• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
KAGEWANI -II- Episode 9-10

God this is fucking stupid. Not in the enjoyably campy way either.

Weaponizing the Kagewani could be interesting, but the way it's portrayed here is the dumbest.

Like I said last week, Kagewani II is just failing in almost every single aspect and it makes me sad.

Maaaaaaaaan do I not care about the military trying to weaponize some monster and it turning out to be a bad idea because its ALWAYS a bad idea. Ain't these dudes ever seen Jurassic Park? I would much rather it be about regular citizens trying to survive from some cryptid with Banba showing up sometimes.

Like I said last week, Kagewani II is just failing in almost every single aspect and it makes me sad.

Maaaaaaaaan do I not care about the military trying to weaponize some monster and it turning out to be a bad idea because its ALWAYS a bad idea. Ain't these dudes ever seen Jurassic Park? I would much rather it be about regular citizens trying to survive from some cryptid with Banba showing up sometimes.

Kagewani is one of the biggest examples of a collapse in quality between seasons that I've seen. It's very sad.

Narag

Someone had since the Kagewani in the rescue ep were raptor ripoffs!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kabaneri 8

Any positive the show got before has been slowly going down. Mumei's character keeps getting worst and worst, and this new set of characters introduced this late in the game? Ugh.

At this point it is best to view Kanberi as a big dumb summer action movie because that is pretty much what it is.

Someone had since the Kagewani in the rescue ep were raptor ripoffs!

They tried to do a Tremors thing this episode again but they already did that last season and that ep owned because there wasn't some badass tuning fork girl trying to fight them. The monster just looked goofy too coming out of a kid's body.

Aki-at

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 10

Man, this
death still gets me, especially Elicia line when Hughes is being buried.

Shiki - 9

Seems kind of strange
everyone would abandon their morals as soon as they became vampires, wonder if they're going to expand on that later on or not.

download.png
download_1.png
...how the fuck does that make any sense at all?

So you're gonna transform the enemy into Kagewani? Creatures that can't be reasoned with or controlled...and are at least twice as deadly as the average man.

Wut?

...how the fuck does that make any sense at all?

So you're gonna transform the enemy into Kagewani? Creatures that can't be reasoned with or controlled...and are at least twice as deadly as the average man.

Wut?

Yeah but then they can't communicate. Haha great ideas

*2,000th lab gets overrun by science gone wrong and playing God*

Crocodile

Space Patrol Luluco - 10

tumblr_m39ms1Fa7d1qcjgu9o1_500.jpg

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - DIU 10

I don't know if this was the greatest episode of anime ever made as I was lead to believe it would be but this was still damn good. What exactly does Pole Jam (LOL) do? Most Stand abilities are pretty straight forward. It just heals people? The dead skin bit was kind of gross. It's also weird that a chef who was so concerned about keeping his kitchen clean would bring a mass of that back towards the kitchen (or at least it looked like he did) or keep a dog mere feet away. Sure blah blah realism but that is an interesting....contrast.

Hype for next week for ma boi coming back on the scene (though I don't expect him to get involved in the fight of course) and the next true boss encounter.

I don't know if this was the greatest episode of anime ever made as I was lead to believe it would be but this was still damn good. What exactly does Pole Jam (LOL) do? Most Stand abilities are pretty straight forward. It just heals people? The dead skin bit was kind of gross. It's also weird that a chef who was so concerned about keeping his kitchen clean would bring a mass of that back towards the kitchen (or at least it looked like he did) or keep a dog mere feet away. Sure blah blah realism but that is an interesting....contrast.

Pearl Jam enhances the food Tonio cooks and when it goes inside the body it just heals. Yeah you can probably use this to kill dudes but Tonio is a cook through and through.

Narag

Yeah but then they can't communicate. Haha great ideas

*2,000th lab gets overrun by science gone wrong and playing God*

What's funny is this is getting back to this post earlier

Looking from the outside, I am getting the impression that some people just don't want to see entirely predictable and standardized genre tropes (whether zombie, shounen or otherwise) in their AoT clone show.

Is that correct?

FutureCard Buddyfight: DDD (Triple D) Episode 10

Dash Kazakiri was amazing especially when he combined with Winning Maximum! I loved all his cards so much, vehicle card decks are the best in all of these shows (YGO, CFvanguard, and now Buddyfight).

Funny and weird episode though since Gao was turning into a fish and all this fish puns.

Soul Eater 24

Medusa bites the dust. She loses but still wins because the Kishin (probably spelling that wrong) has returned.
Stein gets quite a bit of focus in this episode which I liked. Good episode overall.

Cornbread78

Big Order ep.8
What the fuck did I just watch? Well, at least we might get a real baby in 9 months now, lol. I'm not sure what this show is trying to do in the slightest. ...

Cardfight!! Vanguard G STRIDE GATE Episode 26 EngDub

Yes a new Cardfight!! Vanguard G seasons and it starts right off where the last episode ended though the resolution is a bit
odd, since Ryuzu just dies of natural causes without providing much in the way of answers. How cheap or rather how surprising!

Favorite moment from the new ED

Best new character (Hiroki Moriyama)

Dennis

Banned
OK sounds like I need to give it a shot.

Also, remember when Anime-GAF was pretending Kabaneri was better than Attack on Titan?

aahahahahhahaha how we laugh.

Dennis

Banned
Kabaneri is watchable.

I am anxiously awaiting the return of Attack on Titan, why must the wait be so unbearable? Best current show is best.

By the way does anyone know if there will be another season of Tokyo Ghoul?

kewlmyc

I think AoT still edges Kabeneri out, if only because AoT has more concrete rules. Kabeneri just feels like stuff is happening at random.

Dennis

Banned
AoT feels like real dread and characters can die. And I like the mystery aspect of these titans.

The Kabane are indistinct boring zombies. And there is no feeling of real danger to the characters. And there is no buildup of mystery about the Kabane either. The Kabaneri are overpowered as hell.

The art is nice, too bad the story and characters aren't anything special.

Clov

I've watched 7 episodes of Kiznaiver so far. I really should have given this a shot from the beginning, since it's much better than I expected! It's definitely not something that I'd expect out of Trigger, since I associate them more with their Ninja Slayer/Luluco style of works. It's not nearly as bombastic as other Trigger works, and it doesn't rely on dumb humor like a good portion of them do.

The characters have colorful personalities, but what makes everything really work is how they feel like a real group of friends. Their personalities all bounce off each other really well, which makes the scenes where they're all together fun to watch. It also helps make me care about the more serious scenes in it. I really love the main cast in the show, and it's wonderful seeing them get closer to each other. I can't wait to watch more!

So, I've watched 7 episodes of Kiznaiver so far. I really should have given this a shot from the beginning, since it's much better than I expected! It's definitely not something that I'd expect out of Trigger, since I associate them more with their Ninja Slayer/Luluco style of works. It's not nearly as bombastic as other Trigger works, and it doesn't rely on dumb humor like a good portion of them do.

The characters have colorful personalities, but what makes everything really work is how they feel like a real group of friends. Their personalities all bounce off each other really well, which makes the scenes where they're all together fun to watch. It also helps make me care about the more serious scenes in it. I really love the main cast in the show, and it's wonderful seeing them get closer to each other. I can't wait to watch more!

Kiznaiver is different than Ninja Slayer/Luluco because it is directed by Hiroshi Kobayashi instead of Imaishi or Amemiya.

AoT feels like real dread and characters can die. And I like the mystery aspect of these titans.

The Kabane are indistinct boring zombies. And there is no feeling of real danger to the characters. And there is no buildup of mystery about the Kabane either.

The art is nice, too bad the story and characters aren't anything special.

I've been saying this from the beginning but AnimeGAF was largely very intend on hyping Kabaneri up for some strange reasons. Part of it was because most (or many?) seemed to dislike AoT but...still wanted AoT just better? But then they hype up what obviously appeared to be little more than a knock-off?

Guess part of it is the usual steampunk hype.

AoT > Kabaneri by a mile, as I've been saying since early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom