• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Digimon Tri #4-8
Ken reprising his role as the bad guy feels like a pretty obvious red herring, and it didn't help that the agent lady did a ridiculously stupid thing by taking the new mysterious cat digimon and leaving it alone in a place with nobody else around when she was dead serious about doing her job and not relaxing up to then. I had to do something else for a while so I ended up interrupting the episode, and thinking about it in the meantime made it ridiculously obvious that she was a bad guy because of how out-of-character what she did was... but of course the show had to explicitly have her reaction shot change from a frown to a grin for a split second when the cat thing went rogue and killed Leomon (again).

Re:Zero #10
Still my favorite show this season, with Kiznaiver a close second.

JoJo #10
I never thought we'd end up seeing a completely non-threatening stand user, and yet here we are... I actually expected the spaghetti to turn into Okuyasu's dead skin or something, but once I was proven wrong I guessed he was just a chef who used his stand to make perfect food or something. Still, I can't get over how his food made people's internal organs burst out of their bodies before being fixed offscreen, and had come to expect at least some exposition about how his stand actually worked.

JoJo #10
I never thought we'd end up seeing a completely non-threatening stand user, and yet here we are... I actually expected the spaghetti to turn into Okuyasu's dead skin or something, but once I was proven wrong I guessed he was just a chef who used his stand to make perfect food or something. Still, I can't get over how his food made people's internal organs burst out of their bodies before being fixed offscreen, and had come to expect at least some exposition about how his stand actually worked.

Crazy Diamond already repairs things after punching them to smithereens, so why not this?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's a pretty bold statement. The only reason it's getting one-cour is because the slot it's in is fully booked for a while.

That doesn't mean it'll outright never be animated finished.
MHA is a big hit and runs in WSJ. It's never getting finished in anime because it's gonna run super long in original form.

Even something like Shokugeki is gonna run 300+ chapters and never get finished in anime form. They ran a 2-cour season and got to Chapter 61.

JulianImp

Crazy Diamond already repairs things after punching them to smithereens, so why not this?

The thing is we never got an explanation of Tonio's stand, and the (greater) healing always happened offscreen. I was expecting that the stand would be a group of mini-stands like Bad Company, only used as seasoning to give food healing properties by acting from inside their target after being eaten, and that Tonio would then pick the "leftovers" up (tears, dead skin, blood) since that was the way he could recover his stand (because it'd hide itself in there or something).

Instead, we got a "he cooks delicious, addictive food that results in gore, and then the target's healed offscreen and gets a lot better in the process", which wasn't enough of an explanation for me when most JoJo stands tend to get explained (at least a bit) before their plot lines get wrapped up.

There are a handful of LN adaptations that have been completed. Besides the ones you mentioned there are ones like Oreimo, Golden Time, Familiar of Zero, Shana.

Aa, out of those, I am only familiar with Shakugan no Shana (which I think was the first anime I watched that has characters with long, ridiculous nicknames like "Transporter of Ceremonial Objects" or some such). That ended too, huh. I stopped watching because the pace was too slow in the middle.

Flowers of Evil 05

mdlbCqu.jpg

blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Once again I have a new word to describe this show - Voyeuristic. This episode in particular had tons of long and drawn out shots of Saeki and Kasuga doing nothing in particular, but because of the framing and the knowledge that Nakamura is watching them it comes off as more then a little creepy. The direction in this show is masterful, to say the least.

But it isn't just from Nakamura's angle, it's also from Kasuga's. Maybe he is a crazy deviant.

OP9lerj.jpg
3rFSFto.jpg
PjjZaTD.png

Slow pan of Saeki's body wearing the gym clothes, extreme close up of her lips while he debates kissing her or not

Oh and I found more evidence of Kusoga being a piece of shit

Kasuga imagines Saeki literally embracing him with light. GOOD GOD man. Get over yourself, you hopeless romantic asshole. And now he feels enabled to deify his Muse, even though she said "If you're alright with me" which no one says unless they have huge issues and hangups. Kasuga will probably just ignore that though. Nakamura is still worse though, at least Kasuga isn't a sociopath.

JulianImp

Aa, out of those, I am only familiar with Shakugan no Shana (which I think was the first anime I watched that has characters with long, ridiculous nicknames like "Transporter of Ceremonial Objects" or some such). That ended too, huh. I stopped watching because the pace was too slow in the middle.

Then please don't look into Oreimo. You can thank me later.

I actually liked it for the parts that didn't focus 100% on Kirino (mostly Kuroneko's arc, but then the MC dumped her for Kirino and I was all like "no").

kewlmyc

Has there been any more novels since the last one that pretty much ended where the anime did?

No, the anime ended at the end of volume 11 and there hasn't been a new one since. The author has been writing Oregairu ANOTHER, a short series released with the JP BD releases that is an alternate retelling of stuff that happened during the 2nd season and more focused on Hikki and Yui's relatonship. That ended, so hopefully volume 12, which is rumored to be the last one comes out soon. It's been almost a year since the last volume.

No, the anime ended at the end of volume 11 and there hasn't been a new one since. The author has been writing Oregairu ANOTHER, a short series released with the JP BD releases that is an alternate retelling of stuff that happened during the 2nd season and more focused on Hikki and Yui's relatonship. That ended, so hopefully volume 12, which is rumored to be the last one comes out soon. It's been almost a year since the last volume.
There's only one more volume? I was sorta thinking, maybe it'd be 3 years before we saw some sort of continuation in anime form. With only one volume, it'd have to be... an OVA?

kewlmyc

There's only one more volume? I was sorta thinking, maybe it'd be 3 years before we saw some sort of continuation in anime form. With only one volume, it'd have to be... an OVA?

Or a movie. Remember, it's just a rumor, but the wait for this volume has been way longer than the wait for any other volume, so the rumor makes sense.

Or a movie. Remember, it's just a rumor, but the wait for this volume has been way longer than the wait for any other volume, so the rumor makes sense.
If it was a movie that would mean another year on top of the release date, because of having to wait for the BDs to be out... ahhhh. Okay I may as well just start saying it'll be another 3 or 4 years from now, that we will be seeing anything. And I'm not even counting the 1 year that has already passed since SNAFU2.

sonicmj1

Yup, contains one of my favorite anime scenes.

Btw. I was just searching some Aku no Hana episode listing on google when I saw this article from Kotaku Flowers of Evil is a boring, unengaging anime. Lmao. Guess they somehow outdo their garbage 'games journalism' with their anime articles. Quite the feat.

Kotaku's been doing a lot of good work lately, but Richard Eisenbeis has always been an absolutely terrible anime reviewer, and it's not just about his taste.

Yup, contains one of my favorite anime scenes.

Btw. I was just searching some Aku no Hana episode listing on google when I saw this article from Kotaku Flowers of Evil is a boring, unengaging anime. Lmao. Guess they somehow outdo their garbage 'games journalism' with their anime articles. Quite the feat.

One of his points is Bad – A Thoroughly Unlikeable Main Cast, so he doesn't even understand the show. And I'm not usually one to make that claim since its snobbish, but since its Aku no Hana...

D.Gray-man 1

It's OK. Seems pretty standard shounen; nothing particularly amazing or awful. The nature of the Akuma here reminds me of the Horrors in Garo, although I expect this series executes the concept much worse. The backstory of this episode's Akuma was already ridiculous.

Thoraxes

Do you have to watch other Macross series to get Macross Delta?

Not really. Each series is basically a self-contained story in a connected universe. Though, some things more than others will make a lot more sense, or you'll get more references and stuff if you've seen the others.

I'd recommend going through all of them at once point if possible though, as i've enjoyed what the series offers.

Rainy

Banned
Not really. Each series is basically a self-contained story in a connected universe. Though, some things more than others will make a lot more sense, or you'll get more references and stuff if you've seen the others.

I'd recommend going through all of them at once point if possible though, as i've enjoyed what the series offers.

Nice, should I watch them in a certain order? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross I see a chronological order here in the wiki article.

zulux21

*looks it up*

an original anime, sounds good , I'll allow it.

MHA has a manga I can always go to and its going to get more seasons and likely end in anime form one day, just another long running shouen. I've yet to see even one of these types of LN anime actually end, the LN don't always get fully translated and I don't like reading them anyway, the whole thing pisses me off.

and no im not watching re:zero

really there isn't much to worry about in regards to the LN being traslated.
Yen On already announced the release dates for volumes 1 and 2.

so far they haven't stopped releasing any series that I buy (or any others that I know of but I am not sure if they have ever stopped releasing a series due to poor sales)

but if that wasn't enough... a few months ago Kadokawa Corporation took majority control of Yen press (aka the main company for Yen On)

Media Factory owns the rights to Re:zero who also happens to be owned by the Kadokawa Corporation.

aka short of the Kadokawa Corporation going under or yen press going under it's very unlikely that Re:zero won't get fully translated, and at this time neither company seems likely to go under.

Line_HTX

Macross Delta 10

FFFFFUUUUuuuuuu....

What the hell is up with this week's slate of episodes? Off the top of my head, Luluco, Kiznaiver, and Macross Delta all share the same theme this week...

Damnit, I need some super trashy anime now to get rid of all this ether.

Thoraxes

Macross Delta 10

FFFFFUUUUuuuuuu....

What the hell is up with this week's slate of episodes? Off the top of my head, Luluco, Kiznaiver, and Macross Delta all share the same theme this week...

Watch Girl's High on Crunchyroll.

Macross Delta 10

FFFFFUUUUuuuuuu....

Crane Game Girls, it will make you wish the ether was back.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Really tired of the shitty villains on Macross Delta. They are shit-tier versions of the Yamato 2199 villains. Thinking of just scrubbing future episodes now, which is too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom