• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Bastard Teacher 04

Time for the class to shine. Good to see the teacher acting like a techer and letting the students wow the other classes.

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? aka What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? aka SukaSuka 03

Continues to hit all the right notes.
Worldbuilding, more about Willem, fun and sad moments, hope, etc.
The swords basically being a bunch of magical talismans stuck together is a really neat idea. The maintenance scene was really beautiful.

I was also sure Scaly McScaleface would be some hard-headed uncompromising evil miltary guy, but he's actually a cool dude.

The kids are so adorable. (No, those 2 pics aren't related, lol)
hvv6kLn.jpg
cUxXSNj.jpg

new releases and 3/5 are dubbed?! Sentai is going wild lol.

I might get U&T and Food wars. Depends on the price of their regular editions.

Maybe 100$ in CAD for FW and like 120$ for Tora....hummmmm

pbayne

Scums Wish End

I think i started crying by osmosis because everyone cries in this show all the time.

Such a satisfying end. It was a great show, totally engrossed by the characters, but the ending really sealed it for me. Pleasantly surprised it didn't turn out to be the epic tragedy i thought it would be at one point. A few minor quibbles here and there didn't detract from it overall.

Ms. Koboyashi's Dragon Maid Episode 1 - Decided to finally check out the first episode before going to work today. Was actually really amusing. I'm watching Funimation's Dub and I have no problems with it so far. I know that one line changed pissed off Yuri fans, but as a guy who doesn't normal watch Yuri Genre, I thought it made sense since Koboyashi is a grown as woman lol

KraytarJ

Akashic 3
I still for the life of me can not understand why so many people think this is some great gem.

Ms. Koboyashi's Dragon Maid Episode 1 - Decided to finally check out the first episode before going to work today. Was actually really amusing. I'm watching Funimation's Dub and I have no problems with it so far. I know that one line changed pissed off Yuri fans, but as a guy who doesn't normal watch Yuri Genre, I thought it made sense since Koboyashi is a grown as woman lol
It's not problematic because it denies the yuri thing, it's problematic because it completely changes the meaning of the scene and what their relationship is going forward. If I'm thinking of the right line it's just some dumb thing thrown in that Kobayashi not only never said but also doesn't feel.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea no, it does. From the opening to the last few episodes it looked beautiful, dynamic, full of great colours and the anime just burst of energy. They use shades perfectly. You can not like the art-style though, opinions are a thing.

Yes opinions are things but grandiose statements give a measure of pause for a few reasons. Certainly age is a factor when comparing to the classics. Perhaps to best illustrate the point I am going for is contained in this Super Eyepatch Wolf video on Yu Yu Hakusho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DHEr87uwgE

There really hasn't been a battle shonen series, especially a long running shonen series that been this experimental in its creations. A grand irony given that Studio BONES is at the helm.

Ascheroth

The King's Avatar 03-04

Chinese cartoons rock.
I take back what I said about last episode. They started explaining things.
Ye Xius weapon is awesome. I mean, who doesn't like a transforming umbrella?

Akashic 3
I still for the life of me can not understand why so many people think this is some great gem.
I don't think anyone thinks this is a great gem.

Yes opinions are things but grandiose statements give a measure of pause for a few reasons. Certainly age is a factor when comparing to the classics. Perhaps to best illustrate the point I am going for is contained in this Super Eyepatch Wolf video on Yu Yu Hakusho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DHEr87uwgE

There really hasn't been a battle shonen series, especially a long running shonen series that been this experimental in its creations. A grand irony given that Studio BONES is at the helm.

I'm trying to figure out what your trying to show me here. I skipped to the visual part of the video and listen to him. He speaks Manga to Anime, all the additional details to show the care for the series, added effects to represent the moods, the VAs, etc etc. What from this video is different then what BONES is doing with MHA season 2? IT has tons of addional scenes that show the care BONEs as for the series.(the class interaction or Deku forming his team in episode 4), GREATELY expended upon brief action moments from the manga. Todoroki vs 0p robot for exemple makes Todoroki look even more powerful. Every scenes is heavily stylised for maximum effect. They give minor scene tons of details like this and this and this. The shows has tons of sound effet, cool visual effect(comicbookish). BONES has given us more the enough proof they can make this into something visually stunning and the source material can definitely give us that. The jump between season 1 and 2 is huge.

If you would like to think otherwise cause you don't like it go ahead, but diminishing BONES work for these reasons seems silly and what your saying doesn't convince in thinking otherwise.

More funi dubs

Kenka Banco Otome -Girl Beats Boys- Premieres Saturday May 11 at 10:00pm ET

The Royal Tutor Premieres Tuesday May 2 at 10:00pm ET

Tsukigakirei Premieres Thursday May 4 at 9:00pm ET

Tsugumomo Premieres Thursday May 4 at 9:30pm ET

Kado [TBA]

https://www.funimation.com/simuldubs/
Humm yea these titles for dubs are great! These were some of the ones I wanted! I'll definitely give Tsukigakirei another listen when it's dubbed.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm trying to figure out what your trying to show me here. I skipped to the visual part of the video and listen to him. He speaks Manga to Anime, all the additional details to show the care for the series, added effects to represent the moods, the VAs, etc etc. What from this video is different then what BONES is doing with MHA season 2? IT has tons of addional scenes that show the care BONEs as for the series.(the class interaction or Deku forming his team in episode 4), GREATELY expended upon brief action moments from the manga. Todoroki vs 0p robot for exemple makes Todoroki look even more powerful. Every scenes is heavily stylised for maximum effect. They give minor scene tons of details like this and this and this. The shows has tons of sound effet, cool visual effect(comicbookish). BONES has given us more the enough proof they can make this into something visually stunning and the source material can definitely give us that. The jump between season 1 and 2 is huge.

This is actually what I was looking for in terms of quantification and actually provides some clarity and insight. So kudos there.

Wood Man

Scums Wish End

I think i started crying by osmosis because everyone cries in this show all the time.

Such a satisfying end. It was a great show, totally engrossed by the characters, but the ending really sealed it for me. Pleasantly surprised it didn't turn out to be the epic tragedy i thought it would be at one point. A few minor quibbles here and there didn't detract from it overall.

I wasn't a fan of Scum's Wish. I'm not sure why I stuck with it. I disliked every character and the love triangle was too much of a stretch. Why couldn't these two kids get over their first crush and move on?

And the only seemingly normal person is totally okay with his wife being a whore.

The ending was okay. It did wrap things up, I'll give it that.

KraytarJ

WorldEnd 3
I like my suffering and despair anime as much as the next guy but this isn't really doing much for me. It's hard to articulate why but I don't really care about any of the characters or their struggles.

Eromanga Sensei 3
You gotta appreciate how they manage to keep up the creep level week after week.

Wood Man

Watching episode 2 of Eromanga-Sensei. And got to the part where the little girl started saying she loves "dicks" My wife was in the other room (she's Japanese) and yelled, "What the hell are you watching?"

Guess I gotta watch this one after she goes to bed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Watching episode 2 of Eromanga-Sensei. And got to the part where the little girl started saying she loves "dicks" My wife was in the other room (she's Japanese) and yelled, "What the hell are you watching?"

blush.gif

For some reason I was watching Tanaka-kun clips on YouTube the past hour. I should maybe watch the show at some point, Miyano appears to be a national treasure.

Anonymous Noise 3 -

I liked this episode way more than the first two. First episode was kind of meh and the second episode made me want to tear my ears off with Alice's singing, and I think I'd heard of enough twinkle twinkle little star to last a lifetime LOL. Was thinking about dropping this one but now I think I'll keep up with it a little longer

zulux21

More funi dubs

Kenka Banco Otome -Girl Beats Boys- Premieres Saturday May 11 at 10:00pm ET

The Royal Tutor Premieres Tuesday May 2 at 10:00pm ET

Tsukigakirei Premieres Thursday May 4 at 9:00pm ET

Tsugumomo Premieres Thursday May 4 at 9:30pm ET

Kado [TBA]

https://www.funimation.com/simuldubs/

more not listed there
Love Tyrant, premiering April 26 at 9:30 p.m. EDT
Seven Mortal Sins, premiering April 30 at 10:30 p.m. EDT
WorldEnd: What are you doing at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?, premiering May 1 at 9:30 p.m. EDT

The company is also listing an English dub for Brave Witches that will begin on May 8 at 10:00 p.m.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...8-more-simulcast-titles-brave-witches/.115289

Cornbread78

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis 1
Awesome. Please continue to be good.
Also, I hate Favaro already.

Oh man, he keeps getting better.

Lololololol

Anonymous Noise 3 -
I liked this episode way more than the first two. First episode was kind of meh and the second episode made me want to tear my ears off with Alice's singing, and I think I'd heard of enough twinkle twinkle little star to last a lifetime LOL. Was thinking about dropping this one but now I think I'll keep up with it a little longer

The show has such a weird tone to it, but it's shoujo roots shine through and the xharacters are engagibg enough to stick with it and see where the story goes.

Aki-at

Sakura Quest - 2

A nice relaxing show, I think I can get behind this. Enjoyed the coming together of the characters to form a video too but like... Why weren't the girls more freaked out there was a random person living in the guest house, I guess fame really does give you leeway!

Zero Kara 3

I'd say "I'm sure this is going to end with her fucking the tiger" but I don't even have the luxury to make that joke because something tells me that like all anime it's from a source material that isn't finished yet.

BEYBLADE BURST Episode #26 Let's Do This Thing! On to Nationals!

Wow I thought he wouldnt tell them he cheated and would just keep it hidden, Daigo is so brave, but all those tears.

Really cheesy when he ran in the middle of the tourney to cheer Valt up, I was tearing and laughing.

Ending was the best, we got our beyclub, lets go!

Yama no Susume S2 9-11

It's cute that the show weaved in an American couple into the background climbing up and down Mt. Fuji at the same time as the main girls. Though it was painfully obvious that the Japanese woman they got to play "Jennifer" was not as fluent in pronouncing English as the actual American man they got to play "Michael". The halfway measure was almost more distracting than if they had just gotten two Japanese people to quasi-Engrish it up.

The dialogue between them in the cabin in episode 10 was rather eyebrow-raising, however.

Michael: "Remember when that guy asked you to do that thing? And you said no?"
Jennifer: "Of course I'd say no!"
Michael: "You gotta do it, man!"
Jennifer: "I-I can't do that thing!"
Michael: "Come on! You have to!"
Jennifer: "Why do I have to?"
Michael: "When someone asks you to do - I got in so much trouble after that -"

I know this is supposed to be just random filler dialogue, but, uh, what exactly are the intended implications here?

Kenstar

Yama no Susume S2 9-11

It's cute that the show weaved in an American couple into the background climbing up and down Mt. Fuji at the same time as the main girls. Though it was painfully obvious that the Japanese woman they got to play "Jennifer" was not as fluent in pronouncing English as the actual American man they got to play "Michael". The halfway measure was almost more distracting than if they had just gotten two Japanese people to quasi-Engrish it up.

The dialogue between them in the cabin in episode 10 was rather eyebrow-raising, however.

Michael: "Remember when that guy asked you to do that thing? And you said no?"
Jennifer: "Of course I'd say no!"
Michael: "You gotta do it, man!"
Jennifer: "I-I can't do that thing!"
Michael: "Come on! You have to!"
Jennifer: "Why do I have to?"
Michael: "When someone asks you to do - I got in so much trouble after that -"

I know this is supposed to be just random filler dialogue, but, uh, what exactly are the intended implications here?

I will not sit idly by and let your implications of Michael White's intentions stand.

A hex on you and yours

Nelson Babin-Coy is the VA, has a band over there, originally from Cali

The Silver Guardian Episode 2 – Suigin Gets Closer to Riku Rei!

Anime loves to adapt dying/dead games. I love Suigin's in game avatar.

This should have been episode 1, way stronger and made me connect more with the characters than the rushed experience ep 1 was.

2nd best ED song of the season in this.

Attack on Titan Season 2 Episode 27 – I'm Home

I thought Sasha was a pretty annoying character but this made her pretty interesting. Loved the kid that felt like she had no hope but through seeing how Sasha was was able to see that there was some good left in the world and that there truly are others who care. Great story.

I guess Connie will actually get the bad end for his families fate.

Granblue Fantasy Episode 4
C-TIclUXoAEJEqc.jpg

Look at Gran, isnt he amazing?! I love this anime.
C-THptWXcAA-TnI.jpg:small

Also I love anime furius also the random moments when he is facing us as if he is talking to us. Great expressions.

Tiamats dragons look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom