• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatmac

GAF i am disspoint

of course you like the hyperactive loli with giant cans.
Hestia is Bestia it isn't that hard to understand
tumblr_nmpl0pszbV1rdfs2wo1_540.gif

Link Man

Banned
Kanon 16

Looks like it's time for the Stalker-chan arc.

Hmm, people react to meeting Ayu in the strangest way.

lol, breakfast.

lfdrCmR.jpg

Oh my god, this moment.

DiI3AhE.jpg

Show's starting to get meta.

Best flashback ever.

And now for the OP insert: Super 80's Dance Rave Edition!

IRGKQ0W.jpg

Hmm, this seems like an ominous thing to say.

Oh god, getting Clannad flashbacks. The Dangos, mommy I don't want to cry.

And of course this arc hits
after Mai loses her power temporarily

Kanon 16

Looks like it's time for the Stalker-chan arc.

Hmm, people react to meeting Ayu in the strangest way.

lol, breakfast.

lfdrCmR.jpg

Oh my god, this moment.

DiI3AhE.jpg

Best flashback ever.

And now for the OP insert: Super 80's Dance Rave Edition!

IRGKQ0W.jpg

Hmm, this seems like an ominous thing to say.

Oh god, getting Clannad flashbacks. The Dangos, mommy I don't want to cry.

And of course this arc hits
after Mai loses her power temporarily

Do people really love watching shows with this type of character design?

Triage X 10 END
Remember all that shit last week? Let's forgot all that bullshit cause it did not really matter and go for a "please buy the BDs to see boobs" episode.
True trash, glad it is over.

cajunator

Banned
I'm a big overlord fan , but , seriously everything in this world is really "special" but in a good way.Be ready for something really good

I can't stress enough how good overlord is,hopefully , the anime will deliver

So what is this show about? What sort of show is it? Any comparisons to others?

Don't fight it

11376423_413038185567004_1507222379_n.jpg

I will fight for Lili.

cajunator
AnimeGAF's largest consumer of cute
(Today, 02:35 PM)

tumblr_m5s1muasTh1qbaj4uo1_400.gif

Lili is cuter thasn Hestia. Its simply a fact.

John Blade

Kanon 16
DiI3AhE.jpg

Man...animation design sure change now for the better as that female character look like they need to put a noise in the open space or move the eye closer a bit. I am guessing the show is good from what I gather but yea...something can't be unseen now. Not saying it's bad but something you start to think how animation change over the year.

Triage X - 10 [End]

mpKZg.png

Not much of an ending, no real resolution, it kinda just.. ends. First part was them reminding you to buy the blu rays in a very obvious manner while catching up on previous event.
I'm glad it's over.

That's still among my favorite memes (or rather image macros) because it was frequently used during the final season of (AMC's) Dexter on the dexter subreddit and it was so very appropriate. I don't think I've witnessed a nose dive like that. I mean Dexter was never anything special, with it's solid first season but then degrading quality, but that last season managed to stand out as a train wreck nevertheless.

So what is this show about? What sort of show is it? Any comparisons to others?

Overlord is a twist on the "trapped in fantasy world" premise , when usually the MC coming to a new world must know the world , make allies and fight for survival..
But in overlord it's the opposite. The MC is an overlord, the supreme "being" and is there already at the top of the food chain and with trusted subordinates to rely on.

There is still a part of "discovery" since this is a foreign land , and the MC must carefully manage his status ( he is a object of worship ) leading to some very entertaining interractions with the cast.
Overlord is about those characters , what they think , what they do , how they act with the inferior beings know as humans and how their forced meeting will unfold since they shouldn't have met in the first place but did.

As for the backstory of how this started i'll not reveal it , but there are cuties, just not regular cuties

In for skeleton MC

I have a legitimate question for those that watch long running anime such as Gintama or Naruto or whatnot. Doesn't it get boring? I find two-cours sometimes to be boring and too long already, but maybe it's just because I have the attention span of a parakeet.

Naruto was terrible for a long time but I guess not boring. Gintama is mostly episodic with small arcs, hard to get tired of it if you like it.

I think pretty much every long running show enters some sort of period where it drags. Some never recover (One Piece plz recover)

That's still among my favorite memes (or rather image macros) because it was frequently used during the final season of (AMC's) Dexter on the dexter subreddit and it was so very appropriate. I don't think I've witnessed a nose dive like that. I mean Dexter was never anything special, with it's solid first season but then degrading quality, but that last season managed to stand out as a train wreck nevertheless.

Been a while, but I think I genuinely enjoyed season 1, 2 and 4 (dat ending) when it aired. Then season 5 happened and it was all downhill for me. RIP in piss.

cajunator

Banned
Overlord is a twist on the "trapped in fantasy world" premise , when usually the MC coming to a new world must know the world , make allies and fight for survival..
But in overlord it's the opposite. The MC is an overlord, the supreme "being" and is there already at the top of the food chain and with trusted subordinates to rely on.

There is still a part of "discovery" since this is a foreign land , and the MC must carefully manage his status ( he is a object of worship ) leading to some very entertaining interractions with the cast.
Overlord is about those characters , what they think , what they do , how they act with the inferior beings know as humans and how their forced meeting will unfold since they shouldn't have met in the first place but did.

As for the backstory of how this started i'll not reveal it , but there are cuties, just not regular cuties

That sounds fun. So is it sorta like Mondaiji? Those were OP characters put into a new world too.

For you Cajun:

I WILL FIGHT FOR LILI

ibyea

Banned

Lol, I remember my brother ranting about Dexter's last season, and it was something else considering he thought season 6 was dumb.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Unfortunately, GAF has spoken and it has spoken in favor of Shortstack.

That sounds fun. So is it sorta like Mondaiji? Those were OP characters put into a new world too.

Mondaiji was light hearted and fun, despite some harsh arcs.

Overlord is 200% serious business ... there are wars, kindgoms politics, treacheries, assasinations , complots , villages burned to the ground and genocides , and so on.
The MC and cast is there in for their personnal gain and god so many characters will have some very harsh and abrupts "deaths".

It's not an happy place.
But the overlord group relationships and dialogs is where the light part of the show is , that and the MC internal monologue ( i hope they keep it ).
It's a delicate balance

Should I be hyped?

Nope I got the manga for that which is glorious. The anime might as well be a unnecessary extra that's a bonus. I hope it turns out good but all in all my expectations are really low.
The manga is so far along in its story, and everything is so much better than it was at the start that I too think I won't be watching it. That plus there's no way they will be able to recreate some of the scenes without some heavy censoring lol.

Puruzi

Banned
The manga is so far along in its story, and everything is so much better than it was at the start that I too think I won't be watching it. That plus there's no way they will be able to recreate some of the scenes without some heavy censoring lol.

IIRC it's airing on ATX, so the censoring actually won't be too severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom