• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Nah. I just occasionally dabble at having a slightly more positive outlook on things and express hope for all kinds of entities being better, overcoming, becoming more than they usually are.

And then I put on my well fitting suit of armor, the one called cynicism, that has protected the last vestiges of my sanity for a long, long time. I didn't really expect the scene to be anything better than dolphins, or our current gift of green blobs with some aquatic characteristics.

I sincerely think that Type Moon has no clue how the real world actually works.

Narag

Those Who Hunt Elves II 9

W6z2IFFl.png

Another good one, this time a Christmas ep since they apparently celebrate Christmas in this fantasy world. They should have just asked Santa to take them home.

Mandelbo

Mitsudomoe - 01

"I have to hit Yabecchi in the groin in order to help him with his romance!"

All the memories are flooding back... Yep, this is still utterly fantastic!

Jex

Shuffle! ep.1-6
14e7b9447c86275ebb4aae11a04ec654.jpg

So I got through about 6 episodes so far and Rin has got himself a nice little harem already. They are all "childhood friends" so I'm not sure how this will work out, but hopefully, Kaede wins because it's like they are already married. The humor here is keeping me involved because everything else is blah. I mean, he can become a king. During our "harem talk" the other night I thought thus dude made a quick decision, but I don't know, we'll see what happens. I'm routing for wifey. The other 4 need to back off. The familiar sounding English VA's are throwing me off though, lol. Well, it's entertaining so far, but let's see if it gets good at some point..

Now there's a Hitokage approved anime. I'm looking forward to your impressions.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For the record, the original VN scene in UBW is legit hilarious.

Blood Blockade Battlefront 10

This episode made me realize I'd like the show way more if the main cast were food critics and traveled around to eat and different monster restaurants because that was the only part of the episode I was into

Recap episode next week zzzzz

For the record, the original VN scene in UBW is legit hilarious.

From what I watched pretty much every serious scene in FSN was hilarious

FSN is legit hilarious. Only thing that tops it is its fans.

I never gave a shit about VNs but before the Ufotable series I thought FSN was this thing that everyone made fun of for being terrible and having awful dialogue. Maybe that was because of the DEEN series but I was surprised by how many fans FSN had

cajunator

Banned

It is a quality comedy, the likes of Chaos;Head, Blood C, and Another.

Blood Blockade Battlefront 10

This episode made me realize I'd like the show way more if the main cast were food critics and traveled around to eat and different monster restaurants because that was the only part of the episode I was into

Recap episode next week zzzzz

From what I watched pretty much every serious scene in FSN was hilarious

I never gave a shit about VNs but before the Ufotable series I thought FSN was this thing that everyone made fun of for being terrible and having awful dialogue. Maybe that was because of the DEEN series but I was surprised by how many fans FSN had

It is terrible but yet so many people cant stop watching it. I think fundamentally theres a great story in there and an attempt to play it straight but the writing and execution is just so incompetent. Ufotable couldnt fix all of that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fanbase-on-fanbase crime is really, really bizarre to me. I don't know, is there some kind of high from telling people a thing they like sucks?

As for FSN, I like it unironically and so does my wife. In fact almost every anime fan I know who isn't some dude on the internet seems to like it.

*shrug*

Fanbase-on-fanbase crime is really, really bizarre to me. I don't know, is there some kind of high from telling people a thing they like sucks?

As for FSN, I like it unironically and so does my wife. In fact almost every anime fan I know who isn't some dude on the internet seems to like it.

*shrug*

I like FSN because it spawned FZ from it. By itself it isn't horrible, but Fate Zero puts it to shame.

Honey and Clover - 03

Halfway in and yeh, I'm done. My ears can't take all this yelling. Besides, there wasn't a single minute so far that was remotely interesting so no reason to bother.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Life is Strange is the best Visual Novel of all time.

sonicmj1

*shrug*

My roommate, who enjoyed Fate/Zero and isn't afraid to enjoy shows I don't care for, has been continually baffled by the positive reception UBW has received on much of the internet, since he hates it.

*anecdotes*

Personally, I've been a happier person ever since I dropped it back around episode 9, so I don't care much about it anymore.

Blood Blockade Battlefront 10 The opening was pretty cool. You'll never get that burger. I also like that shit is always happening to Zapp.
Plastic Memories 10 / FSN UBW 22 Dropping both.

Theonik

Is that real?
It is a real screenshot of a translation of the VN that may or may not be accurate since I never played the VN much less in Japanese to compare.
It is presented here as a response and represents my reaction to risette's inspirational post.
That I am actually using a VN screenshot to do this is intentionally unfitting and serves as a gag of sorts. For any further explanation I am selling an official strategy guide for $19.99 available in your reputable book retailer.

Wichu

Punch Line 09 speculation:

Although Guriko/Chiyoko/Pine switched bodies, their eyes stayed the same (Mikatan has Chiyoko's eyes, and Yuta has Pine's eyes). "Guriko" in this episode still has Pine's eyes (Guriko has eyelashes and green eyes) - the twist definitely isn't as simple as people think.

phaze

Just wait until "I’ll kill you, cut you up, and cum in your formaldehyde"

Man that show was fucking awful

Best OP, best full DW spoilers
---Yandere--
the best smiles and lots of gore. It's awful but it's my kind of awful !

DW is a show that started as terribly terrible, ascended to "so bad it's good" with one fun reveal and then dissolved in a pointless sidestory arc. :(

Still, better explained and used blood powers than in BBB.

Is that real?

It's real , but you're missing the entire context of the scene. Grisaia has lots of dialog , but a lot of it depends on pre-established scenarios that everyone who hasn't played the game is unaware of.
Ps: The translation is not 100% accurate to the japanese version , but they changed it in order to get the same effect in english , so ..in that sense it's accurate ( when you've got the context )

Best OP, best full DW spoilers
---Yandere--
the best smiles and lots gore. It's awful but it's my kind of awful !

DW is a show that started as terribly terrible, ascended to "so bad it's good" with one fun reveal and then dissolved in a pointless sidestory arc. :(

Still, better explained and used blood powers than in BBB.

The OP was good in a stupid way lol. The same way I can appreciate Kaiji S2's OP

Ive heard people calling it the worst anime of all time and Im beginning to understand why.

It's no Kampfer

Theonik

Punch Line 09 speculation:

Although Guriko/Chiyoko/Pine switched bodies, their eyes stayed the same (Mikatan has Chiyoko's eyes, and Yuta has Pine's eyes). "Guriko" in this episode still has Pine's eyes (Guriko has eyelashes and green eyes) - the twist definitely isn't as simple as people think.
Or the anime staff can't keep visual consistency to save their lives!

cajunator

Banned
i can recommand several good visual novels , or just point out the visual novel thread and your opinion will surely change.

Ps: grisaia Vn has so many good screenshot moments , lol

I first heard about Grisaia from some guys twitter header. It was a screenshot of Makina saying something about being really drunk and thats how she makes it through the day.
Then I watched the anime and confirmed that Makina is definitely the best.

Phatmac

*shrug*
I get you there's always a lot of hate or loathing towards FSN on here or some boards on the Internet. I'm a big fan of the series so I'm glad someone else on here enjoys it as well. I really can't stand the repulsive nature of some people hating on things people like without reason or to simply garner a reaction from fans. I've seen a lot of positive reactions to the anime so we aren't in the minority.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I get you there's always a lot of hate or loathing towards FSN on here or some boards on the Internet. I'm a big fan of the series so I'm glad someone else on here enjoys it as well. I really can't stand the repulsive nature of some people hating on things people like without reason or to simply garner a reaction from fans. I've seen a lot of positive reactions to the anime so we aren't in the minority.

i hate it for lots of reasons tho

I dunno I think FSN is pretty bad for some really clear reasons

The narrative people love to push of people hating things for "no reason" is pretty laughable

Angry Grimace

All I'm saying is that while, for example, I think Shirobako was intensely boring, I don't actually have a problem with someone else liking it. Because that would be weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom