• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Full Metal Alchemist;B ep.17
episode-17.jpg

Wow, Colonel Mustang is an fucking total douchebag huh? I have to admit I'm not really liking all this internal espionage and secret org. bullshit going on. For some reason, those plots drive me nuts as there usually 1 asspull after another for the bad guys. These seven deadly sins assholes are no different.

DTA my boy Edward, DTA.

Wow, Colonel Mustang is an fucking total douchebag huh? I have to admit I'm not really liking all this internal espionage and secret org. bullshit going on. For some reason, those plots drive me nuts as there usually 1 asspull after another for the bad guys. These seven deadly sins assholes are no different.

DTA my boy Edward, DTA.

WATCH

THE

DUB

DTA my boy Edward, DTA.

I know what you mean but this anime actually does he whole espionage thing great.

WATCH

THE

DUB
He isn't watching it dubbed!!!!?

Cornbread78

^ Lol

Christ guys.. I'm very sensitive and I might cry soon from all the bullies in here. Stop taking Narag's job away, lol

I will get to the dub, I will. Old habits are hard to break sometimes, lol.

Kill Me Baby ep.6
BGBW must a sadist for liking this show so much. Poor Yasuna is getting rekt by Sonja and herself. At least she got her shaved ice in the end, lol.

wow even MAL has Big Order at 6.5

that's like a 1/10 in normal people terms

as someone who kept up with it longer than most in here it dropped the ball in the sense that it stopped being fun and ridiculous and opted instead to give me some of the most uninteresting drama I've ever watched in anime.

This makes Mirai Nikki look like the Wire

Cornbread78

as someone who kept up with it longer than most in here it dropped the ball in the sense that it stopped being fun and ridiculous and opted instead to give me some of the most uninteresting drama I've ever watched in anime.

You took that last episode as drama? I'm still not sure what I even watched...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Yeah, that sounds about right. If it kept being people with stupid and OP powers fight while a high school student successfully takes over the world, it could have been fun. But now it's just some dumb drama that has horrible pacing and nothing feels like it matters.

Should of just made the plot "If you fulfill your full wish you made at 7 to rule the world, I'll save your sister"

Also the show has yet to explain why he can't go "Order! You are no longer sick!"

I think I'm done.

The only anime I'm watching is MHA, Jojo, and DBS, what else is good this season

and don't say anything like Re:Zero, I ain't watching another goddamn LN adaptation with no ending.

Mailbox

The only anime I'm watching is MHA, Jojo, and DBS, what else is good this season

and don't say anything like Re:Zero, I ain't watching another goddamn LN adaptation with no ending.

So you're fine with a 13 episode manga adaptation that won't get an ending but not a 25 episode LN adaptation?

Seriously, just give Re: Zero a try. Its basically the best show this season (haven't watched JoJo so i don't count that)

Also Kiznaiver.

Kiznaiver.

*looks it up*

an original anime, sounds good , I'll allow it.

So you're fine with a 13 episode manga adaptation that won't get an ending but not a 25 episode LN adaptation?

Seriously, just give Re: Zero a try. Its basically the best show this season (haven't watched JoJo so i don't count that)

Also Kiznaiver.

MHA has a manga I can always go to and its going to get more seasons and likely end in anime form one day, just another long running shouen. I've yet to see even one of these types of LN anime actually end, the LN don't always get fully translated and I don't like reading them anyway, the whole thing pisses me off.

and no im not watching re:zero

HE ISN'T, it's crazy I know. I feel like we have been telling him to do it since episode 2 or something.
It is crazy, the dub is one of the rare dubs where it's just so much better than the Sub
^ Lol

Christ guys.. I'm very sensitive and I might cry soon from all the bullies in here. Stop taking Narag's job away, lol

I will get to the dub, I will. Old habits are hard to break sometimes, lol.

Yeah dub sub habits are hard but it's legit one of the best dubs made. I usually have no problem going from dub to sub and back and forth but I tried to watch FMA sub and it just wasn't as good as the dub.

It really is the best show of the season though.

Also enjoying Kabaneri, Joker Game, and High School Fleet. I'm a few episodes behind on Kiznaiver, Flying Witch, and Bungo Stray Dogs, but I liked what I saw.

If I said Kiznaiver is so far one of my most enjoyable teenage drama anime since Hyouka, would I be crazy? I'd say it has the potential to top SNAFU in my books, simply because since this is original, I'll actually see its ending.

Defuser

*looks it up*

an original anime, sounds good , I'll allow it.

MHA has a manga I can always go to and its going to get more seasons and likely end in anime form one day, just another long running shouen. I've yet to see even one of these types of LN anime actually end, the LN don't always get fully translated and I don't like reading them anyway, the whole thing pisses me off.

Sorry dude but there's tons of long running shounen that didn't get animated fully to the end. Thats a pretty weak argument. The fact that MHA only got 1 cour is pretty telling, it may or may not get a season 2 but it never be animated finished.

kewlmyc

If I said Kiznaiver is so far one of my most enjoyable teenage drama anime since Hyouka, would I be crazy? I'd say it has the potential to top SNAFU in my books, simply because since this is original, I'll actually see its ending.

I still like Snafu more, but that's because I follow the books. In terms of just anime, Kiznaiver is better since it hopefully won't end of a cliffhanger with no promise of a conclusion.

But, but, but, there's no fat guy in Mayoiga...

Funny thing is, there actually is. Surprised you forgot about the dude who doesn't shut up about eating, though I don't think he's shown up in the last 4 episodes. Shows how memorable the cast is. [/sarcasm]

No? It's very well directed; there's no reason to consider someone crazy for really liking it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
...there was something wrong with the original voice track in Brotherhood? I didn't notice anything.

Sorry dude but there's tons of long running shounen that didn't get animated fully to the end. Thats a pretty weak argument. The fact that MHA only got 1 cour is pretty telling, it may or may not get a season 2 but it never be animated finished.

i don't care, the main part was that i can go to the manga and actually get an ending
It really is the best show of the season though.

Also enjoying Kabaneri, Joker Game, and High School Fleet. I'm a few episodes behind on Kiznaiver, Flying Witch, and Bungo Stray Dogs, but I liked what I saw.
Joker Game sounds interesting. Attack on trains/zombies......I'll check it out but for some reason it reminds of Alnoah(which i HATED), I don't know why when they're nothing alike.
Cerberus is show of the season.

Id also suggest Endride, its from the creator of Rurouni Kenshin, so you know its quality anime.

Shonen Maid and Rainbow Days are good down to earth series too.
Cerberus and Endride look pretty generic, i don't know man.

It's teenage melodrama, but the premise is good enough to give it a pass.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok

That's a pretty bold statement. The only reason it's getting one-cour is because the slot it's in is fully booked for a while.

That doesn't mean it'll outright never be animated finished.

SkyOdin

So, I've been watching HunterxHunter on Toonami, and it's alright. Nothing mind blowing, but enjoyable. That said, the portrayal of violence in this show is weird when compared to other Shonen. People die horribly in this show. Often for things they couldn't possibly prepare for, but everyone just kind of shrugs it off. Gon is this wide eyed innocent person, and he doesn't react to any of this.

In episode 6, four people fall to their death, and then there's a scene following this about the joy of adventuring.

I'm not saying it's bad. It's just really odd.

Also, Leorio is cool.
The thing about Gon is that he isn't what you might expect. Yeah, "innocent" is a good descriptor for him, but not with the most common connotations. Gon is innocent in the sense that he simply doesn't think of things as good or evil. Thoughts such as "I want to meet my father" and "Killua is a fun guy to hang out with" are far, far more important to him than the morality of people's actions. He just doesn't have the mental concept for "evil" or "bad guys". He is innocent enough that the pain of losing someone isn't something he has experienced yet, so he lacks the impetus to either avoid or prevent that pain. Naive ignorance to the point of callousness is as much a part of his innocence as anything else.

Hunter x Hunter is a show that explores some very unconventional angles on human morality. It can be really hard to categorize characters as good or evil, and this even extends to the main characters. This can be off-putting and make people uncomfortable, but it also serves as the basis for the show's most fascinating and most powerful moments.

Cornbread78

How dare you forget Dozaemon.

Ugghh, I can only really remember a handful of them. Kewlmyc is right, they are almost all forgetable..

Funny thing is, there actually is. Surprised you forgot about the dude who doesn't shut up about eating, though I don't think he's shown up in the last 4 episodes. Shows how memorable the cast is. [/sarcasm]

Yup, no lies detected, they all should have been killed off by now...

I still like Snafu more, but that's because I follow the books. In terms of just anime, Kiznaiver is better since it hopefully won't end of a cliffhanger with no promise of a conclusion.
Has there been any more novels since the last one that pretty much ended where the anime did?

No? It's very well directed; there's no reason to consider someone crazy for really liking it.
Unless the plot goes south, I think this deserves a spot in my heart alongside Hyouka. Never thought this day would come. Better to keep my expectations in check so it doesn't shatter.

Can't tell if this SNAFU thing is a joke or not.
Let me guess, you think SNAFU is shit and whatnot lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom