• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

5d9c7103034c37889b3f57c38d9b36bc.png

Looks really cool.

Cornbread78

Netoge ep.5
mb52P4D.gif

(more over Sinon, the yandere sniper is coming!)

Damn, for a show that was supposed to be trash, it sure has a lot of pure heart to it as well. It continues to impress me how much fun and heartfelt it really is even through some of the ecchi stuff. The whole "be gentle" line was hilarious, as well as the liquid filled plastic bottles in her room. Her mom was good stuff and I hope she comes back more.... Such an understanding mom leaving Rusian in her care from now on, lol.

The show is just a really good ecchi comedy with some really good heart and feel good moments to it.

Kyousougiga TV 4

Looking back at my old impression posts it seems I didn't think this at the time, but going back to this now I do feel like some of the script is too painfully obvious. Some of Yase's monologuing in particular feels like it's spelling out things which are already perfectly clear from the visuals. I like the concept of Yase trying to hold on to her mother through objects that evoke her memories, but it could be handled a bit more effectively.

Direction isn't as sharp as the first two episodes, but the art design is still neat.

Jarmel

Banned
Mumei is the heroine of the show so it is a valid point to discuss. While the OP does depict her as reminding Ikoma of his sister, how often does that stuff not turn romantic especially in an action show?

This is some Eva Rebuild 3.0 bullshit.

I totally forgot EVA did this first. Anno is truly a pioneer in his field.

pbayne

Now and Then, Here and There 1-2

Lots of pretty neat storybaording and layouts going on here, especially showing the distance between Shu and Lalaru. I like Shu's can-do attitude of "if i don't win today, then the next day, or the next day, or the next day...". He has a lot of quirks and is pretty fun already. Good action so far too.

My God episode 2 happened though and King Hamdo happened. This guy is BATSHIT INSANE. In the space of 5 minutes he goes on maniacal, paranoid rants, rips the hair out of the MC's head, throws a cat so hard against the ground to kill and then proceeds to non-chantly kick the dead cat's corpse, beats the MC to an inch of his life and then orders people to torture him some more. Accompanying that were really rapid cuts, tilted angles and close-ups of his sweaty face, makes this guy look terrifying. I don't know if ive ever hated a character in a less amount of time.

Dennou Coil 12-13

I think it was mentioned to me that these episodes are a bit "fillerish" and it does feel that way but they were still a good bit of fun. 12, lol wut, how do even describe what happens? Everyone grows a beard and plays a weird version of Sims. 13 , aw poor plesio.

Defuser

Where did they even say she was 12 because even in anime that's pretty absurd
Haruhiko Mikimoto's artbook for Kabenari
http://imgur.com/IafxUcf
While the OP does depict her as reminding Ikoma of his sister, how often does that stuff not turn romantic especially in an action show?
It's 1 cour? How much can you crammed in action, the mystery virus, reaching the Kabaneri, the 'final villain' in the OP and other character development so I doubt they will throw in romance despte some blushing. The show is already 1/3 done.

What the fuck, STOP bringing it up. It has ZERO relevance to the story.

Stinks of Chekhov's Gun though doesn't it? I hope the show uses that detail well (assuming the wiki is correct) or just plain ignores it but until they actually do anything with it you're right it's probably best to drop it.

Jarmel

Banned
It's 1 cour? How much can you crammed in action, the mystery virus, reaching the Kabaneri, the 'final villain' in the OP and other character development so I doubt they will throw in romance despte some blushing. The show is already 1/3 done.

It's not like it's a shoujo. I also don't think some of the above stuff like the virus aspect will be all that fleshed out other than a quick five minute segment at most.

phaze

Confirmed for better person than phaze!
You're damning him with faint praise !

Amagami SS + 7-8

zzzz Best arc from og show is the worst in the continuation.

Ouran High School Club 01-03
ouran3xacu.jpg
ouran28gl49.jpg
ouran3h1zby.jpg

^ Moar shots like this pls. I crave them.

About the only thing I knew about this beforehand was that it was
reverse harem or sorts
or something. Throughout the first 20 minutes I kept wondering whether If I misattributed that description but bam ! the ending of the first episode sure cleared things up.

I'm pretty much thoroughly sold on the show by now. Fun premise, entertaining characters, wealth of reaction faces ... The humour isn't quite Araka-tier yet but I chuckled a good number of times. I dunno if it's mostly episodic or not but the self-contained stories were pretty good so far

Line_HTX

qmx0tdl.gif

I don't know about y'all, but so far Mikumo is neck in neck with Sheryl for the tough, cutthroat idol lead that remains composed and calm.

Ascheroth

You should just talk about tiny toy robots instead.

Danball Senki #25

Crisis averted. Next crisis incoming.
They just can't catch a break.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think we should discuss the latest episode of Anne-Happy and why the end card illustration felt the need to depict one the characters in a rather liberal way in a certain area.

pbayne

You're damning him with faint praise !

Amagami SS + 7-8

zzzz Best arc from og show is the worst in the continuation.

Ouran High School Club 01-03

About the only thing I knew about this beforehand was that it was
reverse harem or sorts
or something. Throughout the first 20 minutes I kept wondering whether If I misattributed that description but bam ! the ending of the first episode sure cleared things up.

I'm pretty much thoroughly sold on the show by now. Fun premise, entertaining characters, wealth of reaction faces ... The humour isn't quite Araka-tier yet but I chuckled a good number of times. I dunno if it's mostly episodic or not but the self-contained stories were pretty good so far

Oh sweet you're in for quite a ride with Ouran,
one of my all-time favorites so im biased
. BTW have you got around to season 2 of Arakawa yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom