• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
rP1y9xs.png

Kumiko a shit!😏

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think I have laughed as much today as I did at the phrase "giant western penis."

I don't think a lot of people are asking for more campione. At least not me.

I'm one of the few that want more campione in anime.
BUt i'm also of ones who think that they killed the franchise in anime by rushing everything in it and making it a mess. People who have only watched the anime have the wrong impression on the MC power ( just look at the comment on the previous page ) because they rushed and simplified EVERYTHING. I'd take more campione ( any arc is fine ) as long as it's not a freaking rushed mess ...

Still bought the blu-ray anyways since i'm liking the franchise too much.

Cornbread78

I don't think a lot of people are asking for more campione. At least not me.

Not more Champione, but more MC's that can stand on their own two feet, take care of their harem's and will fight for them.

I've never heard of Campione. Cornbread I am afraid of your power levels rate of growth

It's pretty damn good anime that digs into Norse and Greek mythology a lot. MC has a spine and it's pretty fun to watch, but it's an incomplete story unless you read the LN/Manga, but still worth your time for the ladies and battle's, some with the ladies helping as well.

Phatmac

Gintama - 274

Intresting first part , even if it was rough , at least it was gintama fitting.

The second part however is filled with WAY TOO MANY Japan only jokes, it's kinda impossible to enjoy it.. the start and the ending was ok , but the middle ... so freaking bad.

BUt the genderbender arc begins next week!! you're forgivven gintama !
Yeah it was a weak episode in general. Gintama continues to rely on its main audience which is fine but I'm usually lost during those referential local Japanese jokes. I'm just waiting for next week. It's gonna be great.

sonicmj1

Campione! Wikipedia entry:

During his battle with Verethragna, Godou obtained a golden sword, that can only be used by the Warrior aspect, which "has the ability to cut through divinity itself", in short, it can take away a god's power, rendering them a mere mortal. The golden sword's requirement is to know enough about a god to be able to call upon its power. The more he knows about the god, the more powerful his blade is. Mostly, he receives that information from Erica or the other girls. He receives the information via kissing, which is the only way to infuse the information into a Campione due to their incredible magic resistance.

oh ok

Phatmac

Not more Champione, but more MC's that can stand on their own two feet, take care of their harem's and will fight for them.

It's pretty damn good anime that digs into Norse and Greek mythology a lot. MC has a spine and it's pretty fun to watch, but it's an incomplete story unless you read the LN/Manga, but still worth your time for the ladies and battle's, some with the ladies helping as well.
From what I've read it seems fine so I don't have a problem with it.

Squid Girl 01 (Sub)

Seems like a fun, light hearted anime.

Dub

The amount of puns would give woofington a run for his money.

I think I'll stick with the dub.

Phatmac

you show those frail little japanese kids who the boss is phatmac. whip out your giant western penis and let them take a big whiff of what pure testosterone truly smells like. one day those red sun babies will be blessed by true protagonists like america's well muscled marvel super heroes.
I'd like to hang this on a wall for how wrong these assumptions are but more for the sheer audacity of it. It's so good.

Campione! Wikipedia entry:

oh ok

Well there is another method do get information, but it require reading extensive magic material( and classified material ) Something that can take up to 1 year of learning in some cases..problematic when you have a magical beast in front of you ( kissing is not better but it's much shorter )

But i know , LN logic , still a damn fine plot device if you ask me

NeoForte

Squid Girl 01 (Sub)

Seems like a fun, light hearted anime.

Dub

The amount of puns would give woofington a run for his money.

I think I'll stick with the dub.

Well on the other side you'd be hearing de-geso and other forms of that after nearly every sentence... so yea pick your poison :p

Triage X - 09

Character develloppement for dummies

How to have a quick training arc for dummies

I guess all you need is a kiss, some upgrade to your equipment and a senzu bean and you're stronger.

I should write that recipe.

sonicmj1

Sound! Euphonium 9

This episode was pretty good, but I agree that it wasn't as strong as it could have been. For me, what stood out was the way the episode used flashbacks as a fairly blunt instrument to drive home particular points of character development. It's not the first time something like it has happened in the show, but here they even repeat the same moment multiple times in the episode, which is definitely overboard. Almost reminiscent of certain Naruto episodes.

Similarly, the audition itself was handled really well, but the way they went about the results was also really obvious, full of the exact same head-on shot for every character getting their name called. The scene had some inherent tension, but the direction made it feel more boring than it probably should have.

On the subject of Shuichi, I don't feel much need for a significant romantic development between him and Kumiko, but I also totally understand that way someone in your friendzone can shift into a crush because of something someone else says.

Jarmel

Banned
Euphonium-9

This has been bothering for me awhile but I'm really fucking sick of the monologuing. Most of the time it's superficial and redundant information. Like her recounting her heart about to explode seems absolutely pointless when it was already clear from the scene.

Cornbread78

lol it actually made me uncomfortable considering how into it they got it.

My purity. Gone. Now it's Bible Black all day.

I think everyone remembers "that" one in the spirit dimension.( with erica)

Campione still has the best kissing scene in anime.

lol it actually made me uncomfortable considering how into it they got it.

My purity. Gone. Now it's Bible Black all day.

Holy shit how did I forget about that scene? All the double meanings in everything that was said, all the passion, so lewd, wow, amazing, lol.

Nyaruko-san F - OAV

Excellent OAV i must admit ... simple and effective..lots of reminders to the previous 2 seasons and some obscure references mixed with some common stuff.

I think there was macross, lovelive, kamen rider ( always kamen rider in nyaruko ) but i'm missing the first ..i feel like it's close , but i can't remember.

Anyway, an excellent OAV for an awesome show.

ibyea

Banned
Euphonium-9

This has been bothering for me awhile but I'm really fucking sick of the monologuing. Most of the time it's superficial and redundant information. Like her recounting her heart about to explode seems absolutely pointless when it was already clear from the scene.

But then how are we going to get her to pontificate on the deepness of her emotions? ;)

Baalzebup

I'm one of the few that want more campione in anime.
BUt i'm also of ones who think that they killed the franchise in anime by rushing everything in it and making it a mess. People who have only watched the anime have the wrong impression on the MC power ( just look at the comment on the previous page ) because they rushed and simplified EVERYTHING. I'd take more campione ( any arc is fine ) as long as it's not a freaking rushed mess ...

Still bought the blu-ray anyways since i'm liking the franchise too much.

I'm a fan of Campione as well. It felt like a fresh take on the harem genre and there were some really cool concepts in it. The delving into the various mythologies and how the they twine into each other was pretty good too.

Why get Campione when we can get another season of Infinite Stratos?

Then we can have yet another season of guy that doesn't get any hints
SleepingDog.jpg

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku - 09

Mikagura%20Gakuen%20Kumikyoku%20-%2009.jpg

Best director , for best drama !

Every heroine got secrets , that need to stay secret

Also that match was a total cheat, but i'll forgive that.

Can we finally get the backstory on seisa ? She needs to move on and join the rank of our heroine. DAT harem need to be made !

cajunator

Banned
Good deal, I think someone has mentioned Shuffle! to me before, I'll look it up.

The problem is too many shows are dubbed a "harems" when there clearly isn't. The bigger issue that driving me crazy still is this wishy washy, indecisive, childish MC act that all these shows use. Just give me 1 dude that falls for a girl and has to fight for her or some sort of thing. Don't they just all want a girl they can protect? I think Clannad handled this phenomenon the best so far, but damn, all this other crap..

Is this Pet show really worth my time, or is he really just going to crap all over this cutie out of pure idiocy? I might just move on
to something completely different, maybe a thriller like Nikki

tumblr_nozqpi7UJm1tjrk3vo1_500.gif

This might be good, screw love, lets kill..

This is an excellent idea. Yuno will make sure somebody loves her. There is no other option.

Cornbread78

I'm a fan of Campione as well. It felt like a fresh take on the harem genre and there were some really cool concepts in it. The delving into the various mythologies and how the they twine into each other was pretty good too.

That's exactly what I liked about it as well, it had interesting material built into it, but the best part was the MC'S personality and how he treated/interacted with the girls. He wasn't a spineless douche for once..

Why get Campione when we can get another season of Infinite Stratos?

Then we can have yet another season of guy that doesn't get any hints

Lol, yeah, he's on a whole different stratosphere..

cajunator

Banned
aye but it's also creating a whole new generation of elite dismissive anime fans

Ive never met anyone like this.

I will, it's been on my list and I'm a lil' angry, so it might be time to watch the slaughter..

I started watching it and was enjoying it, but ran into tech issues and forgot to go back..

Well, he can die then because it is a Psycho thriller anyhow, so it's inevitable. .

Uggh, I don't mind the wimpy kids as much as the wimpy kids with harems or treat beautiful woman like garbage. It's not like they should have a girl with them in the first place..

Go back and watch it!

Baalzebup

You know, I've been tracking my own viewings and I basically dropped everything Harem for a good while when I ragequit Mayoi Neko Overrun!

Fumino and Takumi were in a shed of some kind, I think swimsuits were involved and Fumino was telling Takumi that she loves him. Then the guys just goes "Wat, I no understand wat u say" and something snapped in my head. Alt+F4, never gain. Shame, really, since I remember liking the female cast, even though Fumino did take the whole tsundere thing to tiresome extremes, but that day convinced me that wishi-washy wind-sock spineless and/or overtly clueless harem leads are the thing that will eventually turn me into a serial killer.

javac

Watched some more of Romeo (episode 17 to 20). I took a little break due to Splatoon eating up my time, but it feels really good to be back. I won't write much from now on as I find it hard to balance talking about episodes without getting into spoilers, and I think that the last posts that I made in regards to my progress with Romeo went in a bit too deep, and I honestly wouldn't want to rob people of experiencing this series, so forgive me. All I can say, this show continues to be phenomenal and the last few episodes had me crying, with a lump in my throat. Such a beautiful show, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I've never seen such a pure show, one that fills me with both joy and sadness. Truly one of the best shows I've ever had the pleasure of watching, and I honestly can't talk about this show without getting sentimental. Romeo's Blue Skies, one of the greatest shows of all time, I can't wait to finally finish it this week.

Narag

Those Who Hunt Elves 8

This was one even more parody than usual which I'd forgotten was the main thrust of the series given it takes every opportunity to subvert traditional fantasy problem solving to do the dumbest fucking thing possible. A little too meta though.

Cornbread78

Wait, what?

06./00. [PSV] Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo tr. <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.05.28} (¥7.171) - 11.215 / NEW

Cross Ange got a Vita game? Holy crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom