• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
So, the title of ShimoSeka's OP is B地区戦隊SOX - "B-Chiku Sentai SOX". I can already see it being my favorite opening of next season, because it appears to be presenting this group of lewd vigilantes like a superhero team. It's my one weakness. Might not outstrip (phrasing!) Twintails as a favorite series, but maybe it does have something to say about the relationship between sexuality and society. Or maybe it's just an actiony SYD, who knows?

No matter how you describe this it sounds wonderful.

Szadek

Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation, or why am I watching this crap?
The music? It's probably the music.

I'm also catching up with Ghost in the Shell: Arise - holy shit this name is way too freaking long - Alternative Architecture.
Quite a step down from the movies and SAC.It's not as intersting, isn't paced very well and I really dislike Motoko's character design in this one.

zZIEpKU.png

So the character of the day is a man calling himself Corps.

Who gets a thrill from scaring visitors in his haunted house with his ghostly pals.

Even though he's long since passed away and probably died inside the house somewhere.

This is a kids show, right?

jman2050

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou ep 1-3
tumblr_mqgmfbNI491rec90to3_500.gif

So I started something new this afternoon. I'm not sure if this is a series love story, another goofy scool time anime or a drama. You can;t really tell from teh first three episodes, but Shiina is pretty cute (those red eyes though) but the MC is a weenie of course.... Oh well, some really funny moments, especially from the Childhood friends that will certainly lose.... Poor saps..

It's a somewhat amusing, if trashy, romcom brought down by the MC being an insufferable jackass. Really left a bad taste in my mouth when I was done with it.

Shiina is pretty cute at least.

ibyea

Banned
zZIEpKU.png

So the character of the day is a man calling himself Corps.

Who gets a thrill from scaring visitors in his haunted house with his ghostly pals.

Even though he's long since passed away and probably died inside the house somewhere.

This is a kids show, right?

Please, it's got nothing on Courage the Cowardly Dog. ^_^

Cornbread78

It's a somewhat amusing, if trashy, romcom brought down by the MC being an insufferable jackass. Really left a bad taste in my mouth when I was done with it.

Shiina is pretty cute at least.

Yeah, but she is going to get crushed by this wishy washy jackasd, lol. Seriously, you can already see it happening, which means Ayo and Shin a get blasted by this chump.

Cornbread78

I wonder if there are any other Romcoms or straight romance series out there that actually show the romance progressing through character development and build a relationship with 1 girl and not try to decide between 2 of more.. It's getting tiring..

Courage was a great kids show.

It taught every little boy and girl one of the most vital lessons they would learn for the rest of their lives.

That the internet can be such an asshole.

I wonder if there are any other Romcoms out there that actually show the romance progressing through character development and build a relationship with 1 girl and not try to o decide between 2 of more.. It's getting tiring..

there's some harems where the guy has his eyes set on one girl and one only, but the rest try to distract him.

A few of those best girl wins too

I wonder if there are any other Romcoms or straight romance series out there that actually show the romance progressing through character development and build a relationship with 1 girl and not try to decide between 2 of more.. It's getting tiring..

Shuffle! is a great example of a harem with actual romantic progression. The MC actually chooses someone and there is a satisfying conclusion.

Quasar

Euphonium 9 - Another fine episode. Auditions didn't go exactly how I expected. Continues to feel like its being rushed though. I guess thats the way of anime based on novels.

Black Lagoon

Revy is the best...also I've got a sudden urge to pop open a can of Heineken.

Defo gonna start watching some action anime like Cowboy Bebop and Phantom

Cornbread78

well define 'best' because most harem shows are kind of crap.
Regardless two where the guy is focused on one/best girl either from the start or a bit later are
http://myanimelist.net/anime/79/Shuffle!

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10397/Mashiro-iro_Symphony:_The_Color_of_Lovers

Shuffle! is a great example of a harem with actual romantic progression. The MC actually chooses someone and there is a satisfying conclusion.

Good deal, I think someone has mentioned Shuffle! to me before, I'll look it up.

Rosario + Vampire is another.
I imagine the TVTropes listing for 'unwanted harem' has heaps.

The problem is too many shows are dubbed a "harems" when there clearly isn't. The bigger issue that driving me crazy still is this wishy washy, indecisive, childish MC act that all these shows use. Just give me 1 dude that falls for a girl and has to fight for her or some sort of thing. Don't they just all want a girl they can protect? I think Clannad handled this phenomenon the best so far, but damn, all this other crap..

Is this Pet show really worth my time, or is he really just going to crap all over this cutie out of pure idiocy? I might just move on
to something completely different, maybe a thriller like Nikki

tumblr_nozqpi7UJm1tjrk3vo1_500.gif

This might be good, screw love, lets kill..

Good deal, I think someone has mentioned Shuffle! to me before, I'll look it up.

The problem is too many shows are dubbed a "harems" when there clearly isn't. The bigger issue that driving me crazy still is this wishy washy, indecisive, childish MC act that all these shows use. Just give me 1 dude that falls for a girl and has to fight for her or some sort of thing. Don't they just all want a girl they can protect? I think Clannad handled this phenomenon the best so far, but damn, all this other crap..

Is this Pet show really worth my time, or is he really just going to crap all over this cutie out of pure idiocy? I might just move on

I'd say Sakurasou is a romance anime in name but a drama show at heart. Romance is definitely present but ultimately that isn't what the show is about. It's about stress, the hardships of working, and the inevitability of change. All the characters go through serious hard times and decisions and the show is worth watching for the collective rather than a singular character.

Puruzi

Banned

WATCH MIRAI NIKKI
DO IT

Phatmac

Does Japan empathize with these wimpy kids or something? I barely watch any current anime since the bulk have that awful trope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom