• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
alllooksame

literally 2 white haired emilias

Defuser

The only normal interestly fresh relationship in the chart is Re:Zero but it sucks to be Subaru to have his progress keep resetting.

phaze

Chidori is the worst girl in Kiznaiver

Drills is also better than Emilia
ol40nq8yjshs.gif

Oh sweet you're in for quite a ride with Ouran,
one of my all-time favorites so im biased
. BTW have you got around to season 2 of Arakawa yet?

I don't want my favourite comedy to end so I'm putting it off.
0k4tkrdk2jig.png

pbayne

http://koutetsujou-no-kabaneri.wikia.com/wiki/Mumei

Not sure if this is 100% accurate, but it does list her as "12"
The whole comment section is one big argument about her age, lol!

BTW, I saw this online and had to share.

sAjpdaa.png

List is invalid for ignoring the one actual romance show of the season 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki that has 2 established couples already.

Edit: actually that's technically untrue and unfair, Super Lovers is a romance as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Drills is shit. Idol snatched up Hayato instantly but Drills is still waiting for their date after 4 episodes.

You snooze you lose!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Todays story in Anne-Happy is probably better than all the romance shown in any of the shows from that list.

JulianImp

SHAFT + NisiOisiN is the best thing that has ever happened to anime.

This. Their combined efforts resulted in a really dynamic show about people talking with each other for 90% of an episode for crying out loud, even though a couple arcs were a bit on the slower side due to being more about introspection (Hanamono and Ougi's arc in particular).

Cornbread78

Man, another dead season for romance huh?

Yeah, pretty much. We'll see what happens over the summer with ReWrite, ReLife or Hatsukoi Monster..

The only normal interestly fresh relationship in the chart is Re:Zero but it sucks to be Subaru to have his progress keep resetting.

For reals. He was sooo excited for that date too...

Todays story in Anne-Happy is probably better than all the romance shown in any of the shows from that list.

I think we should discuss the latest episode of Anne-Happy and why the end card illustration felt the need to depict one the characters in a rather liberal way in a certain area.

I love you man, keep trying.... I think your the only one watching it, lol

I think we should discuss the latest episode of Anne-Happy and why the end card illustration felt the need to depict one the characters in a rather liberal way in a certain area.
I'm down for this, the show is pretty sweet but both this episode and the last (Ruri choosing her outfit) had weird moments of fan service I could well do without. The show otherwise largely avoids panty shots and crap but the title cards (flashes?) are more than happy to make up for it.

Ren + Hibiki is so damn sweet I may need new fillings, needs to be on that chart next week.

I love you man, keep trying.... I think your the only one watching it, lol

ThereAreDozensOfUs.gif

Jarmel

Banned
Kabaneri-4

This was a bad episode for a number of weird issues. I'll detail them later. Also the new ED song is significantly better.

As for WIT:

eDtuYp8.jpg

JulianImp

Anne-Happy's just too meh, IMO. The characters do a single thing over and over and over (get lost easily, get fractures for nothing, generic bad luck in spite of optimism or falling in love with a sign), and there appears to be nothing there besides this cardboard cast and a random crazy setting that brings them all together (unlucky class, yay!).

Jarmel

Banned
I'm probably wrong about this guess but who was the Kabaneri Ep.4 storyboarder/director?

My guess is Araki storyboarded episode 4.

phaze

Ouran High School Club 04

Igarashi sure likes his arrows huh.

The classical OST is a surprisingly good fit and it has been used to a great effect so far.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kanberi of the Iron Fortress Episode 4:

Right, so the idiot balls have finally culminated into the grand stupidity that is this episode. Though on the other hand, I am glad to see that such idiocy led to the proper conclusion and it will be a cold day in hell before I can ever feel sympathy for such obvious lack of survivability.

Qurupeke

Hyouka 4-5

Mmm, I missed the feeling of enjoying a mystery show because it's actually good and not dumb. I didn't expect a conclusion to the Hyouka story so soon, but I'm pretty sure it will keep being a central plot element. Nevertheless, that was really entertaining. Both the theories they came up with and the truth behind the incident. Really neat transitions between their ideas, which made the whole story interesting instead of relying only to its conclusion. The cherry on top was certainly the visuals that accompanied those two episodes, especially the one at the end. Just stunning.

It was nice seeing scenes outside of the school, even though they remained to the house most of the time. If Eupho is anything to go by, I can expect they'll have some beautiful scenery. On another note, Ibara has grown on me. And she has a smug face and a sharp tongue, I can't hate her. The first screenshot I provide... I empathize with her, though I have to admit they still do a decent job in not making Oreki stand out too much compared to the others. It's more like he exploits everyone's talents, along with his own.

Qurupeke

Hyouka is the title of the first novel in the Kotenbu novel series which the anime adapts. For whatever reason, it was decided to name the anime after this novel.

Interesting. I just googled it and it's certainly more "catchy" than naming it Classic Literature Club/Koten-bu.

Game of Thrones

Oh, good example.
Though on that case I prefer A Song of Ice and Fire, even if it's lengthy for a TV show.

Kabaneri Episode 4

That was a perfect episode. The middle vocal song was amazing as well as a few other songs used. Actually I think thats what I like about these anime, they use vocal songs perfectly like many of my favorite American TV shows, it always sets the mood and works to enhance the scenes.

The blood contract moment was the best and then when yuki kaji character also suggested it, if we could get Ikoma and him please. The baby smiling was also stunning.

I smiled the whole time. really good.

I just came from a biology seminar and I couldnt stop thinking of how much HepC kabaneri must have though :(

Qurupeke

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress 4

Hmm, I think I had mixed impressions of this.

My biggest letdown, which I didn't see anyone mention it yet, was that the show looked considerably worse than usual. It seemed less impressive than the past three episodes and the animation had quite a few "static" moments. However, it still managed to deliver some amazing sequences with really good animation. Also, maximum Sawano.

I agree that the people in this show are pretty dumb. This episode was basically a domino of stupid decisions and hopefully now we're done with this.

Ayame>>>>>>>>>Mumei. Fight me.

Cornbread78

Claymore ep.3
Stupid church guards always screwing things up for people trying to help. They literally just got Clare forked by that yoki. This show is drawm very dark, but that matches its brutal nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom