• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibyea

Banned
tumblr_n7pe20ueZ01rsfepao1_500.gif

Haly just reached despair event horizon guys.

lonely

Sound Euphonium 9
You know, I don't think I will ever be able to like Midori. In contrast I have come to like Hazuki a lot and her boldness in talking and confronting issues is refreshing.

This episode was surprisingly calm for an audition episode. There were nice moments sprinkled throughout, like Asuka going nuts and that Reina and Kumiko pep talk, but nothing I would call tense. It was sad though knowing that some people couldn't get in despite practicing really hard, like that other Euphonium girl I forgot the name of.

I just call her Evangelion chan because of the fact hers eyes are purple with green highlights.

Euphonium 09

Asuka goes into robot mode.

And do the auditions are done. Kinda sad for those who didn't make it since they seemed too have practiced so hard.
Hazuki had only started recently so I guess it was kind of expected. First she gets rejected and now this though.She just can't catch a break, I feel like on the next episode she might break or something.
Also,
seems like they will be pursuing the romantic thing with Shuichi after all aren't they.

cajunator

Banned
Hestia is the worstia. She's like a C-tier even in her own series.

Honestly I think its just because she has boobs. Thats like the only thing that seems to sell her character. I mean shes fun and energetic and I like those characters, but Lili has more adorable potential and Syr is way more elegant and sweet. My main gripe with Hestia is her stupid design. Shes really really plain. Especially her outfit, which has zero thought put into it. Just a torn up looking rag. Its terrible.

Hibike! Euphonium - 09

Hmm that was almost a bit disappointing. I felt some tension because I care for the characters but the direction felt rather weak and I'm not surprised to read that this episode director is among KyoAni's weakest directors then. I would've been a bit happier if more time was allocated towards the audition and the drama post mortem drama of the failed confession felt unnecessary, at least when you instead cut this important stepping point in the story short.

Story-wise I'm really glad that Hazuki didn't make it. Sorry, but a complete newbie won't make it with that kind of competition in so little time unless she's naturally talented.

Hestia is the worstia. She's like a C-tier even in her own series.
Honestly I think its just because she has boobs. Thats like the only thing that seems to sell her character. I mean shes fun and energetic and I like those characters, but Lili has more adorable potential and Syr is way more elegant and sweet. My main gripe with Hestia is her stupid design. Shes really really plain. Especially her outfit, which has zero thought put into it. Just a torn up looking rag. Its terrible.
tumblr_nnpkau4Qwc1unbsixo2_500.gif

YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID.

If they do, I'm writing this show off.

Come on it wouldn't be that bad. I don't know why people are so mad about it. Sure we don't get a lot of character exposition, but that's because of the cast's size. We know fully well that they grew together and were very good friends.

Arcadius

Banned
Toradora!

So.... this was amazing. Finished up 13-25 in terms of episodes so I can write the review now.

To put it bluntly, I still have tears on my face. Taiga... and Ryuuji... just incredible.

The story about high school kids in love with one another. It's more than just a love triangle and the feelings given and received throughout is nothing short of incredible.

Putting the story aside for a bit, I can begin with everything else. The OP and ED's used are amazing and really capture Toradora!. The art style is neat and the proportions for many scenes are extended outward and give this huge length appeal to it. Simple gestures such as hands reaching outwards feels different in Toradora! than in other anime. The way the characters were drawn is great and the eyes, man the eyes in Toradora! is so wildly different! The colors aren't pastel and brightly colored, but more subdued and "real". On-top of that, I love how Ryuuji was made to look like, it really was great seeing such a different look for a gentle and kind MC.

The characters are all brilliant, even if Ami was a bit too cryptic with what she tried to say. Taiga is, quite honestly, fantastic; selfish, but rather amazing none-the-less. Kushieda Minori, I'm glad I was able to experience her hidden emotions better; like Ami, she too, was very cryptic using other subjects to inject her feelings in. Ryuuji, for having to go through what he did, I feel like he handled the situations in a good manner, even if they did get incredibly complex and loopy. I can't forget Aisaka either, a mother to Ryuuji, but her development during the last episodes was really needed, although the situation placed upon her was hard to handle, she's pretty great.

I wish Ami would have been more upfront
with her feelings
, I feel so sad for her, she really was the odd one out.

I didn't know what I was going to watch when I was recommended this anime, I expected it to be something truly depressing and sad, but it's not that at all. For the most part, it's up-beat, happy and wildly funny. Though there were many scenes, especially towards the end, when my eyes would fill with water or I would have tears fall down my face.

The last episode.....
So being naïve and gullible, I honestly expected Taiga to stay with Ryuuji and get married. I believe they make an amazing couple. The scenes before things went down made it really seem like she wanted to stay and be with Ryuuji. When we see Ryuuji read the note, I was so sad, it hurt to watch and the damn waterworks, my goodness. It's sad to think about it as I write this down! . I believe, that even though the ending is left in a slightly open fashion, Taiga and Ryuuji do get together. I can't help but feel like that's what the characters themselves would do. Taiga, as brave and ridiculous as she can be, I don't believe she is a shining star all alone, heck no, she's not alone and Ryuuji will always be there for her. The way they do the fake marriage and the kissing that transpires, so incredible.

In the end, Toradora! is fantastic, I truly think this. I think the cast of characters we follow are incredible and the story between them is well done. The art style used is easy to watch, even with scenes that include weird proportions. The music is on point and the comedy is really funny, when there is comedy to be had. I won't forget about this one at all, because Taiga and Ryuuji, they really are fantastic.... just so damn fantastic.

cajunator

Banned
tumblr_nnpkau4Qwc1unbsixo2_500.gif

YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID.

Come on it wouldn't be that bad. I don't know why people are so mad about it. Sure we don't get a lot of character exposition, but that's because of the cast's size. We know fully well that they grew together and were very good friends.

Hestia quit your bawling and put on some damned clothes.

DEATH™

Toradora!

So.... this was amazing. Finished up 13-25 in terms of episodes so I can write the review now.

To put it bluntly, I still have tears on my face. Taiga... and Ryuuji... just incredible.

The story about high school kids in love with one another. It's more than just a love triangle and the feelings given and received throughout is nothing short of incredible.

Putting the story aside for a bit, I can begin with everything else. The OP and ED's used are amazing and really capture Toradora!. The art style is neat and the proportions for many scenes are extended outward and give this huge length appeal to it. Simple gestures such as hands reaching outwards feels different in Toradora! than in other anime. The way the characters were drawn is great and the eyes, man the eyes in Toradora! is so wildly different! The colors aren't pastel and brightly colored, but more subdued and "real". On-top of that, I love how Ryuuji was made to look like, it really was great seeing such a different look for a gentle and kind MC.

The characters are all brilliant, even if Ami was a bit too cryptic with what she tried to say. Taiga is, quite honestly, fantastic; selfish, but rather amazing none-the-less. Kushieda Minori, I'm glad I was able to experience her hidden emotions better; like Ami, she too, was very cryptic using other subjects to inject her feelings in. Ryuuji, for having to go through what he did, I feel like he handled the situations in a good manner, even if they did get incredibly complex and loopy. I can't forget Aisaka either, a mother to Ryuuji, but her development during the last episodes was really needed, although the situation placed upon her was hard to handle, she's pretty great.

with her feelings

I didn't know what I was going to watch when I was recommended this anime, I expected it to be something truly depressing and sad, but it's not that at all. For the most part, it's up-beat, happy and wildly funny. Though there were many scenes, especially towards the end, when my eyes would fill with water or I would have tears fall down my face.

The last episode.....
So being naïve and gullible, I honestly expected Taiga to stay with Ryuuji and get married. I believe they make an amazing couple. The scenes before things went down made it really seem like she wanted to stay and be with Ryuuji. When we see Ryuuji read the note, I was so sad, it hurt to watch and the damn waterworks, my goodness. It's sad to think about it as I write this down! . I believe, that even though the ending is left in a slightly open fashion, Taiga and Ryuuji do get together. I can't help but feel like that's what the characters themselves would do. Taiga, as brave and ridiculous as she can be, I don't believe she is a shining star all alone, heck no, she's not alone and Ryuuji will always be there for her. The way they do the fake marriage and the kissing that transpires, so incredible.

In the end, Toradora! is fantastic, I truly think this. I think the cast of characters we follow are incredible and the story between them is well done. The art style used is easy to watch, even with scenes that include weird proportions. The music is on point and the comedy is really funny, when there is comedy to be had. I won't forget about this one at all, because Taiga and Ryuuji, they really are fantastic.... just so damn fantastic.

I hate it when you mention the OP and ED alot and forget about Toradora's best soundtrack.

Arcadius

Banned
DEATH™;166191767 said:
I hate it when you mention the OP and ED alot and forget about Toradora's best soundtrack.

Honestly, sometimes I'm so into things I forget that there are other sounds to be experienced =(, don't hate me. It's an amazing song, everything about Toradora! is amazing, and thanks for the song, I'm crying again.

DEATH™

Honestly, sometimes I'm so into things I forget that there are other sounds to be experienced =(, don't hate me. It's an amazing song, everything about Toradora! is amazing, and thanks for the song, I'm crying again.

Good, now watch Golden Time...

Arcadius

Banned
DEATH™;166192883 said:
Hey, Cornbread liked Golden Time, and I liked it too, so why not? He has to at least see 2D-kun!

Dont ruin his enjoyment of anime just yet.

I'll take a look at for sure! I don't believe my enjoyment of anime can be ruined. Though, you'll have to wait a little bit, up next is Clannad and ~After Story~, if that really hits hard (which I feel it will), I'll need to watch some cheerful stuff, maybe echhi related or happy cute girls doing cute things.

is the last episode of UBW 1 hour?

Unlikely. Both Gunslinger Stratos and Plastic Memories have 13 episodes, which puts their finales on 6/27, the same day UBW ep 25 airs. The following week starts the summer season, so it's unlikely an episode 26 will run that week.

cajunator

Banned
DEATH™;166192883 said:
Hey, Cornbread liked Golden Time, and I liked it too, so why not? He has to at least see 2D-kun!

Well he would like Koko. Koko is a goddess who is just stuck in a terrible show.

DEATH™

I'll take a look at for sure! I don't believe my enjoyment of anime can be ruined. Though, you'll have to wait a little bit, up next is Clannad and ~After Story~, if that really hits hard (which I feel it will), I'll need to watch some cheerful stuff, maybe echhi related or happy cute girls doing cute things.

Dude...

You sure? At this rate you will be depressed.

Oh well, watch Anohana after...

Well he would like Koko. Koko is a goddess who is just stuck in a terrible show.

You can always blame everything on Ghost Banri

Arcadius

Banned
DEATH™;166193699 said:
Dude...

=(... Don't... Don't say that! I will persevere through all the sad and happy that anime can offer. I mean, most people here have seen this stuff right, I don't think they're depressed.

Most recommendations I accept, for there is a time and place to watch these things!

Get your tissues ready. I'm still healing from watching this a few weeks ago. Not so much the original, but After Story? Good lord.

TUSR

Banned
Unlikely. Both Gunslinger Stratos and Plastic Memories have 13 episodes, which puts their finales on 6/27, the same day UBW ep 25 airs. The following week starts the summer season, so it's unlikely an episode 26 will run that week.

ive been wanting to write a serious reply to your first post in this thread for a few days now

cajunator

Banned
DEATH™;166193699 said:
Dude...

You can always blame everything on Ghost Banri

And blame it I do!

=(... Don't... Don't say that! I will persevere through all the sad and happy that anime can offer. I mean, most people here have seen this stuff right, I don't think they're depressed.

Most recommendations I accept, for there is a time and place to watch these things!

Dude I marathoned Saikano and Now and then Here Or there and Im still a happy person.
(dont marathon Saikano or NTHT)

Cornbread78

Hestia quit your bawling and put on some damned clothes.

Toradora!

with her feelings

Yeah, initially I was really pissed at the last 10 mins of the episode, I felt forsaken, but after watching it a few times and reading other's analysis of it, I'm come to appreciate it more and understand what the director was doing. However, he is still a bastard, and I got really super pissed at that letter though, breaks your heart right then and there....

Nowe in regards to Ami. Ryuugi called her out on her behavior and was right the whole time. Although, she was the only one whe really knew what was going on the entire time. I mean, she called the whole thing really early and beat them about it. for someone so attentive and instinctive to details, she was unable to share her own, which was unfortuante. It was defiantely a great series though...

Dont ruin his enjoyment of anime just yet.
DEATH™;166192883 said:

It will be fine. Golden Time was not as bad as you guys made it out to be and was a crazy emotional ride those last few episodes. I lost my mind completely though. I do wonder if he has watched Clannad or Angel Beats though? And yeah, 2DKun is a mans man for sure. He should have been getting his own 3D chick..

MSMrRound

Euphonium 09

I like the little touch where Hazuki realized she was about to bump into her crush while exiting the train and smoothly turned around and dashed for the other door, while waving goodbye to Kumiko.

I kind of wanted Kyoani to focus more on the audition part of the show...nuuuu ponytail-senpai!!! T_T

Was a pretty okay episode and I expected a tenser atmosphere, but as others pointed out, it was really a weaker episode, especially when we are coming off last week's wonderful episode.

javac

Every time I hear people say Golden Time I think of Golden Boy and think "that's not too bad, looks like a great show" and then remember oh right its something else entirely. I'm not very good with names.

Arcadius

Banned
However, he is still a bastard, and I got really super pissed at that letter though, breaks your heart right then and there....

Now in regards to Ami. Ryuugi called her out on her behavior and was right the whole time. Although, she was the only one whe really knew what was going on the entire time. I mean, she called the whole thing really early and beat them about it. for someone so attentive and instinctive to details, she was unable to share her own, which was unfortuante. It was defiantely a great series though...

That's the thing Ami knew everything immediately, taking a passive/passive-aggressive stance sure is weird.

When the scene pops up and the letter is for Ryuuji, you're absolutely right, heart was broken and then seeing him at school. I have to stop thinking about it, stuff hurts and my eyes, damn it, full of water again.

DEATH™

Yeah, initially I was really pissed at the last 10 mins of the episode, I felt forsaken, but after watching it a few times and reading other's analysis of it, I'm come to appreciate it more and understand what the director was doing. However, he is still a bastard, and I got really super pissed at that letter though, breaks your heart right then and there....

Nowe in regards to Ami. Ryuugi called her out on her behavior and was right the whole time. Although, she was the only one whe really knew what was going on the entire time. I mean, she called the whole thing really early and beat them about it. for someone so attentive and instinctive to details, she was unable to share her own, which was unfortuante. It was defiantely a great series though...

It will be fine. Golden Time was not as bad as you guys made it out to be and was a crazy emotional ride those last few episodes. I lost my mind completely though. I do wonder if he has watched Clannad or Angel Beats though? And yeah, 2DKun is a mans man for sure. He should have been getting his own 3D chick..

Yeah he's just about to watch Clannad.

While he's at it, make him watch that, Anohana, Angel Beats, Golden Time and more to destroy his soul. Then rebuild him by watching Nisekoi and Saekano, even Golden Boy Dub. Eventually he'll become one of us mwahahahahahahhaha

Cornbread78

Only one of them has a dumb ghost though.

Only towards the end was it used as a "ghost" the rest of the time, it was just used the reference his
lost memories and that's all
which is why I didn't mind it other than that one scene which made it feel out of place. The rest of it is defiantely worth the watch though!

DEATH™;166196807 said:

While he's at it, make him watch that, Anohana, Angel Beats, Golden Time and more to destroy his soul. Then rebuild him by watching Nisekoi and Saekano, even Golden Boy Dub. Eventually he'll become one of us mwahahahahahahhaha

LOL, I've actually watched everything you just mentioned other than Anohana, isn;t that one just about depair, lol. Crunchy just got rid of it too... I now know I've watched too much!

If he watches Clannad, he has to knwo to marathone the After Story from ep.15-END. There is no other way to watch it if he wants to survive.... I can;t wait for S2 of Saekano so we can get the proper ending we almost saw in Ep.0, lol

Arcadius

Banned
DEATH™;166196807 said:

I thought I was already one of you...

Only towards the end was it used as a "ghost" the rest of the time, it was just used the reference his
lost memories and that's all
which is why I didn't mind it other than that one scene which made it feel out of place. The rest of it is defiantely worth the watch though!
That was his plan all along!!

Jokes aside it is enjoyable. I already said it, the ending was the only thing that I didn't enjoy much because it just seemed so rushed.

If he watches Clannad, he has to knwo to marathone the After Story from ep.15-END. There is no other way to watch it if he wants to survive....
I followed his advice on this and I too recommend that you watch it in one sitting for the full impact.

Arcadius

Banned
If he watches Clannad, he has to knwo to marathone the After Story from ep.15-END. There is no other way to watch it if he wants to survive.... I can;t wait for S2 of Saekano so we can get the proper ending we almost saw in Ep.0, lol

I was going to ask about this, thanks for answering my unasked question! =)

Is there a female word for "bromance"? Because that what Euphonium is. Aside from last episode there isn't much romantic undertones between the girls but more...whatever the female word for "bromance" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom