• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I wonder if there are any other Romcoms or straight romance series out there that actually show the romance progressing through character development and build a relationship with 1 girl and not try to decide between 2 of more.. It's getting tiring..

You might like Chrno Crusade

Does Japan empathize with these wimpy kids or something? I barely watch any current anime since the bulk have that awful trope.

Good thing I'm just watching mainly Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki with the others being just leftovers.

Then again Soma is pretty alpha himself.

Cornbread78

WATCH MIRAI NIKKI
DO IT

I will, it's been on my list and I'm a lil' angry, so it might be time to watch the slaughter..

You might like Chrno Crusade

I started watching it and was enjoying it, but ran into tech issues and forgot to go back..

unless you can't stand wimpy main male characters.
Because Mirai Nikki has the biggest cry baby.

Well, he can die then because it is a Psycho thriller anyhow, so it's inevitable. .

Does Japan empathize with these wimpy kids or something? I barely watch any current anime since the bulk have that awful trope.

Uggh, I don't mind the wimpy kids as much as the wimpy kids with harems or treat beautiful woman like garbage. It's not like they should have a girl with them in the first place..

Phatmac

i like the pretend to be weak-trope tho

e.g. Rurouni Kenshin
I have a problem with his no killing rule but I do like this trope if done well. Plus Kenshin actually worked for his strength and is generally a good dude that girls should fall for.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
you show those frail little japanese kids who the boss is phatmac. whip out your giant western penis and let them take a big whiff of what pure testosterone truly smells like. one day those red sun babies will be blessed by true protagonists like america's well muscled marvel super heroes.

Gintama - 274

Intresting first part , even if it was rough , at least it was gintama fitting.

The second part however is filled with WAY TOO MANY Japan only jokes, it's kinda impossible to enjoy it.. the start and the ending was ok , but the middle ... so freaking bad.

BUt the genderbender arc begins next week!! you're forgivven gintama !

Puruzi

Banned
you show those frail little japanese kids who the boss is phatmac. whip out your giant western penis and let them take a big whiff of what pure testosterone truly smells like. one day those red sun babies will be blessed by true protagonists like america's well muscled marvel super heroes.

eNcsy7T.gif

jman2050

I never got the complaints about Mirai Nikki's protagonist. Did you guys even see the shit he had to put up with throughout the series?

I mean yeah the story is stupid as hell in a lot of ways but that element is one of the least stupid things about it.

Phatmac

Lol I'd just like some teens to have an actual personality instead of the current trope of wimpy teens having a harem for bad reasons. The whole concept of harems in anime is pretty repulsive in general.

Theonik

Lol I'd just like some teens to have an actual personality instead of the current trope of wimpy teens having a harem for bad reasons. The whole concept of harems in anime is pretty repulsive in general.
Well in this case, I hate Mirai Nikki as much as the next guy. I wouldn't put the protagonist being a wimp down as one of my reasons. Most of all because it makes PERFECT SENSE that the protagonist, a normal teenager would be a wimp, especially when suddenly being thrust into this life or death situation. If anything the start establishes him as too overpowered for what he is. And Yuno's obsession with him makes sense with what is revealed in a later ass-pull too.

wonzo

Banned
finally a good post itt

Cornbread78

Lol, what did I just read, he was talking about the anime trope not the entire country of Japan, lol.

You're view:
tumblr_n8jtppBrCs1qzo3c9o1_500.gif

What we want more of:

campione.gif

wonzo

Banned
piss.gif

Godou Kusanagi, a retired baseball player, is asked by his grandfather to return a stone tablet to a friend in Sardinia named Lucrezia Zora. After meeting the demonically manipulative sword-mistress Erica Blandelli, he encounters the god of war, Verethragna. After killing the god, Godou becomes a Campione, or god slayer. His duty is to fight heretical gods who start changing things to suit themselves, usually at the expense of the people in the area. One of the problems associated with being a Campione, is that his status keeps attracting attention and difficult girls. Blandelli, who strongly professes her love for him, usually creates awkward and misunderstood situations for him in particular.

javac

Shinji's fine, he acts like anyone in his shoes would act, regardless of his age. People just like to turn everything into a big me me.

Phatmac

Shinji probably one of the few weak teens that I'm fine with given how dreadful his situation is and his whole personality. It's a fresh take when compared to the typical shounen kid who'd love to fight these monsters for a dumb reason instead of being horrified. The whole show isn't that great overall but I don't have a big problem with Shinji in general.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Shinji probably one of the few weak teens that I'm fine with given how dreadful his situation is and his whole personality. It's a fresh take when compared to the typical shounen kid who'd love to fight these monsters for a dumb reason instead of being horrified. The whole show isn't that great overall but I don't have a big problem with Shinji in general.

rP1y9xs.png

next you'll be saying Flowers of evil sucks because Kasuga is too wimpy, unless for some reason that doesn't count either

javac

Weird topic, but sure I'll bite, Evangelion has great kiss scenes, because they actually have weight attached to them, especially in EoE. Of course outside of that, I can't really recall kiss scenes in anime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom