentional.
snip

Ishihara (his manager) caught on as well, "how did you two meet" indeed. Goddamn it, the show is doing this to me on purpose.
Ishihara is damn scary. Mari looked like she was going to be important straight away and she recognized that song? secret Otaku eh.

Goto's umbrella getting stolen was very convenient after the conversation they just had about umbrella's being stolen, haha.
That news guy recognized Hazama as Samurai Flamenco.. that's... bad.

Samurai Flamenco is a balls crazy show and it's wonderful for that, but I also really do love the strange but almost romantic relationship between Masayoshi and Goto. Aside from Euphonium (lol) this season, it's somewhat remarkable in that it's one of the few shows that portrays something of a romantic relationship with same-sex lead characters outside of a romantic genre.

That's...totally what's happening with these shows right? Is it possible that eventually this can just be a normal thing? I've been starting to get high hopes with that recent Fire Emblem announcement.

Razmos

Samurai Flamenco is a balls crazy show and it's wonderful for that, but I also really do love the strange but almost romantic relationship between Masayoshi and Goto. Aside from Euphonium (lol) this season, it's somewhat remarkable in that it's one of the few shows that portrays something of a romantic relationship with same-sex lead characters outside of a romantic genre.

That's...totally what's happening with these shows right? Is it possible that eventually this can just be a normal thing? I've been starting to get high hopes with that recent Fire Emblem announcement.
Now I have hope of even more of this HoYay later on :D

And yeah I really hope that is what's happening. It's one of the many reasons I love SNAFU as well, where it's treated with as much seriousness as the rest of the girls that Hachiman is attracted to Saika. I know that Saika isn't "end game" but it still makes me happy to see that those kind of feelings aren't confined to certain types of characters in certain settings or treated as a punchline to some joke.

Anyway:
Samurai Flamenco episode 3: Damn, Samurai Flamenco got popular very quickly.
Goto wearing the costume at the end and blushing was really cute haha, I like his character.
Hazama kinda fails at the whole secret identity thing. I hope that doesn't have disastrous consequences down the line.

Razmos

Samurai Flamenco episode 4: It's hurtin' time!
samurai-flamenco-04-flamenco-girl.jpg

I love Flamenco Girl already. and all magical girl references in her apartment were amazing. lmao at her kissing her bandmate being totally normal, and different this time because it was "longer than usual". Her habit of kicking guys in the crotch complete with ding sound effects is just the best.

Absolute D'aww at Goto checking up on Hazama while at work, following social media to find out if he's okay. He's so adorable.
And the text from his girlfriend later on "Recently you are always talking about him" huehuheuheuheu.
I'm totally shipping them now, dammit.

Samurai Flameco episode 5:
Of course the girl called "Moe" would be the cutest, lol
Oh no, relationship troubles for Goto, might have more impact if his girlfriend wasn't faceless.
Oh my god at that ending scene. Flamenco GIRLS? awesome awesome awesome.

Samurai Flamenco episode 4: It's hurtin' time!
samurai-flamenco-04-flamenco-girl.jpg

I love Flamenco Girl already. and all magical girl references in her apartment were amazing. lmao at her kissing her bandmate being totally normal, and different this time because it was "longer than usual". Her habit of kicking guys in the crotch complete with ding sound effects is just the best.

Absolute D'aww at Goto checking up on Hazama while at work, following social media to find out if he's okay. He's so adorable.
And the text from his girlfriend later on "Recently you are always talking about him" huehuheuheuheu.
I'm totally shipping them now, dammit.

Samurai Flameco episode 5:
Of course the girl called "Moe" would be the cutest, lol
Oh no, relationship troubles for Goto, might have more impact if his girlfriend wasn't faceless.
Oh my god at that ending scene. Flamenco GIRLS? awesome awesome awesome.
The real flamenco begins soon. Clench your butt cheeks because you aren't ready for what's to come.

wonzo

Banned
You know what all of this SW talk reminds me? Me wondering how the wookiepedia editors felt, as Disney made almost everything non-canon.

i remember checking out the wiki wondering what was in the EU on the day it was announced and i was amazed they'd had already categorized p. much everything in the span of a few hours. star wars fans are crazy

Vito

Banned
i remember checking out the wiki wondering about what was in the EU on the day it was announced and i was kinda amazed they'd had already categorized p. much everything in the span of a few hours. star wars fans are crazy

You kinda always wonder who the guy is who runs to update people's wikipedia bios, when they die.

Arcadius

Banned
HIdamari Sketch 3

I think the show is starting to gel with me finally. The art class was pretty funny and there was something relatable about how Miya dealt with minor adversity.

Wohooo! I really enjoyed Hidamari Sketch!

Seriously.... looks like so much good. I know looks can be deceiving, but I don't care, those girls are just way to damn cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom