• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
This is very good for various reasons

Fino!
LBbXkXs.png

Sound! Euphonium 09

The part where Asuka stormed off after saying she didn't care or have time for petty emotional issues was pretty good. Said a lot about her character.

And yeah I kind of agree for the make it or break it episode it wasn't as tense as I thought it would be. Lots of focus on feet this episode, KyoAni the new Shaft?

what are the best shows the past year including the current season?

Post 2 of the thread has a lot of information.

Id recommend Ping Pong, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

From this season Sound! Euphonium is pretty good.

Cornbread78

This is very good for various reasons

Hmm.... MAL says. .

Synopsis:
The story revolves around Raul, a boy who did not become a Hero, since the demon lord was already defeated just before his Hero exams. His dreams dashed, Raul spends his days working at a magic shop in the capital. One day, a part-time job seeker appears at the shop with an amazing résumé:

Name: Fino
Previous Occupation: Demon Lord Heir
Motive: Because my father was defeated

The work comedy revolves around this former Hero-in-training and the daughter of the demon lord.

Producers Asread, Sentai FilmworksL
Genres Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Romance
Duration24 min. per ep.
RatingR+ - Mild Nudity

Hmm, added...

Euphonium 09

I liked this one. I'd rather see episodes where lots of different characters get some quality exposition instead of something like episode 7 which focused on just one character arc.

The audition part was brutal.
RIP Hazuki

Edit: Someone on Reddit pointed out that there are
only 2 Euph players
in the concert part of the OP. Pretty cool.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Episode 9:

Eruna finally sorts the business of a school club ahead of the Mid Term Battles. She is also moving closer towards Otone but get told to back down a bit because we need to draw out this love triangle for whatever reason. Indeed, we also see Seisa is getting jealous of their increasing friendship and is trying to push those feelings aside instead of doing something or indeed anything to win back the heart of Eruna.

cajunator

Banned
Hmm.... MAL says. .

Synopsis:
The story revolves around Raul, a boy who did not become a Hero, since the demon lord was already defeated just before his Hero exams. His dreams dashed, Raul spends his days working at a magic shop in the capital. One day, a part-time job seeker appears at the shop with an amazing résumé:

Name: Fino
Previous Occupation: Demon Lord Heir
Motive: Because my father was defeated

The work comedy revolves around this former Hero-in-training and the daughter of the demon lord.

Producers Asread, Sentai FilmworksL
Genres Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Romance
Duration24 min. per ep.
RatingR+ - Mild Nudity

Hmm, added...

the show pushes the fanservice envelope a lot (buy the BDs!) but it really is a lot of fun.

Midonin

Mikagura School Suite 09

Eruna has a club! And she put as much effort into it as she possibly could, and we love her for it. The idea of mental warfare in a show like this with the newspaper columnist was amusing, and I liked the new ED theme. I just wish Funi's site would fix the "This video is not available in your territory" error I've been getting since last Friday.

Cornbread78

the show pushes the fanservice envelope a lot (buy the BDs!) but it really is a lot of fun.

The retail stuff made it more interesting than I expected. A bit like Outbreak Company in that respect.

Intresting, yoo bad most BD releases are way too expensive. The ecchi stuff doesn't really bother me at all and most is just for fun. It's when you start mixing loli and ecchi together that it gets gringe-worthy, lol.

I think I am going to check this show out LOL.

Uh, only 12 episodes. Alright let's do it.

Lol, pretty much my thought process, "only 12 eps? I got this"

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hibike! Euphonium Episode 9:

If Asuka was not my favorite before this episode she is now as she voices the opinions I have on the pointless romantic sideroads this series is fond of throwing up.

Nice, I was looking at the three Koihime Musou series' sitting in my Crunchy queue, what is this series again?

Seasons1 and 3 of Koihime Musous are great, I like them a lot! Season 2, after the first 4 episodes, is kind of bad, but fortunately it gets better again in S3. It's a good series, lots of fun. It's almost never serious at all, just focused on comedy and adventure.

Perhaps the best thing the anime writers did was remove the original H-game's protagonist from the anime. In the anime he does not exist; it's an almost exclusively all-female cast, instead. There aren't really any male goodguys in this series, just random thugs or villagers for the most part. It works out great, it's so much better than it would have been with a generic harem protagonist in the series!

So yeah, I recommend it for sure. It's good and lots of fun. There is quite a bit of fanservice in seasons 2 and 3, though -- they REALLY up the amount after season 1. I actually like season 1 the most, maybe because I like its level of fanservice more, and also because Ryuubi is pretty annoying, and she's not in the first season. But anyway, it's a good series. Keeping all the characters straight is a challenge, though; the Wikipedia character list can be helpful. The series has a HUGE cast.

Sterok

Mikagura 9

Eruna is good at scamming the newspaper club. And the drama club is practically her plaything. Otone is getting possessive. The newspaper club will not stand in Eruna's way. Even if she has to cheat. Man Bimii must really like Eruna to run a con like that. Eruna certainly has a knack for club names. She should keep that one.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

faridmon

Some great recommendations, I would like to add Samurai Flaminco to the list of must watch. One of my favourite shows in the recent years.

This is a highlight of another era, from before my days at NeoGAF. At the time I no doubt was still roaming around the IGN forums. In this age YouTube was a new born child. Legal anime streaming had yet to become a thing. The entire Spring 2005 anime thread consisted of a total 747 posts. Apparently there was new anime called "Eureka 7" which began to catch peoples attention. I guess it turned out to be an all right show.

The 2nd reply:
I expect them all to be terrible, but in the end that's a good thing as it's more time to watch older shows when quality control actually meant something!

LW6F1wU.png

Had to outline this one myself to get a proper transparent background >.<

This is a highlight of another era, from before my days at NeoGAF. At the time I no doubt was still roaming around the IGN forums. In this age YouTube was a new born child. Legal anime streaming had yet to become a thing. The entire Spring 2005 anime thread consisted of a total 747 posts. Apparently there was new anime called "Eureka 7" which began to catch peoples attention. I guess it turned out to be an all right show.

Ah, 2005. Who's excited for Sonic Next-Gen next year guys?

It's gonna be the best Sonic game ever!

The 2nd reply:

LW6F1wU.png

Had to outline this one myself to get a proper transparent background >.<

I know right? And admist it all, Eureka Seven turned out amazing!

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom