• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Plastic Memories 10

D'awwwww the ending was just way too fucking cute.

UBW 22

Let me guess, in the VNs
Shirou and Rin really got it on didn't they.

What happens in the VN is that
they have sex to complete the contract and Rin tells Shirou to be gentle because she's never done it but instead he goes full jackhammer.
It manages to be (unintentionally) funny despite the fact all of these scenes are uniformly awful.

You bet. Sharing mana is a proper euphemism for sex for the VN readers. Happens on the Fate route as well.

Ahhh I see. Were those swimming things supposed to be a visual representation of what happens, even though there really wasn't any sex in the show?

What happens in the VN is that
they have sex to complete the contract and Rin tells Shirou to be gentle because she's never done it but instead he goes full jackhammer.
It manages to be (unintentionally) funny despite the fact all of these scenes are uniformly awful.

LMFAO. The way you put it alone made me laugh hard.

Cornbread78

Oh c'mon. Can't believe we're going through this bullshit again. There's merit in properly discussing all kinds of works, anime included. If I'm not mistaken the majority of users here make somewhat coherent arguments and if they hate a show they're certainly allowed to mention that, too.

Even in my post I said I wasn't against the discussion I merely said I personally find such discussion pointless. Again I don't have a problem with it in the thread I just see zero value in me personally participating because arguing likes and dislikes is a pointless endeavor in my opinion. Everyone is free to hate or like whatever anime comes up and discuss it.

I have been out with the family all day today, but I just wanted to say to both of you that SAO is awesome and Kirito and Asuna are undeniably cute together so face reality already.

kirito-and-asuna-hd-wallpapers.png

Oh and your favorite anime sucks because I don't like it.

Luv ya'll holla!

Jarmel

Banned
Just got caught up with Game of Thrones.

Episode 8 lived up to the hype. Easily one of the best in the series if not flat out the best.

legit screaming

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ahhh I see. Were those swimming things supposed to be a visual representation of what happens, even though there really wasn't any sex in the show?

LMFAO. The way you put it alone made me laugh hard.
This is why she calls him a brute in the episode and it doesn't seem to make any sense.

World Trigger 33

Mikumo going through the houses was pretty exciting.

Mira and Hyrein make a good team. IM starting to remember how most of this plays out cant wait for next episode though, finally Yuma v Mr Viza animated.

Just got caught up with Game of Thrones.

Episode 8 lived up to the hype. Easily one of the best in the series if not flat out the best.

legit screaming

Thank you. Everyone threw tomatoes at me here when I said this on Monday.

This is why she calls him a brute in the episode and it doesn't seem to make any sense.

Now it makes so much more sense. Thanks for that, I guess Ufotable wanted to keep things "clean" but leave some of the references in lol.

Kekkai Sensen 10

This week there were a ton of laughs. Love how the scene at the start made no sense, and they went back in time to explain the events up to that point. Also what is this about a recap episode? Are you telling me that after this week's ending, I'll have to wait for 2 weeks to see what happens next?!

Kekkai Sensen 10

This week there were a ton of laughs. Love how the scene at the start made no sense, and they went back in time to explain the events up to that point. Also what is this about a recap episode? Are you telling me that after this week's ending, I'll have to wait for 2 weeks to see what happens next?!

It's pretty much episode 10.5. So you'll have to wait 2 weeks to see what happens after that cliffhanger we got for episode 10.

Aki-at

Hopefully the recap is just episode 10.5 or something and not part of the 12. Rage of Bahamut had a recap episode as a 12 episode series, but it didn't take up one of the episodes.

Don't worry the Recap episode is 10.5 not 11, just a normal recap. We will still have episode 11 and 12 left.

https://twitter.com/some_one11/status/607249095120416768

Thanks for letting me know chaps, glad to know the finale is going to be a two parter, I was worrying it might be a single epiosde after I saw the next episode preview.

Cornbread78

She was busy drinking harder than a fish and the vomit is the end result.

Kore wa Zombie desu ka: the one throwing up with the guy in shock

Other pink haired girl. D-Frag

*runs to MAL*
Synopsis
Aikawa Ayumu is a normal high school boy. One day he is killed by a serial killer and revived as a zombie by a necromancer named Eucliwood Hellscythe. He starts to serve Eu as her guard but he happens to deprive the masou-shoujo Haruna of her magic power. Haruna orders Ayumu to fight against the anti-masou-shoujo system "Megalo" in her place.

Genres Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Harem, Magic, Supernatural
Duration24 min. per ep.
RatingR - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Yup, makes sense, lol

Articalys

When Marnie Was There

Made it out to a theater to see this, like with the last two Ghibli films. I'll skip the usual bit where I complain about American theater audiences, though this group was a bit better behaved than most.

Really enjoyed the movie. If this ends up being Ghibli's theatrical swan song, it's certainly up to the task, though Kaguya would probably have been more artistically appropriate. Not to say I'm not glad this movie got made. Lovely scenery and animation as par for the course, and the soundtrack was excellent. Story was good; had me guessing at the secret for a while before
I finally got 99% of the way there after the silo scene and the flashback story made the rest obvious.

Anyway, I liked this better than Arrietty as far as Yonebayashi's two films go. I do hope Ghibli can get itself restarted sometime in the future.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fanbase-on-fanbase crime is really, really bizarre to me. I don't know, is there some kind of high from telling people a thing they like sucks?
straight trash that people should feel bad about watching this season: oregairu 2, punch line, nisekoi, fsn, kekkai sensen, grisaia, anime in general.
look at how bad anime is
IrGLzqD.jpg

hoooooooooooooooooooo sheeeeeeeeeeet am i ever lit right now. someone pass me a railing to hang on to because my legs are going wobbly.

Hm, I noticed dimb didn't mention Plastic Memories in that list of his. Glad I don't have to feel bad about watching that!

I mean, I DO feel bad about watching it, but at least I have the pleasure of knowing that I shouldn't feel bad about it. :D

straight trash that people should feel bad about watching this season: oregairu 2, punch line, nisekoi, fsn, kekkai sensen, grisaia, anime in general.
look at how bad anime is
IrGLzqD.jpg

hoooooooooooooooooooo sheeeeeeeeeeet am i ever lit right now. someone pass me a railing to hang on to because my legs are going wobbly.

I don't feel bad watching that series because it isn't trash so jokes on you.

Seriously though why are you so negative? Is it because of anime?

One Piece 696

Rebecca is probably the worst character in One Piece. She is pretty much every negative aspect Oda has ever put into a female character combined and she's half the reason I'm not too keen on Dressrosa.

I hope at the end of Dressrosa she goes back to her home planet and we never have to see her again.

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories ep.10
WOW, the heart and soul of this series is with Isla and Tsukasa's relationship and the circumstances they are facing with it. I've now decided that I'm not going to watch ep.13, my heart couldn't handle it. If I do, I will need someone to be there by my side with a sedative and a few beers. Maybe just some Gray Goose and cran-grape juice..

Seriously though, that was an unbelievable moment both with
Isla's confession of love of Tsukasa and request to make new, lasting memories with him by staying by his side and then Tsukasa's confident and reassuring response.
My goodness, that was well written and expressed realistic emotions perfectly for the situation.

Even if you know nothing can come out of the relationship with these two, the story has been great. Episode 11 should be great, but episode 13 I'm not sure if I can watch it or not. I mean I can see why some wouldn't appreciate this story, but for these two it is so well written. Damn the was cute and sweet and cuddly and makes me want to spout useless nonsense to my wife.

BTW, I really hope the author for the LN keep this world alive and create new stories after this one is done. Sooo much potential here.

I just want to say that I love you guys and thank you for the past six months... I need a cigarette now.. XOXOXO

ibyea

Banned
look at how bad anime is
IrGLzqD.jpg

HAH!

One Piece 696

Rebecca is probably the worst character in One Piece. She is pretty much every negative aspect Oda has ever put into a female character combined and she's half the reason I'm not too keen on Dressrosa.

I hope at the end of Dressrosa she goes back to her home planet and we never have to see her again.

And to think there were some people who actually wanted her to join the SH crew.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hm, I noticed dimb didn't mention Plastic Memories in that list of his. Glad I don't have to feel bad about watching that!
I cannot realistically list every show that is not good. Especially when I don't watch them. Like, I could say Madhouse has turned into Badhouse, and that their recent adaptations have been like watching someone root around in a dumpster, but people should be able to intuit that without it being said.

Cornbread78

This is an original animated series. There was no source material created for the series.

I read that they were making one for it after this series aired. I'm not sure if it was just the same story though, I'll try to find the article.

Edit:
A spin-off manga adaptation, illustrated by Yūyū and titled Plastic Memories: Say to Good-bye (プラスティック・メモリーズ Say to good-bye), features Michiru Kinushima as the protagonist. It will begin serialization in the June 2015 issue of ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G's Comic. The first tankōbon volume, which contains chapters published before the serialization, was published on April 27, 2015.[4]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom