• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arabesque

They've already diverged from the VN in a big way with Avalon being important in the Archer fight. Not to mention the number of callbacks to Fate/Zero in the anime which wasn't in the VN.

Those weren't divergences though. The Avalon 'twist' was also in the fight in the VN but the anime made it a bit more dramatic. Much like with the rest of the fight, core of the scene and the dialogue were the same but made more apparent to the audience.

The same is with how they included scenes from Fate/Zero, or Archer's back story from Fate/Extra, or the stuff Fate/Unlimited Codes. Those aren't there to change the core canon of the VN route as much as it is to add flavour and occasionally fluff to the anime. They didn't actually change much about the story or go into a completely different direction because they wanted to remain as faithful as they can.

It'd be happy with some small changes in the dolphin scene considering this is suppose to be an intimate moment before they go to war. Just have the mana scene and some more dialogue between them and a kiss to confirm their feelings. Maybe even just sleeping in the same bed and cuddling to confirm their love before entering the biggest battle of their lives. I'm disappointed that they didn't try any of this.

Those things would've been great! Having Rin and Shirou have a genuinely intimate moment together, even if it wasn't sexual, before they set out would've made sense. They were about to go face something they aren't sure they will be able to come back from. I honestly wanted that stuff to happen, but it just wasn't going to because it was apparent that the goal here wasn't to create something like that with the UBW anime. For better or for worse, the anime wanted to stick with how the VN route played out, despite how it could've improved radically had it been re-written.

Arcadius

Banned
There's still some more I need to post. Not done yet :p

Can't wait!

Koko and 2dkun makes it worth it I guess but rarely has a show aggravated me so intensely with a character in it that I love so much. As for OP #2...im afraid you might be alone liking that particular music Arcadius.

Aww, I see. Well, I like a lot of things, but it's a little sad that not many people like the second OP, hehe, though I think saying I'm alone is exaggerated =).

Yuru Yuri 3rd season (YuruYuri San Hai!) broadcast starting this October. August, September brand new Nachuyachumi+ anime broadcast planned (1 ep/month) with new (theme) songs. According to reports from the event.

http://yuruyuri.com/blog/archives/2987

Need to watch Yuri Yuri S1 and S2 before October then.

Phatmac

Those weren't divergences though. The Avalon 'twist' was also in the fight in the VN but the anime made it a bit more dramatic. Much like with the rest of the fight, core of the scene and the dialogue were the same but made more apparent to the audience.

The same is with how they included scenes from Fate/Zero, or Archer's back story from Fate/Extra, or the stuff Fate/Unlimited Codes. Those aren't there to change the core canon of the VN route as much as it is to add flavour and occasionally fluff to the anime. They didn't actually change much about the story or go into a completely different direction because they wanted to remain as faithful as they can.

Those things would've been great! Having Rin and Shirou have a genuinely intimate moment together, even if it wasn't sexual, before they set out would've made sense. They were about to go face something they aren't sure they will be able to come back from. I honestly wanted that stuff to happen, but it just wasn't going to because it was apparent that the goal here wasn't to create something like that with the UBW anime. For better or for worse, the anime wanted to stick with how the VN route played out, despite how it could've improved radically had it been re-written.
Hopefully the Epilogue episode will have some extra sweet moments with them. Either way I'm glad it's out of the way for what should be a great fight between Goldie and Shirou.

cajunator

Banned
Aha! Aside from like 4 episodes 2D-Kun wasn't really involved with much, but I agree, he does essentially save the show. Totally agree Cornbread, no reason for the writers to do what they did, except to toy with us. I was bouncing all over the place with my legs shaking, hoping it wasn't going to turn out that way!!!

None-the-less, because it ended the way it did and because it had Kaga Kouko, 2D-Kun, Tea Club and some others, totally worth watching anime in my opinion.

yall are making me somewhat reconsider my thoughts on it. Maybe I will pick up the bluray when alls said and done.
it would have to be a sale though. Goddamn you Banri.

Holy shit, Utawarerumono 2 anime announced, coming this fall.
Welcome back ray romano

http://utawarerumono.jp/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB3WKlkIqYo

This makes me more excited than perhaps it should. Damn you Eruru and Aruru for being mega cuties. Its ultimately a show about a guy discovering who he is so its also a fun adventure.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Holy shit. This changes everything.

I really hope Hachiman doesn't "save" Yukino but instead helps her to stand up for herself.
If this was true, which I have no clue about since I never read Volume 10, I would imagine Hayama would be paired with Haruna, actually since they're the oldest children of the families.

phaze

first there was the dragon. Then there were the dolphins.

If you want the full version in all of its glory you gotta play the VN.

So wait VN
they did hmmm transfer mana by having sex in some version of the Visual Novel ? Hilarious.

FSN:UBW 22
Well the writer is redeeming himself.
Shinji is still hanging on there. Although I love Gilgamesh, hopefully they can save Shinji from his fate

Sadly, I wouldn't put it past Shirou.

Arabesque

Hopefully the Epilogue episode will have some extra sweet moments with them. Either way I'm glad it's out of the way for what should be a great fight between Goldie and Shirou.

I honestly expect that there will be a lot of good changes to come out of the epilogue. Both regarding Rin and Shirou but also for
Waver making a come back
and other things not covered in the VN.

The upcoming episodes should be action packed, so I expect them to be really enjoyable as well (regardless of how stupid something's get).

Arcadius

Banned
yall are making me somewhat reconsider my thoughts on it. Maybe I will pick up the bluray when alls said and done.
it would have to be a sale though. Goddamn you Banri.

This makes me more excited than perhaps it should. Damn you Eruru and Aruru for being mega cuties. Its ultimately a show about a guy discovering who he is so its also a fun adventure.

Ahaha, it's okay Cajun, it seems that Golden Time is very much a like it or hate it kind of anime, but if you reconsider your thoughts, that'd be great too!

I know the Utawarerumono 2 quote isn't direct at me, but if you say it's a fun adventure, I should probably look into it, especially if there are mega cuties!

cajunator

Banned
Hmm, I can see why people don't like it, but it was a part of the show from like halfway through or so; heck probably a little earlier than half way through we see it. I think
the giving of the ring to modern Tada Banri was more or less of a "My time is over, sorry for messing up so much of your life" kind of thing. I mean, he is the one that dropped the ring in the first place. Personally, I hated all the elements of "past" Banri. I wanted him to just go away so we can have Kaga Kouko and Banri be together in sweet love.

I think thats what we were all expecting Arcadius. We all got played.

All I remember from the first one is the tail-gasm. I should watch it again.

Owari no Seraph 10

Welp this is the moment we've been waiting for! Next episode preview is confirming what I figured would happen at some point.

ohh man that tail scene. One of my favorite anime scenes. And it happens again too!

I wonder who has a more sensitive tail, Eruru or the devilukes? Wait...this is going to dangerous territory.

tellmemore.png

Oh its glorious. One video completely sold me on that series. But it was good overall with the epic adventure and war story feel. You might really like it.

Phatmac

I honestly expect that there will be a lot of good changes to come out of the epilogue. Both regarding Rin and Shirou but also for
Waver making a come back
and other things not covered in the VN.

The upcoming episodes should be action packed, so I expect them to be really enjoyable as well (regardless of how stupid something's get).
If they actually have a scene in the
Clocktower
then I'd be amazed. I think the last episode is supposed to be 40+ minutes so here's hoping.

duckroll

I have been asked for clarification on certain matters of regarding the term "traps", so I am taking the time to pull myself away from grinding Bahamut in Terra Battle to discuss this serious and sensitive matter.

I think we as a community should discourage the use of insensitive terms. Using the term to refer to a transgender person is a no-no. Using the term to refer to what is obviously a running gag character in an anime/manga could be perceived as less insensitive because "that's the joke", but that would ignore the insensitive nature of such a gag to begin with. So yeah, let's not go there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So wait VN
they did hmmm transfer mana by having sex in some version of the Visual Novel ? Hilarious.

Sadly, I wouldn't put it past Shirou.

In the original VN it happens in every route.

Sterok

Re-Kan 10

Now Hibiki gets to have fun scaring the underclassmen. She imitates Tsundere-senpai well. Then we get zombie ghost. Sure. That just sort of happened. At least Hibiki is even more popular now.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah the
ghost was only a representation of his old memories so it didn't bother me at all until the ring handover on the bridge, lol.
otherwise it all worked out and the best girl won, so it's all good. Crazy ride thete though. What's next?

dude, watch Full Moon O Sagashite. Ask Arcadius about it. Its an absolutely incredble series.

goddamn I love that scene so much! Still the same awful aspect ratio potato quality video of it still exists I see.
someone needs to make a new one.

More updates on my blog. Actually managed to visit 6 places in 1 single day when I were in Tokyo, so that was hectic :p

Studio Ghibli Buildings

Shaft Building

Shirobako - Bones Building

Shounen Hollywood - Harajuku Station

Love Live Shop

Clannad - School Building

Thanks as always for these. How do you keep track of stuff in anime and then find the real life places? Is there a database for it?

cajunator

Banned
Love Live is terrifying.

well the fanbase is pretty scary sometimes

FSN:UBW 22

After all the hype for dolphins, the general renown of FSN and all the talk in this episode about establishing rapport and exchanging body heat,
I expected things to go a bit farther than they did.
Not complaining though.

The summoning circle in Shirou's house is also something I wondered about but If my nr 1 suspect behind its appearance is a correct guess, I imagine its also something that will be only revealed in HF.

if it wasnt for Saber, Rin, and Illya, FSN would be absolutely shit. Actually it still is but they always make it tolerable. Amazing how different Fate Zero feels.

I'm feeling like it might be time to watch Mitsudomoe again to see if I still like it. Mitsudomoe is weird for me - the first time I watched it a couple of years ago I really enjoyed it, even if the second series declined a little in quality, imo. But the more I read of the manga the more disconcerting it became for me until I just couldn't bring myself to read any more of it. Something always irked me about the way it was drawn... Anyway, I'm curious to see if I still enjoy the anime to the same extent as I did when I first watched it, or whether it just comes off as weird.

Havent seen it but I believe bgbw is a big fan of this show.

Angry Grimace

FSN

Finished the episode and it's basically what I expected. Those blobs were sure, uh, something. But yeah they could have done a better job explaining that scene since there's practically no weight to it at all since she just gives him it with no real consequence to herself so it ends up making no sense that she was all flustered.

I guess we were deluding ourselves to expect Rin to turn off the tsuntsun even a little in this adaptation. At least the original material lets her stop being an angry jerk every once in a while:

TFKIVgH.png

phaze

Phatmac

FSN

Finished the episode and it's basically what I expected. Those blobs were sure, uh, something. But yeah they could have done a better job explaining that scene since there's practically no weight to it at all since she just gives him it with no real consequence to herself so it ends up making no sense that she was all flustered.

I guess we were deluding ourselves to expect Rin to turn off the tsuntsun even a little in this adaptation. At least the original material lets her stop being an angry jerk every once in a while:

TFKIVgH.png
Did they actually cut this or is it in another route? I don't exactly remember them kissing besides the sex scene.

Jarmel

Banned
I have been asked for clarification on certain matters of regarding the term "traps", so I am taking the time to pull myself away from grinding Bahamut in Terra Battle to discuss this serious and sensitive matter.

I think we as a community should discourage the use of insensitive terms. Using the term to refer to a transgender person is a no-no. Using the term to refer to what is obviously a running gag character in an anime/manga could be perceived as less insensitive because "that's the joke", but that would ignore the insensitive nature of such a gag to begin with. So yeah, let's not go there.

So just use otokonoko then as there isn't an acceptable English substitute word?

Angry Grimace

Did they actually cut this or is it in another route? I don't exactly remember them kissing besides the sex scene.

This is part of the same thing. Shirou tells Rin he doesn't want to have obligatory mana sex and she convinces him to do it by being nice for once.

In the anime she's just tsun constantly.

cajunator

Banned
first there was the dragon. Then there were the dolphins.

If you want the full version in all of its glory you gotta play the VN.

the cutest cg dolphins were in Someday's Deamers. Though that was pretty early cg.

2 years of blobs made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Sabre Rin.

Oh god please no. NO.

I'll have to agree with this. They could easily have made the scene far more meaningful and intimate, instead of using nonsensical symbolism. Sure, don't even imply bumping uglies, but there are so many ways people can be just *close* to each without anything actively sexual going on that going with this kind of presentation is wasteful.

You are giving Type Moon WAY too much credit.

Phatmac

This is part of the same thing. Shirou tells Rin he doesn't want to have obligatory mana sex and she convinces him to do it by being nice for once.

In the anime she's just tsun constantly.
Mannnn either ufo or type moon fucked up by just wanting it to follow the VN strictly. A kiss like this would've been great but we just got more tsundere Rin. Damn that's vexing.

cajunator

Banned
Catch up on SNAFU this weekend on Crunchyroll. Enjoy your blu rays when they come. You know you want to.

you know what? I doubt I can wait till September. I havent wanted to watch something this badly in a while lol.
its yall fault.

Ahaha, it's okay Cajun, it seems that Golden Time is very much a like it or hate it kind of anime, but if you reconsider your thoughts, that'd be great too!

I know the Utawarerumono 2 quote isn't direct at me, but if you say it's a fun adventure, I should probably look into it, especially if there are mega cuties!

I think you would like it. Its different from what you've watched so far.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Tokyo Ghoul episode 1
This got alot of hullabaloo last year but didnt feel the need to watch, i think its because I heard alot of how it eventually deviates from the manga or something like that, or was that akame ga kill? Either way I saw the hype for it, but also so people trying to antihype, and I dont watch anime like I use to so kinda just ignored it all together.
But now im checking it out why not, and...the first epsiode has been pretty good!

The anime so far does have a element of horror, but it isnt the scare you type of horror, I kinda get a psychological emotion of feeling the main character slowly realizing that he is a ghoul and would have to eat other humans. Atleast thats what I think, pretty interested to see more.

cajunator

Banned

I think thats more than fair. Its wise to not use the term at all if possible.

Don't worry. Summer Anime is getting locked within a week.

WE WILL ENDURE

Tokyo Ghoul episode 1
This got alot of hullabaloo last year but didnt feel the need to watch, i think its because I heard alot of how it eventually deviates from the manga or something like that, or was that akame ga kill? Either way I saw the hype for it, but also so people trying to antihype, and I dont watch anime like I use to so kinda just ignored it all together.
But now im checking it out why not, and...the first epsiode has been pretty good!

The anime so far does have a element of horror, but it isnt the scare you type of horror, I kinda get a psychological emotion of feeling the main character slowly realizing that he is a ghoul and would have to eat other humans. Atleast thats what I think, pretty interested to see more.

Season 1 was good as a standalone it's just that season 2 screws up pretty badly. Anyways I would also recommend you the manga because it's solid and one my favorite series, plus it's much superior to the anime. Also the anime doesn't include tarot cards like the manga does which helps with characterizing most of the cast.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul episode 1

First season is decent though it skips a lot and rearranges 2 arcs. Root A-the second season is an anime original route with non existent production values and awful story. Avoid.

There really isn't any horror. It's pretty much a straightforward battle shou... tfu seinen.

Baalzebup

You are giving Type Moon WAY too much credit.

Nah. I just occasionally dabble at having a slightly more positive outlook on things and express hope for all kinds of entities being better, overcoming, becoming more than they usually are.

And then I put on my well fitting suit of armor, the one called cynicism, that has protected the last vestiges of my sanity for a long, long time. I didn't really expect the scene to be anything better than dolphins, or our current gift of green blobs with some aquatic characteristics.

First season is decent though it skips a lot and rearranges 2 arcs. Root A-the second season is an anime original route with non existant production values and awful story. Avoid.

There really isn't any horror. It's pretty much a straightforward battle shou... tfu seinen.

Yeah it's more psychological if anything than horror. Wait when you say straightforward battle shonen do you mean the manga or anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom