• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Hestia ranked and the other DanMachi girls didn't.
HELL YES

Poor cajun.
JuPHXzX.gif

tumblr_nmi3clbqdF1spbhxao1_500.gif

Honestly I'm suprised for Kekkai Sensen to rank on Newtype let alone have a character rank in the top 10. I mean considering it's always the same shitty characters, but all is good in the world.

Though UBWs destroying the ranks makes me salty, I guess I'll just take what I get. Wait I forgot something, where's Jesus Yamato though.

kmax

Hibike Euphonium.

Shuuichi reminds me of Jorah in Game of Thrones. You're not going past that friend zone my friend.

Began and finished the 13 episodes of Sukitte ii na yo/Say "I love you" yesterday; it was a cute and enjoyable series. Ending was unfulfilling however.

Edit: The OP was very soothing to listen to, props for that.

Triage X - END

BUY THE BDS. I know this show isn't all that great but what a fucking shitty end. Maken-ki is still Xebec's best T&A show of the past year.

Arcadius

Banned
Yuru Yuri♪♪

Yaaaay, a great continuation of Yuru Yuri S1. Full of laughter and fun, just an all around great slice of life.

Of all the girls, I felt bad for Akari Akaza; the lack of presence she has, so tough! Kyouko Toshino is still energetic, vibrant and full of spirit; great character for humor.

All the girls are great though, Chinatsu, Yui, Kyouko, Akari, Chitose, Chizuru, Himawari, Sakurako and Ayano, all cute and fun girls.

I hope in the next season, they play the yuri elements some more. I know Yuru Yuri isn't really about yuri, but the basis is there; it'd be really neat to see
Himawari and Sakurako get together or Chinatsu with Yui or Ayano with Kyouko

Even without the yuri being so pushed, Yuru Yuri♪♪ and Yuru Yuri are great fun to watch; slice of life goodness to the dot.

cajunator

Banned
Lili is a jerk who left bell to die for profit. Can't say I care for her.
Meh. Thats in the past. Cuties make mistakes.

Mondaiji was light hearted and fun, despite some harsh arcs.

Overlord is 200% serious business ... there are wars, kindgoms politics, treacheries, assasinations , complots , villages burned to the ground and genocides , and so on.
The MC and cast is there in for their personnal gain and god so many characters will have some very harsh and abrupts "deaths".

It's not an happy place.
But the overlord group relationships and dialogs is where the light part of the show is , that and the MC internal monologue ( i hope they keep it ).
It's a delicate balance

Sounds intriguing. I dont mind a more serious show if its done well.

Quasar

I'm ready for this season to be over so everyone will forget Danmachi and then latch onto something worse

With the books riding high (dunno if this is a anime spike or not) I suspect this won't be the end of it.

Next season though.....Prison School, Monster Musume and more TLR Darkness. Plenty to glom onto.

Cornbread78

With the books riding high (dunno if this is a anime spike or not) I suspect this won't be the end of it.

Next season though.....Prison School, Monster Musume and more TLR Darkness. Plenty to glom onto.

More Danmachi is a good thing, lol.

Ecchi, ecchi and more ecchi.. hurray for summer love (lewd)..

Any good slice of life or romance anime coming other than that Non Non show?

Mushishi: Hihamukage

At first I was a little worried that this wouldn't hold up, or feel like the first season of Mushishi. The gap between the first season and this is roughly 8 years.
After this I can say that I still feel the magic. The soundtrack and atmosphere is on point, the familiar 'attention' to the faces is still showing, and my god the art is still a treat. I have little doubt this would be exclusive to the special, and I expect the following season to maintain the works.
What stood out to me in this, and perhaps what I appreciated the most, was the glimpses during the eclipse. Showing many, if not all of the people Ginko helped on his journey throughout the first season. It made it all feel connected, despite the formula of the show being episodic.
As for the specific story in this I feel it didn't have the impact on me as some of the other episodes have. I felt it tied up a bit too easily and convenient. That said I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this, and despite it being twice the length of a normal episode time just flew by.
I hope people who haven't experienced Mushishi yet and reads this, gives it a try!

How was season 1-2 of working?
I liked it a lot. I watched season one when it aired, but never watched season two for some reason, I didn't even know it existed. I watched it recently and it's a really fun and quirky show with a bunch of goofy characters. Looking forward to seeing season 3, specially since I feel like this one will have romance between two of the main characters. Heck, maybe 4 since it's the last season and all, and there were hints already at the end of season 2.

Cornbread78

I liked it a lot. I watched season one when it aired, but never watched season two for some reason, I didn't even know it existed. I watched it recently and it's a really fun and quirky show with a bunch of goofy characters. Looking forward to seeing season 3, specially since I feel like this one will have romance between two of the main characters. Heck, maybe 4 since it's the last season and all, and there were hints already at the end of season 2.

Very interesting. So far, I feel summer is going to be a huge letdown from this spring though..

Hopefully, Charlotte, Monster, Classroom, Prison and TLR can save it.

Mhm mhm, summer is going to be quite amazing if there is a lot of ecchi ecchi!

Lol, watch season 1 of Samurai Bride and you won't be disappointed either!

Very interesting. So far, I feel summer is going to be a huge letdown from this spring though..

Hopefully, Charlotte, Monster, Classroom, Prison and TLR can save it.

Lol, watch season 1 of Samurai Bride and you won't be disappointed either!

Corn you should also add Gangsta to that list because if the studio adapts it really well the anime will be contender for AOTS.

I'm not lying though because the source material is actually good, unlike all the shitty ecchi trash we're gonna get in Summer.

I'm a man of my word.
I'll be checking it out, it looks cool. As for me, I can't wait for God Eater. Ufotable please deliver, the game material has so much potential for a crazy action show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there a list of the "new" cast for the gender-swapped Gintama?

I also find it funny that the person subbing Gintama for CR came awfully close to using "cunt" in the subs. :p

sonicmj1

I don't know how people haven't realized that Newtype polls aren't representative of anything, especially after Gothicmade was dominating the polls despite showing in just the tiniest handful of Tokyo theaters.

As somebody who has read Gangsta it isn't THAT good. I came in hoping it was yakuza manga and instead I got another shonen-like action manga with tropes galore.

They even that shot where the new enemies are introduced and they're looking down on the city from the top of a building while all of them trying to look as hardcore as possible.

But to remind you it isn't shonen it has like prostitutes and sex. AW YEAH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom