• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Re: Zero 10
DQ6lIwD.png
This episode confirmed my suspicions.
Ram is the best girl.

The Barusu and Ram duo was really amusing in this episode too. Also, I really loved how he abused his Return ability this time in such an unconventional way.

Beyond the Boundary 02

So this is like Hyouka but instead of solving mysteries they hunt witches for soul gems. I thought there might be some decent action but so far each action scene has been largely uninspired even if it's well animated.

Even if you end up not liking the show, episode 6 is a must watch!

I'm committed to the whole thing. Episode 6 is the one with the idols right?

never coming to canada

I still haven't seen Part 1 either.

Anyway for those of you who also read the Kizu novel, doesn't the scene on that poster for Part 2 look like it would be at the end of it? Or did I forget something? Kiss-Shot looks semi different from her real form so maybe its like, the step before? I don't remember

Anyway for those of you who also read the Kizu novel, doesn't the scene on that poster for Part 2 look like it would be at the end of it? Or did I forget something? Kiss-Shot looks semi different from her real form so maybe its like, the step before? I don't remember

It's 3 parts right? That poster looks like it would be a scene from part 3 assuming part 2 is
the battles with the 3 vampire hunters.

Gundam Build Fighters 25

So, uh, if the disappearance of the Arista crystal meant the disappearance of Plavsky particles, where did they get a new supply of particles to keep doing the Gunpla Battles afterwards?

It's 3 parts right? That poster looks like it would be a scene from part 3 assuming part 2 is
the battles with the 3 vampire hunters.

Yeah that's what I mean. It is three parts (Iron-Blooded, Hot-Blooded, Cold-Blooded) and it looks
like part 2 will cover the vampire hunter fights, at least Episode and Dramaturgie, probably GC but Kiss-Shot gets her full power back later. Maybe that's her without her heart?

Gundam Build Fighters 25

So, uh, if the disappearance of the Arista crystal meant the disappearance of Plavsky particles, where did they get a new supply of particles to keep doing the Gunpla Battles afterwards?

SAMURAI BOI GENIUS NILS NIELSEN MOTHER FUCKER

Qurupeke

I'm committed to the whole thing. Episode 6 is the one with the idols right?

Yes, that one.

Anyway for those of you who also read the Kizu novel, doesn't the scene on that poster for Part 2 look like it would be at the end of it? Or did I forget something.

That's teen Shinobu, so it's after Episode if I'm not mistaken. So probably pretty late on the movie.

That's teen Shinobu, so it's after Episode if I'm not mistaken. So probably pretty late on the movie.

Ok yeah that makes sense. I think it probably is
teenage Kiss-Shot, since the adult Kiss-Shot always has that red/black dress. But the way she looks on the poster makes it look like she's about to throw down

Ascheroth

I've been meaning to get into JoJo it's got great art, music and direction but the size is intimidating

Well, it's not going to get shorter, that's for sure :p
It's definitely a worthy investment, though. The different parts also all pretty much tell their own conclusive story with natural breaks after all of them, so you don't have to feel like you'll have to power through right to part 4 or anything.

Ok yeah that makes sense. I think it probably is
teenage Kiss-Shot, since the adult Kiss-Shot always has that red/black dress. But the way she looks on the poster makes it look like she's about to throw down

Yea the pose is throwing me off since Kiss-Shot basically does nothing until the end.

Eumi

So this Re: Zero thing. Be honest, what are the chances of the story being completed in anime form? Because you guys are really hyping this up but fuck stuff that doesn't end.

So this Re: Zero thing. Be honest, what are the chances of the story being completed in anime form? Because you guys are really hyping this up but fuck stuff that doesn't end.

Having read the spoilers, zero.

Honestly from what I've read
I'm sensing a lot of disappointment going further with this show unless they decide to go with an anime original ending or something.

Ascheroth

Considering it's still an ongoing LN as far as I know: nil for a complete end.
Will it be a good stopping point? I'm not familiar with the source material, so I have no idea.

And no spoiler talk in here, I don't want to read anything about what's going to happen.

It's an adaption anime, so zero. These anime's almost solely exist as advertisements for the source material.

Re:Zero 10

I wish this show didn't end on these cliffhangers. Unlike Kiznaiver that leaves me wanting for more, in Re:Zero's case the action just gets interrupted. Rather than having me excited for next week, I feel annoyed.

That being said, the episode itself was good. Subaru's witch curse is intriguing to me, I wonder how and why it was placed on him, and whether that has anything to do with the reason why he was brought to this dimension.

e_i

Tanaka-kun is always listless episode 9

Roombas, now in WcDonalds happy meals. Also, the worker girl is the best thing ever.

Cornbread78

Unfortunately, like everyone else already said...

This is the reason I really like original anime because, well, a few reasons :

1) There will be an ending
2) You don't have to listen to people bitch about how much better the source material is
3) No waiting for more seasons (back to #1)

Giant Gorg

Finally finished watching this, thus completing all of Yasuhiko's directed work (well, apart from that BL OAV.) My experience with robot shows of this vintage is limited, but I do appreciate that they take 4 episodes to get to Gorg itself, and I'd say that the robot-less globetrotting episodes were among the stronger ones. I had worried that the main island setting would be a boring locale, and though that is sometimes the case, there are a few different scenarios beyond the endless enemy tanks and copters.

So, the show won't refute the criticisms that Yas shows/movies have pacing issues, but it's definitely worth watching if you're into the tone of his stuff. The character animation was especially good. In any case, props to Diskotek for releasing such an old show not part of any franchise, mostly known for featuring Woody Allen.

I wonder what other shows have a similar pulp adventure vibe, I'm sort of curious about Taiga Adventure (the unfortunately titled Future Boy Conan 2), but that's not subbed. Maybe I'll get back on Nadia.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Re Zero: Episode 10

Awesome episode. Holy shit at Rem's fighting.

I feel blueballed by that ending lol.

Re Zero: Episode 10

Awesome episode. Holy shit at Rem's fighting.

I feel blueballed by that ending lol.

The bolded is honestly the feeling I keep getting from this show every week, just like I mentioned, but you put it in MUCH better words.

EDIT: Thoraxes, it means cock-blocked basically.

Fairy Tail OVA 7

Soooooooooooooo, we go from a Rave Master crossover OVA to a fan-service OVA..............
with ass beatings from Mirajane.

why, Fairy Tail never has this much fan-service, why

Cornbread78

ReZero ep.10
My goodness Rem. That was both amazing and brutal at the same time.. Subaru got lucky being alive, but I hope we get to why
the witch brought him to that world if they are constantly trying to kill him
It's only going to get worse too...

So, I've been watching HunterxHunter on Toonami, and it's alright. Nothing mind blowing, but enjoyable. That said, the portrayal of violence in this show is weird when compared to other Shonen. People die horribly in this show. Often for things they couldn't possibly prepare for, but everyone just kind of shrugs it off. Gon is this wide eyed innocent person, and he doesn't react to any of this.

In episode 6, four people fall to their death, and then there's a scene following this about the joy of adventuring.

I'm not saying it's bad. It's just really odd.

Also, Leorio is cool.

So, I've been watching HunterxHunter on Toonami, and it's alright. Nothing mind blowing, but enjoyable. That said, the portrayal of violence in this show is weird when compared to other Shonen. People die horribly in this show. Often for things they couldn't possibly prepare for, but everyone just kind of shrugs it off. Gon is this wide eyed innocent person, and he doesn't react to any of this.

In episode 6, four people fall to their death, and then there's a scene following this about the joy of adventuring.

Also, Leorio is cool.

I'm pretty sure it was stated before that the Hunter Exam is super extreme and people have died on it before IIRC, so that may be the reason.

Also, Leorio is cool.

The presentation of the Hunter Exam in the 2011 anime gives the events more of a light-hearted tone despite the violence going on. The 1999 anime handles this much better.

Also, Leorio is cool.

HxH is a very violent show, but its not out of tone for Shonen Jump. Gotta remember Fist of the North Star (the series where people get punched so hard they explode) and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, mainly Phantom Blood, Golden Aureo and Stone Ocean were also in jump and many parts of those are very gory and straight up body horror. To-Love-Ru also ran in WSJ, and although not as lewd as Darkness it still had a lot of raunchy parts. HxH at least has some whimsy and childlike wonder. The themes will become more apparent as it goes on, HxH is more like a seinen writing wise and it has several counterpoints to popular shonen formula that aren't apparent on first glance

Leorio is lame, and why would Kurapika or even the cool assassin killua care about people dying.

That's why Leorio owns, cuz he's a regular-ass dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom