• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

lol
Other than ED, what's the most notable thing they covered?
They covered rather serious topics like grief and depression with their usual style of humor, but also things that would be seen in doujins like exhibitionism, vouyerism and stalking.

I thought the one about self-confidence and how people react to compliments was interesting... but I'm also a fan of any episode that features Himeru, because of my love for most things Mayayan.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm expecting a shitty ass cliffhanger

Hype intensifies

The summary on the fanlation blog leaves me personally disappointed, but it also makes sense. Oh well. lol

They covered rather serious topics like grief and depression with their usual style of humor, but also things that would be seen in doujins like exhibitionism, vouyerism and stalking.

I thought the one about self-confidence and how people react to compliments was interesting... but I'm also a fan of any episode that features Himeru, because of my love for most things Mayayan.
Is exhibitionism or vouyerism a medical disorder?

That's not a good sign. Dammit, Crunchy's simucasts have spoiled me. I need to watch SNAFU as soon as possible.

FUCK I DIDN'T READ THIS. SHIT. WE ARE ALL DOOMED.

^ Yup. Staying up for this

FUCK

NOO

I've been left with a really big void inside. Damn, I hadn't felt like this in a looong time. That feeling of having watched something really good and have a craving for more until the story feels complete. Damn it, SNAFU is my call for anime of the season, if not of the year (in case something else comes in the next 6 months that can equal or surpass it). Gotta say, if they are teasing for a season 3 or OVAs or anything, and then end up not doing it after two years maximum, I'm gonna fly myself to Japan and start a freaking riot.
Now what am I suppoused to watch? Damn it SNAFU. I guess I'll just start watching Game of Thrones or Daredevil or Hannibal, as some friends have suggested, or maybe Euphonium as it seems many here like it.

I'm expecting a shitty ass cliffhanger

"Hiki it's either me or Yukinon".

"Hikaya-kun we don't have all day".

He's standing in the middle sweating. Looks profusely at Yui, then Yukino, opens his mouth and then:

MI0000694975.jpg

The true SNAFU begins...

I've been left with a really big void inside. Damn, I hadn't felt like this in a looong time. That feeling of having watched something really good and have a craving for more until the story feels complete. Damn it, SNAFU is my call for anime of the season, if not of the year (in case something else comes in the next 6 months that can equal or surpass it). Gotta say, if they are teasing for a season 3 or OVAs or anything, and then end up not doing it after two years maximum, I'm gonna fly myself to Japan and start a freaking riot.
Now what am I suppoused to watch? Damn it SNAFU. I guess I'll just start watching Game of Thrones or Daredevil or Hannibal, as some friends have suggested, or maybe Euphonium as it seems many here like it.
This was exactly how I felt with season one... It's gonna happen again. Every year surfing message boards, using google translate on Japanese websites to see if I can find out anything about a next season... Shit.

Narag

telling someone to read the source material instead because it's quicker and better is a perfectly valid answer

Seriously. If someone asked if they should watch the Hobbit movies, I'd probably just buy them a copy of the book instead.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Going from SNAFU to Game of Thrones is like going from caviar to canned tuna.

Seriously. If someone asked if they should watch the Hobbit movies, I'd probably just buy them a copy of the book instead.
If someone asked you what order you should watch Star Wars in, would you tell them to read the Star Wars comic books instead?

ETOTAMA - 12
i've watched it TWICE and it's a Freakinbg awe'some finale.

I forgive you chu-tan , you're actually ok

Dat animation , what an awesome finale , you guys freakling saved the goods for the last ep.

Still not seeing takeru usefullness aside from being the perfect sol/lul delivery service , but i'm fine with it.

it was really a great finale.. i can't help but sing praises of it.

etotama12.gif

Taking friendship clues form nanoha.....

10/10 anime , season 2 when ???

Shit man now I'm hyped and no matter what happens I'm gonna be so upset there won't be any new SNAFU for a few more years. WHY YOU SO GOOD. I liked S1 but LOVED S2. S2 really took the show to glorious heights.

I should have learned Japanese in high school damnit. Why didnt I embrace my inner weeb back then? Cant import Fire Emblem, can't read SNAFU LN's when they drop. Fuck life man.

wouldnt be surprised if that was exactly how it ended.

Did you catch up?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
According to the show, if you do it often enough, it can be!
I almost want to know how they say you are supposed to deal with being an exhibitionist or a voyeur. lol

But they're nothing alike.
It's a question of quality!

Shit man now I'm hyped and no matter what happens I'm gonna be so upset there won't be any new SNAFU for a few more years. WHY YOU SO GOOD.

I should have learned Japanese in high school damnit. Why didnt I embrace my inner weeb back then? Cant import Fire Emblem, can't read SNAFU LN's when they drop. Fuck life man.
They get summarized quickly and fully translated relatively quickly given that it's a single guy doing them.

cajunator

Banned
ETOTAMA - 12
i've watched it TWICE and it's a Freakinbg awe'some finale.

I forgive you chu-tan , you're actually ok

Dat animation , what an awesome finale , you guys freakling saved the goods for the last ep.

Still not seeing takeru usefullness aside from being the perfect sol/lul delivery service , but i'm fine with it.

it was really a great finale.. i can't help but sing praises of it.

10/10 anime , season 2 when ???

Its so good desu desu

This was exactly how I felt with season one... It's gonna happen again. Every year surfing message boards, using google translate on Japanese websites to see if I can find out anything about a next season... Shit.

I actually remember forgetting about this show after I watched season 1. I had no idea the story was even in consideration to be continued. It was a huge surprise to me seeing season 2 pop up and remembering how much I liked the first season.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Let's think about the positives right? If things end up badly, with the anime as popular as it is, a season 3 is a sure lock to give it a nice ending. Right? That's positive!

May be a movie, K-On, Haruhi, Spice and Wolf are super popular at the time, but all we got is two seasons and a movie.

--------------

Think positive! At least Summer 2015 is going to be great!

Non Non Biyori S2, Fate/kaleid, Gatchaman S2, Monster Girl, Aquarion, and prison school....

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Shit man now I'm hyped and no matter what happens I'm gonna be so upset there won't be any new SNAFU for a few more years. WHY YOU SO GOOD.

The anime boom was some dark times my friend.

"Hikaya-kun we don't have all day".

He's standing in the middle sweating. Looks profusely at Yui, then Yukino, opens his mouth and then:

The true SNAFU begins....

I will personally go to glorious nippon and punch the director in the face if this happens

The summary on the fanlation blog leaves me personally disappointed, but it also makes sense. Oh well. lol

Aw damnit T_T

IThey get summarized quickly and fully translated relatively quickly given that it's a single guy doing them.

Ah ok. Are the translations good quality?

May be a movie, K-On, Haruhi, Spice and Wolf are super popular at the time, but all we got is two seasons and a movie.

--------------

Think positive! At least Summer 2015 is going to be great!

Non Non Biyori S2, Fate/kaleid, Gatchaman S2, Monster Girl, Aquarion, and prison school....

NNB2 will be some much needed healing. Cant wait.

The anime boom was some dark times my friend.

No bro it was totally sugoi

I actually remember forgetting about this show after I watched season 1. I had no idea the story was even in consideration to be continued. It was a huge surprise to me seeing season 2 pop up and remembering how much I liked the first season.

Hyouka and SNAFU are like... My shows. My love for these 2 cannot be put into words.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
wow all that "trolololol watch the new episode that's not out yet it broke my heart!" vaguely spoiler shit is annoying as fuck

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd tell them to watch 4/5/6 then wikipedia the rest.
I'd tell them to start with JJ Trek.

Ah ok. Are the translations good quality?
They're fine: https://kyakka.wordpress.com/

I mean, the thing with light novels is that you have no idea if they're well written unless you can read Japanese. But the translations are good in terms of being readable while presumably maintaining some of the original's tone and literary flourishes.

They're fine: https://kyakka.wordpress.com/

I mean, the thing with light novels is that you have no idea if they're well written unless you can read Japanese. But the translations are good in terms of being readable while presumably maintaining some of the original's tone and literary flourishes.
I am going to try my best not to look inside after the anime ends. Now that you posted the link though it's gonna be really hard...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
wow all that "trolololol watch the new episode that's not out yet it broke my heart!" vaguely spoiler shit is annoying as fuck
I don't mind, but that's really because unless you know literally nothing about the books, you can pretty much predict the ending of this series.

That's the real problem of anime adaptations as marketing material. I can't think of a contemporary anime adaptation that went off the rails entirely and didn't bother following the manga/novels.

I am going to try my best not to look inside after the anime ends. Now that you posted the link though it's gonna be really hard...
I will say, the dude was kind enough to hide all his summary of the finale "after the jump", so that you won't get spoiled even if you click it.

kewlmyc

Yeah, the SNAFU translations are mostly well done. Sometimes they throw in some questionable lingo, but the latest novel translations are solid. Almost professional.

Hyouka and SNAFU are like... My shows. My love for these 2 cannot be put into words.

I guess I should keep watching Hyoku. I left it on halt after the ghost in the springs hotel episode. Wasn't because I didn't like it, but other things came up at that time (started watching it long after it had ended)

Wasn't trying to be annonying, I just couldn't wait for the episode to get translated and watched it anyways. Had to come here to let go some steam after it, I was in some serious need of commenting.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not saying no one should comment on the early translation. Vaguely hinting at whatever is in the translation that literally no one can watch or read is kinda annoying.

I will say, the dude was kind enough to hide all his summary of the finale "after the jump", so that you won't get spoiled even if you click it.

Yeah, the SNAFU translations are mostly well done. Sometimes they throw in some questionable lingo, but the latest novel translations are solid. Almost professional.
I am gonna bookmark this account for the future.

I'm not saying no one should comment on the early translation. Vaguely hinting at whatever is in the translation that literally no one can watch or read is kinda annoying.
The raw unsubbed is out in the wild already though

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A better way to phrase that for the purposes of maintaining the illusion of propriety in this thread is to say that it aired in Japan and that we all have satellites that pick up Japanese channels.

jman2050

I remember when Jacen was just a bratty kid who trained to be a Jedi and liked animals and shit or whatever and not some all powerful Sith Lord who kills Luke's wife and gets impaled by his sister.

I remember when Jacen was just a bratty kid who trained to be a Jedi and liked animals and shit or whatever and not some all powerful Sith Lord who kills Luke's wife and gets impaled by his sister.

Spoilers !!
Dammit guys ..i'm just about to figure dark vader true identity ..i bet it's luke twin brother !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom