• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

The idea that SAO "touched" anyone is truly baffling to me. It's about as shallow as a plot can get.
Source: I watched it.

I'l sure if I had watched a ton of anime before it, I could have come up with the same conclusion. However, the fact that it is so polorizing is another story in itself... Who knows, I'm done with this, lol.

Now now, let him be. Anime affects everyone differently, if he was touched by SAO for any reason at all, I think that's pretty great, regardless of the opinions that most people have for it.

Cornbread, it's all good, don't let it get to you.

Note: Personally never watched SAO, but this ragging is sad.

If anything the first major arc 1-15 is worth your time for the experience, but that's just my opinion.

Midonin

Nisekoi: 12

Still haven't seen the OVAs, I'll get to those soon enough, but I actually liked the second season. Everyone got time to shine, Haru shook up the cast dynamics enough, Chitoge had more of herself revealed, and we got a magical girl parody out of it. I know it's a fairly typical example of a genre that's never really been respected in the Western sphere, but I like the characters, even Chitoge - especially Chitoge - and Shaft's animation kept things lively. The opening sequence was great, music and animation wise, as well. Will there be more in the future? I wouldn't rule it out. Gave me exactly what I expected of it.

cajunator

Banned

Cute. But another show that may or may not end up banned here by the looks of it.

Charlotte looks pretty interesting.

Samurai Flamenco episode 4: It's hurtin' time!
samurai-flamenco-04-flamenco-girl.jpg

I love Flamenco Girl already. and all magical girl references in her apartment were amazing. lmao at her kissing her bandmate being totally normal, and different this time because it was "longer than usual". Her habit of kicking guys in the crotch complete with ding sound effects is just the best.

Absolute D'aww at Goto checking up on Hazama while at work, following social media to find out if he's okay. He's so adorable.
And the text from his girlfriend later on "Recently you are always talking about him" huehuheuheuheu.
I'm totally shipping them now, dammit.

Samurai Flameco episode 5:
Of course the girl called "Moe" would be the cutest, lol
Oh no, relationship troubles for Goto, might have more impact if his girlfriend wasn't faceless.
Oh my god at that ending scene. Flamenco GIRLS? awesome awesome awesome.

Flamenco girl is a cutie!
Dat
kiss

I can understand being attached to the first show that got you into anime. For me, although I had watched a lot of dubs as a kid, the show that really got me in was Naruto (and it got me into manga as well), and it took a lot of shitty things happening before I would admit to myself it had turned to shit (I still think some of the early stuff was great, but I can definitely see that it went odwnhill with the timeskip now, even though I had been convincing myself it was still good until the Pein arc ending broke me). But now with time and a continued build up of shit, I will fully admit how much Naruto came to suck
Especially the last arc which featured *possible manga spoilers (i don't know exactly where the anime is at right now)*
Kishi constantly topping himself with shitty villain being replaced by an even shittier villain which culminated in the abomination that is Kaguya

zulux21

anyone in here know where to listen to linked horizon's Jiyū no Daishō at all?
it was supposed to start playing this morning at midnight japan time to start hyping people for the second attack on titan movie (as it's the theme to it)
The official website also announced that the "Jiyū no Daishō" theme song will begin playing on the Nippon Broadcasting System radio station's Mu~Comi+ program starting on Friday, 12:00 a.m.

I want to give it a listen since I enjoy the first two attack on titan openings.

Grzi

To be fair, the first 135 episodes of Naruto are better than a lot of the shows that get praise here nowadays, and no, I'm not kidding.
But most of those shows are still better than SAO.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch the third season of SAO when it inevitably happens, but I'll never consider it a good show. The sakuga is just so hard to resist.

Clov

For those interested, Discotek just announced on the latest ANNcast that they have licensed Lupin III: Voyage to Danger, a Lupin special previously released in North America by Funimation.

Jex

Punch Line-fin

The ending was as well animated as I had hoped, I was expecting something on par with episode 11 and while this episode wasn't bad, it also wasn't a showstopper.

This was a very meh finale and show as a whole. Another one to throw on the "Forgettable Mappa show" pile.

Oh yea, you know you're dressed slutty as all hell when even you're boytoy is thinking you're way over the line.

All I'm getting from this review is that it's no Samurai Flamenco. I'm glad I avoided it.

Puruzi

Banned
To be fair, the first 135 episodes of Naruto are better than a lot of the shows that get praise here nowadays, and no, I'm not kidding.
But most of those shows are still better than SAO.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch the third season of SAO when it inevitably happens, but I'll never consider it a good show. The sakuga is just so hard to resist.

http://sakuga.yshi.org/post

cajunator

Banned
Mysterious Girlfriend X ep. 6-END:
tumblr_n4ipzi7lZC1tolzeho1_500.gif

Well GAF, I'm not sure why in the hell this would ever end up on anyone's "top 10 or 25" list. Seriously, there is NO PLOT throughout the 13 episodes other than swapping spit between boyfriend and girlfriend on top of normal H.S events... There is a little bit of character developement in their relationship (very very little), but the story and characters do not move forward until the very last few minutes of the last episode and even then it wasn't a jump forward, it was a baby crawl... So yeah, this was a "unique" one for sure, but damn....

I watched/enjoyed this show because it was pretty unique. It took some risks, although ultimately it never actually went anywhere. It was pretty fascinating though.

Samurai Flamenco episode 6: STATIONARY? his weapons are stationary? AND THEY WORK?
Absolute madness.

Mari flirting with Goto was pretty funny especially when she (rightfully) assumed that Hazama was Goto's lover. Especially at the end where she catches them in a weird position and says "See, I know you were in love with him" haha. More of this please, I live for it.

Flamenco Sapphire is so cute it hurts.

SAMURAI FLAMENCO EPISODE 7:
1078.gif

WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

Aaaaaand there it is.

OK, so which one for the rest of the day along with the new shows airing this afternoon..

- NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them!
- Mashiroiro Symphony
- The Magician's Academy, MA Project
- The Kawai Complex

Just something fun, little RomCom, ecchi, no ecchi, I don;t care, just a decent watch...

NakaImo has some real cuties in it. Sometimes with glasses and cat ears.

Jex

I'm so numb to it I don't really care anymore; I actually find the SAO hate kind of humorous at this point. I mean, SAO is like the Yankees in baseball and the Patriots in football. Everyone is going to hate on them for whatever reason they find fit and make sure everyone knows about it because it's like, the cool thing to do, lol....

I'd just like to highlight that I was lambasting SAO before it was "cool" to do so!

zulux21

I watched/enjoyed this show because it was pretty unique. It took some risks, although ultimately it never actually went anywhere. It was pretty fascinating though.

when i think take risks and fascinating i think hen zemi (tv or ova) though at no point would I consider it good, I also at no point could stop watching it because I wanted to know what they would do next lol

This kind of artwork is a million times more appealing than any of the boob/ass shots we've seen so far in the anime. That applies to the manservice, too.

I am actually for hypersexualizing the content in a show like Soma, it's perfect for it, but damn would the studios (and mangakas) benefit from understanding the principle that less is more (or can be anyways). Well, at least it hasn't been as bad with the last couple episodes.

Lucky for you that is an actual scene, I think this episode too.

=( please tell me there will be a nice easy list to find of all shows getting banned so I don't get banned myself.

There are no banned shows. Just don't jokingly recommend people School Days. Shows like To Love Ru Darkness or Prisma Ilya Star Star Twinkle Zwei Whatever can get you banned if you are stupid!
rip cdig

All I'm getting from this review is that it's no Samurai Flamenco. I'm glad I avoided it.

It's pretty much nothing like Samurai Flamenco so you can't really fault it for that.
Or you could. You could fault a lot of things for being not Samurai Flamenco.

cajunator

Banned
The Tatami Galaxy 01

And here I thought Gatari franchise had sometimes too fast dialogue to follow. Well silly me, from the very first second of this show, you're literally bombarded with dialogue line upon dialogue line, all fired at you with the speed of a gatling gun. With zero, nada, keine breathing space between them. It's pretty much the first time I felt that having to follow subs impaired my comprehension of what is going on the screen. And even when focusing on it, I haven't been able to catch all that dialogue. It's probably a vain hope but I wish they dialed it back a notch.

It's hard for to write more about this episode before rewatching it one or more times but I'm pretty sure I loved it. The visuals in particular were amazing. Out of all weird ass artstyles Yuasa uses for his shows this one is probably my favourite.

Both written by NisioIsin. His works are full of fast paced and lengthy dialogue. Thats his style.

So essentially both are harems, uggh..
I just want to something fun/funny/cute to watch for today. My attention will be fully on Nisekoi, Danmachi and SNAFU soon enough.

Cute and funny? Watch Acchi Kocchi! If you already saw it watch it again!

Cornbread78

Nisekoi S2 END:
OK, why would they end S2 like that? Have they even announced when S3 will be airing? I swear if they do this with SNAFU I am going to go ape $hit..... The episode itself was a good character developement episode for everyone's favorite tsundere chick, but was defiantely lacking the best girl...

For anyone that has followed teh Manga, how long do you think it will take for S3 to be adapted?

Does SAO have flaws? Yes.
Is it still enjoyable to people regardless of said flaws? Yes.

There's definitely a tendency to backlash against the show regardless of the flaws it contains. Other series have similar issues and they do not get the level of posts against them that SAO has. I tend not to take things seriously regarding non-Euphonium shows as people are entitled to their own opinions. It's not going to make the show any more/less popular, so it is what it is.

At least it's not Space Dandy. Ugh. /joke

Edit: If you're in the US, the ticket site for the Love Live movie is up. Not every theatre has them available yet, but it's a list of when/where it'll be screening in the US. I don't know why you'd want to see it, but there you go. /joke

Thoraxes

Nisekoi S2 END:
OK, why would they end S2 like that? Have they even announced when S3 will be airing? I swear if they do this with SNAFU I am going to go ape $hit..... The episode itself was a good character developement episode for everyone's favorite tsundere chick, but was defiantely lacking the best girl...

For anyone that has followed teh Manga, how long do you think it will take for S3 to be adapted?

They could do it right now if they wanted. They're not even really halfway to where the manga is at right now and have like a billion options to adapt the not-main-story chapters too if they really wanted.

zulux21

So essentially both are harems, uggh..
I just want to something fun/funny/cute to watch for today. My attention will be fully on Nisekoi, Danmachi and SNAFU soon enough.

fun, funny, cute...
did someone call for some Hanamaru Youchien

as someone who typically wants to burn most moe things with fire, this show is surprisingly ok to watch lol.

if you do watch it though, don't skip the endings, as each episode has a different ending song, with a different character featured lol.

Midonin

DanMachi 13

The first light novel I read before it became an anime, and by some luck of the draw it happened to become fairly popular. I liked it, and yes, I'm a fan of Hesita and that ribbon. Though as is the case with these shows, I liked the more down-to-Earth moments with Bell and Hestia (and later Lily) interacting with each other more than the big "badass" moments. They're milestones, but they're not the entirety of his character. The RPG-style world was interesting, and the way it mixes together various mythologies was pretty fun. I haven't read the second novel yet, but I will keep buying them. Maybe there'll be a S2 someday, who knows? But as far as fantasy series go, I liked this one. It cut out a lot of the stories of Bell's fights in the dungeon, and focused on what the heart of the story was - Familia.

Arcadius

Banned
OK, so which one for the rest of the day along with the new shows airing this afternoon..

- NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them!
- Mashiroiro Symphony
- The Magician's Academy, MA Project
- The Kawai Complex

Just something fun, little RomCom, ecchi, no ecchi, I don;t care, just a decent watch...

I know it's not this list, but have you seen Non Non Biyori yet? It's fun and most definitely cute! Funny too.

fun, funny, cute...

as someone who typically wants to burn most moe things with fire, this show is surprisingly ok to watch lol.

if you do watch it though, don't skip the endings, as each episode has a different ending song, with a different character featured lol.

YESSSS, I love Hanamaru Kindergarten, love it a ton. Fun, cute and very funny too. The ED's are amazing, as is the OP. Wrote in my review how I was taken back by it.

phaze

You're in for a treat! This is my favorite of Yuasa's works, and if the first episode managed to grab you, you'll be sure to love the rest of it. You'll adjust to the pace of the dialogue soon enough, but the show itself is highly re-watchable anyway; if you do miss more dialogue, going back and watching the series again is a great experience in itself.

Later episodes are way easier to follow. Only the first three episodes or something featured fast dialouge.

Tatami Galaxy is awesome by the way. I had some problems with it. The show peaks too early and the ending was kinda unsatisfying in my opinion. It's still extraordinary though.

Yeah second episode already was much better in this regard. Got 98 % of the dialogue no problem.

The Tatami Galaxy 02

I have this creeping feeling this might be another
timeloop
show. Don't ask me what gave it away. Thankfully didn't notice any note worthy drop in production values, shows still looks stunningly beautiful. At this point, it's rather impossible to speculate in the significance of the recurring plotpoints, the fortuneteller, the promise and the like but the standalone story of the film circle itself was engaging and hilarious.

Had no clue Shinobu, Lal'C, Kusanagi, Hitomi from Escaflowne,Shiki from KnK and now Akashi were all voiced by the same person.

phaze

Both written by NisioIsin. His works are full of fast paced and lengthy dialogue. Thats his style.

!

Really ? I swear I checked wiki for the show earlier and his name didn't register.

EdIt: Wiki seyeth it's from Tomihiko Morimi, author of the Eccentric Family. (I'm gonna need to go back to that show too huh -_-)

Nisekoi: 12
I guess they have to balance out the Onodera with a Chitoge episode. Well, at least these chapters were fleshing out her character.

Grzi

Why should every show have to "go somewhere"?
Sometimes it should be enough to capture a single moment in someone's life and if its presented in a satisfying way why is it necessary for it to cater to some kind of storytelling standard? Why should all stories be the same? Why do you need to experience the same type of story every time? God damn I really hope the DanMachi finale has some sweet sakuga or else I'm gonna flip my shit brehs.

cajunator

Banned

:D
reporting in honor of today: https://twitter.com/Jeffrey_Jue/status/613100063431102464

Really ? I swear I checked wiki for the show earlier and his name didn't register.

No you're right. My mistake. Just similar style. I could have sworn he wrote it.

=( please tell me there will be a nice easy list to find of all shows getting banned so I don't get banned myself.

I dont think you need to worry much.

Rektash

It won't happen as Kyoani simply doesn't have the balls to
change the source material
. Yuri fodder is there to stay but thats it. I would love to be proven wrong though.

It won't happen as Kyoani simply doesn't have the balls to
change the source material
. I would love to be proven wrong though.

The original creator and her publisher would have to approve any potential adaptation of her work. I'm not going to speculate on that, but it wouldn't impact the way the work has been marketed, so I don't see why the staff wouldn't go towards a Kumiko/Reina ending. Ishihara/Hanada have already altered a previous character's romantic interest in a past work, so it's nothing that hasn't been done before.

phaze

Why should every show have to "go somewhere"?
Sometimes it should be enough to capture a single moment in someone's life and if its presented in a satisfying way why is it necessary for it to cater to some kind of storytelling standard? Why should all stories be the same? Why do you need to experience the same type of story every time? God damn I really hope the DanMachi finale has some sweet sakuga or else I'm gonna flip my shit brehs.

Something to ease the pain of waiting.

:p

Rektash

I don't think they could have written themselves into a tighter corner with this.

People are gonne be disappointed, that much is certain.

The original creator and her publisher would have to approve any potential adaptation of her work. I'm not going to speculate on that, but it wouldn't impact the way the work has been marketed, so I don't see why the staff wouldn't go towards a Kumiko/Reina ending. Ishihara/Hanada have already altered a previous character's romantic interest in a past work, so it's nothing that hasn't been done before.

Given how
closely the show has been following the source materiel
I doubt that is going to happen.

cajunator

Banned

Just dont post about School days or gifs from Illya. Or that momo scene from TLRU. You can kind of guess what isnt allowed.

when i think take risks and fascinating i think hen zemi (tv or ova) though at no point would I consider it good, I also at no point could stop watching it because I wanted to know what they would do next lol

Hmm. This looks kind of interesting thanks.

cajunator

Banned
fun, funny, cute...

Hanamaru Kindergarten is legit.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss
even CR is onboard this ship!

DanMachi 13
This was basically an episode of SAO. Right down to the Gary Stu protagonist taking down a floor boss with a broken unique ability.

Mandelbo

Hen Zemi OVA was more entertaining imo. It's been a while since I watched it, but I distinctly remember there being more boring moments in the TV series than in the OVA. Perhaps it's because of the more bite-sized nature of the OVA, meaning that its entirety is completely outrageous as opposed to just most of it like the TV series. I dunno, I'd have to watch them again to form more coherent thoughts on them.

It did lead me to make this gif though :p

o8nDJKG.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom