• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too but he doesn't have a tragic backstory or a goal yet.

Well we haven't gotten a good look at his backstory yet so that still could occur.

Bartolomeo would get old really, really fast if he was around long term.

Not really I mean there's always character development, plus his abilities can be really useful to the SH crew. I mean creating barriers to protect the ship or other attacks from enemies would be really helpful to the crew.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music 13 END

I don't really know why I watched this entire series. It was entertaining enough at least but it would've been so much better without Sugita (WOW THIS IS THE FIRST AND LAST TIME I WILL EVER SAY THIS)

That final battle was pretty nuts though. Power levels make no sense in this series but whatever.

Oh I should probably mention how great the Symphogear season names are.

S1 - Meteoroid-Falling, Burning, and Disappear, Then...
S2 - In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music...
S3 - Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist.

I want that third one tattooed on my chest.

Brook can at least interact with the crew somewhat normally. I don't think Bartolomeo could ever do that (and if he did, I'm not sure what his character would actually have left to go on).

I feel like I would be fine with Brook if he had a chance to develop or do something. He joined about two days before Shabondy and it felt like we hardly knew him, and since he has been MIA for over a year now we still don't have much of a reason to like him as much as the rest. He started getting some potential in Fishman Island when he learned how his fruit really worked...but we've seen nothing of that since.

I've noticed my comments are usually short but I think JoJo and One Piece are the two topics I could reliably max out character count on a post with
true shonenlord

cajunator

Banned
I have been out with the family all day today, but I just wanted to say to both of you that SAO is awesome and Kirito and Asuna are undeniably cute together so face reality already.

Oh and your favorite anime sucks because I don't like it.

Luv ya'll holla!

Sinon is the clear winner. There is no runner up.

SaYQUCF.gif

This reminds me of my friend when she puked a tropical drink.
she said she puked up a pretty rainbow.

Plastic Memories - 10

...Sigh.

The last scene of this episode was done pretty well. I'll give it that.

But my main problem is that this show is trying its hardest to make me care about Tsukasa and Isla's relationship. It's kind of difficult for me to really feel anything for these two when I know exactly how this is all going to go down in the end!

There's pretty much only three possible endings here:

One: Isla gets deactivated in a very sad, emotional farewell scene.

Two: Isla goes out of control and Tsukasa is forced to take her down the hard way.

Three: A miracle happens and Isla gets to live like a regular human being.

It just gets me so mad that the show went down that predictable route given its pretty interesting premise. There was so many other things that could have been done with this scenario!

Had it not been for the show's premise and writer I probably wouldn't have even considered picking this show up. And yet here I am, 10 episodes in. Might as well finish it now when there's only three episodes left!

Let's see which option they go with.

cajunator

Banned
straight trash that people should feel bad about watching this season: oregairu 2, punch line, nisekoi, fsn, kekkai sensen, grisaia, anime in general.
look at how bad anime is
IrGLzqD.jpg

hoooooooooooooooooooo sheeeeeeeeeeet am i ever lit right now. someone pass me a railing to hang on to because my legs are going wobbly.

Look at all the wrong in this post ^

firehawk12

Subete no aware
hate/ironic watching bad anime has reached Room/Birdemic levels.

I'm eagerly awaiting the RedletterAnimeGAF 'Best of the Worst' show
There is a joy in waiting to see how terrible something can be. That said, SAO peaked with the first season and as disgusting as Saekano was, I don't know how much further down the hole it could get. Maybe if they added a fake-"trap" character (like a certain other anime involving a club and a harem) who makes random 80s movies references to join the harem.

There is a joy in waiting to see how terrible something can be. That said, SAO peaked with the first season and as disgusting as Saekano was, I don't know how much further down the hole it could get. Maybe if they added a fake-"trap" character (like a certain other anime involving a club and a harem) who makes random 80s movies references to join the harem.

B-but nobody watched Blade and Soul anime aside from me , here.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Seraph of the End: Episode 10

Wow, this is a shit show. I can't believe they actually animated it this badly. Like honestly, why the hell do directors this fucking bad have a job? Its beyond me. The execution and writing are horrible too.
Freaking dude just sits there to get killed and says this is my time I guess? The fuck man.
I honestly wanna drop this show down the drain and never remember it again. So bad.

sonicmj1

Please let this air on Toonami. The reactions in the thread would be enough for me to rewatch this trainwreck with you guys.

Who knows if it'll air on Toonami though. You guys still haven't gotten Fate/Zero or Magi yet, both of which would be perfect for Toonami.

You'd think that, and certainly the first half of the show has its moments, but the end is so bland that it'd only feel unsatisfying when all's said and done.

I just want this show to disappear.

Clov

There's so much bad anime that there's more than enough to go around! lol

While true, there's still plenty of great stuff out there as well. Personally I'll never understand why people seek out bad anime instead of focusing on the gems, but one man's trash is another's treasure, I guess.

Personally, there's so many well received works I have yet to watch that I can't imagine wasting my time with something I know is bad. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I haven't watched a single work by Dezaki in the years I've spent watching anime. I think I will end up watching Rose of Versailles next, since that seems to be a pretty popular and influential work.

jman2050

hate/ironic watching bad anime has reached Room/Birdemic levels.

I'm eagerly awaiting the RedletterAnimeGAF 'Best of the Worst' show

Hey now, that's not even ironic hatewatching. Those guys watch their movies and, while they laugh and groan at some of the silly stuff they have, they will actually give their measured opinions on what each movie did well and what they didn't do well. And when they legitimately like something, even if it's bad, they'll plainly state it without hiding behind whatever mental gymnastics some use to save face in front of others.

A Best of the Worst type show would be a massive step up from the approach some people here take when it comes to watching anime.

Now if you're talking about Wheel of the Worst, well, that's a whole other ballgame...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
While true, there's still plenty of great stuff out there as well. Personally I'll never understand why people seek out bad anime instead of focusing on the gems, but one man's trash is another's treasure, I guess.

Personally, there's so many well received works I have yet to watch that I can't imagine wasting my time with something I know is bad. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I haven't watched a single work by Dezaki in the years I've spent watching anime. I think I will end up watching Rose of Versailles next, since that seems to be a pretty popular and influential work.
I think it's easier to consider why something is bad rather than why something is good. Or at least it works out different muscles in the brain, since you usually think of how something bad might be good but - for me anyway - I rarely give a thought to thinking about how something good might be bad.

Rainy

Banned
Steins;Gate 22
Okabe...Okabe...Okabe...
God I was waiting so long for that, finally they both confessed.
What a bittersweet moment though. And that scene at the end...

javac

Like a Shin Sekai Yori level masterpice?

Haha I see what you're doing there :p But seriously, I don't think any show has or will come close to this for me, ever. It has surface level flaws, and it is a story that is made for young audiences and thus takes many liberties with things, but I think the fact that it's a show that's made for audiences of all ages moves me to absolute tears at the gamut of emotions it made me feel, with the notion that young kids would get to watch this, to learn from this show, makes me happy and nothing, nothing is more important than that to me. This is probably the only show I've seen that I'd happily show to my children if I ever had any, a show that I would watch them them, it's a show that I'd urge everybody on this entire planet to watch, a show that is...so pure...so powerful....so beautiful, I can easily say with hand on heart that its the most important show that I've ever watched, and I'll never forget the journey it took me on. I hope that answers your question. I'll write a review up later, and I hope to pour even just a iota of love compared to the love that was poured into this show.

Hey now, that's not even ironic hatewatching. Those guys watch their movies and, while they laugh and groan at some of the silly stuff they have, they will actually give their measured opinions on what each movie did well and what they didn't do well. And when they legitimately like something, even if it's bad, they'll plainly state it without hiding behind whatever mental gymnastics some use to save face in front of others.

A Best of the Worst type show would be a massive step up from the approach some people here take when it comes to watching anime.

Now if you're talking about Wheel of the Worst, well, that's a whole other ballgame...

Those guys are critics and able to dissect a piece of media's strengths and flaws better than most message board posters in general, regardless of whether it's a "hate-watch" type of scenario.

cajunator

Banned
Damn everyone for hyping SNAFU up, now I'm gonna have to go back and finish S1.

same. Just added to my CR queue. Might try to squeeze an episode in this morning after work to at least get started.

Steins;Gate 22
Okabe...Okabe...Okabe...
God I was waiting so long for that, finally they both confessed.
What a bittersweet moment though. And that scene at the end...

Oh god that one. Then the realization. So good.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too 10

Why is this so good! This week was so good. That dude who moved his hands all the time and the sheep following him finally
got put in their place
. Bunch of character progression. I am loving it! Was one of my favorites when the first season aired and this time around it's no different. One of the best animes this season.

Quasar

but one man's trash is another's treasure, I guess.

Certainly that's the main way I process this thread. Otherwise I'd be stuck forcing myself through shows I don't enjoy just because they are liked by a subset of posters rather than watching shows I enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom