• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Order a Rabbit? Fin
Pretty much what I expected it to be.
TLcOODhm.png
eRsUU1Om.png

Pf9Xn8Jm.png
pY4D2bRm.png

phaze

Ninja Scroll

I rarely complain about too fast pacing but this felt like the director was forcefully tasked to pack this whole story into 90 minutes. Majority of time I felt like I was watching the movie on a 1.3 of its normal speed. None of the scenes or dialogue were given time to breathe. It did get a bit better in the end parts, or maybe it was me getting used to the breathneck pacing. This rushed feeling was only compounded by the laughable story (Shogun of the Dark ? REALLY ?) that amounts to a boss speedrun through 8 throwaway characters and a Dio ripoff. I did like the visuals during the 2nd or 3rd rescue of the tsundere chick but other than that it was plain awful.

Euphonium-9

This has been bothering for me awhile but I'm really fucking sick of the monologuing. Most of the time it's superficial and redundant information. Like her recounting her heart about to explode seems absolutely pointless when it was already clear from the scene.

Good thing you bring that up as I forgot to mention that myself. Besides being of little use anyways as you pointed out, I feel like Hibike! Euphonium would maybe profit from showing more from different characters' perspectives and not really having a main character in Kumiko, and I say that although she is my favorite character. I mean sometimes the show does this anyways and I tend to like it. Though I suppose the relationship between Kumiko and Reine is supposed to be the poster child of the show and maybe that applies to the books, too.

I'm fine either way I suppose, but the monologuing from Kumiko really isn't of much use.

Quasar

Ore Monogatari 9 - Well that got me to tear up. Mostly the hospital scene, and especially the point where Suna's voice cracked.

javac

Okay so this is going to be a weird post, hopefully it’s not too awkward but I guess I just want to get this off of my chest. Over the years, I’ve always wondered if I was…broken emotionally. I’d get emotional over the tiniest of things; I’d irrationally hate those closest to me and push people that matter to me away. My joy would be huge and I’d be super happy and excited, and at a drop of a hat I’d be super depressed, full of anxiety and anger. The thing is, I always thought that this was normal, I mean I’m me right? Of course I’m normal…but I started looking into it more, and I think its fair to say that I have severe cases of a personality disorder. Emotionally unstable, if you will. I bring this up here I guess because, and I don’t know if I’ve ever given off this impression, but I think that in this thread that I’ve said stupid, self-contradicting things. Maybe it's all in my head. I mean this thread is only about anime, so it’s not too big of a deal one would think, but I really do fear the notion of being abandoned, and being rejected and I guess with this being a community, I feel it more here.

They say people with such disorders feel emotions very intensely and I can see that being true when looking at myself. When I watch, play or do something that makes me happy, I feel really fucking happy, and when I watch or do something that makes me sad, I feel really upset. It’s probably why I get so emotional whenever I watch something and why I love music so much. When people praise what I do, and be kind to me, I get a heightened sense of happiness, overjoyed and excited, but when somebody mocks what I do or say, it really does affect me more than it should. I’m a joyful person, that when shown love gives it back in spades, but with every emotion being exaggerated, when I feel sad, I get intense feelings of both shame and embarrassment. I’m insecure, attention seeking, unfocused, have no identity, and everything that I read about such disorders rings true for myself. It’s scary, to see what is basically yourself in a nutshell, and realizing that in the end, I’m not normal, and maybe I’m just fucking broken.

What makes it worse is the idea that this becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy now that I have something to blame. “Don’t mind me, I have some stupid disorder”. That I become more destructive, that I burn down more bridges and distance myself further as time goes on. I guess…this has nothing to do with anime, but I guess the sense of community here makes me more scared of losing that, or becoming diluted, and forgotten. I’ll probably regret posting this, and I’m really sorry if this makes things awkward, just please ignore this post…I guess I just wanted to apologize if I ever weakened this community with my presence or posted something stupid and silly or whatever. I’m not a special snowflake, and this is just that, a stupid little thing in my head, but I guess I’m just having one of those mornings and tomorrow I’ll look back at this post and think wtf was I thinking. Why am I such an emotional wreck. I feel embarrassed writing this, but I guess in the end I feel a lot better getting this off of my chest, I just hope that I didn’t have to do it so publicly. Don't treat me differently, I'm not crying out for help or comfort, just, maybe rationalizing why I say stupid, contradicting things as well as self-destructive things and I wanted to clear the air. Look at me, rambling as always, off-topic as I always am, :)

You know, that doesn't sound like a terrible flaw you'd need to be ashamed about or anything. Sounds like it ultimately negatively affects your life but everyone has their li' demons. Since you've come to some self-realization already, here's my advice: just try to actively take into consideration what you've just written and, at times, take a step back and consider if you're acting too irrational. Just about everyone has issues, major ones even. What's important is that you acknowledge and then actively work on them, as shoving them aside tends to be more comfortable for the moment but very problematic in the long run.

NeonZ

Lupin (Red Jacket) 58

Jigen really has no luck with women. Even Lupin seems to meet a good one once in a while, but Jigen's two attempts at romantic stories so far end up being disasters. It was fun to see an episode with Jigen as the protagonist, although due to the overall more serious tone of the episode, when they did things like jumping to a moving train to a bridge it really bothered me, even though the show usually has much more ridiculous stuff.

javac

You know, that doesn't sound like a terrible flaw you'd need to be ashamed about or anything. Sounds like it ultimately negatively affects your life but everyone has their li' demons. Since you've come to some self-realization already, here's my advice: just try to actively take into consideration what you've just written and, at times, take a step back and consider if you're acting too irrational. Just about everyone has issues, major ones even. What's important is that you acknowledge and then actively work on them, as shoving them aside tends to be more comfortable for the moment but very problematic in the long run.

Thanks, I guess things like this hurt my already damaged image of myself. Having said that, I will try to improve, I have to realize that running away from problems just causes me more pain in the end, and acting on impulse pushes those closest to me including people in this thread further away. Like you said, sometimes you need to take a step back. Getting hurt is a part of life so I guess you can't let it eat you up inside, I guess like the saying goes, it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Sorry for all of the off topic stuff, I'll watch some more Romeo tonight to make up for it :p

Cornbread78

I guess I just wanted to apologize if I ever weakened this community with my presence or posted something stupid and silly or whatever. I’m not a special snowflake, and this is just that, a stupid little thing in my head, but I guess I’m just having one of those mornings and tomorrow I’ll look back at this post and think wtf was I thinking. Why am I such an emotional wreck. I feel embarrassed writing this

The funny thing is that you write that, but we all have those types of emotional reactions to things we see and hear. Sometimes these feelings are very strong, sometimes we laugh them off, however, they are your personnal feelings towards it. Your part of a community here and as long as you are not breaking any ToS or harassing anyone then I don't see it as an issue and I don't think anyone else would either. I mean, have you seen some of the outburst posts around? Some amazing anger gets thrown around at times, lol. Well, I made teh mistake of posting after ep. 16 of Clannad After Story since I had the site up as I was watching it.... That was a mistake as well, lol. Don't sweat it at all, below is some sound logic for you as well.

You know, that doesn't sound like a terrible flaw you'd need to be ashamed about or anything. Sounds like it ultimately negatively affects your life but everyone has their lil' demons. Since you've come to some self-realization already, here's my advice: just try to actively take into consideration what you've just written and, at times, take a step back and consider if you're acting too irrational. Just about everyone has issues, major ones even. What's important is that you acknowledge and then actively work on them, as shoving them aside tends to be more comfortable for the moment but very problematic in the long run.

Sound advice. This DOES NOT make him a social/community deviant here at all. Recognizing personal weaknesses and seeking strength to manage and heal those weaknesses is important. If he feels it's a problem now and it is affecting his daily life, he should seek assitance from a number of places to help manage those emotions.

Vito

Banned
Mujaki no Rakuen anime PV that's being bundled with the v8 LE of the manga.

.... wait, you thought I'm posting it? Someone else risk it (it's on my or the author's twitter), it's not super lewd or anything but given GAF's moral compass I'm reluctant to post it :|

Cornbread78

Mujaki no Rakuen anime PV that's being bundled with the v8 LE of the manga.

.... wait, you thought I'm posting it? Someone else risk it (it's on my or the author's twitter), it's not super lewd or anything but given GAF's moral compass I'm reluctant to post it :|

I'm pretty sure you can post the link with a NSFW flag on it, just don't embed the YouTube video, so there is no image static that may be inappropriate, lol. (just like your last you tube link posted, lol.)

Vito

Banned
I'm pretty sure you can post the link with a NSFW flag on it, just don't embed the YouTube video, so there is no image static that may be inappropriate, lol.

It's not actually THAT lewd (well ok, it is lewd, just anime skewed my standards a bit), but

Shouta, a 25-year-old NEET, is mocked by his former female classmates who've all become successful, at their class reunion. A mysterious incident at the school pool throws him back in time and lets him deal with those same classmates back when they were fifth grade girls.

I think Amazon Japan recently removed it from their site, lol.

wall of text,TL;DR, etc.

Everyone has issues and flaws, but some hide it better than others or are the sort that don't show themselves when interacting directly with others. Just look how I expertly conceal my hate for everyone... oh wait. IMHO being self aware of them helps a ton and decent people can be forgiving.

Heh we all have our flaws, problems and worries, don't let this change who you are or what you do, and certainly don't fall into the habit of shrugging it off and blaming everything that is bad on this. Before you do a self diagnose, check up with a doctor. The internet says a lot of things and none of them are true (like Hyouka not being good, wtf).

but I really do fear the notion of being abandoned, and being rejected and I guess with this being a community, I feel it more here.

but I guess the sense of community here makes me more scared of losing that, or becoming diluted, and forgotten.

I don't think anyone here will reject you as long as you're not being a douche. Don't worry about those things.

As a side note, and I really don't want you to take this the wrong way but if all this is something that has a negative impact on your life it might be better to talk about it with people that are more certified on subjects like this. We're just a bunch of people discussing anime after all.

I don't think anyone here will reject you as long as you're not being a douche. Don't worry about those things.

As a side note, and I really don't want you to take this the wrong way but if all this is something that has a negative impact on your life it might be better to talk about it with people that are more certified on subjects like this. We're just a bunch of people discussing anime after all.

Pah! Best qualification there is!

Midonin

Aikatsu! Akari Generation 136

So Yuu can still be in the show after all, even if she's been an exchange student twice. Most of the episode was on Kokone and Miyabi trying to figure out how to get Ayafuwa Nadeshiko off the ground, and while Kokone seems like a tough person to work with, she's got a lot of passion for what she does. That's good in an idol. This season has been a mirror of the first season in a lot of ways, and this plethora of units calls that to mind... but it's also more intimate and friendship-filled, since there's no sign Mizuki is overseeing a master plan. Or maybe she still is from the shadows, I'm not going to rule it out.

e_i

I wonder who'll be the VA for Shinozaki. Got to be someone good at having meltdowns and freaking out. Michy needs a sarcastic voice and Kaede needs just a ultra sweet voice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I3XKGYfl.png

FMnwOqAl.png

This really applies to so many things, but no one has the balls to admit it.

Well, outside of Kirkman with The Walking Dead. He takes pleasure in admitting that there's no ending whatsoever because he wants to keep it going forever. lol

Vito

Banned
Is this movie CGI? It looks a bit off, maybe I have to see more though.

Yes, Polygon, Hiroyuki Seshita (chief director) and Hiroaki Ando (director) both worked on Sidonia, as well as the character designer. Ryochimo as one of the unit directors... lol.

Cornbread78

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou ep 4-12
So this hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be so far since they have focused more on friendship than love. With that being said, with ep. 13 that cherry has been popped and I guess this is where it starts to go downhill. Best girl by far is Misaki, no questions asked, lol. However, this dude is going to crush one of them, which will probably be Shiina because he is a douche, well, at least you can see it happening because he has feeling for Aoyama as well... See wishy washyness.... I can't wait to watch the heartache and pain play out...

This pic is for Cajun:
giphy.gif

Midonin

Etotama 09

The most serious episode since episode 3, but in a different sense. The battle wasn't as humorous, and even the training, with all its absurdity in the board that Dora-tan created, was also taken seriously. It was an interesting change of pace. I know as much about Shogi as I do about mahjong (that is, not much), but I can appreciate getting into game theory and playing a game of wits. Since Piyo-tan reminded me of Harpy from Muromi, this episode helped deviate their characters significantly. While Harpy was always kinda happy go lucky (and eventually picked up some net slang), Piyo-tan is utterly serious, doubly so when it comes to Shogi.

A fine change of pace. Based on the preview, I'm excited for the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom