• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

You're killing me Smalls! I guess I'm just going to have to pull something from my queue and watch it since thete is so much crap on my list, lol. What about DearS?

Or I'll just watch the rest of Little Busters Refrain since it's addictive as hell. We finally have our first couple of the show and it's perfect, however, they were the best
childhood friends
so we all know how that works out in anime, but they are cute and can learn together.

wonzo

Banned
What's crabcore, you made that up
I don't know what that is, but I agree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDzt6yI3Dw8

creepin5luhm.gif

Say what you want about the anime because it's absolutely shit and butchered, but the manga is nothing like that crap.

Seriously though fuck Studio Pierrot, they had to go and make the manga seem like some emo Linkin Park shit. They even made Kaneki seem like some Sasuke wannabe loner which he's totally isn't. The manga is good damnit.

I dunno it's kinda emo at times. So many ghoulie teenagers, not enough Touka

I dunno it's kinda emo at times. So many ghoulie teenagers, not enough Touka

But most of the cast aren't even teenagers especially the CCG. The cast is filled with adults and the MC is a College student as well. Plus
if you've been cannibalising Ghouls at a constant rate I doubt you'd be sane.

Honestly the only character I will admit that is completely edgy is
Urie
, but even then he's a joke.

Anko

Wow, Madoka Movie 1 is the show, to the letter.

Seems a little shameless, but oh well. Glad I won't miss much. I'll just skim to the key moments to see how they changed.
Watch movie 1 for the new music.

Watch movie 2 for kyouko. She gets the biggest power up, probably thanks to having a certain line of hers being voted most memorable. And the music (thank Kajiura). Rage at the sound director for replacing Nux Walpurgis with Decretum.

I believe they also changed some lines. I only remember Kyouko's (what, I'm biased) changes in the alleyway with Sayaka. Changed my impression somewhat. The Seiyuu also re-recorded their lines for the movies so go appreciate the differences. Music choice also changed the feel of the scenes. Some for the better, some not.

But most of the cast aren't even teenagers especially the CCG. The cast is filled with adults and the MC is a College student as well. Plus
if you've been cannibalising Ghouls at a constant rate I doubt you'd be sane.

Honestly the only character I will admit that is completely edgy is
Urie
, but even then he's a joke.

Shit I forgot Kaneki and Touka were in college at the start LOL

Wait, only Kaneki was in College. Weird that he's older then her

Jarmel

Banned
Black Rock Shooter-8 [fin]

You know what, I was willing to roll with the show. Despite the earlier episodes smelling as rancid as roadkill left in the Georgia heat, that doesn't preclude the show from finishing strong. Episode 7 had given me hope that the show might just go full on action, leaving me somewhat satisfied.

It's only fitting then that the finale was so fucking dull as a final "fuck you" to me. The action was pretty limp-dicked and the suffering wasn't delicious enough for me to go all Cartman on the tears. Where do I begin? The episode starts off with Yuu beating IBRS's ass, forcing Strength to commit suicide. Or at least try to.
16926125_Clk0N.png

Accurate portrayal of the attempted suicide.
This somehow knocks Mato out of Black Rock Shooter and into a separate form of herself. Ok. Whatever. At least I get my Black Rock Shooter vs. Black Rock Shooter fight that I didn't really want but am willing to accept anyway. Wait...
Oh for fuck's sake. She isn't even going to fight? Imaishi you really gonna halfjob me here? Mato then has some stupid epiphany moment about blue skies. If I was actually trying to analyze the work, I would say that Mato has decided to take on the emotions of other people and instead of drowning in them, will instead use them to lift her to new heights. Okada is using colors as a symbolic way of representing relationships and the burdens both parties carry. Too bad Mato needed to get the everlasting shit beat out of her in order to realize this hamfisted metaphor derived in this contrived scenario. I suppose the notion of moderation is a hard concept to grasp.
q0NsYty.jpg

fly you fucking bird fly damn you
So Mato decides that she doesn't want to be more pasty than she already is and does a spirit bomb rainbow cannon. Well this bit should be cool right? I mean Yoshinari already did a similar showstopper for the Lagann-hen movies.
Oh boy time to get hype. All that suffering is about to pay off. The girls are praying to their god Meduka Mato to save them from the evil of BRS.
Wait that's it? What? I waited X amount of minutes for this? There's no long fight sequence afterwards or cool animation bit (even in CGI)? I didn't even get an epic music piece. Some girl chanting doesn't automatically make good hype music. I would say that I expected more out of Mori, but that would be lying. Come on!

*deep breath*

Ok, whatever. Strength is dying from Okada-itis and despite the alter-egos being able to revive, it's being painted as some truly tragic moment. Strength gives a final speech almost worthy of Trinity's in Matrix Revolution.
Now see this is some bullshit. This doesn't make a lick of fucking sense in the context of the narrative nor of the actions on the part of the alter-egos. The only one who demonstrated anything resembling a personality was Strength and BRS. The rest looked about as self-aware as my socks. Not to mention Black Rock Shooter loved you so much Mato that she was willing to beat you to damn near death. You heard it here first! True love isn't eating someone else's shit, it's making you eat your own shit. Thank you Okada for these words of wisdom. This highlights one of the flaws of the series in that many of the fights were boring because the participants in them were so dull. It's like watching a silent film filled with puppets slamming into each other for however amount of minutes. The most intriguing fight in the TV series was when the two participants actually had emotion. When both parties are engaging each other emotionally, it helps give a fight weight and contextuality. Anyway Real Yuu gets punted back into the normal world like the unwanted child that she is.
zwxlUW8.jpg

Teenage girls can also float.
Huh? How is she the same age as Mato? lol wut? I think we discovered immortality here. All you need to do is switch sides with your alter-ego for X number of years. Kyubey was right, we need to start harvesting teenage girls and milking their tears. Mato makes up with Yomi as if their relationship was an afterthought, despite you know the show wasting the first four episodes on it. Happy endings all around blah blah blah. There's some trite garbage at the end about BRS continuing to fight, I guess as a way for someone to milk this cow down the road. Of course it raises the question about why these girls have to fight in the first place, but I don't think Okada gave enough of a shit to figure that out.

So here comes the big question, would I recommend this to my friends and you my fellow readers?

Yes. Absolutely yes. Why? Because friends that bleed together, proceed together. Besides the Trigger stans should watch this for the Imaishi storyboarding anyway. It's not on sakugabooru so no out for you there.

oh and
1ctlbfb.jpg

neogaf.jpg

Kyousougiga Episode 6

Ovs5yJS.jpg

This scene was pretty beautiful.

It was nice getting some of Myoue's backstory. Finding out
that he was dead but then was revived by Sensei was a bit shocking.
Though it all makes sense on why he wanted
Koto to kill him now.
I'm really in love with direction especially towards that scene where you see the seasons changing and the camera focusing on Myoue's interactions with his new family, it was pretty heartwarming. Anyways it seems the siblings are fighting which then eventually lead to Koto getting swallowed by the giant robot.

To my surprise the
Mom finally arrived; the one person everyone's looking for.
I wonder what's gonna happen here on out because looking at the preview something seems odd.

ibyea

Banned
Black Rock Shooter-8 [fin]

You know what, I was willing to roll with the show. Despite the earlier episodes smelling as rancid as roadkill left in the Georgia heat, that doesn't preclude the show from finishing strong. Episode 7 had given me hope that the show might just go full on action, leaving me somewhat satisfied.

It's only fitting then that the finale was so fucking dull as a final "fuck you" to me. The action was pretty limp-dicked and the suffering wasn't delicious enough for me to go all Cartman on the tears. Where do I begin? The episode starts off with Yuu beating IBRS's ass, forcing Strength to commit suicide. Or at least try to.

This somehow knocks Mato out of Black Rock Shooter and into a separate form of herself. Ok. Whatever. At least I get my Black Rock Shooter vs. Black Rock Shooter fight that I didn't really want but am willing to accept anyway. Wait...

Oh for fuck's sake. She isn't even going to fight? Imaishi you really gonna halfjob me here? Mato then has some stupid epiphany moment about blue skies. If I was actually trying to analyze the work, I would say that Mato has decided to take on the emotions of other people and instead of drowning in them, will instead use them to lift her to new heights. Okada is using colors as a symbolic way of representing relationships and the burdens both parties carry. Too bad Mato needed to get the everlasting shit beat out of her in order to realize this hamfisted metaphor derived in this contrived scenario. I suppose the notion of moderation is a hard concept to grasp.

So Mato decides that she doesn't want to be more pasty than she already is and does a spirit bomb rainbow cannon. Well this bit should be cool right? I mean Yoshinari already did a similar showstopper for the Lagann-hen movies.

Oh boy time to get hype. All that suffering is about to pay off. The girls are praying to their god Meduka Mato to save them from the evil of BRS.

Wait that's it? What? I waited X amount of minutes for this? There's no long fight sequence afterwards or cool animation bit (even in CGI)? I didn't even get an epic music piece. Some girl chanting doesn't automatically make good hype music. I would say that I expected more out of Mori, but that would be lying. Come on!

*deep breath*

Ok, whatever. Strength is dying from Okada-itis and despite the alter-egos being able to revive, it's being painted as some truly tragic moment. Strength gives a final speech almost worthy of Trinity's in Matrix Revolution.

Now see this is some bullshit. This doesn't make a lick of fucking sense in the context of the narrative nor of the actions on the part of the alter-egos. The only one who demonstrated anything resembling a personality was Strength and BRS. The rest looked about as self-aware as my socks. Not to mention Black Rock Shooter loved you so much Mato that she was willing to beat you to damn near death. You heard it here first! True love isn't eating someone else's shit, it's making you eat your own shit. Thank you Okada for these words of wisdom. This highlights one of the flaws of the series in that many of the fights were boring because the participants in them were so dull. It's like watching a silent film filled with puppets slamming into each other for however amount of minutes. The most intriguing fight in the TV series was when the two participants actually had emotion. When both parties are engaging each other emotionally, it helps give a fight weight and contextuality. Anyway Real Yuu gets punted back into the normal world like the unwanted child that she is.

Huh? How is she the same age as Mato? lol wut? I think we discovered immortality here. All you need to do is switch sides with your alter-ego for X number of years. Kyubey was right, we need to start harvesting teenage girls and milking their tears. Mato makes up with Yomi as if their relationship was an afterthought, despite you know the show wasting the first four episodes on it. Happy endings all around blah blah blah. There's some trite garbage at the end about BRS continuing to fight, I guess as a way for someone to milk this cow down the road. Of course it raises the question about why these girls have to fight in the first place, but I don't think Okada gave enough of a shit to figure that out.

So here comes the big question, would I recommend this to my friends and you my fellow readers?

Yes. Absolutely yes. Why? Because friends that bleed together, proceed together. Besides the Trigger stans should watch this for the Imaishi storyboarding anyway. It's not on sakugabooru so no out for you there.

oh and

My condolences.

Shit I forgot Kaneki and Touka were in college at the start LOL

Wait, only Kaneki was in College. Weird that he's older then her

Kaneki in the beginning definitely looked like he was in Highschool, though after the timeskip
Haise/Kaneki looks like a real adult imo.
I guess it has to do with the suit.

cj_iwakura

Madoka Magica Rebellion

Wow, uh... that's kind of a resolution, I guess.

You could cut the yuri overtones with a butter knife, yeesh. Shipper's paradise.

Arcadius

Banned
Toradora!

Episode 2 - 13

So, a lot has happened already. Meeting of Ami Kawashima, getting to know Taiga better, Ryuuji better, more faces to Kushieda. It seems very complex to be honest. Ami seems very cruel, but at the same time, I feel bad for her because she doesn't actually fit in anywhere, she's the odd one out. The episode in the summer home really drove this point in; I'm also beginning to understand what she means when Kushieda will burn Ryuuji out and Taiga clings too hard to him.

I hope that Taiga and Ryuuji become a thing though, I can't help but feel like that's not how it's going to end up, but goodness do I believe they make a great pair.

Seeing both Kushieda and Ryuuji want to win the culture festival race was incredibly heart warming and the way they did it, my eyes tear up from that stuff, beautiful and I'm glad that Ryuuji realized how he messed up, unfortunate that it happened to begin with, but maybe he'll learn a bit more on how to judge a character.

Taiga's father though,
what a despicable human being and it hurt so much to watch Taiga have to experience that type of crap again, made me tear up it did.
The story is only getting more complex now and this weird love angle mix thing is going to either crash hard or get launched into the stratosphere of great relationships.

Still love Taiga, absolutely love her and I think she's incredible. Ami is a great mix of personalities to spice the show up and Kushieda is a wild bag with which I can't wait to see more about her; seeing as how whatever she went through or is going through or whatever has caused her to be the way she is, is not easy.

Either way, I'll finish this tomorrow, night everyone!

Gundam AGE > Gundam Build Fighters

SYNTAX ERROR

I don't post much these days ( witcher 3 is the cause ) , but statement like this are the reason to bring me back.

Despite what some might tell you , gundam age is the WORST of the gundam franchise..it's a big ball of shit. Many gundam series have problems , but gundam AGE is the only anime gundam that didn't even try. There is NOTHING , i mean NOTHING worth mentionning in gundam AGE. The plot is dull , because of the characters , the time skip within the generation skips ..the characters are horrible morons of the higest degree and the only perso worth a damn dies in the middle of the show leaving the trainwreck crash beautifully making the maximum damage.

That is gundam AGE.
The music is forgettable, the gundam design are pathetic. ( to think that turn A gundam got shat one for his design during the day , when they aren't bad..and gundam Age exist. ) The vilain is terrible , a joke.. there is no pay-off to the build-up and you can see the death flag appearing several episodes before the characters EVEN appear in the show.. that takes work.

Half the cast doesn't even need to be there.. and the remaining half are making terrible decision on-screen or off-screen. Worse they actually focused on dull characters ON PURPOSE !! what a sin..

GUNDAM AGE is Bad , it's an arrow that missed the target , and got reflect back in your balls , and you're bleeding , it hurts ..and everyone is laughing at you.. ( times 50).

GUNDAM AGE IS BAD. BAD ..BAD BAD BAD

Narag

Those Who Hunt Elves 2

Yeah thinking back the second episode always worked out better than the first. I can't remember if I ever watched past the second or third. Guess I'll have to keep watching to find out.

Cornbread78

Little Busters Refrain ep. 3-6:
I'm so engrossed and so lost in this story at the same time. I really have lost sight of everything going on around Rikki, Rin, Kyousake, Kengo and Masato right now. Everyone else they had join the Little Busters
Has now vanished, plus Kyousake has God like abilities?
seriously, that last scene when Riki and Rin
ran away together to get away from Kyousake was full of feels when they got caught
I have to finish this tomorrow morning now, there is no way around it. Maybe it's just his
narcolepsy
and this is all a dream, who knows, but I need answers dammit.

Stage On

GUNDAM AGE IS BAD. BAD ..BAD BAD BAD

Yeah Age wasn't very good but at least you can follow the plot and the characters actually speak and act comprehensibly most of the time unlike Reconguista in g which is looks pretty but is complete nonsense.

The best Gundam in recent years is the Build Fighters spinoffs. It's not perfect by any means but since they don't have to worry about characters actually dying during the fights they can get really intense.

Really wish they would give Gundam The Origin a complete series instead of just an couple ova episodes that cover the flashback volumes. Don't get me wrong the Gundam movie trilogy set is still one of the best parts of the entire franchise but it's still pretty dated.

Getting it done with Modern production values would be a huge boon similar to how Space Battleship Yamato was redone from scratch for Space Battleship Yamato 2199.

"Boobs, Butts, and Twintails?"

Hahahhahaha Anime Expo's descent into lewdness just keeps increasing. I can't believe it and this is my 4th year going. So cringy it's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom