• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
You kinda always wonder who the guy is who runs to update people's wikipedia bios, when they die.

given how uhh… out there wikipedia editors/contributors are it wouldn't surprise me if there's some talk section called obituary watch where they all race to be the first to edit

Cornbread78

Mysterious Girlfriend X ep. 6-END:
tumblr_n4ipzi7lZC1tolzeho1_500.gif

Well GAF, I'm not sure why in the hell this would ever end up on anyone's "top 10 or 25" list. Seriously, there is NO PLOT throughout the 13 episodes other than swapping spit between boyfriend and girlfriend on top of normal H.S events... There is a little bit of character developement in their relationship (very very little), but the story and characters do not move forward until the very last few minutes of the last episode and even then it wasn't a jump forward, it was a baby crawl... So yeah, this was a "unique" one for sure, but damn....

Razmos

Samurai Flamenco episode 6: STATIONARY? his weapons are stationary? AND THEY WORK?
Absolute madness.

Mari flirting with Goto was pretty funny especially when she (rightfully) assumed that Hazama was Goto's lover. Especially at the end where she catches them in a weird position and says "See, I know you were in love with him" haha. More of this please, I live for it.

Flamenco Sapphire is so cute it hurts.

SAMURAI FLAMENCO EPISODE 7:
1078.gif

WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

Samurai Flamenco episode 6: STATIONARY? his weapons are stationary? AND THEY WORK?
Absolute madness.

Mari flirting with Goto was pretty funny especially when she (rightfully) assumed that Hazama was Goto's lover. Especially at the end where she catches them in a weird position and says "See, I know you were in love with him" haha. More of this please, I live for it.

1078.gif

WHAT JUST HAPPENED.
Welcome to Samurai Flamenco

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 30

Well that RetributionShipping moment was hilarious, she is much better for Jack than Mikage ever will be. Its no Kingcrabshipping but still good way to develop Jack and get him to get stronger again.

Crow with the Blackwing deck was funner than I imagined. In the games it made him seem like the weak bestfriend but he can really do well on his own here. Cant wait for the tag duel next episode.

Cornbread78

OK, so which one for the rest of the day along with the new shows airing this afternoon..

- NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them!
- Mashiroiro Symphony
- The Magician's Academy, MA Project
- The Kawai Complex

Just something fun, little RomCom, ecchi, no ecchi, I don;t care, just a decent watch...

Well GAF, I'm not sure why in the hell this would ever end up on anyone's "top 10 or 25" list. Seriously, there is NO PLOT throughout the 13 episodes other than swapping spit between boyfriend and girlfriend on top of normal H.S events... There is a little bit of character developement in their relationship (very very little), but the story and characters do not move forward until the very last few minutes of the last episode and even then it wasn't a jump forward, it was a baby crawl... So yeah, this was a "unique" one for sure, but damn....

In fact the relationship wasn't just stagnant like in many anime or manga but it even went into the opposite direction.

Also the OVA isn't worth watching if you didn't like the main series.

Cornbread78

In fact the relationship wasn't just stagnant like in many anime or manga but it even went into the opposite direction.

Also the OVA isn't worth watching if you didn't like the main series.

Yeah, I'm not sure how they ran this series for 13 episodes with no plot whatsoever. There is no build up, progression or anything to it...

Arabesque

OK, so which one for the rest of the day along with the new shows airing this afternoon..

- NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them!
- Mashiroiro Symphony
- The Magician's Academy, MA Project
- The Kawai Complex

Just something fun, little RomCom, ecchi, no ecchi, I don;t care, just a decent watch...

Out of those, Mashiroiro Symphony is the better show.

Mandelbo

- NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Us!

This one is basically just ecchi. It's about a guy who enrols in a formerly all-girls school. He meets a number of girls but has to hold back from seducing them because one of them is his sister, and having an incestuous relationship would be bad for his reputation.

I dropped it after a few episodes, but you could give it a go if you're after something ecchi. I don't think there's actually any romance in it.

phaze

The Tatami Galaxy 01
And here I thought Gatari franchise had sometimes too fast dialogue to follow. Well silly me, from the very first second of this show, you're literally bombarded with dialogue line upon dialogue line, all fired at you with the speed of a gatling gun. With zero, nada, keine breathing space between them. It's pretty much the first time I felt that having to follow subs impaired my comprehension of what is going on the screen. And even when focusing on it, I haven't been able to catch all that dialogue. It's probably a vain hope but I wish they dialed it back a notch.

It's hard for to write more about this episode before rewatching it one or more times but I'm pretty sure I loved it. The visuals in particular were amazing. Out of all weird ass artstyles Yuasa uses for his shows this one is probably my favourite.

Defuser

Absolute madness.

1078.gif

WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

I can't wait for you to reach
NANOMACHINES SON!!

Cornbread78

Out of those, Mashiroiro Symphony is the better show.

This one is basically just ecchi. It's about a guy who enrols in a formerly all-girls school. He meets a number of girls but has to hold back from seducing them because one of them is his sister, and having an incestuous relationship would be bad for his reputation.

I dropped it after a few episodes, but you could give it a go if you're after something ecchi. I don't think there's actually any romance in it.

So essentially both are harems, uggh..
I just want to something fun/funny/cute to watch for today. My attention will be fully on Nisekoi, Danmachi and SNAFU soon enough.

Arabesque

So essentially both are harems, uggh..
I just want to something fun/funny/cute to watch for today. My attention will be fully on Nisekoi, Danmachi and SNAFU soon enough.

In Mashiroiro, the male lead
does end up with someone
so it's sort of that to a point.

Though I don't know about it being fun or funny, it can be cute/decent if you keep your expectations low.

Though I'd recommend just paying attention to Nisekoi/SNAFU, personally.

Grzi

You like SAO, right?

Clov

The Tatami Galaxy 01

And here I thought Gatari franchise had sometimes too fast dialogue to follow. Well silly me, from the very first second of this show, you're literally bombarded with dialogue line upon dialogue line, all fired at you with the speed of a gatling gun. With zero, nada, keine breathing space between them. It's pretty much the first time I felt that having to follow subs impaired my comprehension of what is going on the screen. And even when focusing on it, I haven't been able to catch all that dialogue. It's probably a vain hope but I wish they dialed it back a notch.

It's hard for to write more about this episode before rewatching it one or more times but I'm pretty sure I loved it. The visuals in particular were amazing. Out of all weird ass artstyles Yuasa uses for his shows this one is probably my favourite.

You're in for a treat! This is my favorite of Yuasa's works, and if the first episode managed to grab you, you'll be sure to love the rest of it. You'll adjust to the pace of the dialogue soon enough, but the show itself is highly re-watchable anyway; if you do miss more dialogue, going back and watching the series again is a great experience in itself.

yeah, and? I'd love to hear your comparison if you have one, lol.
Bet you he's gonna say something along the lines of "SAO has no plot trolololol" :p heard it way too many times

Here we go!

Key visual for Suzaki Nishi

http://suzakinishi.tv/

I'm pretty sure this is also going to be shorts, but now I finally have info on every show I'm watching this season.
Those blushies on their knees look like they both had one heck of a fall.

Cornbread78

Bet you he's gonna say something along the lines of "SAO has no plot trolololol" :p heard it way too many times

I'm so numb to it I don't really care anymore; I actually find the SAO hate kind of humorous at this point. I mean, SAO is like the Yankees in baseball and the Patriots in football. Everyone is going to hate on them for whatever reason they find fit and make sure everyone knows about it because it's like, the cool thing to do, lol....

Jintor

I'm so numb to it I don't really care anymore; I actually find the SAO hate kind of humorous at this point. I mean, SAO is like the Yankees in baseball and the Patriots in football. Everyone is going to hate on them for whatever reason they find fit and make sure everyone knows about it because it's like, the cool thing to do, lol....

damnit corn i swear to god lol

Puruzi

Banned

People hate on SAO because it isn't good, not because it's cool to hate on it.

Rektash

Well, I finally watched Euphonium up to ep 12. The yuri bait pains me as it makes me realize that kyoani would probably be able to pull of a same sex love story splendidly - yet at the same time I don't think that'd ever happen.

Overall I think Euphonium is quite inconsistant as far as pacing goes. There have been really boring as well as absolutly fantastic episodes. Last kyoani show I watched was Hyouka and while that show had quite a few boring episodes as well I never felt they were quite as boring es Euphoniums slower episodes. At the same time I don't think Hyoukas highs felt as good as Euphoniums. Euphonium just has lower lows and higher highs I guess. The first couple episodes felt especially weak.

Oh well, I am enjoying it overall~

I suppose from that viewpoint, Marnie would definitely succeed over Inside Out (again, I haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't really tell).

My argument was basically that Inside Out basically has a bigger charm to it with the little comedic moments it has here and there. Like, are there any scenes in Marnie that one could find to be funny in any way? What little details and quirky moments does it have? The drama might be more genuine than Inside Out, but does it have any moments that break the tension at all?

Inside Out I feel nails that balance between light-hearted comedy and drama, the way a good Pixar movie should. It takes advantage of the world it created and comes up with a bunch of funny little jokes kids and adults can laugh at. Like
the gum commercial jingle popping out of nowhere, the facts and opinions boxes, Anger's newspapers,
and many other things.

Basically, my point was that the two of them, while both sharing similar themes, feel like separate entities. From what I've seen, if I wanted something that focuses more on drama, I'd watch Marnie. If I wanted something that balances comedy and drama, I'd watch Inside Out.

I'm not saying Marnie is a worse film if it has no quirky moments here and there, maybe it does. I'm just saying that Inside Out's cleverness with comedy regarding the mental world really separates it from Marnie in terms of how it can appeal to a wider audience.

Then again, I haven't seen Marnie yet, so I'll probably understand your point better when I do.

Certainly if you're looking for humor, Marnie is not the film you want. There are light-hearted moments in it - it's not unrelentingly dour or anything of the sort - but it doesn't have the sort of goofy jokes Inside Out sprinkles throughout its runtime. I can certainly see why Inside Out would appeal to more people, especially to the typical family audience for animated films. Marnie isn't a film that you can easily bring young children to - they'll likely just be bored. Still, I don't consider that appealing to a wider audience makes one film superior to another. And I do suspect, though of course I have no emperical evidence on the matter, that Marnie will be the film that resonates more with those who have gone through strong bouts of depression and loneliness. At least it was that way with me.

To be fair though, these are critics whose opinions I've learned to respect and trust, even if I don't necessarily agree with them.

I can assure you that the comparison of Inside Out to Key stories is rather an unfair one.

The Tatami Galaxy 01

Later episodes are way easier to follow. Only the first three episodes or something featured fast dialouge.

Tatami Galaxy is awesome by the way. I had some problems with it. The show peaks too early and the ending was kinda unsatisfying in my opinion. It's still extraordinary though.

sonicmj1

Sounds more like two-time NeoGAF AOTY Top Ten show Kill La Kill to me.

Directed by 2010 NeoGAF AOTY-winning director Hiroyuki Imaishi.

Razmos

Samurai Flamenco episode 8 and 9: Now that I've recovered from that bombshell, this is getting really quite interesting.

I love how it is parodying the sentai genre.

Don't have much more to say other than noooo Goto, you love him, don't let it enddd
And WTF at the BDSM themed villains, lol.

Cornbread78

How do these SAO moments/comments keep popping up at me when I say nothing about it? hmm..

That's it, I'm taking my frustration to twitter. The world will know my rage!

Besides that; there is another anime that touched me in many more ways than SAO could even imagine to.. SAO was just my first and I connected to it in a way I wasn't expecting to at all so there will always be that. With that being said, there is another anime that is actually on top of my own MAL profile as my #1 and there is no way it could ever be topped.

tumblr_mydu6slBi31sbfe6eo5_r2_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nhr6uuo8qI1qkol2d.gif

I can't even post gifs of my favorite parts of it because of spoilers and all of that, but based on my life where I was, what I went through and what I see everyday, this anime translates best to my real world emotions. Once you hit episode 16 until the end, the story is a whirlwind of emotions some good some bad, some overbearing at times, but those emotional reactions to what I was whitnessign cannto be replaced and I honestly wouldn't want them to be.

Razmos

The idea that SAO "touched" anyone is truly baffling to me. It's about as shallow as a plot can get.

Source: I watched it.

Arcadius

Banned
The idea that SAO "touched" anyone is truly baffling to me. It's about as shallow as a plot can get.

Source: I watched it.

Now now, let him be. Anime affects everyone differently, if he was touched by SAO for any reason at all, I think that's pretty great, regardless of the opinions that most people have for it.

Cornbread, it's all good, don't let it get to you.

Note: Personally never watched SAO, but this ragging is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom