• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Beck ep.1
This was a pretty interesting opening with both an odd tone and art style. The Engrish was a little over-the-top (damn American's) but it looks like this one could get very interesting. The childhood friend gonna get rekt again, but the guy this time though, lol

I'm excited, looks great.

And I think Hayashi the legend is composing for it as well.

Yuuki Hayashi is composing, yes. He actually got his start in his career writing music for ballroom dancing compositions (after being a former rhythmic gymnast!), so he is ideally suited to handle this show.

phaze

Woah, that looks like some... extremely boring sitting around and talking with minimal character animation.

k

I mean ... it's Soma ... isn't that par for the course ?
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

And yep, that's the Elite 10.

Cornbread78

Sukasuka ep.3
They really shouldn't play these games, my heart can't take too much of it. A little concerned about who was singled out in the end, it would have been better as a group thing, but I get it.... Pretty well done though! Jerks shouldn't play with my heart like that!

I mean ... it's Soma ... isn't that par for the course ?
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

Qivzh7C.gif

I liked the cooking and competition, much more so in S1 but here and there S2 was 'aight, too. They could've worked on the many established characters, though, or even that gets increasingly less fun.

Introducing yet another bunch of likely undercooked characters whose over-the-top-ness will likely elicit a yawn at best by this point doesn't seem promising.

The part with Kuga is super fun though! I would love to see it animated.

Edit: Actually any part with Kuga is fun and should be animated.

Just don't rush it like season 2 :/ they cut out all the best character interaction stuff from it.

Thud

I had to drop Beck after the first episode.

While the manga became one of my favorite series. One where you have to imagine the sound associated with certain panels. That sound varies from person to person, which makes for an unique experience. Now if you watched the anime then the OST would take that place. So you would never know what it could have been without.

And vice versa if you already know the manga the sounds will differ from the anime. It could either enhance or break my experience. I'm not that keen to flip a coin.

I had to drop Beck after the first episode.

While the manga became one of my favorite series. One where you have to imagine the sound associated with certain panels. That sound varies from person to person, which makes for an unique experience. Now if you watched the anime then the OST would take that place. So you would never know what it could have been without.

And vice versa if you already know the manga the sounds will differ from the anime. It could either enhance or break my experience. I'm not that keen to flip a coin.

The manga is significantly better than the anime adaptation even beyond this issue.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This some weird stuff :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnTIcTJqIn4

She one of those idols that performs in the streets?
I get the impression that she goes to an open stage, since she seems to perform with various other idols/idol groups.

From the movie, it seems she uses youtube to work for fans, since there's like an off-brand AKB-style election for independent idols.

She said she was almost picked to do an anime role and an anisong, but it fell through. The movie ends with her being picked up by Hyadain, who writes a song for her... so I get the impression that she's probably near the top of the indie idols.

No thanks. lol
The event with the 10 year olds ended with the girls in cosplay modelling for the adults though, so yeah... :p

sonicmj1

I get the impression that she goes to an open stage, since she seems to perform with various other idols/idol groups.

From the movie, it seems she uses youtube to work for fans, since there's like an off-brand AKB-style election for independent idols.

She said she was almost picked to do an anime role and an anisong, but it fell through. The movie ends with her being picked up by Hyadain, who writes a song for her... so I get the impression that she's probably near the top of the indie idols.

All this talk of indie idols reminded me of Turning Girls for the first time in ages.

DNAbro

Man it's amazing how generic Granblue Fantasy is. I was hoping it could at least spark my interest if I started watching.

Ascheroth

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? aka What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? aka SukaSuka 04

That bait and switch though. Although it was kinda obvious.
Still one of my favorite shows of the season. Tiat was cute and Willem continues to be a great MC.
Only slightly disappointed at the end there. Why no hug equality!??? That would have been perfect.

Bastard Teacher 05

Surprisingly, this has solidified itself as the second funnest LN show of the season for me. There have also been no more shitty fanservice/trashy LN scenes after the second episode, well, outside of their dumb uniforms.
That illusion scene cracked me up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
All this talk of indie idols reminded me of Turning Girls for the first time in ages.

lol I forgot this existed.

Also, that's exactly what she was doing. She lives in a cramped bedroom with a futon on the floor and a wall taken up by computer and streaming equipment.

Man it's amazing how generic Granblue Fantasy is. I was hoping it could at least spark my interest if I started watching.
If you approach it from the duckroll angle, it's the best phantasy show by virtue of being the only one on the market. lol

e_i

And PonyCanyon puts out physical releases of Kuromukuro in July, within two weeks of each other for $120 a piece in half series sets, at the same Magi and Hyouka are coming out. My wallet is going to commit seppuku.

zulux21

seven deadly sins (the ecchi one from this season) episode 1.

It wasn't as bad as queen's blade............

yup... that is about the best I can say about it.... was just as horrible as expected.

If you want to watch some light hentai give it a go.... if not avoid avoid avoid...

*sighs*

curse me and my deciding to watch at least 3 episodes of everything dubbed on funimation.com.

oh well, still likely won't be the worst thing I watch from doing that lol.

kewlmyc

seven deadly sins (the ecchi one from this season) episode 1.

It wasn't as bad as queen's blade............

yup... that is about the best I can say about it.... was just as horrible as expected.

If you want to watch some light hentai give it a go.... if not avoid avoid avoid...

*sighs*

curse me and my deciding to watch at least 3 episodes of everything dubbed on funimation.com.

oh well, still likely won't be the worst thing I watch from doing that lol.

They're simudubbing it? I'm surprised.

Szadek

Bahamut Virgin Dragon - Ep. 4
This episode felt like it was 5 mintues long. I was very surprised that it was over already.
Good stuff.

Alice & Zouruko - 05

One of the stranger anime I've seen.

MFoj9Lv.png

What you gonna do after witnessing magical guns shoot down disembodied, burly arms?

YIbfdNU.png

Why, eat a high quality Snickers of course!

I can't say this episode was all that engaging really but the show's so odd I'll keep watching for now.

zulux21

Wow, that Crunchyroll deal is paying off. That list is massive.

yup it was that way last season as well. basically they are dubbing most of the things that crunchy has.

still hoping that next season they announce a dub for re:zero... for sure want to show that one to a few friends but a few of my friends will only watch dubbed stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom