• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatmac

I dunno I think FSN is pretty bad for some really clear reasons

The narrative people love to push of people hating things for "no reason" is pretty laughable
I've seen nonsensical rants on the show and series based on ignorance which is what I'm referring to. I have many issues with the show and its' characters but I find the concept and universe utterly fascinating. Fate/Zero is my main reason for liking the whole FSN universe but I still love the VN and am enjoying the current anime. It's an interesting franchise that is loved for many valid reasons.

kewlmyc

SNAFU 10

Watching Jazz Hands get blown the fuck out animated was very very enjoyable. They're really driving the whole "Iroha likes Hachiman" thing really hard. Made it way more obvious that it was in the LN. That or I'm just dense.

Plastic Memories 10

So sweet I think it gave me diabetes. Last 4 minutes was cute as all hell.

Wichu

Or the anime staff can't keep visual consistency to save their lives!

It's a major visual cue. I don't think they'd have missed it in the episode where it's most important. If
he really is Guriko as he claims to be
, then I'm sure they would have used that cue to confirm it. Not to mention it's a way too obvious 'twist' for what I'd expect of an Uchikoshi plot :)

I've seen nonsensical rants on the show and series based on ignorance which is what I'm referring to. I have many issues with the show and its' characters but I find the concept and universe utterly fascinating. Fate/Zero is my main reason for liking the whole FSN universe but I still love the VN and am enjoying the current anime. It's an interesting franchise that is loved for many valid reasons.

Then point the supposedly nonsensical rants out, best when they come up.

I've had my own share with the dreaded F/N fanbase on /r/anime where people were incredible adamant that this anime is literally (in the literal sense!) a perfect adaption which cannot be possible true because the direction is downright terrible at times, disregarding how good/bad the VN itself is.

There were also people telling me how Shirou is, in fact, a great character, and couldn't help themselves but mention events way later down the line, which still hardly justified the utter stupidity that Shirou has exerted so far. Trying to argue with VN material or yet unseen events seems to be a trend among the fanbase at large, considering how the "NO SPOILER |OT|" got closed because everyone spoiled all day long anyways.

Of course there's a lot of generalization when you say "the fanbase" and really the ones I can't stand are the idiots within this fanbase. Whether there's a disproportional large amount of idiots within that fanbase...well, maybe.

I was making a joke about "leveling your paladin"

Sorry Im weird today.

I for one quite liked the joke!

cajunator

Banned
Then points the supposedly nonsensical rants out, best when they come up.

I've had my own share with the dreaded F/N fanbase on /r/anime where people were incredible adamant that this anime is literally (in the literal sense!) a perfect adaption which cannot be possible true because the direction is downright terrible at times, disregarding how good/bad the VN itself is.

There were also people telling me how Shirou is, in fact, a great character, and couldn't help themselves but mention events way later down the line, which still hardly justified the utter stupidity that Shirou has exerted so far. Trying to argue with VN material or yet unseen events seems to be a trend among the fanbase at large, considering how the "NO SPOILER |OT|" got closed because everyone spoiled all day long anyways.

Of course there's a lot of generalization when you say "the fanbase" and really the ones I can't stand are the idiots within this fanbase. Whether there's a disproportional large amount of idiots within that fanbase...well, maybe.

Were they 13?

I first heard about Grisaia from some guys twitter header. It was a screenshot of Makina saying something about being really drunk and thats how she makes it through the day.
Then I watched the anime and confirmed that Makina is definitely the best.

Makina teaching English to Michiru is one of the BEST momment , one of the funniest moment of the entire franchise. The anime did a alright job with the material but there is just too much to adapt... playing the Vn is so recommanded if you enjoyed the grisaia anime.

And as you'll all know very soon , sachi is the best MAID there is ... Crazy maid , but one of the best.
Ps: Roberta is second - best maid.
grisaia_11.png

Evidence #001 ( She says this as she is bullying michiru )

Jex

All I'm saying is that while, for example, I think Shirobako was intensely boring, I don't actually have a problem with someone else liking it. Because that would be weird.

That's a slightly different argument from saying "only neckbearded man-children wearing fadora's think UBW sucks".

There's an awful, vocal Fate fanbase that exists online, as has done for some time. It's no surprise that their shitty attitude relating to VN purism has generated some backlash against their chosen series. Without this fanbase, there probably wouldn't be as much of a push-back against the anime adaptations because the show's many legitimate detractors would not have a target to attack. Instead, it would just be another forgettable VN adaptation written by teenagers for teenagers.

Phatmac

Then point the supposedly nonsensical rants out, best when they come up.

I for one quite liked the joke!
Yeah I'd say most fan base for anime are bad at best. Regarding Shirou's character he isn't great at all but I do like how his character evolves in each route it's difficult to convey his character considering you need to beat all three routes to finally see it all. I won't defend the dedicated fanbase I'm glad being a fan but I'm not crazy for it like some are.

If this was true, which I have no clue about since I never read Volume 10, I would imagine Hayama would be paired with Haruna, actually since they're the oldest children of the families.

But Haruno is much older than Hayama. I dont know if they would arrange a marriage between a much older girl and a boy especially when theres a girl of the same age available.

Ahhhhhhh I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Phatmac

That's a slightly different argument from saying "only neckbearded man-children wearing fadora's think UBW sucks".

There's an awful, vocal Fate fanbase that exists on online, as has done for some time. It's no surprise that their shitty attitude relating to VN purism has generated some backlash against their chosen series. Without this fanbase, there probably wouldn't be as much of a push-back against the anime adaptations because the show's many legitimate detractors would not have a target to attack. Instead, it would just be another forgettable VN adaptation written by teenagers for teenagers.
It's the same issue with the movie adaptation usually being bad when compared to the book. It's an awful and tiring debate that is just annoying. Ufotable has done an admirable job adapting the VN route for what it is. It's a beautiful show with strong characters but it's had some rough patches for sure. I'm glad the anime has been thought of positively overall and am eager for the HF movies.

Silly people getting upset about anime.

I find zero value in arguing about likes and dislikes over anime because the conversation always devolves into "As long as you understand that the anime you like is shit then we're fine! :^))"

It's the same issue with the movie adaptation usually being bad when compared to the book. It's an awful and tiring debate that is just annoying. Ufotable has done an admirable job adapting the VN route for what it is. It's a beautiful show with strong characters but it's had some rough patches for sure. I'm glad the anime has been thought of positively overall and am eager for the HF movies.

lol

You mean stock tropes right? Half the dialogue is so cringe-worthy I can barely sit through it and the amount of Tsundere fanbaiting is beyond the pale. I mean Parasyte last season had a sex scene and this show decides to go with something a ten year old who is too embarrassed to talk about it would come up with?

Phatmac

lol

You mean stock tropes right? Half the dialogue is so cringe-worthy I can barely sit through it and the amount of Tsundere fanbaiting is beyond the pale.
It's tough to separate the anime from my experience with them in all the VN routes but I'm mainly referring to Archer, Kirei Kotomine, Lancer, Illya, and Saber. They aren't great but I enjoy most of the characters even if some are tropes in nature.

Kekkai Sensen Episode 10

7QI9xjl.jpg

Look at Zapp being Smug.

God was this an enjoyable Luch episode. Just having three bros hang out and munching together is brilliant. I really don't know how many times I laughed at this episode. I mean a freaking Alien throwing up rainbow and serving it, holy shit.😆 Also Sweet Jesus at that scene where Leo rolls like a lunatic. That scene completely destroyed me. FOOD PUNISHMENT!😂

585cIrK.jpg

Would you eat him?

I just loved how they traveled to different restaurants just to get some decent food. To only get bombarded by different Alien creatures. This episode really helps show how diverse as a culture Hellsalem is with different types of customs and personality. In that one scene you see clam chowders just gobbling down the customers and it's just natural through the local's eyes. Also seeing that Alien butcher his customers or that lady go School Days on the female that had a affair with her husband was too goddamn funny.

zGU8mQy.jpg

You gotta love Vivian's Voice Actor Miyuki. IRASHHAI!

Seriously though Vivian never gets a break. Anyways we finally got lots of details about Casters and their related organization PSI. Teleporter-chan seems quirky teleporting everywhere. It really does show that the Casters really do have unique abilities and use them to keep the world in balance. It seems Abrams is helping them and that there's a threat towards the barrier that's keeping Hellsalem together. We also find out that Mary's and William's parents died keeping the barrier together and that two Casters came out of it whom are Black and White (William/Mary). William is in the Caster's League probably because Despair-kun forced him to. Damn things are finally coming together and also Despair-kun too OP.

UYrdn9U.jpg

Why You Do Dis To Me Waito?

Poor Leo getting his eyes taken away from him by his closest friend.😔 Also Despair-kun making White feel like shit for what she's doing. It's either her Brother or Leo, an eye for an eye. I really loved the cuts in this scene it's really Matsumoto like, reminding me of Kyousougiga when the camera zooms out and you see two individuals interacting. Oh yeah goddamnit we have to wait two weeks till episode 11 airs because of recap. It doesn't help that this episode left on a major cliffhanger.😌

Finally JOHJ JOHJ JOHJ!

Theonik

Silly people getting upset about anime.

I find zero value in arguing about likes and dislikes over anime because the conversation always devolves into "As long as you understand that the anime you like is shit then we're fine! :^))"
It's good that you understand.

Yeah, why ever argue or discuss anything
Arguing likes and dislikes of certain aspects of anime tends to be a tiresome argument because people in the arguments always seem to be arguing in a 'I must convince this person they are wrong." rather than actually talking/discussing things with each other and nothing ever gets solved.

I'm not against the discussion or anything, I'm just saying I myself don't like being part of such discussions.

Arguing likes and dislikes of certain aspects of anime tends to be a tiresome argument because people in the arguments always seem to be arguing in a 'I must convince this person they are wrong." rather than actually talking/discussing things with each other and nothing ever gets solved.

I'm not against the discussion or anything, I'm just saying I myself don't like being part of such discussions.

Oh c'mon. Can't believe we're going through this bullshit again. There's merit in properly discussing all kinds of works, anime included. If I'm not mistaken the majority of users here make somewhat coherent arguments and if they hate a show they're certainly allowed to mention that, too.

Oh c'mon. Can't believe we're going through this bullshit again. There's merit in properly discussing all kinds of works, anime included. If I'm not mistaken the majority of users here make somewhat coherent arguments and if they hate a show they're certainly allowed to mention that, too.
Even in my post I said I wasn't against the discussion I merely said I personally find such discussion pointless. Again I don't have a problem with it in the thread I just see zero value in me personally participating because arguing likes and dislikes is a pointless endeavor in my opinion. Everyone is free to hate or like whatever anime comes up and discuss it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

There's an awful, vocal Fate fanbase that exists online, as has done for some time. It's no surprise that their shitty attitude relating to VN purism has generated some backlash against their chosen series. Without this fanbase, there probably wouldn't be as much of a push-back against the anime adaptations because the show's many legitimate detractors would not have a target to attack. Instead, it would just be another forgettable VN adaptation written by teenagers for teenagers.

It seems like you're defending your right to say a work sucks AND people who like it also suck. I mean, it's fine to say a show sucks, it just starts being ridiculous when that gets extended to anyone that likes the show. Maybe there's a specific forum where it's like that, but as a normal anime fan it just seems lame to lump "all people who like X" into a specific, negative grouping.

Aki-at

Kekkai Sensen - Episode 10

Why does there need to be a recap episode next week, why waste one of your 12 precious episodes on this, whhhhy? Funny episode overall, the calm before the storm, I love how Zed brushed everything off from Zapp and Leo's mini-meltdown and meeting with the food god.

Arslan Senki - Episode 9

Another new anime to add to my weekend viewings. The fight was damn cool even, especially when it's two on one. I'm liking Arslan's development and the odd bits of humour.

So many enjoyable shows on at once, I don't think I've watched as many animes at one time since the early 2000s.

Moaradin

Why does there need to be a recap episode next week, why waste one of your 12 precious episodes on this, whhhhy? Funny episode overall, the calm before the storm, I love how Zed brushed everything off from Zapp and Leo's mini-meltdown and meeting with the food god.

Hopefully the recap is just episode 10.5 or something and not part of the 12. Rage of Bahamut had a recap episode as a 12 episode series, but it didn't take up one of the episodes.

Arslan Senki - Episode 9

Another new anime to add to my weekend viewings. The fight was damn cool even, especially when it's two on one. I'm liking Arslan's development and the odd bits of humour.

So many enjoyable shows on at once, I don't think I've watched as many animes at one time since the early 2000s.

Don't worry the Recap episode is 10.5 not 11, just a normal recap. We will still have episode 11 and 12 left.

https://twitter.com/some_one11/status/607249095120416768

Midonin

Go! Princess Precure 19

Prince Kanata has a little sister who mysteriously went missing
and is clearly not Twilight/Cure Scarlet. There's no way that would be possibly happen. It's obviously going to happen, but it's the journey, not the destination, that matters. It's Toei's chance to do Regina better.
The treasure hunt aspect of the episode was alright, but the ground that it's laying for future events is far more interesting.

Plastic Memories 10

D'awwwww the ending was just way too fucking cute.

UBW 22

Let me guess, in the VNs
Shirou and Rin really got it on didn't they.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom