• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baalzebup

Actually, that thread is kinda scary.

Also from the first page said:
meh...I'll stick with Naruto and Bleech

I mean, some people still do this to this day. Well, wait for the Bleach anime to start again and watch Naruto fillers. And there are people hating on Scrapped Princess there. Anime-Kraze was still active. Weird. I still remember that time, but... shit. It really has been a long time.

adixon

Some great recommendations, I would like to add Samurai Flaminco to the list of must watch. One of my favourite shows in the recent years.

I'm going to check this one out finally. Seen so many reviews so all over the place about it, my curiosity has finally reached the tipping point.

Oh yea, first OP all the way. It's liek Yona of the Dawn, the first orchastrated OP was great, then they changed it for some damn reason. Little Busters did the same damn thing...

That first Yona OP is incredible. Maybe my favorite intro ever... Actually the Princess Jellyfish OP might narrowly beat it, but still. It's like the spirit of Suikoden condensed into a minute. And then the second mutilated version... so bad :(

Cornbread78

dango dango dango dango dango........... I'm in love.

If you only knew man, wow. I mean, enjoy it and don't take anything for granted, this is an experience to remember.

I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job ep. 1-2

Yup, we got fanservice, yup, we got comedy, yup, we got perverts, yup we have harem potential, yup we have some fun. This one is going to be interesting for sure.

The memories :')

I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job.

Yup, we got fanservice, yup, we got comedy, yup, we got perverts, yup we have some fun. This one is going to be interesting for sure.

Yuushibu 01

Just watched it too! You guys weren't kind about the ecchi being strong on this one lol. That aside this episode was fun, Fino is awesome lol. I'll watch the next one.

Yup, we got fanservice, yup, we got comedy, yup, we got perverts, yup we have harem potential, yup we have some fun. This one is going to be interesting for sure.

Yuushibu 01

Just watched it too! You guys weren't kind about the ecchi being strong on this one lol. That aside this episode was fun, Fino is awesome lol. I'll watch the next one.

FYI: Crunchy has the broadcast masters while Hulu (via Sentai) has the home video masters for this show.

Cornbread78

The memories :')

Yuushibu 01

Lol, yup just finished the first two, should be fun..

Now Dango Dango... I think I told you when you watched it that the song drove me kinda crazy in S1, then, there is that scene in the After Story and you really pay attention to the lyrics and it hits your like a truck.

FYI: Crunchy has the broadcast masters while Hulu (via Sentai) has the home video masters for this show.

So I should watch via Hulu then? What is it listed under? Not there via search

Kurokan Episode 15
CGiMMoxU8AAyx4b.jpg

Stop morioka, if it wasnt for Kuroki you wouldnt be where you are today.

Cant wait for this match, Sakamoto was great finally.

Now Dango Dango... I think I told you when you watched it that the song drove me kinda crazy in S1, then, there is that scenergy in the After Story and you really pay attention to the lyrics and it hits your like a truck.
Yup you are right. When SPOILERS:
he sings it to his daughter... Man the fucking feelsssss.

Cornbread78

Yup you are right. When SPOILERS:
he sings it to his daughter... Man the fucking feelsssss.

Yes! As well as, I may be wrong here but
didn't they all sing it as a family also Sanae, Akio, Nagisa, etc

Don't mind us as we reminisce A, I won't spoiler any Clannad stuff while you watch it. It's a much better experience organically. .

Arcadius

Banned
That's fine, I won't read anything tagged. What I've seen so far though, is very special really, I won't say more than that.

Dango dango is amazing and I love the song. With the way you and names2hard speak and the way Mike has people wanting to watch this, very special indeed. Thank you.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 26
CGiTE5UUYAEk8o4.jpg

His face was priceless though sad since he and others must have not saw the duel take place.

Yusei and Jack dueling and caring for each other was lovely as they saw the future destruction.I cant for us to get answers since all that stuff was a bit hard to take in and understand. Was something going on under the Satellite since the glyph is there?

cajunator

Banned
Intresting, yoo bad most BD releases are way too expensive. The ecchi stuff doesn't really bother me at all and most is just for fun. It's when you start mixing loli and ecchi together that it gets gringe-worthy, lol.

Lol, pretty much my thought process, "only 12 eps? I got this"

Actually, both Yuusibu (the show with Fino) and Outbreak company are cheap Sentai releases. But I definitely think you would enjoy Yuusibu.

There's something wrong when I finally clear Little Busters and Monthly Girls from my Crunchy queue and now added 4 new ones..

Nah. You have simply discovere the joy of animu.

Yes! As well as, I may be wrong here but
didn't they all sing it as a family also Sanae, Akio, Nagisa, etc

Don't mind us as we reminisce A, I won't spoiler any Clannad stuff while you watch it. It's a much better experience organically. .
Yes... Yes they did :') :') :')

That's fine, I won't read anything tagged. What I've seen so far though, is very special really, I won't say more than that.

Dango dango is amazing and I love the song. With the way you and names2hard speak and the way Mike has people wanting to watch this, very special indeed. Thank you.
You are in for quite the ride. I'll be interested in reading your opinions on the show here as I am sure Cornbread is too, there are many on AnimeGAF that don't like the show but you can count on us cheering for you aha.

Arcadius

Banned
Yes... Yes they did :') :') :')

You are in for quite the ride. I'll be interested in reading your opinions on the show here as I am sure Cornbread is too, there are many on AnimeGAF that don't like the show but you can count on us cheering for you aha.

Well, hehe...heh... I don't do updates like most here, I tend to do a write up after watching the anime, so... tomorrow you'll see...
=/

adixon

what are the best shows the past year including the current season?

Past year going back to Spring 2014?

Really surprised no one has said Haikyuu!! I'm not a sports anime fan at all but I was completely hooked on that damn show.

My list for the year:

Shirobako
Haikyuu!!
Yona of the Dawn

this season (jury's still out):
MY Love STORY!
Sound! Euphonium

Honorable Mentions:

Blue Spring Ride
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Nanana's Buried Treasure
Cross Ange

I'm only listing shows from crunchyroll because I've already spent too much time looking through past seasons and compiling that much, and now I need to stop doing this. Barakamon would definitely make it on the main list.

Well, hehe...heh... I don't do updates like most here, I tend to do a write up after watching the anime, so... tomorrow you'll see...
=/

That's good too mhm, can't wait. Again, Clannad is great but remember that it is the stepping stone towards the After Story. That's the real meat of the story!

Yuushibu 02-04
Well the first episode made me think it was going to be a silly show with tons of fan service. Well, it still kind of is but the characters are evolving and so are their relationships. The lore behind the show, like how magical items work and such is pretty cool too. I'm actually enjoying this one quite a lot!

Vito

Banned
Not sure if old, but with the success of the crowdfunding campaign, Katabuchi Sunao’s To All the Corners of the World is set for nationwide theatrical release Fall 2016 (Japan). Produced by MAPPA, it’s an adaptation of Fumiyo Kouno’s manga.

Cornbread78

http://www.hulu.com/i-couldnt-become-a-hero-so-i-reluctantly-decided-to-get-a-job

Video masters have animation fixes along with the lack of censorship broadcast masters (what Crunchy tends to get) have.

Nvrmd, "Can't" isn't "couldn't" duh..

=/

There is a reason this on is on so many top 10 lists out there. Some people just don't appreciate the drama involved or the way the end is scripted. Either way it a one of a kind amazing anime experience. It may have more feels for some dependin on your personal life experiences as you may find yourself relating to the MC at times. I'm all about SAO, but when it comes to feels and raw emotion, it has nothing on Clannad. Enjoy the ride

Sounds good. I made the mistake of posting/venting after a couple special episodes when I was reeling mentally at what was going through my head. It makes great entertainment for others here because we've been through it, but you may just need to vent it out also, lol. I'll definitely keep an eye out for your season 1 and After Story summaries, especially about the After Story when it all comes together.

Heartcatch is amazing and everyone should totally watch that

I watched like, 12 episodes of Heartcatch, and this was pretty much how I felt watching them.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 11

I gotta say, I really love how creative Gainax is with how the Angels need to be defeated.

Like, every Angel having different tactics given the situation Shinji and the others are in really makes things refreshing every episode.

I'm also impressed that all the mecha work by the crew in this episode was done by hand, due to the power being out. I've never seen that before! The way they all have to try different things to get around the huge technology-advanced base without power was really interesting.

Also c'mon Gendo. Spend some time with your son for crying out loud. Be a good mecha pilot father like...

Uh...

Baalzebup

All that earlier Takahashi talk tided me over to starting Kyoukai no Rinne. It's kinda funny to see all those trademark Takahashi™ things all over again. Some of those cuts are like they dropped right out of Ranma ½ and Rokudou himself has that exact same tsundere thing going on as Ranma and, to a degree, Inuyasha had.

cajunator

Banned

THE FEELS. THE CUTE.

If you only knew man, wow. I mean, enjoy it and don't take anything for granted, this is an experience to remember.

Its a right damned blast, Mr Cornbread.

cajunator

Banned
That's good too mhm, can't wait. Again, Clannad is great but remember that it is the stepping stone towards the After Story. That's the real meat of the story!

Yuushibu 02-04
Well the first episode made me think it was going to be a silly show with tons of fan service. Well, it still kind of is but the characters are evolving and so are their relationships. The lore behind the show, like how magical items work and such is pretty cool too. I'm actually enjoying this one quite a lot!

Oh it does have a lot of fanssrvice but like you said the magical lore and concept of a normal supermarket store in a magical world is a cute idea. Fino will do her best!

Midonin

Castle Town Dandelion might be the closest thing I have to seeing more Kyouran Kazoku Nikki. I have a connection to that one because it was one of the earliest anime I saw, and this looks to have a premise that at least intersects with it at a few points.

A large family, many of whom are supernatural - the only difference is that reality TV is involved, which is more a sign of our changing world, if anything. It's also the Kirara representative of the season.

Somebody remind me, wasn't there a new season of Working in the works?

Also if so, somebody spoil me, does Sanji-clone ever get out of the friend zone? That shit is painful to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom