• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kiznaiver 9
Shit just got motherfucking realer than real. Kacchon remember his childhood, Chidori, Tenga, and Nico feeling got exposed, and their Kizna get an upgrade. The BGM during climax was great

Cornbread78

So much hate for best girl Erina in here :( it ain't her fault your ships were set to fail from the beginning :'v

Give me 1 line of dialog that she actually has any humanity at all and could command 1 second of conversation from a normal guy? I can't remember anything said or done that would warrant any moment in time dedicated to her. Unsalvageable snotbag.. A.K.A, your Waifu is $hit, lol.

You're missing the [factually] biggest show of next season: Love Live Sunshine.

Uggh, You are more than welcome to create an OT for it. I would have to meander my wa through S2 before I could takle any more of it myself...

What happened at the end of this week's NETOGE that spooked all the girls?
I missed something.

The harem is starting....

Moaradin

Erina kinda sucks. It doesn't help that Megumi has much more relevance and chemistry with Soma. And that there's already a superior Nakiri with Alice.

blurr

Idolm@ster CG S2 03

The show continues to play on its art versus business narrative albeit a tad loosely and I'm really liking it. Essentially the Director ordered a shift in the direction of an already established set of roles owing to a potential shift in market focus in the mere future which of course isn't an easy task and does have consequences. The Director is ultimately dealing with people with an attachment to the role at an emotional level and an unempathatic attitude will not last long or might end up becoming destructive. The outcome of its narrative is probably pretty obvious but these themes are something I value so it has my attention.

The main narrative upped its game with the 'Cinderella Ball' project betting all their freedom on to a single event. I can sense some potential towards this, the new Director has been a great addition to stirring up the show.

The episode structure has been a push towards the main narrative and a look at the current situation adding value of the main narrative - this is something I could sure do more of.

I just hope the cast in Soma S2 doesn't get even more bloated. They've introduced a hell lot of characters, now work with all those instead of introducing myriads of supposedly top-tier chefs.

Really looking forward more cooking!

Moaradin

I just hope the cast in Soma S2 doesn't get even more bloated. They've introduced a hell lot of characters, now work with all those instead of introducing myriads of supposedly top-tier chefs.

Really looking forward more cooking!

You'll be happy to know that it's mostly the former. This season will adapt some of the better parts of the manga. Should be pretty fun.

Idolm@ster CG S2 03

The show continues to play on its art versus business narrative albeit a tad loosely and I'm really liking it. Essentially the Director ordered a shift in the direction of an already established set of roles owing to a potential shift in market focus in the mere future which of course isn't an easy task and does have consequences. The Director is ultimately dealing with people with an attachment to the role at an emotional level and an unempathatic attitude will not last long or might end up becoming destructive. The outcome of its narrative is probably pretty obvious but these themes are something I value so it has my attention.

The main narrative upped its game with the 'Cinderella Ball' project betting all their freedom on to a single event. I can sense some potential towards this, the new Director has been a great addition to stirring up the show.

The episode structure has been a push towards the main narrative and a look at the current situation adding value of the main narrative - this is something I could sure do more of.
someone else who is enjoying CG!?

I like you now!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Idolm@ster CG S2 03

You'll find that the second season loses its entire purpose in the latter half. It became a chore to finish and is such a marked changed from the first 13 episodes.

Narag

Cornbread, you might want to check the berserk anime announcement thread and the berserk OT to see if a member of that community is making the thread.

RedSwirl

So I tried to watch the new Ghost in the Shell movie and am trying to figure out how fucked-up this is.

Beforehand I'd only watched Arise through OAV 3 because that was what was on Netflix. I didn't know there was an OAV 4 and 5 which is probably why I couldn't understand the movie's plot at all. What I don't get is, OAV 5 is supposed to tie into the movie, but OAV 5 still hasn't been officially released in English while the movie is already out on Blu-Ray in English.

I think I need to either start over, or just read someone's complete plot synopsis of the whole Arise series and be done with it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I tried to watch the new Ghost in the Shell movie and am trying to figure out how fucked-up this is.

Beforehand I'd only watched Arise through OAV 3 because that was what was on Netflix. I didn't know there was an OAV 4 and 5 which is probably why I couldn't understand the movie's plot at all. What I don't get is, OAV 5 is supposed to tie into the movie, but OAV 5 still hasn't been officially released in English while the movie is already out on Blu-Ray in English.
I thought the last two episodes of the TV re-edit were basically the new episodes that tie into the movie?

duckroll

I think I need to either start over, or just read someone's complete plot synopsis of the whole Arise series and be done with it.

There's no "OVA5". They re-edited the 4 OVAs into a TV series, and added two bonus episodes which form the said "OVA5". All of it is available on Crunchyroll in English.

RedSwirl

I thought the last two episodes of the TV re-edit were basically the new episodes that tie into the movie?

No. Apparently the last two episodes of that were just a re-edit of OAV 4. OAV 5 is what's supposed to tie into the movie, but I can't find any reference to an English release date for OAV 5. It's like Funimation skipped straight on to the movie.

RedSwirl

There's no "OVA5". They re-edited the 4 OVAs into a TV series, and added two bonus episodes which form the said "OVA5". All of it is available on Crunchyroll in English.

All I can find is the episodes streaming on Funimation's website, subbed, and behind a paywall (Funi doesn't support Crunchyroll last time I checked).

blurr

someone else who is enjoying CG!?

I like you now!

If anything, it's been a lot more interesting than the first season.

I liked this moment:
ty95kE4.png

6CyT9yK.png

You'll find that the second season loses its entire purpose in the latter half. It became a chore to finish and is such a marked changed from the first 13 episodes.

Ah, that's a sham.

RedSwirl

Alright. I've decided I probably just shouldn't bother. Maybe one day I'll just track down a written plot summation of the whole Arise series, to include the movie.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Uggh, You are more than welcome to create an OT for it. I would have to meander my wa through S2 before I could takle any more of it myself...

I was talking about your general preview thread rather than suggesting you make a Sunshine OT.

phaze

No. Apparently the last two episodes of that were just a re-edit of OAV 4. OAV 5 is what's supposed to tie into the movie, but I can't find any reference to an English release date for OAV 5. It's like Funimation skipped straight on to the movie.

All I can find is the episodes streaming on Funimation's website, subbed, and behind a paywall (Funi doesn't support Crunchyroll last time I checked).

Alright. I've decided I probably just shouldn't bother. Maybe one day I'll just track down a written plot summation of the whole Arise series, to include the movie.

Hmmm, Duckroll was I think mistaken about it being it being on Crunchyroll but other than, he was on point.

The 4 Arise OVAs got broadcast after a long while on the TV as Gits Arise: Alternative Architecture. It consisted of 8 episodes that cover the 4 OVAs + 2 bonus episodes which supposedly tie into movie (The Pyrophoric cult arc)

On Funi site , you have it laid fairly clearly I think. The four OVAs and below the 10 episodes of the TV broadcast.

Warning: If I recall, Alternative Architecture for some reason chose to go with a non-linear take on events and aired OVA4 as its first two episodes (ghost stands alone arc). So it goes OVA4-->OVA1--->OVA2--->OVA3---> Bonus two episodes aka The pyrophoric cult arc. Since you have OVA4 still to see, be careful to not let that confuse you somehow

Cornbread78

I was talking about your general preview thread rather than suggesting you make a Sunshine OT.

Oh got ya, lol.

Cornbread, you might want to check the berserk anime announcement thread and the berserk OT to see if a member of that community is making the thread.

I didn't even know they had a community; TY.

I just swung by and it looks like TiZoc is going to throw one together. He just hasn't claimed it in the OT thread yet.

The World is Still Beautiful 1

As fantasy shoujo goes, this is no Yona of the Dawn. Taken on its own merits, it's mostly alright - Nike is a protagonist with spunk, at least - though some aspects uncomfortably remind me of Snow White with the Red Hair, such as the kidnapping (though they got the wrong girl this time). I also didn't appreciate the gratuitous meta-nods to sexual titillation, having Nike's sisters appear first in swimsuit shots for no good reason and having the kidnappers make reference to needing fanservice scenes to please male viewers. If you're adapting a shoujo manga for NTV, you shouldn't be thinking about attracting male viewers who just want sexy female bodies!

If you don't think Hundred is amazing, you have no heart! :p

It's true that I have a heart which doesn't really appreciate thick irony.

I only saw the first Arise OVA before watching the movie, and even though it was clearly a continuation of a prior plotline I still felt like I understood enough of the movie to enjoy it.

D. Gray-Man 1

I thought I'd try this also since it's getting a new series. S'okay. I don't know if the hilariously confusing religious/metaphysical explanations are just to be taken as par for the course with these types of shows, or if the lore will be explained more as it goes on. I mean, demons are actually weapons....or I mean machines made by the Millennium Earl whose company makes these robot bodies to shove bitter souls into(loved the model kit plastic shell the robot was hanging on). And these robots can transform greatly and impersonate humans perfectly. To what end? I dunno. The main guy uses a holy cross to exorcise it.

Is Allen Walker or the Earl the titular Gray Man or was it that actual gray skin man in the OP. So many questions....

Give me 1 line of dialog that she actually has any humanity at all and could command 1 second of conversation from a normal guy? I can't remember anything said or done that would warrant any moment in time dedicated to her. Unsalvageable snotbag.. A.K.A, your Waifu is $hit, lol
Give it time, manga author barely starting to work on salvaging Erina :'v
it's 'cause she's boring af
So is tadokoro.... Nikumi was the interesting one, but she's more of a side character now :/

Everyone should be watching K-On but better (Bukuon is Japanese for Better K-on) with boobs and bikes. It even does the same things as K-On with inserting the newest cast addition into the OP.

I actually fell off after the festival but I'm looking forward to catching up with a binge watch. It's dumb but the principal and Stig-chan/sama are worth the time on their own. I do hope they don't repeat the bike washing again though it was so weird and blatant it's almost like they were making a point but I'm guessing not.

Hundred ep 10

The episode opened up with a girl in short shorts getting her ass kicked, and as she tumbling around on the ground the camera is like 5 inches away from her crotch.

Then later in the episode they go to a maid cafe, where they put on a maid outfit on what is supposed to be a guy, then when they see the gigantic boobs which physically she couldn't conceal in the outfit, they all think it's towels and start forcibly handling her tits while they urge Hayato to basically force himself on the girl and fondle her boobs too, which he agrees to do after she says it's fine. Then he fondles her as she moans while the maids take pictures.

This show. No shame.

I actually fell off after the festival but I'm looking forward to catching up with a binge watch. It's dumb but the principaland Stig-chan/sama are worth the time on their own, I do hope they don't repeat the bike washing again though it was so weird and blatant it's almost like they were making a point but I'm guessing not.

Nah it doesn't get to that level again, or even close. I'm 90% sure the mangaka for Bakuon is also an ero-doujin artist, but thats not uncommon

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I actually fell off after the festival but I'm looking forward to catching up with a binge watch. It's dumb but the principal and Stig-chan/sama are worth the time on their own. I do hope they don't repeat the bike washing again though it was so weird and blatant it's almost like they were making a point but I'm guessing not.
Each episode has an eye catch that shows a character in a provocative pose like a typical sleazy bike ad. The bike wash scene was totally is line with what this show is that I'm surprised so many were caught off guard by it.

Line_HTX

So much hate for best girl Erina in here :( it ain't her fault your ships were set to fail from the beginning :'v

Oh, don't mind Kiritobread. He doesn't like seeing Perfection Incarnate. While I admire Megumi, I don't think she's doing anything but survive as always. I don't really see her as a serious love interest, lololol

What happened at the end of this week's NETOGE that spooked all the girls?

I missed something.

I think those three got Jebaited by Ako. Something about staring into the abyss by Nietszche or whatever.

Each episode has an eye catch that shows a character in a provocative pose like a typical sleazy bike ad. The bike wash scene was totally is line with what this show is that I'm surprised so many were caught off guard by it.

I guess I'm used to mentally discounting eye catches at this point even though they're pretty much the only reason I wouldn't recommend Sengoku Collection generally despite it having some of my favourite stories. They were particularly jarring during the Basho and Yoshitsugu arcs both because they were otherwise entirely ecchi free and as they were both drawn pretty young.

Line_HTX

Do they never say how old is Raimu? It seems that she's been around for many years given that she was best friends with the current Principal of the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom