• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoT is horribly directed and paced. Kabaneri for all of its faults is a much more watchable and entertaining show.

Kabaneri doesn't even have a single particularly good action sequence, and outside of action there's seriously nothing there. Mumei making funny faces was good, I guess.

Can't agree on better directing and while I give you pacing, that means little when that's all it got.

Crunchyroll's down D: I wanted to watch/suffer through more Big Order.

Kabaneri doesn't even have a single particularly good action sequence, and outside of action there's seriously nothing there. Mumei making funny faces was good, I guess.

Can't agree on better directing and while I give you pacing, that means little when that's all it got.

I disagree, I think Kabaneri has a lot going for it. I love the steampunk/feudal-Japan setting, the art is consistently great, and I also think the action is pretty good. It's not my favorite show of the season, but I like it quite a bit.

Wanderer5

Speaking of directors, has it been said of what Yoh Yoshinari could possibly be working on next? He is the director for Little Witch Academia (some more great stuff from Trigger). Maybe some more LWA could be one thing.

TUSR

Banned
Speaking of directors, has it been said of what Yoh Yoshinari could possibly be working on next? He is the director for Little Witch Academia (some more great stuff from Trigger). Maybe some more LWA could be one thing.

No word from Trigger themselves, but they do have an announcement coming up later this week.

Moaradin

AoT feels like real dread and characters can die. And I like the mystery aspect of these titans.

The Kabane are indistinct boring zombies. And there is no feeling of real danger to the characters. And there is no buildup of mystery about the Kabane either. The Kabaneri are overpowered as hell.

The art is nice, too bad the story and characters aren't anything special.

Titans are the one thing AoT has over Kabaneri. They are still pretty unsettling, while The Kabane stopped being threatening after the first episode. They're just boring zombies now.

Kabaneri still has better characters and the pacing isn't anywhere near AoT levels of bad. AoT has a better mystery but I have no faith in any of that stuff paying off. It's probably just gonna drag and hurt the show in the long run.

Titans are the one thing AoT has over Kabaneri. They are still pretty unsettling, while The Kabane stopped being threatening after the first episode. They're just boring zombies now.

Kabaneri still has better characters and the pacing isn't anywhere near AoT levels of bad. AoT has a better mystery but I have no faith in any of that stuff paying off. It's probably just gonna drag and hurt the show in the long run.

I agree, the Titans in AoT were always a danger and constantly unsettling. Their faces always reminded me of the weirder faces people would have in Monster.

Thoraxes

No word from Trigger themselves, but they do have an announcement coming up later this week.

IIRC, Yoshinari and Imiashi were working on something... I think together?

I forgot who said it, but it was someone who went to a panel that mentioned it here.

jonjonaug

I think that was just tweets of in-between animation, not an actual new project announcement. IIRC Yoshinari and Imaishi's things are separate projects too.

Trigger does have an event of some sort coming up in a few weeks, maybe we'll get new info on upcoming projects then.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kabaneri

I am shock that guy that looks and acts like Sephiroth is evil

shock

Rainy

Banned
Rurouni Kenshin 10

crtqd6x.png

Should be an interesting conclusion to this arc, Aoshi is by far the most powerful opponent Kenshin has had.

Gundam Build Fighters 20

Pretty well done fight, with good animation and clear storyboarding. I appreciate that since I felt like last episode's fight between Nils and Reiji had too much effects cluttering up the screen. Calling the episode "Aila's Betrayal" seems a little unfair to Aila here though, since she seemingly had her brain fried by her handler during the battle.

duckroll

So far it seems their logo is only on Luluco. If we also see it on Kiznaiver today, it will mean they are doing it for the shows they are producing, which makes sense.

Maiyoga 10

rpiR3h9.jpg
hDorYaK.jpg

such amazing dialogue

lmfao at yottsun not being dead. I can't even comprehend why he would have been fake killed off in the first place or what the point of him coming back is.

The twist at the end would've been better if it was Lovepon but I think that might have actually killed me

jonjonaug

Maiyoga 10

lmfao at yottsun not being dead. I can't even comprehend why he would have been fake killed off in the first place or what the point of him coming back is.

The twist at the end would've been better if it was Lovepon but I think that might have actually killed me

It's way funnier this way. We are so beyond anything resembling a coherent plot now that it's just like "sure, why not".

Girls und Panzer der Film

Everyone who has seen it already knows how great it is. Those of you who haven't don't know what you're missing!

Jintor

Have never seen Girls Und Panzer, maybe I'll give that a shot.

anime first, then anime ova, then film, then film ova.

you really need to do it in this order because the anime battles while good are nothing compared to the film battles and going backwards in quality is not really recommended. also the film doesn't bother really doing any setting up for newcomers (not that you need a lot of setup for its dumb premise but still)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I can't watch a show about cute girls driving tanks. I can take many bullshit things in anime, but that is crossing a line.

duckroll

Lost (Bad Anime Version) - Episode 10

This was the most painful episode of anime I've sat through this season so far. When Mizushima falls, he crashes hard. It's garbage. This was 20+ minutes of pure exposition compressing the plotlines of 3 seasons worth of Lost into 4 different scenes showing different factions and explaining all sorts of nonsense which honestly I doubt anyone watching the show gives a fuck about.

Imagine if after half of the first season of Lost, suddenly characters like Charles Whitmore, Ben, Jacob, etc all show up without any foreshadowing or development, and the various characters who are split up around the island just get tons of exposition from each of them "explaining" different things to set up some sort of stupid endgame. Nothing makes sense, and the show even acknowledges this by coming up with some bullshit story explanation of how spending too much time in the village will cause people to STOP TALKING TO A NORMAL PERSON.

Help. I'm in a lot of pain...

broz0rs

hi all, first post here. My gf and I decided to give anime a try on Netflix because we're getting burned out by TV shows there.

We really liked "Attack on Titan," and loved "Seven Deadly Sins." Didn't like "Your lie in April." It was a bit too silly and melodramatic for us.

I'd like to get some recommendations for series available on Netflix. Something similar to "Seven Deadly Sins" would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom