• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibyea

Banned
Kill La Kill Documentary-500 Days of Hell
snip

Goddamn, my heart goes out for them. I have pulled all nighters, heck I have stayed up from 12 Am to 12 Pm for astronomical observations with my advisor, but never something as stressful like that. That was torture enough for me, I can't even imagine what they go through making anime.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Have you ever considered that either yours (or perhaps, society's) expectations of "acceptable" masculinity might be too narrow?

Nah, man, Rito is pretty much the Greek God of the Wussy harem leads. His harem includes literally every female in the royal family of the entire galaxy (who are, of course, all famous across the galaxy for their look), who explain to him that they all want the D and that marrying them will make him king of the galaxy, and the king of the galaxy is not only allowed to, he is supposed to have an actual harem. All of them are okay with this, and he is explicitly in love with at least one of them. Surprise! He doesn't do shit ever.

Link Man

Banned
Kanon 17

Like Shiori, this show puts on a smiling face, but there's an undercurrent of sadness and dread permeating nearly everything. There are moments of this already, but I do wonder what will happen when it fully gives in to the despair.

And then there's this pearl of wisdom:
86oR060.jpg

Lain

Symphogear G 1-13

I still remember being disappointed by the first season because of the fake dramatic buildup
not that I wanted to see Hibiki die, but still...
. It could be argued that the same was done here, although I guess it wasn't done on the same level and that made the various events more bearable/acceptable.
The show was, on the whole, just as dumb as the first one, with some failure in logic on the part of the girls, phoned in bad guy with idiotic reasons and not that great production quality, but I still enjoyed it. The fights while singing is still a cool concept, some of the fight scenes were cool even if the animation wasn't all that, there was a certain level of humour and, when all is said and done, I like Hibiki and her harem of girls.

Now I'm ready for the next Symphogear.

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works S2 22

I don't think I commented on episode 21, so I'll put it in here that I was glad Shinji ended the way it did and, in regard to episode 22, I'll say that his looks match his personality better now.

Shiro has been awesome thus far and he keeps being awesome. I'm a Saber person but I can't not approve of the Rin love and relationship when she ends up looking so adorably cute.

phaze

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure (2012) - 18-26

Yeah, so I finally got around to finishing this after holding off on it for like, a year.

I really wish I didn't do that.

Now the question is can I catch up with Stardust Crusaders before it finishes next week?

You can just watch first 5 episodes and then skip to the second half of ep 42 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just saw Pupa... WTF was that?

No, I'm not scandalized by the acts, but story itself made non sense and never went anywhere. Nothing got resolved. Actually, did this series had any structured act at all?
True Art.

Unbridled from the norms that bind us, mere humans.

Arslan Senki 10

Still poor.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
D.N.Angel Episode 1

Yea, so I decided against watching more Hyouka and I am fine with this tough I am not really impressed with this next choice so far either. I will say it became a lot better once it stopped being s generic high school shonen series with an extremely punchable protagonist and turned into Kaitiou Saint Tail for some reason. Might give this a couple of episodes to see if it worth retaining.

Reknoc

Macross Frontier - 8

This is my top episode so far. So no combat other than footage from the last episode, just wacky hijinks as Sheryl decides to check out Alto's school.

Then like half way through it became like the one Geass episode where everyones chasing a cat with Zero's helmet, only this time it's a space alien thing and Sheryls underwear.

Fun episode overall, in fact it was so fun that towards the end the Pirates of the Caribbean theme played.

Thoraxes

Ping Pong arrived today, so I decided to take some pictures of my recent acquisitions.

Off to rewatch the joys of Ping Pong with my Mrs now. ;D
Wonder why mine hasn't shipped from TRSI yet...
I had it bundled with something else that comes out a full week earlier than it, heh.

However, I really should finish my Yamato BD collection soon...

Reknoc

How good is this compared to the original Macross?

Well there's no Minmei, Kaifun, headache enducing Zentradi voices, and it's only 25 episodes so probably not going to feel like it should have ended ages ago. On the other hand there's no Max. It's hard to say at the moment, but Ozma Lee is a huge Fire Bomber fan so I think that it's probably the better series.

Well there's no Minmei, Kaifun, headache enducing Zentradi voices, and it's only 25 episodes so probably not going to feel like it should have ended ages ago. On the other hand there's no Max. It's hard to say at the moment, but Ozma Lee is a huge Fire Bomber fan so I think that it's probably the better series.

Have you seen the other Macross series? Are they worthwhile?

Also Max is the best thing about Macross lol.

Reknoc

Have you seen the other Macross series? Are they worthwhile?

I've seen almost all of them, Macross Frontier is my penultimate watch including the movies then I have Macross II to watch (just for completions sake).

I'd say they're all worthwhile with Macross 7 being the most worthwhile despite its rough start.

Narag

I've seen almost all of them, Macross Frontier is my penultimate watch including the movies then I have Macross II to watch (just for completions sake).

I'd say they're all worthwhile with Macross 7 being the most worthwhile despite its rough start.

FtagloU.jpg

The only thing Macross II was good for was Macross 7 parodying it by giving its songs to the Jamming Birds.

You should watch the Macross Frontier films.

Nanoha Vivid 10

Speed vs. Power Tank.
The result was obvious from the start, but I didn't expect Victoria to effectively two-hit ko Chantez at the end, that was fucking beautiful and she barely took any damage at that.

Reknoc

The only thing Macross II was good for was Macross 7 parodying it by giving its songs to the Jamming Birds.

You should watch the Macross Frontier films.

Oh, I will, that's why I said including them, I just lump all the extra stuff together like with Macross 7 and the OVAs.

Didn't realise the Jamming Birds sang Macross II stuff. :bow: kawamori :bow:

Ore Monogatari - 10

At first I though the setup event for the episode was quite ridiculous, then i thought about how in a previous episode
he went into a burning building then jumped out the window to escape
so its not exactly out of line with the rest of the series but it perhaps could have been executed better. Still very much enjoyed the rest of it though.

javac

That's not how you spell Misa. The OG Macross is top 5 for me, but I didn't like Maximilian Jenius (try saying that with a straight face lmao) at all. Worst character in the series. Even Kakizaki was more fun than that doofus!

D.N.Angel Episode 1

Yea, so I decided against watching more Hyouka and I am fine with this tough I am not really impressed with this next choice so far either. I will say it became a lot better once it stopped being s generic high school shonen series with an extremely punchable protagonist and turned into Kaitiou Saint Tail for some reason. Might give this a couple of episodes to see if it worth retaining.

Lots of potential , but no real pay-off.
Not bad , but some parts really are generic.

Cornbread78

Have you ever considered that either yours (or perhaps, society's) expectations of "acceptable" masculinity might be too narrow?

No. Society's expectation of a harem are the same as what they were meant to be for thousands of years now. However, the anime adaptation of a harem master is where he does not utilize woman in the same was as they were used in a true harem and he is reluctant and/or embarassed to embrace, look at, or get sexually involved with any of the ladies. As a man, he stepped up in that first episode, however, with the ladies, he is yet another wuss bag MC.

Kanon 17

Like Shiori, this show puts on a smiling face, but there's an undercurrent of sadness and dread permeating nearly everything. There are moments of this already, but I do wonder what will happen when it fully gives in to the despair.

And then there's this pearl of wisdom:
86oR060.jpg

Yeah I hear you. This show has a strange eerie and ominous feel in th e background throughout. The director does a great job making you feel that as well. I can't say much else since you're nearing the deadline, but yeah, enjoy the final run!

Puruzi

Banned
No. Society's expectation of a harem are the same as what they were meant to be for thousands of years now. However, the anime adaptation of a harem master is where he does not utilize woman in the same was as they were used in a true harem and he is reluctant and/or embarassed to embrace, look at, or get sexually involved with any of the ladies. As a man, he stepped up in that first episode, however, with the ladies, he is yet another wuss bag MC.
You keep saying this over and over.
Stop watching harem anime if you expect anything to actually happen.
Just watch hentai, lots of hentai MCs fuck their harems.

Cornbread78

You keep saying this over and over.
Stop watching harem anime if you expect anything to actually happen.
Just watch hentai, lots of hentai MCs fuck their harems.

Lol, I hear ya, but so many shows are also harems, so maybe you might run into a good one once in awhile, but yeah, harem anime as a whole is meh. Everyone said Tu Love Ru is just a fun one, so that's what I was going for. Unfortunately, there are no good storylines to follow in hentai, lol

javac

Hayase is my second favorite character though.

Last pic is kinda spoilery, it's an old ass show but I have a brother who I've convinced to watch Macross soon and I wouldn't want it spoiled for him :)

In any case, I just didn't really like him, but its not like I hate him, its an awesome show and its hard to really hate anyone in it... outside of fucking Kaifun the fucking fuck. But yeah, just didn't care for Max at all, just indifferent I guess. Also when
Milia falls in love with him
, its really silly, just out of nowhere haha. I found him to be way too perfect with even Minmay calling him good looking...so maybe I'm just jealous D:

Last pic is kinda spoilery, it's an old ass show but I have a brother who I've convinced to watch Macross soon and I wouldn't want it spoiled for him :)

In any case, I just didn't really like him, but its not like I hate him, its an awesome show and its hard to really hate anyone in it... outside of fucking Kaifun the fucking fuck. But yeah, just didn't care for Max at all, just indifferent I guess. Also when
Milia falls in love with him
, its really silly, just out of nowhere haha. I found him to be way too perfect with even Minmay calling him good looking...so maybe I'm just jealous D:

Kaifun did nothing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom