• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sölf;202685605 said:
You can marry him!

tumblr_o1t23svAVo1uhpv9wo1_500.gif

Cornbread78

Venus to Mamoru ep.2
It's been awhile since I watched the first episode, but it was easy to jump right back in. The show has a nice tone to it, so I'm glad it didn't go super dark when the powerful heroine got
shot by the bad guy
At least the scrawny Mamoru
saved the day even though he did get beaten up
The ending was very cute as well, so just like tgat, we have an official couple before the final episode!

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 459

Hahahahah

We're back in filler mode.

Mayoiga 1-2
They do say self awareness is the first step towards improvement.

"They" are lying

The catastrophic density of idiocy does provide some amusing scenes here and there but overall this was too much on the dull side for me to care.

Kuromukuro - 01

X2ieaSF.png

What's better than wiener-hiding sequences? Very little, that's right.

So this is the CGI Mecha P.A. Works show that I quickly dismissed seeing the trailer. Alas, that was a solid first episode and even though the CGI Mechs still do stand out, the CGI quality is actually rather high and the combat sequences were good. Really liked it when the forcefield shield denied all the projectiles.

Still, this show featuring mecha battles makes me a bit wary.

On the other hand, the first half of the show felt rather well structured and did a good job setting up the characters and world.

Ascheroth

Kuromukuro is great.

Danball Senki #20

That cliffhanger. That cliffhanger.
And we aren't even at the 'real matchups' yet!

Danball Senki #21

This is what TRY was lacking. Actual strategizing and teamwork during battles.
Finals are going to be so hype.

Cornbread78

I didn't see anyone mention it but Persona 5 The Animation: The Day Breakers, this September.

Anyow, all I have to say is: "good bye real word!"

Star Ocean 5- 6/30
Final Fantasy XV- 9/30
Persona 5- Dec-March
Mass Effect: Andro Jan- March
Tales of Berseria- Feb-April

Then you still have Neir2, NiNoKuni2, DQXI, Ys VIII, etc also coming...

Line_HTX

Anyow, all I have to say is: "good bye real word!"

Star Ocean 5- 6/30
Final Fantasy XV- 9/30
Persona 5- Dec-March
Mass Effect: Andro Jan- March
Tales of Berseria- Feb-April

Then you still have Neir2, NiNoKuni2, DQXI, Ys VIII, etc also coming...

I'm shocked you did not mention SAO Hollow Realization in there.

:lol

phaze

Mayoiga 05

This is probably a much dumber show than Big Order is. How blessed we are this season.

That thing at the end looked like a penguin from Mawaru with added Rinnegan.

Cornbread78

No God Eater?

Also is one really only going to play SO5 from July to Oct 1?

Nah, not into the "hunter" style games so much.

I'm picking up UC4 next week, Valkyria Chronicles Remaster in a couple weeks, and I still have yet to scratch the surface of Disgaea V as of yet, so I have plenty to do with that spare time.

Plus, I really only get to play games for about 5 hours a week for the most part, so it works for me.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 459 – She Of The Beginning

Naruto was screaming Sasukes name so much...I loved it, and then that time when Sasuke bumped into him and also the time we had the Sasuke "MY BODY MOVED ON ITS OWN" Uchiha flashbcak moment, awesome.

Ill miss seeing them for a few weeks though Im assuming this Kaguya flashback is more than one episode.

OP was good for Sasuke screaming Naruto name.
Chsv1dHUgAAy7IT.jpg

pbayne

Its going to be hard to avoid any P5 news.

Kare Kano 4

I love how the show uses traffic signs or lights to signify whatever stat.e their relationship is in.
Oh jeez that hand holding. What a perfectly written and paced episode that all built to that one heart warming moment.

DiGiKerot

Huh, the second Zaregoto book is kinda weird in some of its events in a way that doesn't really feel like it'd work all that well outside of being a book, but I look forward to seeing someone trying, I guess!

Kare Kano 4

I love how the show uses traffic signs or lights to signify whatever stat.e their relationship is in.
Oh jeez that hand holding. What a perfectly written and paced episode that all built to that one heart warming moment.

Confirmed for better person than phaze!

I didn't see anyone mention it but Persona 5 The Animation: The Day Breakers, this September.

Man I'm so excited for the anime, hopefully it doesn't spoil the game and it's a prequel of sorts. As for the game, everything about that trailer just looked top notch. Super exciting times that we are in.

Cornbread78

Its going to be hard to avoid any P5 news.

Kare Kano 4

This was me watching the P5 footage (white neko) today..

i8VZpt9.gif

DiGiKerot

What's this series about and/or is it good? That art is pretty evocative. But, then, I like flowers and also the color orange, so that might be a biased impression.

A student who is either a genius, or is apathetic (or perhaps just unsympathetic) enough in a particular fashion to make people around him occasionally think he is, is friends with a girl who is actually a genius computer scientist, a generally ends up getting caught up in situations that end up in people dying, often in stories revolving around what it means to be unusually talented in some degree or other.

The first volume is a pretty disarmingly straight-forward murder mystery for the most part (remote island, cut-off from society and full of eccentrics and all that), but the tone shifts around a fair bit from what I've read. Probably very deliberately - particularly once you get past that initial volume, there's always a sense that you can't entirely trust the narration, as things happen that can only really adequately be described as being "pretty Nisio".

It's maybe not quite as eccentric as something like Monogatari or Katanagatari, but a lot of it is pretty standard Nisio fare (like, the second book opens up with the protagonist trying to erase the memories of having spent time being served food by a genius chef by murdering his tastebuds with terrible University cafeteria Kimchi on a daily basis)

Cornbread78

Quasar ep.3
Ok, why did you guys want me to watch this? So the new lil' loli girl is actually a boy, isn't it? Copper boy wants her to kiss something better, huh... But hey, we got to see more heads rolling and a ton more boob jokes at least..

This IS trash personified.

Looking at all the Monogatari keywords.
Wouldn't surprise me if they reused one of the many Monogatari website templates and forgot to change it.

Though Shaft doing Zaregoto wouldn't be that bad in my opinion though.

DiGiKerot

Maybe it's what Tatsuya Oishi is working on now that Kizu is presumably maybe possibly actually be nearing the end of production. That'd be nice.

Quasar ep.3
Ok, why did you guys want me to watch this? So the new lil' loli girl is actually a boy, isn't it? Copper boy wants her to kiss something better, huh... But hey, we got to see more heads rolling and a ton more boob jokes at least..

This IS trash personified.
Pretty much, the overall plot gets kind of interesting and the red head and Russian shota do get some decent back story later but yeah tis purest trash in so many ways. At least it excels in it's trashiness though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom