• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Those Who Hunt Elves 3

zNxnpABl.png

There was a school bus that had a bomb to be disarmed but this is magical elf land and I don't even fucking know.

Stage On

thats y g-reco owns tho

urg G-reco is the only Gundam so far that I had the urge to drop several episodes in. I should have followed my instincts on that since I forced myself to plow thought week after week and it was an utter waste of time.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
urg G-reco is the only Gundam so far that I had the urge to drop several episodes in. I should have followed my instincts on that since I forced myself to plow thought week after week and it was an utter waste of time.

blasphemy against our lord and savior Tomino-sama~

G-Reco was something that I personally enjoyed, but I can't really fault someone for not enjoying it. You really have to have a specific frame of mind to really appreciate that certain blend of Tomino.

But the first half of the show was genuinely really good. It's only towards the end where you really needed to just accept the batshit insanity of Tomino.

What other show features a girl running around trying to pull at a GENIUS'S hair in the middle of a serious bridge conversation? Or the main character pooping in his Gundam? Or someone wanting a spacesuit for her pet fish? Yeah, that's what I thought.

I liked the first half but everything after Towasanga was complete nonsense

Raraiya's mental health was like the opposite of what the show currently was

Also reminds me I should watch Hyouge Mono sometime.

You should, it's great.

K (End)

As a rewatch, it was a lot more understandable and enjoyable for it. I still didn't feel like the conflict between the Reds and Blues wasn't as well done as it could have been, especially since most of the plot was given to Shiro's gang. Animation really started dying off in later episodes too, which was a lot more apparent being able to marathon it. Still got me hyped for S2 though.

Uchouten Kazoku 3-13(End)

This, on the other hand, was really good. Surprisingly good, considering how I was barely interested after the first episode. What a heartwarming story. Frogbro best tanuki, that seiyuu really is good at doing pathetic voices.

Stage On

G-reco is better then Char's Counterattack, still the worst Gundam thing I've seen

I'm still debating if G-Reco or GBF Try were better in my head

Eh I don't like Char's Counter attack much either. It has way too much focus on really bad characters like Quess when it should have taken more time to explain how Char got to the point he was at the end of Zeta where he was one of the good guys to him wanting to drop an asteroid on the earth.

G-Reco was something that I personally enjoyed, but I can't really fault someone for not enjoying it. You really have to have a specific frame of mind to really appreciate that certain blend of Tomino.

But the first half of the show was genuinely really good. It's only towards the end where you really needed to just accept the batshit insanity of Tomino.

I'm not too sure about the first half either. They use way too much terminology that they never bother to stop and explain in enough detail.

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 18

Time to finally meet sensei. The Princess of Flowers is simple, though I suppose that's to be expected of a children's book. Not sure what's so inspiring about it, but whatever. It was totally about that bird, not the princess though. Not sure an ambiguous ending fits this, but her choice. Twilight finally justifies her villain status. Puts those lowly peasants in their places. She really is the only princess in the cast. Though I guess you could argue that Minami is as close to being a princess as one can be in modern Japan. Her pity line and overall speech gave her a bit of actual depth. Good for her. New attack was meh. The old one hadn't gotten boring yet. Don't see the importance of the author becoming the principal.

Jarmel

Banned
"Boobs, Butts, and Twintails?"

Hahahhahaha Anime Expo's descent into lewdness just keeps increasing. I can't believe it and this is my 4th year going. So cringy it's hilarious.

Yea I'm not going this year. This is the worst guest list they've had in over a decade if not their worst one ever. I'm just gonna have to eat the $400 I sunk into this shit.

What's that in reference to?

Literally nothing. It's most likely a panel dedicated to boobs, butts, and Twintails and their fanbases. It's 18+ so you can only imagine how horrible it's gonna be.

Yea I'm not going this year. This is the worst guest list they've had in over a decade if not their worst one ever. I'm just gonna have to eat the $400 I sunk into this shit.

Gotta a ticket as a Christmas gift and the hotel is only gonna be $100. But you're right. It's utter trash so far. Also, last year was a disaster organization wise and it's only gonna get bigger. I don't have much confidence in things going smoothly.

Thoraxes

We shall see, I am skeptical of the hype.

It doesn't live up to it at all, really.
So, is there any redeeming factor in watching To LOVE-Ru?
or should I just finish the last 3 seasons of The Familiar of Zero first?

Yabuki da gawd at his craft is all you need. One of the all-time greats, he ascended beyond humanity to achieve greatness only one as enlightened, in such the manner he was, can achieve.

cajunator

Banned
Also best character
ecjCbXI.gif

I sense a bias :)

Still watching Gasaraki as I manage to get to Episode 11 right now. I can start to see why people don't like the show as the pacing is very slow. Still pushing forward as I don't mind the slow pace show. Love the mecha scene as they try to make it look realistic which look fine.

Also, wondering if it's worth it to buy Ghost Stories DVD. Saw a sample clips on it and kinda want to take a bite of it.

Yeah Im glad youre enjoying it but it was waaaaaaaaaay too slow for me. I dont hate it entirely because I respect what it was trying to do but man that pacing is ridiculous.

Thanks guys for saying that Netflix has the Madoka movies available. Should I just watch Rebellion if I've already seen the series?

Yes Rebellion is the only really new part of it. The other movies are a remake of the original story and is literally mostly the series redrawn to make it look prettier.

cajunator

Banned
So, is there any redeeming factor in watching To LOVE-Ru?

20-To-Love-Ru-%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%A2-Saki-Hasemi-%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A-Kentaro-Yabuki.jpg

list_640px.jpg

(Only clean picks I could find.)

or should I just finish the last 3 seasons of The Familiar of Zero first?

Yes. So many cuties!
Also yes you should finish Familiar of Zero first. Its a much better show.

Wow, Madoka Movie 1 is the show, to the letter.

Seems a little shameless, but oh well. Glad I won't miss much. I'll just skim to the key moments to see how they changed.

Thats why we tell people to just watch movie 3. Unless you really want to see the series with prettier dressing, then skip to movie 3 to see the new goods.

Thoraxes

Also in today:

Thats why we tell people to just watch movie 3. Unless you really want to see the series with prettier dressing, then skip to movie 3 to see the new goods.

I really enjoyed the redone VA-work that the cast talked about in an intro video at the US theater showings. I thought it was much better done. There were a few new things added too, though not much.

cajunator

Banned
Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda. x meiji chocolate CM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHiSln70qZM

This...this is so adorable. I cant handle it..
yeah I can handle this

Should I just take TLR of my MAL? Maybe I should just experience Elfin Lied instead..

Great, I was scrolling through my MAL at work looking for something to watch tomorrow, lol. The first season of The Familiar of Zero was pretty fun and it has a great VA, too bad she is a tsundere biotch so far, well, most of the time.

Hehehe..elfen Lied. Yes experience that :3

A better idea would be to not watch both of those and watch Gundam Build Fighters instead. It's available for free on Gundaminfo's Youtube channel!

You know, this is probably the best suggestion. Just watch season 1 of GBF. The second one sucks. The first one has China and Aila and is superior in all aspects.

SYNTAX ERROR

I don't post much these days ( witcher 3 is the cause ) , but statement like this are the reason to bring me back.

Despite what some might tell you , gundam age is the WORST of the gundam franchise..it's a big ball of shit. Many gundam series have problems , but gundam AGE is the only anime gundam that didn't even try. There is NOTHING , i mean NOTHING worth mentionning in gundam AGE. The plot is dull , because of the characters , the time skip within the generation skips ..the characters are horrible morons of the higest degree and the only perso worth a damn dies in the middle of the show leaving the trainwreck crash beautifully making the maximum damage.

That is gundam AGE.
The music is forgettable, the gundam design are pathetic. ( to think that turn A gundam got shat one for his design during the day , when they aren't bad..and gundam Age exist. ) The vilain is terrible , a joke.. there is no pay-off to the build-up and you can see the death flag appearing several episodes before the characters EVEN appear in the show.. that takes work.

Half the cast doesn't even need to be there.. and the remaining half are making terrible decision on-screen or off-screen. Worse they actually focused on dull characters ON PURPOSE !! what a sin..

GUNDAM AGE is Bad , it's an arrow that missed the target , and got reflect back in your balls , and you're bleeding , it hurts ..and everyone is laughing at you.. ( times 50).

GUNDAM AGE IS BAD. BAD ..BAD BAD BAD

So wait, you're saying it's worse than 0083?

Mandelbo

I actually quite liked the Elfen Lied manga. It helped that it had an actual ending rather than the non-ending of the anime, even if there were a few dubious explanations to some of the plot threads
so to stop more Dicloni being born, they banned the entire planet from having babies for half a year? Yeeeeah, sure :p

The OP is also brilliant no matter what the quality of the show itself is.

cajunator

Banned
Huh, so basically the movie and the TV show is exactly the same except for one or two things probably.

Yeah pretty much. The differences were music and background changes.

You're killing me Smalls! I guess I'm just going to have to pull something from my queue and watch it since thete is so much crap on my list, lol. What about DearS?

Or I'll just watch the rest of Little Busters Refrain since it's addictive as hell. We finally have our first couple of the show and it's perfect, however, they were the best
childhood friends
so we all know how that works out in anime, but they are cute and can learn together.

DearS is entertaining. A lot of these terrible shows I have on DVD lol. Although DearS is legit funny and cute. Its also very fanservicey but compared to some recent shows its tame.

My condolences.

Like willingly jumping into a lake of lava

This one:
D-Fragments on Hulu
Check out D-Fragments on Hulu!
http://hulu.com/s/ggq

Comedy?

DFrag is AWESOME. I just started watching it after getting the blurays. The characters are absolutely insane. Like certifiably crazy.

What other show features a girl running around trying to pull at a GENIUS'S hair in the middle of a serious bridge conversation? Or the main character pooping in his Gundam? Or someone wanting a spacesuit for her pet fish? Yeah, that's what I thought.
G Reco must get pretty damn bad if the first half is the good part.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does anyone really want a movie starring Mayaka?

Literally any of the other girls would be better; Mami, Kyouko, Green-hair chan, Yuno, Miyako, Sae...

cajunator

Banned
Those Who Hunt Elves 1

I forgot how cheap looking this show is. Still kinda funny though :lol

Oh man. Memories of this show. Used to watch it with anime club. It was a favorite.

Those Who Hunt Elves 3

There was a school bus that had a bomb to be disarmed but this is magical elf land and I don't even fucking know.

Youre making me want to rewatch it now lol. Both seasons. Dont do this to me!

They're looking for lost spell fragments tattooed on elves to get them back to Japan!!

man. anime today sure is nothing but trashy fanser- wait a minute..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom