• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

KraytarJ

Attack on Titan 30
More of a character episode really, but finally, in the fifth episode the main crew showed up to a fight. After that preview I wonder where we're headed next.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Attack on Titan Season 2, Episode 5:

This was basically the very much needed backstory for Ymir and Crista, the token yuri couple that has been floating around previous to this arc but were just kind of there and as it turns out there were or are characters of significance as we wrap up this I suppose sub-arc of the story.

Tonton

Love Live! Sunshine!! 10

NydqoYO.jpg
Mostly a fun beach episode but some development for Riko too, good one

RE:Creators 04

Here's a massive problem with this show that falls hard into one of my big storytelling pet peeves - the smart character constantly makes massive, sweeping assumptions that serve to also be exposition and are thus always 100% correct, because if this series didn't operate in the most methodical and clockwork manner possible everything would fall apart. Its really, really bad scripting.

Ascheroth

Re:Creators 04

AYnbfbv.png

Joking aside (or am I?) I like abstract concepts taken as real, so I enjoyed that talking bits about the worlds 'power to make sense of things' and the effects of the colliding worlds.
Liked the scenes in the enemy camp as well, and also some of the creators actually being in the main cast.
There's still no reason for Souta actually being the main character, or even existing in this show. It would have worked entirely with Selesia skipping right to meeting her creator instead of Souta.
But of course he's going to turn out to be sword violinists creator in the end.

In any case, I'm still liking it, but it feels too slow.

Have you heard of your friend and saviour speed-hack? (Assuming you're playing it on PC).
Can do wonders for combat and travelling around.

I don't think battle animations are the problem for me. The problem is that I just got past the tutorial area and I'm in the first area and all i can think about is 'OH MY GOD I ONLY HAVE TWO CHARACTERS AND I'VE PLAYED FOR SO LONG ALREADY, HOW MUCH LONGER TILL I MEET EVERYBODY AND THIS STORY STARTS ROLLING'

or something like that. And then I realize it's like a 100+ hour rpg and I just don't want to.

Re:Creators 04

Eh, I understand the show is trying to build something up for the long term, but it really drags through it every time. And this is on top of the extremely slow introduction of the key players, which is the main appeal I'm looking for. At least mecha pilot finally showed up at the end.

Bahamut Virgin Soul 4

There is a little flaw in this series. And it is that I don't give a crap about what is happening.

The girl isn't really the protagonist. At least for now, she doesn't have anything to do with the main conflict/drama. The character who is involved in that is Azazel and I don't care for him nor for his quest to save the demons, nor for his antagonist the evil and cold human king.
And as others has said, Kaisar is a goody two shoes paladin who is ok as foil for a more roguish character, but he is boring on his own; and Nina blushes and running away from hot men is boring at this point (are they going to repeat the same joke for 20 episodes?).

A waste of good character design, music and good animation.

Thud

I don't think battle animations are the problem for me. The problem is that I just got past the tutorial area and I'm in the first area and all i can think about is 'OH MY GOD I ONLY HAVE TWO CHARACTERS AND I'VE PLAYED FOR SO LONG ALREADY, HOW MUCH LONGER TILL I MEET EVERYBODY AND THIS STORY STARTS ROLLING'

or something like that. And then I realize it's like a 100+ hour rpg and I just don't want to.

I think you end up with like 10 different characters lol.

sonicmj1

That's sort of how I felt.

A speed hack might help, because I felt like I'd already spent an eternity going south from the opening town due to all the fights, but generally speaking I don't have the patience for those kinds of games the vast majority of the time.

If you want to see the story roll, Trails in the Sky is decidedly not the game for you. You have to be willing to spend time soaking in its characters and world for the game to be successful. Which works for me, because I find the characters inherently enjoyable to spend time with (unlike, say, Tales of Symphonia which I just tried to start playing and has a truly abysmal cast I can't stand). But of course it won't work for everyone.

Ended up doing a twofer since I didn't really go to sleep until late last night.

Barakamon and Handa-kun. Barakamon I really loved to the point where I think it may actually been in my top 10 favorites now. Handa-kun was pretty good, but a bit of a step down. To the very least this is what I wanted "Haven't You heard, I'm Sakamoto" to be like.

John Blade

k01-04.JPG

kamichu-3.png

k02-02.JPG

kamichu.png

kamichu%2026.jpg

A fun show to watch and liking it quite a bit as I continue watching it. Love the last episode quite a bit as it's so different and funny at the same time. The idea the MC is a GOD and you don't know how she became one and how people around her just act normal to her a bit is interesting to watch. I am actually surprise no one really talk about this show (it's an old show from 2005 which might be the reason). Animation for now look nice and the character design is much different mostly toward Yurie Hitotsubashi who have different expression when she make it. I am going to keep on watching the show and might post something when I am done once I am off from a plane.

Attack on Titan Episode 30 - Eren is totally the "Check this cool shit out" and then proceeds to fail character so much it hurts. lol

Interesting going into more detail of Ymir and Historia's relationship. I already read most of the later stages of the manga, so I know what it's building up to, but it's done pretty well here. Ymir's
Titan design
is totally weird though.

My Hero Academia Episode 18 - I really really love the score to this series. It just gets me so hyped while watching.

Zestiria - 25

A very feelsgood ending to this show. I rather enjoyed this from start to finish, it was just a shame that it ended up having such a huge break until the finale. I wonder just how many years passed when
Sorey came back to the real world.

Re:Creators Episode 4 - A thought occurred to me as I was watching this episode. I really reminds me of .hack//sign in all the worst ways. .hack//sign also started with a really interesting premise, stuck inside an MMO in an age before Light Novels over-saturated the concept. It also had a really cool score, a much better one than it actually deserved. It also had characters rather stand around talking about things that have been occurring than be proactive and actually do something. Monologue on top of monologue from characters with no real depth or personality.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Re:Creators Episode 4 - A thought occurred to me as I was watching this episode. I really reminds me of .hack//sign in all the worst ways. .hack//sign also started with a really interesting premise, stuck inside an MMO in an age before Light Novels over-saturated the concept. It also had a really cool score, a much better one than it actually deserved. It also had characters rather stand around talking about things that have been occurring than be proactive and actually do something. Monologue on top of monologue from characters with no real depth or personality.

The characters in sign have more depth than you're giving them credit for unless you're talking about RE here, in which case I have no knowledge.

In fact .hack//SIGN is one of the best examples of people acting real in an MMO.

The characters in sign have more depth than you're giving them credit for unless you're talking about RE here, in which case I have no knowledge.

In fact .hack//SIGN is one of the best examples of people acting real in an MMO.

I'm mostly critiquing Re;Creators there, but I don't think Sign holds up very well either, which is why I used it as a comparison stick. :p

KraytarJ

Saekano.flat 3
Pretty fantastic episode tbh, Megumi continues to steal every scene she's in (honestly it still cracks me up seeing her aloof in the background texting while the "high stakes" dramatic scenes are going on), her even-keeled demeanour is not only fantastic for dry snarky comebacks but also completely diffusing tense situations. Who knew?

Tiger Mask W 29

What the fuck? Did Kevin try and straight up murder Tiger?

Tiger the Third is just an SNK Boss character. He's so broken compared to everyone else. That Falcon Punch sent Tiger like 20 feet.

brawly

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - ep 21

This whole first season is way worse than I remember, especially coming right off Diamond is Unbreakable. The stands are just way better.

It has its moments but overall it's kinda meh. Doubt I'll watch it a third time.

I must go through long security background checks all the time. I guess the secret services like and support my long and detailed anime best girls lists.

Jarmel

Banned
Re-Creators:4

This is such a C rate effort from everybody involved, from the writers to the storyboarders to Sawano. This was literally an entire episode full of talking with nothing going on from the storyboarding side. It's been two episodes straight of exposition dumps that barely makes any sense due to how shoddy the dialogue is. There's nothing here, Captain!

Cardfight!! Vanguard G NEXT Episode 21- Fascinating Magia
C-nRDSQXYAImAaf.jpg:small
C-nUMvpXUAAsAIi.jpg:small

Kazuma redemption episode, awesome.

Chrono v Nagisa was the most hilarious thing, especially the way he lost. Chrono tran blasted so far away.

Ill miss this arc if we're finally moving the plot forward with Kamui :(

KADO 4

I appreciated that they covered the drawbacks to the Wam this episode. It seemed too good to be true, although it could be ok if they use it within reason (which probably wouldn't happen, unless zaShunina has planned for that too). Looking forward to seeing zaShunina's plan unfold next episode.

Hopefully we'll see Tsukai and Shindo square off more seriously in the future too, as I'd love to see each of them in a serious negotiation against each other.

If anyone's interested, Funimation will be streaming the dub for this starting tomorrow. They've announced some of the cast for the series too.

Kickz

Hero Academia 18

-You thought Naruto was flagrant with the flash backs.. Here we have flashbacks for previous weeks eps lol.. But all in all a good result to this battle round.

Anyone know how many total eps we are getting this season???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom