• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I tried to fix the OP, but I can't copy paste the formatting from OT1

The patented KyoAni squee engine.
It starts like dokidokidokidoki-squuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEsempaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (to full power like a jet engine)

Also in today:

I really enjoyed the redone VA-work that the cast talked about in an intro video at the US theater showings. I thought it was much better done. There were a few new things added too, though not much.

Awesome! Man yoiu got it really late though! I got mine last Thursday!
Wonder why you got yours so lat cause usually it beats my shipping time?

Does anyone really want a movie starring Mayaka?

Literally any of the other girls would be better; Mami, Kyouko, Green-hair chan, Yuno, Miyako, Sae...

No but I would like a movie starring Misaki Sawakiguchi.

KyoAni & Animation Do event http://kyoanido-event.com

KyoAni knows whats up!
Those 4 look great together!

Thoraxes

Awesome! Man yoiu got it really late though! I got mine last Thursday!
Wonder why you got yours so lat cause usually it beats my shipping time?

Memorial day and free shipping didn't mix too well. So it shipped Tuesday day, but the post offices had an extra day of stuff to get through. Since I used the free option, my order was low priority, and well, yeah.

Does anyone really want a movie starring Mayaka?

tumblr_mm4v41RRzG1qmouyyo1_500.gif

You can never go wrong with more Mayaka.

cajunator

Banned
Memorial day and free shipping didn't mix too well. So it shipped Tuesday day, but the post offices had an extra day of stuff to get through. Since I used the free option, my order was low priority, and well, yeah.

aww. Well at least you got it yeah!
Im hugely impressed with Pony Canyon so far.
Both series releases have been fantastic quality.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
madoka movie 3 rebellion or whatever
oh. it was a very simple and incomplete story told in a roundabout fashion. someone should have just said this is beautiful dreamer made by dum dums.

So wait, you're saying it's worse than 0083?
There are bad gundam shows... and there is gundam age , an anime that doesn't deserve to be called a gundam show

So yeah , gundam AGE is at the absolute bottom .. uber trash ..i want my viewing time back . I want a time traveller me to prevent me from watching this show so i can be better.

best kyoani series unrepresented

not surprising

You're right ! where's chidori ?

jgminto

Bojack Horseman

Fuck Shinji, Fuck Homura, Fuck Ghoul DeMasque. This is soul crushing depression done better, without any contrived circumstances for the hole they've found themselves in. Bojack is a gross, selfish pig of a horsebeing that you can't help but follow down a path of drugs, rejection and bad life decisions. The first two or so episodes are weak but once the focus shifts from hit and miss comedy to Bojack's fucked up life the show really hits its stride. Watch this, cleanse your soul.

Sakura

Owari no Seraph #9
This show is better when it is actually following the manga. Every time it tries to do anime original stuff, it is rubbish, and I don't know why they keep doing it.
In the manga you have like, a handful of panels of guys shooting arrows at helicopters. The end.
In the anime it's this drawn out scene which culminates in the vampires flying a plane into a wall. It looks stupid as all hell because a) They don't try shooting any arrows at the plane as it slowly flies at them, they just stand there. b) For a plane carrying a load of explosives it sure is a weak ass explosion. c) The vampires just walk out of the plane they literally flew into a wall without so much as a bit of dust on their clothes.
Then you have this stupid ass anime original scene where a helicopter attacks the lorry they are riding in, and they are dodging/blocking bullets and the whole time you're thinking, where the hell is Youichi? Why doesn't he just shoot it down? Finally someone tells him to take it out and he is just like OK and takes it out with ease. What were you doing this whole time??

I know that there isn't a ton of manga out so they need some filler maybe, but whoever is directing it is doing a poor job.

Narag

Bojack Horseman

Fuck Shinji, Fuck Homura, Fuck Ghoul DeMasque. This is soul crushing depression done better, without any contrived circumstances for the hole they've found themselves in. Bojack is a gross, selfish pig of a horsebeing that you can't help but follow down a path of drugs, rejection and bad life decisions. The first two or so episodes are weak but once the focus shifts from hit and miss comedy to Bojack's fucked up life the show really hits its stride. Watch this, cleanse your soul.

3RpPz89.jpg

Cornbread78

Holy $hit at these feels from Little Busters Refrain. I have no clue WTF is going on, but damn man, just damn.. So confused... . The music and moments...

cajunator

Banned

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hyouka Episode 2:

So instead of fighting crime our mystery detective club focuses on the most boring logic problems imaginable, good to know.

Hyouka Episode 2:

So instead of fighting crime our mystery detective club focuses on the most boring logic problems imaginable, good to know.

Uh oh. This is not gonna end well lol.

The show is about the character interactions and growth more than the problems they face. There's a couple of good mysteries in there, but it's how they solve them that makes the show fun to watch.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka Episode 2:

Yeah thats the problem I had with the first half. Too many incidences of the most insipid "mysteries" imaginable. But the next few episodes explore Sekitani Jun and the whole Hyouka thing so that was ok. Then it gets really boring again till the movie arc.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

The show is about the character interactions and growth more than the problems they face. There's a couple of good mysteries in there, but it's how they solve them that makes the show fun to watch.

Yea, not really seeing anything special about any of these characters yet. In fact, Hōtarō Oreki is already starting to grate on the nerves.

cajunator

Banned
Yea, not really seeing anything special about any of these characters yet. In fact, Hōtarō Oreki is already starting to grate on the nerves.

I wish the show would have delved more into Misaki's character. Shes really genki and a bit of an oddball and you will likely hate her.

Yeah. The interactions are what make Hyouka something special. Do you remember one of the later episodes which is just
Houtarou and Chitanda sitting in a room talking?
The fact that even that episode was super interesting and engaging just shows how good Hyouka is.

I wish the show would have delved more into Misaki's character. Shes really genki and a bit of an oddball and you will likely hate her.

I liked all the side characters. It was always fun to see them pop up once in a while after their initial introduction.

Clov

For those who are interested, the Otaku no Video Blu-Ray kickstarter has opened. They're almost halfway to the goal already!

Yeah. The interactions are what make Hyouka something special. Do you remember one of the later episodes which is just
Houtarou and Chitanda sitting in a room talking?
The fact that even that episode was super interesting and engaging just shows how good Hyouka is.

I liked all the side characters. It was always fun to see them pop up once in a while after their initial introduction.

Yup I remember and you are right. It also helps that this is one of the prettiest shows out. As for your second point I totally agree, unlike Euphonium like I mentioned last week, all of the characters felt distinct and all looked different. In Euphonium I sometimes find it difficult to remember who is who, and more often than not I get it wrong. It would be amazing if we some day got a season 2 or even just movie for Hyouka, I feel like there's still so much that they could do with it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yup I remember and you are right. It also helps that this is one of the prettiest shows out. As for your second point I totally agree, unlike Euphonium like I mentioned last week, all of the characters felt distinct and all looked different. In Euphonium I sometimes find it difficult to remember who is who, and more often than not I get it wrong. It would be amazing if we some day got a season 2 or even just movie for Hyouka, I feel like there's still so much that they could do with it.

I actually respect Euphonium more in this regard because they are taking on the ambition of doing an anime about a concert band and thus have to deal with a cast of about roughly 60 people and that is not easy to juggle in the best of times. Also, Koyto Animation isn't cheaping out here either, they have given everybody in the band a unique character look.

Why do yall like Mayaka seriously? shes a complete bitch and an elitist.
There is nothing remotely likeable about her.
I enjoyed Mayaka significantly more than everyone else in the main cast.

I probably wouldn't have even watched the show if she wasn't in main cast.

Well I've already established there's nothing to gain from taking Cajun's opinion on anything Hyouka serious, but Shard, keep going for 3-4 episodes and if you don't think the characterization is strong, just stop watching because it's clear you'll get nothing out of it in that case.

It would be amazing if we some day got a season 2 or even just movie for Hyouka, I feel like there's still so much that they could do with it.

There's only one book that hasn't been animated yet if I recall correctly so we'll have to wait a while for a completely new season. A movie would be nice and could totally work but someone in this thread told me a few weeks ago that Hyouka licensing is a complete mess so that's also out of the picture. For now at least.

It's a shame though because I don't like the current ending.
Felt like a tease.

Why do yall like Mayaka seriously? shes a complete bitch and an elitist.
There is nothing remotely likeable about her.

Elitist? That's stretching it a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom