• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

Sinbad - 3
Wdf was up with that fan service at the end, I don't remember the Magi series ever having it, and we're three episodes in without any. So it stuck out like a sore thumb. And the princess... ugh.

This episode was fine though. A little ham-fusty at the end, but overall pretty fun.

Defuser

wTSKVta.jpg

soon.

She is 12 yet her chest is stacked......only in anime.

Clov

Dear Brother 33

I had a feeling that something terrible was going to happen, because everyone seemed too happy. Even so,
Rei's death was shocking and upsetting. Seeing her gradually turn her life around, and become more independent from Miya was wonderful to see. I really wanted to see her happy for longer.

Line_HTX

BAKUON!! 05

wG1KfQX.png

The ONLY acceptable eyecatch is with The Stig.

So this lady teacher in a drunken fit of sadness says that engine displacement is comparable to how big a man is and the girlfriend ought to ride one with less displacement... PFFFT, GO HOME. Then Raimu has to go take a call from the principal and comes back to said drunk teacher acting out of control.

p9S5DR1.png

If anything happens... Bitch, I'mma kill you. Even if you don't die, I'mma kill you still.

BluWacky

Sinbad - 3
Wdf was up with that fan service at the end, I don't remember the Magi series ever having it, and we're three episodes in without any.

I only watched a few episodes of Magi but distinctly remember the main character being obsessed with breasts to the extent of grabbing then where possible; obviously our recollections are different.

Squishy3

Sinbad - 3
Wdf was up with that fan service at the end, I don't remember the Magi series ever having it, and we're three episodes in without any. So it stuck out like a sore thumb. And the princess... ugh.

This episode was fine though. A little ham-fusty at the end, but overall pretty fun.
You're probably also forgetting the genie boobs

Line_HTX

OK, a while back there was a gif from the Concrete Revolutio Last Song OP that had Hyoma doing the Windmill. Can I get a gif with both Fuurouta and Hyoma dancing? I need it for victory purposes.

Macross 25

Oh, so this is where that quality anime knife fight scene came from. And holy shit, that escalated into marriage fucking fast, they barely said any words to each other.

Line_HTX

Flying Witch 01

2kIPCxH.png

Mandrake is not pleased. Ooooooooooooooooooo...

The OST is so calm, the acoustic guitar tone here is just so relaxing.

Macross Delta 05

QTv8ExA.png

This planet is full of Narags on the beach.

6K2hDwO.png

Take money. WEST SIDE, Bad Boy killas.
Take money. You know who da realist is.
Take money. Mikumo will bring it too! Ey right.
Take money.

Thoraxes

Viz is releasing the first half of Sailor Moon Crystal on BD on August 16th. I wonder what they're doing with the classic series? It's been a while since they released R. I'm going to hope in vain that they're doing an HD scan of the film elements for the remaining seasons, and that's why it's taking them so long.
At least do it for the movies...

Edit: Different topic, but for all your Gundam Build Fighters fans: RightStuf and Sunrise are giving the first season a BD release here on August 2nd. It'll be dubbed too!

Fuck yeah GBF. Seeing them put this between whatever their next series will be in September gives me hope that G-Reco will hit in November now.

Also with Sailor Moon, I was hoping for my year of Ikuhara but they've been quiet on that front for a while now. I hope the same as you do.
I've been getting gundam blurays a full month before the release date from them.
The same is true of Right Stuf.
General timetables of when Rightstuf ships preorders:

Sentai Filmworks: ~1 month before street date.
Nozomi/Sunrise Gundam Releases: ~1-1.5 months before street date.
Viz Media: ~0-2 weeks before street date
Funimation: ~0-1 week before street date
Aniplex of America: 1 week prior or the Thursday before street date.
PONYCAN.US: ~0-2 weeks, or the previous Thursday before street date.
NISA: 0-1 week before street date.

I always use free shipping because i'm just a 3 hour drive east of them. I typically get most of my stuff in 2 days.

There are some deviations here and there depending on release, but these are just my general observations from purchasing a LOT of anime from them. When you bundle things together, if the release dates are about 1-3 weeks close to one another, they will sometimes wait till everything arrives to ship things to you. You'll get your stuff fastest if you order a la carte, though the free shipping is always good from them imo.

Ascheroth

Danball Senki #17

This episode didn't even have tiny toy robot fights and was awesome regardless.
Those reversals. And Bans dad is badass. Takuya too.

Oh yeah, obligatory: WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?? to what happened at the end.
And wait, next episode is already the start of the world tournament? Hell yes.

The soundtrack is awesome, btw.

Hundred - 05

Why do I always pick the most anime ass anime to watch.

-Protag with advanced abilities whom has amnesia
-Female partner who is in love with Protag but hides herself as a boy who has a past with the protag and was there when he lost his memory while he was saving her
-Absurdly stacked tusundre commanding officer who has a crush on the protag and two equally stacked cronies at her side always
-Oh and lets not forget her shota ass shota butler who wears suit shorts and has a collar.
-Sister who is hospital ridden
-Idol who has secret crush on the protag.

Man how do I do this to my self EVERYTIME

Thoraxes

Hundred - 05

Why do I always pick the most anime as anime to watch.

-Female partner who hides herself as a boy who has a past with the protag and was there when he lost his memory while he was saving her
-Absurdly stacked tusundre commanding officer who has a crush on the protag and two equally stacked cronies at her side always
-Oh and lets not forget her shota ass shota butler who wears suit shorts and has a collar.

Picked up.

Hundred - 05

Why do I always pick the most anime as anime to watch.

-Female partner who is in love with Protag but hides herself as a boy who has a past with the protag and was there when he lost his memory while he was saving her

sounds like someone just thought of every single trope and squeeze it into one anime.
Now I really want to watch this shit.

Does Person of Interest get really good at some point? After a lot of praise I've watched the first 5-7 episodes or so and it was average at best with some damn corny protagonists.

Sölf

Does Person of Interest get really good at some point? After a lot of praise I've watched the first 5-7 episodes or so and it was average at best with some damn corny protagonists.

It definitly gets better. I didn't like the first few episodes because it's only monster of the week stuff. Episode 7 is the first episode that actually shows you that there are more things in the background. That's the point where I got hooked. I would say, give another try until maybe mid season, because most of the seasons have a pretty good mid season finale.

Sölf;202685661 said:
It definitly gets better. I didn't like the first few episodes because it's only monster of the week stuff. Episode 7 is the first episode that actually shows you that there are more things in the background. That's the point where I got hooked. I would say, give another try until maybe mid season, because most of the seasons have a pretty good mid season finale.

As someone who just started the series and just finished Ep7 yea 7 is where a bunch of small threads lead up to to start the bigger picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom