• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

HEYBOT! 31

And now, some more of my favorite gags.

jB4kt1w.jpg
bxCRiu9.jpg

iv3zqQk.jpg
IfkMOJ0.jpg

Nejiru falls on Heybot and he gets slammed into his shirt for no reason then the episode ends
I think I can help here. This a reference to the classic anime about a magical frog that lives in a guy's shirt: Gutsy Frog:

gutsy-again344.jpg

duckroll

I don't see any impressions from the usual suspects. How was the Tales of Zesty XXX ending? Is everyone also trapped in an endless loop of playing Persona 5 like me?

With R3 coming, I have to wonder, how are they gonna do it.

They have to bring Lelouch back. The question is how. Are they gonna say he somehow survived in the end, aka he was in the carriage ending? Or are they gonna perfectly clone him or something?

They have to bring Lelouch back. The question is how. Are they gonna say he somehow survived in the end, aka he was in the carriage ending? Or are they gonna perfectly clone him or something?

There's always that fan theory where
Lelouch ended up becoming immortal via his final confrontation with Charles.

3Kaze

I don't see any impressions from the usual suspects. How was the Tales of Zesty XXX ending? Is everyone also trapped in an endless loop of playing Persona 5 like me?

It was alright (similar to the game but done a bit better), although the final fight was underwhelming. None of ufotable top animators showed up, they are probably all busy working on Katsugeki.

Granblue 5 had the superior Miura SB of the two shows. Hirao worked on AoT 30 too!

Strimei

I expect
the popular Code Geass theory, that Lelouch had both and thus, he had the Code Geass. Alternatively, they could go with one of the original plans for R2 which was have Jeremiah's sister who looks EXACTLY like Lelouch take his place.

Samurai Jack Season 5 Episode 7
I was hoping the last episode was going to be the only one with horrible pacing but it was not the case. The show almost feels like Genndy did the first half of the show thinking he had a 20+ episode slot season and somebody later came in and told him that no he actually had 10 so instead of being 1/4th of the way done he was halfway done already. He then grabbed scripts together, took off 'fluff' (see proper pacing and breathing room) and then pasted them together in an awkward fashion.

Episode 6 it was forgivable. It was a
flashback episode aimed at showing members of Jack's army that would join the Scotts in helping Jack defeat Aku. Also to show Ashi's transformation via the very obvious 'butterfly metamorphosis' scene where she changes outwardly.
Whatever.

But this episode then decided to close off 3 different subplots into once again an extremely awkward fashion in the rush to reach the finish line. We had
Ashi's mom/past catching up to her, Jack finding his sword, and Jack dealing with his anger/despair being what made him lose the sword to begin with.

Issue number 1 with the episode though was the Ashi fight. What the ever living fuck. Did someone do a cheat code off screen? When Jack fights hordes of enemies it's already hard to grasp, but at least like when he does it's either a struggle due to being underarmed (first time battling beetles), or easy when he has years of experience AND has a lot of weaponry (this season's beetle fight). And even then, he doesn't
fight a WHOLE fucking army and descimate enemies
within seconds.

Is this freaking Dynasty Warriors? When did
Ashi gain the strength to literally push a sea of men?
If she can do this proportionally then why the fuck was she struggling with the mechanic/electrician dude during the children episode. It felt like a fan fiction video game cutscene and I disliked it.

Second issue is how quickly all of the subplots ended. It felt like a parody 'in a nutshell' video from back in the early days of the internet.

"Ashi I am your mom, do what you should-AAAAAAAAAAH I'M DEFEATED"

"I am angry Jack it is not I who has held you back but actually y-AAAAAAAAAAH I'M DEFEATED"

"Man I really need to find my sword, oh hey I defeated my evil version"

Deus Ex Godchina: WE ARE PLOT DEVICE HERE IS SWORD, SHAVE, HAIRCUT AND ROBES

I am going to give Genndy the benefit of the doubt with these last two episodes that he had a big idea of how to end this properly and then had to cut shit out that he felt wasn't as necessary to the last couple of episodes. For the love of God, please have the pacing in these last 3 episodes feel more natural like the first half of the season. Assuming fighting Aku is a two parter, that means we would only have 1 more episode of a journey.

I don't know man. I'm eager to finishing the show but the execution in these last two episodes has left me wanting. I'm sure somebody could counter every complaint I have in here with something to make it less jarring, but me as a viewer and fan of the show none of this felt earned and pacing felt extremely off.

jonjonaug

Samurai Jack Season 5 Episode 7
I was hoping the last episode was going to be the only one with horrible pacing but it was not the case. The show almost feels like Genndy did the first half of the show thinking he had a 20+ episode slot season and somebody later came in and told him that no he actually had 10 so instead of being 1/4th of the way done he was halfway done already. He then grabbed scripts together, took off 'fluff' (see proper pacing and breathing room) and then pasted them together in an awkward fashion.

Episode 6 it was forgivable. It was a
flashback episode aimed at showing members of Jack's army that would join the Scotts in helping Jack defeat Aku. Also to show Ashi's transformation via the very obvious 'butterfly metamorphosis' scene where she changes outwardly.
Whatever.

But this episode then decided to close off 3 different subplots into once again an extremely awkward fashion in the rush to reach the finish line. We had
Ashi's mom/past catching up to her, Jack finding his sword, and Jack dealing with his anger/despair being what made him lose the sword to begin with.

Issue number 1 with the episode though was the Ashi fight. What the ever living fuck. Did someone do a cheat code off screen? When Jack fights hordes of enemies it's already hard to grasp, but at least like when he does it's either a struggle due to being underarmed (first time battling beetles), or easy when he has years of experience AND has a lot of weaponry (this season's beetle fight). And even then, he doesn't
fight a WHOLE fucking army and descimate enemies
within seconds.

Is this freaking Dynasty Warriors? When did
Ashi gain the strength to literally push a sea of men?
If she can do this proportionally then why the fuck was she struggling with the mechanic/electrician dude during the children episode. It felt like a fan fiction video game cutscene and I disliked it.

Second issue is how quickly all of the subplots ended. It felt like a parody 'in a nutshell' video from back in the early days of the internet.

"Ashi I am your mom, do what you should-AAAAAAAAAAH I'M DEFEATED"

"I am angry Jack it is not I who has held you back but actually y-AAAAAAAAAAH I'M DEFEATED"

"Man I really need to find my sword, oh hey I defeated my evil version"

Deus Ex Godchina: WE ARE PLOT DEVICE HERE IS SWORD, SHAVE, HAIRCUT AND ROBES

I am going to give Genndy the benefit of the doubt with these last two episodes that he had a big idea of how to end this properly and then had to cut shit out that he felt wasn't as necessary to the last couple of episodes. For the love of God, please have the pacing in these last 3 episodes feel more natural like the first half of the season. Assuming fighting Aku is a two parter, that means we would only have 1 more episode of a journey.

I don't know man. I'm eager to finishing the show but the execution in these last two episodes has left me wanting. I'm sure somebody could counter every complaint I have in here with something to make it less jarring, but me as a viewer and fan of the show none of this felt earned and pacing felt extremely off.

The sword and Jack conquering his inner demons being a single episode is fine, but that thing
with Ashi's mom
felt like it should have been the focus of an entire episode on its own.

Rumor has it that the season was originally planned to be 15 episodes, but had to be condensed down to 10

Dunno how much substance there is to that, but it would make sense

KraytarJ

Madoka Magica 9
Kyoko x Sayaka BibleThump

Madoka Magica 10
Time to get Steins;Gate up in here. I will say I understand why Homura is the way she is now but I still really don't like her nor do I want to see her succeed, it's just Kyubey is far worse (and far lamer) than I imagined.

pbayne

Tiger Mask 29

Lol the fuck, in what universe is yosh-hashi in any njpw top 5?
Miss X sounds practically orgasmic at the thought of Tiger working for her. Third is so boss. Dat falcon punch.

Twin Angel Break 01-04

I'm getting so kind of stupid joy out of watching this dumb magical girl show and I'm not sure why.

GBF 04

Gran solo'd Tia, I call massive bullshit.

Danmachi Gaiden 03

I find the story of lesbian mage who is strong but has no self confidence and her adventures with her OP group a lot lot more interesting than Bell and all his shit.

Eromanga sensei 04

Man I can't shake the feeling that these two siblings are on the cusp on FORBIDDEN LOVE. I suspect this show is strongly teasing it but not actually intending to go through with it unlike its spiritual predecessor.

My theory:

The term "resurrection" is literal. As in, he comes back from the dead.

The plot's going to be about a bunch of Britannians who were killed in the war getting revived because Geass or something and forming a terrorist group against the new world and Lelouch comes back to stop them.

Qurupeke

March comes like a tiger 4

Cute episode with a lot of shogi, though I'm disappointed we didn't see more of Nidaima-Benten. I liked the first scene sooo much.

Tonton

Love Live! Sunshine!! 13 END

Liked this ending, don't like this series as much as the original one but these girls grew on me and I'm still left wanting more

Does this already have a second season confirmed? It definitely left it open for another one

Cornbread78

My theory:

The term "resurrection" is literal. As in, he comes back from the dead.
The plot's going to be about a bunch of Britannians who were killed in the war getting revived because Geass or something and forming a terrorist group against the new world and Lelouch comes back to stop them.

Think
Mass Effect 2
resurrection.

ATOM: The Beginning 3

I guess you can't have a show about robots without an episode where you discuss the philosophy of robots and their role with people and emotions. But considering the whole premise of the show is them creating a robot with 'a heart' is this type of episode even necessary? I assume this is a manga chapter, was it necessary to adapt? By any stretch of the imagination this is a throwaway chapter.

2 Eccentric 2 Family Ep 4

The battle in the shogi tournament was great lmao. Also, that final scene was so sweet it gave me the beetus, but then it has to be ruined by
that fucking cliffhanger twist
lmao. Why can't we end things nicely.

Labolas

Bahamut Virgin Soul episode 4

Okay, so in comparison to the first season, this has been a weaker one thus far. Not a big fan of the leads, they are not interesting enough. I was actually hoping that they kill off Azazel. At least then I wouldn't have deal with the mundane revenge plot. Nina is okay, but like I said she isn't interesting enough. Her transforming into a dragon because of being around attractive young men is lame as hell. Also this doesn't have the world building of the first season. They've been stuck in that city for awhile now. Hopefully they'll turn it around.

Also watched a random DBS episode, wow, is the new female saiyan look terrible. I've seen better fan art of female saiyans.

HEYBOT! Episode 29 – It's Really Good! It's Totally Cool!
C-rIjegXkAAyPuP.jpg:small

Its fine to be random.

The neji3ru plot is interesting with the time travel aspect but also the other stuff with that dimension, and perhaps what the past failures were, too bad it was challenging to figure out some of the details since it was so random, lol.

can anyone recommend a decent, perhaps dark/brutal anime to watch? Not interested in stuff like looks cartoony such as hunter x hunter.

Loved attack on titan season 1. waiting for season 2 to come on netflix.

Have seen dragonball z etc.

can anyone recommend a decent, perhaps dark/brutal anime to watch? Not interested in stuff like looks cartoony such as hunter x hunter.

Black Lagoon
Texhnolyze
Fate Zero
Berserk (though read the manga better)
Claymore
Shadow the Hedgehog

phaze

Shigurui
Mouryou no Hako
Fate/Zero
Texhnolyze

BnHA 18

You know, I thought more things of interest transpired in the cavalry battle than it did. Pretty eh all around. And I have to say that for some reason, the usual battle shounen stream of internal monologues, exposition of battle strategy etc is more painful to me here than in other works of the kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom