• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadius

Banned
DEATH™;166198075 said:
Not necessarily a changed person, but at least he will be able to watch even the weird/awful/everything else and still think anime wasn't a mistake...

"Still think anime wasn't a mistake".... How can anime ever be a mistake? I don't think it's a mistake now and will never think it's a mistake... << That's what I personally feel.

cajunator

Banned
DEATH™;166198075 said:
Not necessarily a changed person, but at least he will be able to watch even the weird/awful/everything else and still think anime wasn't a mistake...

Anime was never a mistake. Its an art form. Its entertainment. Its people's livelihoods. Its a discussion piece. It brings people together.

Cornbread78

That was his plan all along!!
Jokes aside it is enjoyable. I already said it, the ending was the only thing that I didn't enjoy much because it just seemed so rushed.

I followed his advice on this and I too recommend that you watch it in one sitting for the full impact.

Oh yeah, we already sgreed on that. It was a beautiful ending though. I just didn;t like the
ghost handing him the ring at that spot
it felt really out of place. Other than that, it surprised teh hell out of me in a good way and I really enjoyed it.

I was going to ask about this, thanks for answering my unasked question! =)

LOL, you mean about Clannad? It has the best parents in anime by far, not even a close second out there..
img-2782295-1-clannad-love-story-08-538x302.jpg

There are so many feels to this show, even in S1 when things are mundane at times. The second have of the After Story though.... wow. strap on the seatbelt, grab some tissues and make sure you have those three hours to watch the rest straight through, it is amazing....

cajunator

Banned
Oh yeah, we already sgreed on that. It was a beautiful ending though. I just didn;t like the
ghost handing him the ring at that spot
it felt really out of place. Other than that, it surprised teh hell out of me in a good way and I really enjoyed it.

LOL, you mean about Clannad? It has the best parents in anime by far, not even a close second out there..
img-2782295-1-clannad-love-story-08-538x302.jpg

There are so many feels to this show, even in S1 when things are mundane at times. The second have of the After Story though.... wow. strap on the seatbelt, grab some tissues and make sure you have those three hours to watch the rest straight through, it is amazing....

At least it ended the way I wanted it to, though the journey to that point was infuriating.

Cornbread78

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun ep. 7-END
Ok, so I cleared this one out of my queue as well today. This series was really funny throughout. The last episodes gave us a guys sleepover, a Bull prince, more cute Tanakis, 3-second rule chocolates, a sailor's uniform and the fireworks. All of those poor misunderstanding for Saura throughout. I don;t know how she was able to control herself, especially during that fireworks sequence. I honestly felt for her, even thouggh she played it off, because, it is a comedy after-all, but you found yourself routing for her those last couple episodes.
tumblr_nb7a8nnZQI1s5wiico1_500.gif

Over-all, it was a very enjoyable experince and was a good bounceback after finishing up Little Buster's earlier.

Cornbread78

At least it ended the way I wanted it to, though the journey to that point was infuriating.

infuriating isn't the word for it here. gut wrenching moments of pain, happiness, sorrow, despair, and all of those into one. I still get goosebumps to this day if I hear the opening theme..... I has a great impact. I mean, I know you guys have watched a ton more anime than me, but the way the auther crafted that story from the music to the characters, to the smallest minute details that come up later that mack such a huge difference in the story was incredible... Episode 18 was one of the most amazing episodes ever. I mean, it gives me goose bumps just thinking about it and watching the gif over and over through the end of that episode, dammit...See, I just had to go watch it again and get all gushy... It is an amazing experience....

cajunator

Banned
infuriating isn't the word for it here. gut wrenching moments of pain, happiness, sorrow, despair, and all of those into one. I still get goosebumps to this day if I hear the opening theme..... I has a great impact. I mean, I know you guys have watched a ton more anime than me, but the way the auther crafted that story from the music to the characters, to the smallest minute details that come up later that mack such a huge difference in the story was incredible... Episode 18 was one of the most amazing episodes ever. I mean, it gives me goose bumps just thinking about it and watching the gif over and over through the end of that episode, dammit...See, I just had to go watch it again and get all gushy... It is an amazing experience....

It has some moments ands the first OP was wonderful and cute and perfect but did the second OP grate on your ears? cause most people hated it.

You're talking about Clannad After Story, right?

It has some moments ands the first OP was wonderful and cute and perfect but did the second OP grate on your ears? cause most people hated it.

You're talking about Golden Time, right?

Cornbread78

Oh yea, first OP all the way. It's liek Yona of the Dawn, the first orchastrated OP was great, then they changed it for some damn reason. Little Busters did the same damn thing...

Arcadius

Banned
Same. Even during episode 6 I was still engaged. What a fantastic show.

I honestly don't get how someone could be bored watching that show. Episode 11 was an incredibly tense piece of television.

You guys are really making me want to watch Hyouka, ahaha. I think I'll watch it sooner than later now.

cajunator

Banned
Oh yea, first OP all the way. It's liek Yona of the Dawn, the first orchastrated OP was great, then they changed it for some damn reason. Little Busters did the same damn thing...

I get that the second one was going after some sort of escalating tension theme, but woof at that execution >o<

Cornbread78

You're talking about Clannad After Story, right?

You're talking about Golden Time, right?

LOL, no botha bout Clannad. The OP from Season 1 and the emotional drain of the After Story. Man, I just watched the second half of episode 18 in the after story again, with
Ushio
and damn, damn damn. It's a parent thing, but gets me everytime...

Pooya

the only episode that might be considered boring was the helicopter one maybe but nah. I was hooked from the second episode. The movie arc was so good I knew it was going to be great show and it just got better and better. It looked amazing all the time on top, we will never get something like that on TV again ;_; three years already, time flies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Eupho 9

ribbon girl got rekt yissssss

Yeah this episode had wayyyyy too much boring narration for something that should have been a lot more tense and exciting

PK Gaming

Euphonium 9

This was a pretty good episode. It could have been a tad more exciting, but the last few minutes were pretty tense.

Asuka's outburst was the highlight, imo. Not because it was entertaining (it was), but because we got to see that other side of her. That "serious, music-crazed, no-nonsense" side to her that's supposedly more of a thing in the novels.

RIP Natsuki

Mandelbo

Yeah, Hyouka is great. I loved how they ended it,
with that cruel cut showing that Houtarou's confession was merely what he wanted to say, had he the guts, meaning that over the course of the show he still isn't able to be proactive, still lacking the ability to connect on a deeper level with others. Sure, it's a downer, but it's still great!
I think that's how it ended, at least - it's been a while since I saw it.

Jex

[Tomorrow's Joe]: 1-79 and [Tomorrow's Joe II]: 1-47

What a show. Without a doubt, one of the greatest anime of all time.

I'd like to say more but it's going to take me a while to put my thoughts together on a series that's longer than Legend of the Galactic Heroes. There's so much material and so many possible areas to discuss that it feels something akin to climbing a mountain. I really don't know where to begin.

But, begin I must. In the meantime, I suggest that everyone watches this fantastic series.

A word of warning, however. There are two Tomorrow's Joe shows and the second season is not a direct continuation of the first. Instead, it is partly a remake of the original. Therefore the optimal viewing experience is to watch Tomorrow's Joe up till episode 51 and then once you're done there swap over to Tomorrow's Joe II. Tomorrow's Joe II covers the same material that the original show does during episodes 52-79, but it does the same material far better.

Cornbread78

Yamada and the Seven Witches 8

This episode makes no fucking sense. The source material also made no fucking sense. Therefore, its actually just accurate. *shrug*

Lol, I've been enjoying it since ep.3, but now that I know the anime is just a marketing plow for the manga and it not selling well in Japan meaning we'l never get to the main plot or s an ending, screw it all..

cajunator

Banned
What are you talking about , hestia has many more clothes. her working clothes are very good , and the dresses she use whenever there is some business with gods is also quite fine.

She has clothes.

thats the only outfit you see in fanart and through half of the show. Its her "look"

Midonin

Cornbread, two more suggestions for shows you may want to check out.

Samurai Girls/Samurai Bride - A samurai magical girl romantic comedy. Has a really cool visual style to it that focuses on ink splotches, making it resemble sumi-e paintings. Based on what you've enjoyed in the past, you may like this one.

Sengoku Collection - Episodic mobile game based movie homage cute girl Warring States series. Consists almost entirely of one-shots, you can take your time on this one. Really good, and the one I actually wanted to recommend.

Cornbread78

Cornbread, two more suggestions for shows you may want to check out.

Samurai Girls/Samurai Bride - A samurai magical girl romantic comedy. Has a really cool visual style to it that focuses on ink splotches, making it resemble sumi-e paintings. Based on what you've enjoyed in the past, you may like this one.

Sengoku Collection - Episodic mobile game based movie homage cute girl Warring States series. Consists almost entirely of one-shots, you can take your time on this one. Really good, and the one I actually wanted to recommend.

Nice, I was looking at the three Koihime Musou series' sitting in my Crunchy queue, what is this series again?

Midonin

Nice, I was looking at the threeKoihime Musou series' sitting in my Crunchy queue, what is this series again?
Koihime Musou is a gender-swapped version of China's Three Kingdoms period. It's a comedy/adventure series with some lewd humor, some action. Based on a visual novel. It's nothing amazing, but it's enjoyable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lol, I've been enjoying it since ep.3, but now that I know the anime is just a marketing plow for the manga and it not selling well in Japan meaning we'l never get to the main plot or s an ending, screw it all..

Nope. The first arc ends in a way that resolves the entire plot, the manga just keeps going for no real reason. This will have a satisfying ending.

Cornbread78

Nope. The first arc ends in a way that resolves the entire plot, the manga just keeps going for no real reason. This will have a satisfying ending.

Wait, what? That's not what was said the other day dammit, my head hurts... Does Yamada at least get a shot to hook up with Shirishi for real?

Koihime Musou is a gender-swapped version of China's Three Kingdoms period. It's a comedy/adventure series with some lewd humor, some action. Based on a visual novel. It's nothing amazing, but it's enjoyable.

I added yours, now I just need to figure out what to watch next from the queue, lol.

I think I've watched almost all of the emotionally draining stuff out there now.. and the good Romcoms too.

cajunator

Banned
Wait, what? That's not what was said the other day dammit, my head hurts... Does Yamada at least get a shot to hook up with Shirishi for real?

I added yours, now I just need to figure out what to watch next from the queue, lol.

I think I've watched almost all of the emotionally draining stuff out there now.. and the good Romcoms too.

Watch this show. Its awesome. It has Fino in it.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/i-couldnt-become-a-hero-so-i-reluctantly-decided-to-get-a-job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom